Bitter Sushi Ladies: January Edition - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2011, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amo4piano View Post

BOOOOO! Another TWW bites the dust...guess I won't be leaving the club this month :(

(not that I don't love you ladies!)

We have my husband's grandma's viewing today and funeral tomorrow...perfect timing, AF. Way to REALLY smash us while we're down!

Hope you ladies are starting off the new year better than we are!

greensad.gif I'm sorry hug.gif

Whatever will be, already is...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post

Wow, it's been ages.  It is true that Tear is pregnant with TWINS?!  I looked over the first page list and my eyes bugged.  Wowowowow.

Grats to all you lucky ones, and my thoughts to all who are still trying.  Not sure if anyone remembers me (been a few months probably since I posted :<  ) but I am finally quitting my pos job, destressing, and best of all - my husband picked out a donor, we ordered, and our first IUI is going to be in two weeks! :D

Really truly trying for real, finally.  I'm starting to become frightened lol.  After two and a half years of trying but never really expecting that slim chance to work itself out - this is a big step.

Hi kparker! Nice to see you.

Tear lost one of the twins a week or so ago. I haven't seen her around on the ivf thread much since she announced it there. I hope she doesn't mind me telling you all.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Quote:

Wow, it's been ages.  It is true that Tear is pregnant with TWINS?!  I looked over the first page list and my eyes bugged.  Wowowowow.

Grats to all you lucky ones, and my thoughts to all who are still trying.  Not sure if anyone remembers me (been a few months probably since I posted :<  ) but I am finally quitting my pos job, destressing, and best of all - my husband picked out a donor, we ordered, and our first IUI is going to be in two weeks! :D

Really truly trying for real, finally.  I'm starting to become frightened lol.  After two and a half years of trying but never really expecting that slim chance to work itself out - this is a big step.

Hi kparker! Nice to see you.

Tear lost one of the twins a week or so ago. I haven't seen her around on the ivf thread much since she announced it there. I hope she doesn't mind me telling you all.

greensad.gif I'm so sad to hear that mecry.gif

Old 01-16-2011, 10:06 AM

Old 01-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Sorry to hear about Tear...

You know, the lady drinking and smoking may end up really getting it... FAS is not fun to try to deal with!

Had a great day yesterday, as I spend most of the day finishing dd's boots. Today I have been online too much, and am feeling rather useless. I think they key for me is to stay active, especially in creating things or looking for new ideas. That way I feel useful, even though dd is too old to keep me very busy.

I am something DPO... ha. This was the first cycle for a long time that I did not temp. I know basically when I ovulated, but don't have the temps to prove it. I am still, or once again, trying to figure out whether I am going to try again to get some help, either abroad or here. So far I don't know. I am just too convinced the docs here will not find anything wrong with me.

I think that there will never be a time that I wouldn't want another baby. Soo.... I am trying to explain to myself that part of this pain is something I will need to deal with, anyway, sooner or later. My biggest problem is the dreams I had about my life... a big family in a little house out of the city. If I could somehow develop new dreams about dh, dd and I in that house, I think it would help tons. You know, if I could imagine how that would be. I am just not there, yet, as that is something I never would have hoped for.

For some reason there is a particular friend whose family I really struggle with right now. I would not want her life, not at all, but I just cannot understand how it is possible that she has so many kids younger than our dd. It is that unfair thing, again. I think that the more I suffer, the more I will hopefully start to see new life as huge gift, rather than as something we should be entitled to. That might help to put things into perspective for me. And yet, even that does not change the fact that almost every woman I know in real life has had more or less an easy time having more children. I am not sure I will be able to remain close with some friends in the next ten years, as they keep adding to their families, and we don't. I see myself becoming quite the hermit, living my life in that little house that we will hopefully have one day, writing, sewing, gardening, takin care of chickens... All the type of activities I do alone or with dd, not with friends.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:58 PM

