Bitter Sushi Ladies: January Edition - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

heartbeat.gif Welcome to the January Thread heartbeat.gif

This is a thread for those who have been TTC for a long time, whether 6 months, 12 months, or more. At this point many of us are at or past 1 or 2 years, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well, all things considered we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw like sushi. Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi & sake to console ourselves. This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many...but we just can't seem to get it right. So this is where we can be together, share and express anything.

Current Bitter Sushi Ladies

abstract

33, and DH (36), TTC (his #2, my #1) off-and-on since November 2006

~AA~

Trying with DH since Feb 2008, on Clomid

amo4piano

ttc 11 months, one loss @ 10.5 weeks 9/2010 (blighted ovum)

Attached2Elijah

Hoping for #3 for 4 years and 3 months with 6 months hard TTC (charting, etc) after previous unexplained secondary infertility.BFPChart2.gif

blueyezz4

TTC #1 (technically #4-long story) since 2006; Moving on to our first FET after 5 failed IUI's and 1 IVF

borobaby

TTC #2 for 7 months

collieflower

TTC #2 for 2 years, with 4 m/c (and another before DC#1)

enigo

Has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

inwaiting

TTC #1 for 14 months, with one ectopic.

indianagirl

36, TTC for a little over two years onto IUI and clomid

jane

4 losses since December 2008.  Now working with an RE BFPChart2.gif

jenger

Mama to DD (4/07) TTC #2 since August 2009. BFPChart2.gif

jennabella

TTC #2 since July 2009, with a loss in February 2010 and a loss in July 2010

justhinkn

TTC #2 since summer 2009, just starting IF testing with DH

keria

TTC #1 since October 2008.

kgulbransen

TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 1 at home with frozen, all using HCG trigger; 5 at home insems with fresh donor, latest one Jan (try#11). Short luteal phase, otherwise all clear, have tried Femara and Clomid with no success. On to IVF in April??

kinza

TTC #1 since November 2008, with PCOS and Male Factor BFPChart2.gif

kparker

TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, IUI #1 with donor sperm Jan 2011

Kyamo

TTC#1 since Jan 2010 (with PCOS) BFPChart2.gif

laggie

TTC #1 since Fall 2009 with male factor issues

lapis

TTC #1 since August 2008. Living in a new country with a calmer lifestyle and trying not to get sucked into the TTC vacuum

lavatea

Has two lovely children, 6 and 3. Lost #3 at 18 weeks last November. Lost #4 pretty much right away, 4w6d in March. Lost #5 at 6w3d this past June. BFPChart2.gif

lilmom

35, ttc #2 for a year and a half with pcos and rarely ovulating

littlest birds

TTC for 16+ months after VR BFPChart2.gif

luminesce

TTC #2 since 4/2010 after 3 years of unexplained infertility with #1

mahnamahna

Mama to 1 amazing son, TTC #2 for one year, natural parenting blogger

millefleur

34, happily unmarried to my beloved DP since 2005. Started TTC our first in Summer 2008. Nine week miscarriage December 2008. TTC again since June 2009 without interventions

miriam bat avraham

TTC #1 for 24+ months, PCOS, normal SA, irregular cycles, currently on first cycle of Clomid & Ovidrel and IUI. BFPChart2.gif

monkeyscience

26, TTC #1 w/ PCOS since 6/2010, anovulatory the whole time. SA results good, RE appointment 1/17

musicoholic

Stop-start TTC#2 since April '06; no known fertility issues BFPChart2.gif

mrs.nap515

TTC #1 with DH. Hormone deficiencies and hypothalmic amenorrhea.

rcr

TTC since summer 2009, and NTNP since summer 2008 with male factor and one loss in August 2010. 36 YO BFPChart2.gif

silverbird

ttc #1 since June 2010, after a two year delay for illness.  Waiting for IVF. 