LTB, I want so bad for your dreams to come true about your family. I know what you mean about never wanting another baby, I am too old, and I still want one greensad.gif You and your family are in my thoughts, it isn't fair that you should have to be wealthy to adopt greensad.gifhug.gif I am an optimist by nature though, and I have a lot of hope for you. Maybe this is your cycle, I know you are probably sick of hearing it, but I had to say it hug.gif

I just looked, and I am on cd12, I should probably start BD tonight or tomorrow night, I have been known to O early and I have no idea what I will do this month in regards to last month. I think I will seduce DH tonight innocent.gif

Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I found this horrible news after I'd posted - but then my wireless died and I couldn't get back on to update.  I'm so devastated for her!  What a conflict of emotions she must be going through...  gloomy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

I have-- I guess not "road rage," but "life rage." I hate seeing people yell at or embarrass their kids like that in public. Who are these people who so easily forget how grateful they should be to HAVE kids???

I SO know what you mean!  When I went shopping yesterday there was so much "trailer trash" (I don't like to speak ill of anyone, but they really were that bad) with half a dozen kids tagging along, being shouted at for stupid stuff.  It makes me soooo mad...  and sad...  all comes back to the  "is this really fair?" question.  greensad.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy View Post

I think that there will never be a time that I wouldn't want another baby. Soo.... I am trying to explain to myself that part of this pain is something I will need to deal with, anyway, sooner or later. My biggest problem is the dreams I had about my life... a big family in a little house out of the city. If I could somehow develop new dreams about dh, dd and I in that house, I think it would help tons. You know, if I could imagine how that would be. I am just not there, yet, as that is something I never would have hoped for.

I so want your dreams to come true for you!!!   praying.gif  Whatever the method...  I pray it happens for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

, it isn't fair that you should have to be wealthy to adopt greensad.gif

No, it isn't. greensad.gif  It sucks...  the amount they charge - it doesn't compute.  Surely it can not cost that much money to look after a child for 6 months or a couple of years - especially when they're in a group home.  It's rotten that they abuse people's emotions in that way.  I would also love to adopt - but there's no way in hell I'd ever be able to afford it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

I just looked, and I am on cd12, I should probably start BD tonight or tomorrow night, I have been known to O early and I have no idea what I will do this month in regards to last month. I think I will seduce DH tonight innocent.gif

You go get that man of yours!!!!  Reow!!!  Smiley

AFM....  6dpo and my temps seem somewhat more stable than the last few months...  so I'm happy with that, at least.  Now I'm going to test out my new breadmaker.   Mmmmm....  fresh bread.  yummy.gif

Old 01-16-2011, 04:16 PM

Ugh, ugh, ugh , ugh! First off, I haven't been getting the e-mails, again, when this thread is updated. I came on today, and 39 new posts since I last checked! So I pulled out a bunch of multi-quotes, hit the final quote button, and only one of my quotes pulled through. SO frustrating!

I can't even remember all that I was going to respond to, but I'll try. So sorry for anyone I forget.

LTB - I believe that the method MBA mentioned for semen collection (a poked hole in a condom) is permissible, provided the husband BDs with his wife and doesn't just self-love, IYKWIM. That leaves a chance for natural conception to occur but some sample is left in the condom for analysis. But maybe that was faulty information??

On the auto-immune front, even if something like that is going on don't give up hope. From what I've read about it, it can disappear just as quickly as it appeared. I've often wondered if this what's going on with me even though I have two children with (almost) normal pregnancies. My grandmother has rheumatoid arthritis and my daughter had Kawasaki disease last year. Even though they're not really related, they are both auto-immune and I wonder if there's some familial predisposition there. Plus with DS I had PIH and one theory on that is that it's a rejection thing. Which adds to my speculation.

Anyway, I'm praying for you (and the rest of you ladies). I really hope things work out for your family.

rcr - Homeschooling DD while going to school or working has been a challenge. The way we do it now is maybe hit a few easy subjects after I get home from work (this will change once I'm done with orientation and move to nights), and then hit all subjects on the other 4 days of the week. We're also playing catch up right now from my last school semester when I didn't have a lot of time to work with her. I'm also going to go through the work with DH tonight so he can work with her when I can't. It can be done, but it takes a lot of dedication and commitment. Also, it has been a continuous work in progress/learn as you go thing for us. I try to cut myself and her some slack, but it's not always easy. We had a better time of it this week by letting her play educational computer games as mini-breaks. She has trouble being still and concentrating for long periods of time. I'm not sure how she'd do in "real" school. It would either be really, really bad (principal's office and them pushing ritalin) or she might adapt really, really well (she's very surprising when I'm out of the picture). Anyway, I say go for it if you have any inkling you'd like to do it. Just know from the outset that it can be a major challenge.

music - I can't believe that woman!! Smoking AND drinking. Disgusting!

mba - Good luck with DH's party. Sounds awesome!

I know I'm forgetting things. :sad

AFM - After all of that fretting over my lower than normal post-O temps last cycle, now I'm having higher than normal pre-O temps this cycle. Like, they're barely lower than my post-O temps from last cycle. I even took a HPT yesterday b/c they hadn't dropped very much (even though overall they've all been too low for pg temps, I think). Anyway, it was BFN. But AF was weirdly light this time so everything seems confused. Maybe I just had a really poor LP last cycle so there wasn't much to shed during AF?? Would that explain the weird temps, too?

Grandpa's memorial was yesterday. I was doing OK until people around me started choking up. It was really hard seeing my dad cry. Very draining day overall.

ETA - One thing I forgot - poor Tear! Hugs and prayers go out to her.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

Old 01-16-2011, 07:39 PM

so...I mentioned earlier that DH's grandma's viewing was today...one of our friends showed up to support us--and surprise us. You guessed it! They're pregnant.

So, not only did AF arrive this morning (by the way, we're official at a year now) and then we spent the entire day at the viewing but I had to act happy and surprised for someone who decided it would be appropriate to break PG news at a viewing.

I'm telling you...rough day.

Just needed to vent. Sorry!

LAVATEA: I see you are in the same boat with the memorial service. I'm sorry! I feel your pain and am thinking of you and praying for you and your family during this difficult time :(

MIRIAM: thanks. it marks one year of TTC for us, so it stung particularly bad :(

DW married to DH expecting first baby in April 2012!

Old 01-16-2011, 07:59 PM

Old 01-16-2011, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

amo4piano...  I'm so sorry you had to endure that.  I can't believe how inconsiderate some people can be... time and place, people!!!!  hug2.gif

lavatea...  hug2.gif to you too.  I was the same at my g'ma's cremation a few years back - I was fine, until I saw my big tough uncles in tears.

Okay...  hopefully this will give you all a bit of a giggle.  Yesterday I started craving moo ping kao niao (grilled pork skewers and sticky rice) - I used to have it for breakfast almost every day while we were living in Bangkok.  So I got up this morning and put the rice on, then put the pork on the skewers for the grill.

Bamboo skewers.

Did I soak them first?  No.

Did they burn?  Yes.

Do I have tiny little splinters in 4 of my fingers?  Um...  yes.  2 or 3 in each finger.  And they're not positioned so I could just put one plaster on the whole lot (I've smothered them in an osmotic gel)....  nooo.  Multiple plasters.  On each finger.

Makes for interesting typing...  duh.gif

Oh.  AND...  I was just about to get all excited about the number of times I've peed today....  then I remembered I've just started drinking dandelion root tea....  it's a natural diuretic.....

Can anyone say "Mondayitis"??? uhoh3.gif rolleyes.gif

Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Amo - that's just..ugh..I can't believe people! Hello "it's all about me" syndrome! I guess we can hope that maybe they really thought it would cheer people up.

Lavatea - Sorry about your hard weekend too!

LTB- I feel like I've already become a hermit. I don't really have the desire anymore to be with our friends who have had more children since we had DS. I have distanced myself from a few friendships because it just is hard for me to swallow. I guess I struggle with wondering if somehow I'm being punished, or that we aren't deserving of more for some reason. It's hard to say that! But I think it's back there in the back of my mind. Anyway, I hope your dreams of your family come true!!! I know I'm not giving up on my dreams, although I have had to let go of the idea of many, many children, because now, there just isn't enough time..but still, I want more. And I hope and pray those dreams come true for both of us! The book by Dr. Beer looks really interesting, by the way!