SimplyRochelle

TTC #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

Smilesarefree

36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

sweet.bee

TTC #2 with late ovulation and an overworked husband BFPChart2.gif

sweetest77

38 y/o, TTC #3 since May 09, after VR

tara2

TTC #4 (#2 for DH) since October 2009, DH with low count

TTC3Years

TTC #1 for since December of ‘06

ZanneMom

TTC#2 for more than 12 months

hug2.gif In our thoughts, on hold, and/or waiting hug2.gif

BelovedK

Mama of 2 (15yo DS, 10yo DD). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in Central VA. TTC someone new since November 2008 with 2 m/c (Feb/09 and Jul/09). An avid bellydancer and firedancer, who works part time doing hair, and who is giving her loving energy nowadays more toward her DH than TTC

mi_dawn

lost baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

Milk8shake

26, TTC #1 since 4/09. Battling endo, uterine abnormality and recurrent pregnancy loss. Awaiting results before taking the next step, whatever that may be...

dust.gif BSL BFPs!!! Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick... dust.gif

slylives - due 6/2011

Tear78 - due 8/4/2011

Maurine - due 8/2/2011

CLH_X3 - due 7/13/11

kalamos23

xtara2003x - due 5/5/10

jenniferadurham - Due 4/2011

nanette56 - Due 4/2011 with twins!

babygrey - Due 4/2011

grapesbunch

finnegansmom - Due 2/11

barefootgirl - Due 12/10

rachwms - Due 11/10

joy.gif BSL BABIES joy.gif

jessica_s - Asher Kingston 1/20/11 

QBear'sMama - Jack Everett 12/17/10!

kellyttc#1 - Hilary & Charlotte 11/11/10!

YummyYumYumMama - Kieran 10/27/10!

lyndzies - Cadence James 10/15/10!

Carlyle - Maggie 10/9/10!

aidanraynesmom - Sloan Phoenix 9/10!

MaerynPearl - Maeryn Jean 9/27/10!

colorbywords - Emery Oaklynn 8/03/10!

LZP - Anna Veronica 7/18/10!

Pinoikoi - Ursula Marisol 6/23/10!

Lisko15 - Caleb Benjamin 6/24/10!

LINK to our graduates thread - New Year 2011 Edition!

Please let the threadkeeper know if your info needs to be updated.

New ladies are always welcome, but please join with care.

#2 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Please let me know if I need to change anything or if anything's not in the right place.

I was going to try to think of a funky title...  but I just don't have the mental energy right now (holiday brain?).  Plus I kinda don't think any of us are really "Jolly January"-ish....  are we? eyesroll.gif

#3 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 03:32 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not much jolly going on here.

Thanks for the new thread, music.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#4 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 03:58 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Music.

(I didn't catch up on the old thread, I'm sorry - but you ladies are ALWAYS in my thoughts and hopes)

CD1 today. bawling.gif

HSG, here I come. I have to schedule it tomorrow. I am going to avoid sugar and flour this month, as it is potentially my last 'natural' cycle. And it marks 18 cycles. :cry
(Nope, no jolly here - I cried at the gym yet again.)

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#5 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 03:58 PM

Music - Thanks for starting the new thread! Could I have my information changed to TTC for two years with four miscarriages? Let's get some good conversations going, Ladies!

#6 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 PM

Hey music, I looked at my info, and wonder if you could change something. I also had a m/c in July 09 (that somehow got missed)

Whatever will be, already is...

#7 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 PM

Hi Beloved! Sorry you had such a crazy day; that's some scary situation (the threatening guy, that is).  Let's hope you're just using up your bad-luck quota early on in the year....

Jenger- Good luck tomorrow!  Here's to nice, clear tubes for you and a BFP this month. I have my fingers crossed.

AFM - I got AF on Friday! Normally of course this is crummy news, but for me this is the first AF post-miscarriage, and it only took until Day 35 to arrive.  Usually my post-miscarriage AFs take at least 42 days. I'm pretty happy about this. Maybe my body is just getting more efficient at this miscarriage thing. I mean, there has to be an upside, right?