Music - I get so irked at people yelling at their kids or ignoring them when I'm out and about! People please be grateful for your children and treat them with respect! Sometimes I feel like shouting it from the rooftops!!....also..Yay for the new breadmaker! I love fresh, homemade bread!

Beloved - I hope tonight is THE night! Good luck!

kparker - I'm new since you were here before but that sounds very exciting about your IUI!

SweetBee - Thank you so much for encouraging me! Please do not feel bad that you are frustrated by your late O! Just because mine is even later doesn't mean it's not still frustrating for you! Also, this is a fairly new thing for you and I have had this trouble as long as I've had cycles. So, not that it makes it less frustrating, but I guess in a way I am used to that particular frustration. Now my frustration is just that I know what I want to do to get help and I'm not in the right location for it!! Unfortunately, I'm not sure we really want DH to take this job..not unless they offer him good money, because it's truly not anything near what he just spent the last couple of years working on his Masters for..so I don't know. But we'll see how it goes! I'll keep you posted.

If I forgot anyone I'm so sorry!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oh no, poor Tear :(  She can't catch a break.

Beloved, you and I live here it seems :) I hope we both can get out soon, along with everyone else!

MBA yes that was what was going on, he was bummed about everything I think and had a few months of absolute insecurity and decided he didn't want kids anyway - which really affected our relationship negatively to the point of near collapse.  Once he came to terms with what was happening, we did some counseling and are on the way to success I hope!

Best wishes to everyone else <3

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

amo - Ouch! I am sorry for your friend's poor timing. :(

LTB - I hurt for you just thinking about the frustration of not being able to get any answers. I spent so much time getting ignored by doctors before getting my PCOS diagnosis, and it was so frustrating! I don't know what I would do in your situation. :( And I, too, have been reflecting more on the "barren" women of the Bible. I'm thinking about doing some more in-depth study on the matter, but I'm not sure if it will make me feel better or worse. I don't get the impression that it made them feel better thinking that God closed their womb... especially not with Rachel and her "Give me children or else I die" statement.

I'm sure I missed some things I wanted to say... you ladies were busy while I was gone this weekend!

AFM... I've suddenly got the baby jealousy back. I had very little to do this weekend (driving to and from Lubbock for dh's civil engineering competition), and so I spent a lot of time on Facebook. I really wanted to punch something when I saw my friend's status update about how she's 21 weeks pregnant and can't wait for birth. This is the person who basically introduced me to MDC and alternative birthing. She wasn't sure she could ever have another kid due to her health issues, and got pregnant when she thought there was no way it would happen. So I'm happy for her. Except I want to punch her for rhapsodizing about how birth is hard work, but so worth it, and for posting the cute video of the ultrasound tech talking to her other kids and telling them they're having a girl. To make it worse, I also found out via FB that apparently someone I know from church who is single is expecting. I got to see her post about how she's thinking she wants to cloth diaper. Which is great and all, but... DANG IT. I was the "good girl", I waited for marriage, and now... one of my single friends gets to have a baby? Which I'm 99% certain is a major "oops"? I really, really wanted to scream. It felt like someone who had punched me. I even got upset when a book character lied about being pregnant. Because, dang it, she could probably get pregnant if she wanted to! GAH.

Anyway, maybe I need sushi tomorrow. I've definitely got the bitter. But tomorrow is our RE appointment, so we'll see how that goes. Apparently dh thinks it's going to be really awkward, which I wasn't aware of at all until this road trip. Sigh. They shouldn't have to ask him too many questions, since his SA already came back fine. Bleh. More news tomorrow.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 AM

wave.gif I posted a very obvious TTC entry on my blog today (the 365 Blog) I wonder what comments I will get!! I was kind of nervous posting it, but I just pressed 'publish' and it was done (presto!)

Old 01-17-2011, 06:08 AM

Oh, I am sorry that some of you are feeling pain at the anniversary of TTC, it doesn't seem fair that some people have it so easy. I have the TTC ones and the m/c ones, and also the dates the m/c babies would have been due greensad.gifhug.gif

Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 AM
rcr

[quote name="miriam_bat_avraham"I saw a cute onesie that said "I was worth the wait" and I'll definitely be buying (or embroidering) one myself someday :)[/quote]

OK, I just screwed that quote up, but I am trying to quote MBA

That's cute. I want one. Oh, wait... I want a baby so that I can get one.

Quote:

Oh no, poor Tear :(  She can't catch a break.

Beloved, you and I live here it seems :) I hope we both can get out soon, along with everyone else!

MBA yes that was what was going on, he was bummed about everything I think and had a few months of absolute insecurity and decided he didn't want kids anyway - which really affected our relationship negatively to the point of near collapse.  Once he came to terms with what was happening, we did some counseling and are on the way to success I hope!

Best wishes to everyone else <3

We had a long talk about sperm donation too, and I was expecting the reaction like your Dh, but then my Dh said he didn't care whose sperm it was. Wow, I was shocked. Anyway, we are doing ivf now so we only need a few sperm, which the RE thinks we can get.

Glad you and your dh worked it out!

Afm - DS has been out of diapers for about a week. Last night he wore underware to bed for the first time and woke up dry. What to do with this big pile of cloth diapers that I had planned on saving for the next baby. I guess they will go to he attic with the rest of our baby stuff. It seems really silly to fill.up our tiny house with stuff we are saving for another person who may never come. Ugh.

Did I mention that I start the ivf shots on the 30th. I never thought it would come to this.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:12 AM

music, mmm, bread. Yummy! I'm always saying I should bake bread, but I rarely do. It would have to be baked on Friday afternoon, so my husband could help eat it over the weekend. But I'm just too busy. I did bake cookies on Sunday, though. smile.gif Oh, and sorry about your fingers. Could you still bake with all those blisters? Kneading must be kind of difficult with bandages.

miriam, cute onesie! I love onesies, esp. the newborn ones. There's a pregnancy top in a children's catalog we got a few months ago. It says "miracle of love". I am going to order it when we get pregnant. Last pregnancy, I bought hardly any maternity clothes. But this time I've been anticipating long enough that I'll need a shopping spree to celebrate.

rcr, I'm so anxious for you! It seems like a lot of people get pregnant with IVF, so fingersx.gif

And I think we all need a big grouphug.gif for being faced with pregnant women everywhere. It makes dealing with TTC so much harder. I try to comfort myself by listing good things about not being pregnant yet (more attention for our son for longer, finally got my pre-pregnancy body back), but when I see a bump I can't care about those things. I just want to be pregnant already! It's especially hard when they have a child my son's age or younger and are very pregnant again.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

And I think we all need a big grouphug.gif for being faced with pregnant women everywhere. It makes dealing with TTC so much harder. I try to comfort myself by listing good things about not being pregnant yet (more attention for our son for longer, finally got my pre-pregnancy body back), but when I see a bump I can't care about those things. I just want to be pregnant already! It's especially hard when they have a child my son's age or younger and are very pregnant again.

Hi Sweet.Bee how have you been. I finally logged on this morning to see how things were going and started to think about you. Then I saw that you posted on in this thread. I totally understand about seeing all the prego women. Friday I was at Samsclub in the checkout line I saw 3 women with 3 brand new babies all at the same time at different check out lines. I almost started to cry (well ok maybe it wasnt that bad, but the babies were so stinking cute). Then yesterday I was selling some of my daughters toddler clothing and this lady comes over to buy it and we were talking about our girls because they are just 1 year apart then she throws out that she is almost 40  and just found out she is expecting :( again. So to make me feel better my daughter and I went to target to spend money and this family walks in with 3 kids just a few years apart each and mom is prego!! Not to mention my sister in, whos husband is fixed, keeps texting me saying she is prego and then getting blood tests and they come back negative. WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO TEXT ME THAT STUFF!!!