#8 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 05:44 PM
rcr

I was just looking at the first post. Damn, there sure are a lot of bsls in the ttc list and few successes. Ugh. I want off this list so bad. I want us all off this list and on to the graduates thread.
Nanette56 likes this.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#9 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, not much jolly here either.  eyesroll.gif  My DS woke up this morning, and the first thing he said to me was "Good morning mum!  Will you be pregnant in 3 days?"

Maybe I can fool myself into believing he knows something I don't...  even though I'm not even due to O until the weekend...  shrug.gif

jenger:  hug2.gif

collieflower and Beloved - I've fixed your info...  could you double check it for me please?  Thanks blowkiss.gif

rcr:  I know what you mean.  Maybe we should toast to a New Year with New Fertility?  tomato.gif

#10 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Thank you for the new thread, Music!!

Jenger, sorry about CD1. 

I think about as positive as I can be is "On the Road to Baby"

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#11 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Music. No jolly here either.

Sorry about AF, jenger.

I need chocolate.

A and M, June 2012
#12 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 PM

Music, I had 2 m/c, tthe 7/09 one is correct. I am blanking on the other one, so it's ok.

#13 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Beloved, I tweaked it a little - let me know when you remember. xx

#14 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Thanks Music. Looks good!

#15 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 PM

music, it was Feb 2009.

#16 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Beloved - done.  smile.gif 

#17 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 PM

Hi Music! We have some updates on a couple of babies born in recent months over on the BSL Graduates/Stalker thread. We're pretty slow :( I'm hoping for a new year with this list shrinking and the other list growing. I hope everyone able to find peace and a BFP or child this year!

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#18 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 PM

hi...as much as i hate this, can i be added to this?

we've been trying 11 months now. one loss @ 10.5 weeks 9/2010. it actually was a blighted ovum. since the mc NOTHING has been normal. in fact, i don't think i've ovulated at all since the mc so time is just slipping away, month after month. And EVERYONE around me is pregnant. Seriously. Everyone.

i'll be 31 in 3 weeks and DH is 34...i feel like time is running short!

DW married to DH expecting first baby in April 2012!

#19 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks jessica_s!!  I think I've found most of them! love.gif

Welcome amo4piano - I've added you (could you double check for me please?)  Hopefully you won't need to be here long.  hug2.gif

#20 of 433 Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 PM

Music - could you please add me on the big list at the top of the thread? It could say something like "Lilmom - 35, ttc #2 for a year and a half with pcos and rarely ovulating" I joined on the Dec thread last night..Also, your letter from your son absolutely broke my heart!!!!!!! Luckily, DS only asked for a train and a ride on a giant panda this year! LOL. Didn't manage the panda.

Beloved - just wanted to tell you that I actually had an ovarian cyst removed when I was 15 and if you have one that is serious enough to cause delayed ovulation/af, you would be in serious pain. It was really, terribly painful. When I finally went to the hospital, I thought I had appendicitis. So, I'm still holding out some hope for you that your test was wrong.

jenger - good luck with the HSG!

rcr and LTB - thank you for the lovely welcome to the group! LTB, I could say exactly what you said about when you conceived DD. When I got pregnant with DS, I was 4 yrs younger, 25 lbs lighter, in better shape, and eating worse! I have wondered about hypothyroidism before for myself but when tested I always test normally. So, I'm not sure. I do know I have some blood sugar issues and I had gestational diabetes with DS. So, a few months back I cut out dairy and sugar just to see if it would help. But no. I didn't lose any weight or feel any better, honestly! So, I ended up slowly adding them back in. I still try to keep my sugar intake pretty low. Anyway, I really understand about feeling like nothing would help with the weight.

Welcome, Amo4piano! And sorry about the lack of ovulating since m/c. I hate not ovulating..even though for me there is a different cause..but it's so frustrating when you don't even have a chance at getting pregnant! I hope your body gets back with the program soon!

Collieflower - yay for a shorter time to get to AF this time around. What a wonderful way of thinking! That's how you're gonna get a baby one of these days!

Sorry if I'm forgetting anybody right now..I will get better at this as time goes on I'm sure..I just hope none of us have to be here much longer..but I'm so glad to have some support even though I hate it for everybody that's here. Come on New Year Fertility!