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

Old 01-17-2011, 11:33 AM
rcr

Sweetbee - the success rate with ivf is something like 30%, so yea, I am hoping those are pretty good odds. It sounds promising to me. Plus, so many people on the fall ivf thread are pregnant now.

I have the day off and now I am thinking I should make some bread.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeJane'sMommy View Post

Hi Sweet.Bee how have you been. I finally logged on this morning to see how things were going and started to think about you. Then I saw that you posted on in this thread. I totally understand about seeing all the prego women. Friday I was at Samsclub in the checkout line I saw 3 women with 3 brand new babies all at the same time at different check out lines. I almost started to cry (well ok maybe it wasnt that bad, but the babies were so stinking cute). Then yesterday I was selling some of my daughters toddler clothing and this lady comes over to buy it and we were talking about our girls because they are just 1 year apart then she throws out that she is almost 40  and just found out she is expecting :( again. So to make me feel better my daughter and I went to target to spend money and this family walks in with 3 kids just a few years apart each and mom is prego!! Not to mention my sister in, whos husband is fixed, keeps texting me saying she is prego and then getting blood tests and they come back negative. WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO TEXT ME THAT STUFF!!!

Hi, ZoeJane'sMommywave.gif How are you doing? Has your doctor managed to help you ovulate? It's so frustrating when our bodies don't cooperate. I seem to remember you've been trying as long as I have, right? As for pregnant women/people in general, it's clear from everyone's stories here that often people just don't think before doing/saying something. And it's nearly impossible to avoid them, too. Sadly so for all of us.

Quote:

Sweetbee - the success rate with ivf is something like 30%, so yea, I am hoping those are pretty good odds. It sounds promising to me. Plus, so many people on the fall ivf thread are pregnant now.

I am hoping for you! They say 30%, but doesn't it seem like even more than that end up pregnant? This is based on my totally unscientific online browsing. redface.gif Still, I think you will end up pregnant from this!

Oh, and I've always found baking to be very soothing. That's why my husband's colleagues often end up with cookies b/c I love to bake them but cannot allow myself to eat too many myself. I wish I could send each and every one of you some right now.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Yeah we finally found something that worked........................100mg of clomid. The soy did not work. If I don't get prego this cycle though I am going to a specialist. I was at the end of April.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilmom View Post

Music - I get so irked at people yelling at their kids or ignoring them when I'm out and about! People please be grateful for your children and treat them with respect! Sometimes I feel like shouting it from the rooftops!!....also..Yay for the new breadmaker! I love fresh, homemade bread!

And a lot of them were pg.  Where is the justice in that?  Sigh.

Fresh whole wheat linseed and chia bread.....  yuuuuuum.  I made 1kg loaf...  but it didn't last past lunchtime.  2 adults and 2 kids (DS's friend came over here so I didn't have to be around the pg mother...  lol)...  DS friend hardly ate any of it (he doesn't eat crusts, and only eats ham or nutella...  wtf?  He's 6!!  DS ate the lot (with salad) and can't wait to make more). The loaf probably would have lasted longer if I'd actually waited to cut it until it had cooled down.... the slices ended up being quite thick....   Oh well, I'll just have to make some more!    yummy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

wave.gif I posted a very obvious TTC entry on my blog today (the 365 Blog) I wonder what comments I will get!! I was kind of nervous posting it, but I just pressed 'publish' and it was done (presto!)

It's gorgeous!!  I love that entry.  You have such a powerful way with words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

music, mmm, bread. Yummy! I'm always saying I should bake bread, but I rarely do. It would have to be baked on Friday afternoon, so my husband could help eat it over the weekend. But I'm just too busy. I did bake cookies on Sunday, though. smile.gif Oh, and sorry about your fingers. Could you still bake with all those blisters? Kneading must be kind of difficult with bandages.

teehee...  don't be sorry - it's my own stupidity!!  lol  No blisters - just splinters from the skewers.  And no kneading required - I spoilt myself and bought a breadmaker...  so all I had to do was throw the ingredients in the machine.   Why didn't I buy it sooner!!!

Quote:

Dooooooo  iiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!  You know you want to......  hehehe  orngtongue.gif

Old 01-17-2011, 04:00 PM

ZoeJane'sMommy, so glad the Clomid worked for you! The soy didn't work for me either. I took it last cycle, and I Oed later than ever before. There's this 1 year rule here, so I have to wait 3 more months until I can see my doctor for help.

miriam, great story!

music, strange about your son's friend. Only nutella and ham? I hope he doesn't eat the nutella out of the jar with a spoon as some people do. Ew. And yay for bread. I use the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid for the kneading, which is so much nicer than doing 10 min by hand. I've used a bread machine, too, and that's quick and easy. And the bread actually tastes good. Though mine always left funny holes on the bottom of the loaf. orngtongue.gif

And I'm almost halfway through my TWW now. Not feeling anything, though my temps are really low. Now, they are always lower than normal, but these are low even for me. Weird. I wonder if this means my hormones are weird? The weather is springlike here, so I can't blame that.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Sweet.Bee...  I know.  AND he won't eat the crusts (even of bought bread)...  he has a very very limited food "repertoire" (which I find weird - probably just because I'm used to DS eating just about anything that's put in front of him).

And I just overlaid my chart on yours - woah!  They're almost identical!!!!  lol

Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 PM

Not that I'm surprised after the BFN a couple days ago and two days of dropping temps, but AF is here now. On to IUI #2.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Not that I'm surprised after the BFN a couple days ago and two days of dropping temps, but AF is here now. On to IUI #2.

hug.gif

A and M, June 2012
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Kyamo - hug.gif Not a surprise, but still sucky. :(

AFM - RE made us wait for almost 2 hours. Which just cemented dh's absolute hatred of doctor's offices, and resulted in me being in tears on the way home because I can't handle him being irritated. RE wants to do more testing, and ignored anything I said about temping. I know I haven't ovulated in months, but he clearly doesn't believe me. Sigh. So it's on to Provera to induce a period so they can do the testing they want. At least he didn't make me sit around and wait for awhile to see if AF would show up on its own.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
rcr

Sweetbee- it sure does seem higher than 30%
Just looking at the ivf thread from the fall - nearly every on of those ladies got pregnant. Sadly, there were some losses, so as we all know getting pregnant and staying pregnant are two different things.

Mba- that person who is constantly posting about being pregnant, I really hope it ends well for her. I think it is really dangerous to be making such a big deal so soon. So many people have early losses, it sucks so bad to have to un-tell people, even if it is just close family. As annoying as that woman sounds, I hope she does not end up m/cing and having to un-tell he whole world.

Mba- I'm OK. Just feeling kinda sad that it has come to this. I never pictured myself having to do ivf. And then there is the whole issue of extra embryos. I will be donating them, because the thought of destroying them is pretty bad, even though I am totally pro-choice and all for stem cell research. But, when reality sets in and I realize that there may be genetic siblings to DS and hopefully more kids, well, it also feels weird. I hope the parents of the donated embryos are good parents, y/k. It feels good to be able to help somebody conceive, but it also feels weird to have these other kids walking the earth and not know them.

Anyway, yea, the success rates depend on your personal chances. I am 36 so my chances are lower. But I can't say I'm not really hopeful and excited and picking out names and thinking about how I will take time off work already. I hope I am not setting myself up for a huge disappointment.

Music- that bread sounds wonderful. I didn't end up making bread, I took DS out for lunch and had a nice long visit with my mom.

Kyamo- sorry: hug

Monkey- I wouldn't worry about the RE ignoring you. I think that is pretty standard RE proceedure. It sucks, but it is normal. Sorry. I haven't heard of too many re's who actually care bout charts. Sorry about the wait. I know how you feel, if my dh had to go through what I have to go through, office visits, waits, tests, etc... we would not be doing fertility treatments.

Sweetbee- still hopeful for you.

User Tag List