#21 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

lilmom - you're added smile.gif

#22 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 05:38 AM

Beloved, still holding out hope for you. 

lilmomwave.gif

rcr, sorry you had to see that thread. I was never "so over" being pregnant (our son came 2 weeks early), though I think I complained a few times (had morning sickness past the 2nd trimester still). Won't be complaining this time, though. Bring on the morning sickness if I can just be pregnant!

music, hope you're not near that flooding in Australia? They're saying it covers an area the size of France and Germany combined.

Hugs to everyone else. I was away for a few days for what turned out to be a very stressful holiday, and now I'm swamped with work. Worked 11 hours just this weekend. My husband has taken a few days off for the holidays, so that has helped me catch up. I'm a full-time SAHM to a super active toddler and now half-time WAHM and also organizer of a weekly playgroup, so usually there's little time to catch up at all on anything!

Fertility-wise, I'm feeling really down. 3 months to go before we can get any help.

A question for everyone: Does anyone here have intermittent soreness/mild pain throughout their cycle? It's mostly in my ovaries (every so often a sharp pain, not quite as strong as O pain, and other times a sore ache), but also maybe around the uterus sometimes. It's not really bad, though I'm wondering if there's something weird going on in there because it doesn't seem to be tied to just one time in my cycle.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#23 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 AM

A question for everyone: Does anyone here have intermittent soreness/mild pain throughout their cycle? It's mostly in my ovaries (every so often a sharp pain, not quite as strong as O pain, and other times a sore ache), but also maybe around the uterus sometimes. It's not really bad, though I'm wondering if there's something weird going on in there because it doesn't seem to be tied to just one time in my cycle.[/quote]

SweetBee, I have chronic pelvic pain--cramping in the uterus and days and days of ovarian/ovulation pain. I asked the RE about it, and he didn't seem terribly concerned. eyesroll.gif I think that 22 years of constant cramps is odd. He did say sometimes women with endometriosis have that sort of pain, but it tends to get worse at ovulation/start of menses, so I don't know how that fits into your non-cyclical pains. He said if I wanted to find out what was going on it would require lap surgery. (I have had ultrasounds that indicate there are no fibroids or anything.) I guess, long story short, if I were you I would mention it to your health care provider, and see if he or she thinks it's anything to worry about and what your options are.

Welcome, lilmom and amo4piano!

A and M, June 2012
#24 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 AM

Thanks for all of the hugs, ladies.
The sadness of this af caught me off guard... I expected to move on a little faster...
Anyway, I scheduled my HSG for a week from today, on CD9. I hope it does improve my fertility... It will be performed by my RE, so that's good. I am going alone to do it - 2 1/2 hours away...

rcr- I actually have a hard time with the new lay-out, 'cause all these new moms are reviewing the products that I don't get to use... But I feel like I am slightly less prone to seeing annoying thread titles...

Welcome Amo and Lil- I hope you move on quickly.

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#25 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 AM

Welcome to the new ones hug.gif

Hugs to those of you who are sad, or having a hard time:hug

I have read, but don't have time for personals, on my way to my grandpa's viewing, and the burial and service are tomorrow. To top it off, all day long I have been with my 15yo, who had to stay home and go on an emergency dental visit for his wisdom teeth, so life has been at a standstill since I learned of my papa's passing (on new years eve mecry.gif )

I have an appt on Wednesday with my NP to see about the AWOL AF, and my continuing high temps (higher than usual post O) Of course I have stupid hope. It is futile since the test was negative though. I have absolutely no pain, I don't even feel the slight af-like cramps that I had around the time she was due. The DR didn't tell me the numbers, just the negative.

Well, I'd better go now, I hate open caskets, I am going to support my family, but I don't like to remember my loved ones that way, I know it means alot to some of them though.

In the past, well both times, I was pregnant, there was a big death in the family. Birth and death, it's all I can think of.

greensad.gif

#26 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 11:23 AM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post

Thanks for all of the hugs, ladies.
The sadness of this af caught me off guard... I expected to move on a little faster...
Anyway, I scheduled my HSG for a week from today, on CD9. I hope it does improve my fertility... It will be performed by my RE, so that's good. I am going alone to do it - 2 1/2 hours away...

I went alone to my hsg, also 2 1/2 hours away. It was no big deal going alone. The really ouchy cramping part (which for me hurt a lot more than I was expecting) was over in a few seconds. After that part, it was as if nothing happened, so I was fine to drive home alone.

Sorry about af. I kinda don't say that anymore, because I was saying it so damn frequently for a while.

AFM- RE appointment tomorrow. They are supposed to call and check my benefits, which I have been waiting for months for. I am on pins and needles to see if IVF is covered under our new insurance.

#27 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

music, hope you're not near that flooding in Australia? They're saying it covers an area the size of France and Germany combined.

Oh my goodness, is it international news? bigeyes.gif My mum asked me about it yesterday (she lives in near Chicago), but I expect her to be checking up on us... lol

Nope, we're not (we're down the bottom end of the country) - but all our family is!  I spent 10 years in Central Queensland (where I met DH and had DS) - so all DH's family is up there.  They had a big flood in 1991 - apparently this one is higher than that already, it's headed higher than the 1954 flood and towards the 1918 megaflood.  So far all our family and friends seem to have had the sense to live in higher ground, thankfully.

We actually now live in one of the major bush fire belts...  and it's the season for it now - but we're having a bizarrely cold summer this year, so all is good on that front too.  If it's not one thing over here - it's another!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

Welcome to the new ones hug.gif

Hugs to those of you who are sad, or having a hard time:hug

I have read, but don't have time for personals, on my way to my grandpa's viewing, and the burial and service are tomorrow. To top it off, all day long I have been with my 15yo, who had to stay home and go on an emergency dental visit for his wisdom teeth, so life has been at a standstill since I learned of my papa's passing (on new years eve mecry.gif )

I have an appt on Wednesday with my NP to see about the AWOL AF, and my continuing high temps (higher than usual post O) Of course I have stupid hope. It is futile since the test was negative though. I have absolutely no pain, I don't even feel the slight af-like cramps that I had around the time she was due. The DR didn't tell me the numbers, just the negative.

Well, I'd better go now, I hate open caskets, I am going to support my family, but I don't like to remember my loved ones that way, I know it means alot to some of them though.

In the past, well both times, I was pregnant, there was a big death in the family. Birth and death, it's all I can think of.

greensad.gif

Oh Beloved hug2.gifI lost my g'ma 3 days after I found out I was pg with DS too - isn't is strange how life works?  Sending you strength from across the sea. 

#28 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

Well, I have some good news (not that good, don't stop reading!). Dh got his SA results today... and they were great! In fact, on the lab printout, they even circled the morphology part and wrote "excellent fertility"! I'm so glad that we're not going to be dealing with MFI on top of my issues. I told dh before that if he had fertility problems, too, that was it, I was giving up on bio kids.

Also, after waiting and waiting to get an email from them, I finally called the RE and I have an appointment for 2 weeks from today. I'm hoping he'll have more to say than, "Get an HSG," though I'm okay with getting one.

Other than that, I am really, really dreading going back to work tomorrow. It was so nice not having the stress over the holidays. Bleh.

Music - could you update my blurb on the thread to say, "26, TTC #1 w/ PCOS since 6/2010, anovulatory the whole time. SA results good, RE appointment 1/17"

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#29 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Music - could you update my blurb on the thread to say, "26, TTC #1 w/ PCOS since 6/2010, anovulatory the whole time. SA results good, RE appointment 1/17"

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Done! smile.gif  And yay for great baby batter!!!  joy.gif

#30 of 433 Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM

Does anyone else have trouble with e-mail notifications? I'm signed up to get them instantly, and I usually do, then all of a sudden I won't get them anymore. So I'll think the list is quiet. When it wasn't quiet at all. I'll have to go back and read in December. I missed somethings apparently.

Sorry no personals. But I won't bore you with any AFM, either.

grouphug.gif

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page