January 30-Something Mamas TTC #2 or more - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 01-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Travisanna, I had to look up the abbreviations so I knew right where to find them all for you.  http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/abbreviations-and-acronyms

Thank you everybody for the friendly welcome. I haven't told people yet that we want another baby so I especially need the warmth!

Today was supposed to be CD1. If I don't start tomorrow I'm going to test. I have weird feelings about maybe having become pregnant unintentionally, even though it would have been just days before we decided to TTC. I'm a little nervous!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 01-16-2011, 01:44 AM

Hi ladies...  nothing exciting to report - just had to check in because the thread was getting way too low on my subs list and I nearly lost it....  lol.gif

5dpo...  booooooooring.

#33 of 47 Old 01-16-2011, 04:59 PM

cd1...looking forward to trying!

#34 of 47 Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM

Well just touching base... CD21 7DPO...Still waiting but wanting to POAS sooooo Bad. My breasts are really tender as well. Haven't had that in a while.

Temping has been difficult the last 2 nights as my DS has been sick. Fever, vomit, etc...He is getting better but I am not getting any sleep. Ugh!

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#35 of 47 Old 01-17-2011, 02:31 PM

mindfulmomma - we're cycle buddies!!  I'm 7dpo too (cd23).  

Pretty boring over here though....  except my temps are oddly stable (but climbing slowly) compared to the last 2 cycles.  I was happy with that yesterday - today I think it's weird,

#36 of 47 Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Travisanna! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, we're all sick here, so I haven't been feeling up to computer time much lately.  Anyways, you and I are cycle buddies, too!  I'm on cd6 now.

Tomorrow I go in for my saline sonohystogram, which I am a little nervous about, and also sorta excited to see what my uterus really looks like, and what's going on.  It's what made me feel better about getting af thsi time around, I get to talk to my doc and see where we go from here.  Also, I called my insurance company and asked about homebirths.  The girl had to check with her supervisor because no one had ever asked her about it before ;) but they reimburse 100% of the prenatal, birth, and postnatal care costs, and 85% after our deductible if I was to get an ultrasound, gbs test, etc. So that's awesome!

Crossing my fingers for mindfulmomma and musicololic!!  Hope this is the month you guys get bfps!!

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#37 of 47 Old 01-19-2011, 12:04 PM

Thanks marmo. love.gif Even though I'm pretty sure I'm not...  my temp is being weird compared to my other cycles ("rocky mountain" seems normal for me - and this month...  well, it's just not.  Odd.)

Anyway, off to the gym to get my mind off it.  orngbiggrin.gif

ETA:  Back from gym...  my tummy hurts now - but I didn't do crunches today.  WTH?

#38 of 47 Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM

I would like to join! I am 31 (will be 32 in March). I just posted this intro on the nursing thread too...

Hello mamas! My name is Natalee and I am brand new around here. I have 2 daughters (5 and 2) and am TTC #3. I am still nursing my 2 y/o (actually 28 month old) at least 3x a day...although if you left it up to her it would probably be 10x a day. As of Sept of 2010 I had still not gotten my first PPAF but instead had become pg. Def a shocker! Sadly the pg ended in m/c in the beginning of Dec. I have no idea how far along the baby had gotten b/c I never had an u/s. I proceeded to finally get my 1st PPAF on Jan 2 and believe I am now in the 2ww period. I may have ovulated on Monday (1/17) b/c I had LOTS of what I believe was mittelschmerz pain and definite nipple pain (which is still going on right now...the nipple pain, that is.) Not sure if I ever had very fertile CM, or if I did it was not in abundance b/c I did not notice it. Also OPK tests I took never showed a definitive dark line but had plenty of clearly visible lines. Is it possible I didn't even O? If I did I was really hoping to pinpoint the exact O date b/c with the last pregnancy it was driving me bonkers that I didn't have a LMP or anything to go by. All I had was the 2 days we BD and the neg/positive pg test dates.

So now I wait...lurk.gif

So sorry to hear about the recent losses. {{{HUGS}}}

Hope to be around to see lots more BFP! GL to you all!

#39 of 47 Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 PM

Ellymaymomma - So sorry for your loss! I felt the same way about "it is too good to be true". I avoided telling my family at my DD's birthday, Thanksgiving and every other family dinner in-between. They actually still don't know about the pregnancy or loss. For both my DDs I waited until the 12 week mark to share the news and so it was not out of the ordinary for me to keep it to myself, but I was especially tight-lipped with this one. I just felt like I needed to be. After having sharp pain and bleeding at 6 weeks I was mentally prepared for the worst early on. But then my levels were checked and continued to rise and the bleeding episode was just an unknown. All the while I felt slightly lighter pregnancy symptoms than I had with my DDs and figured it may just be a boy this time. And my clothes were {generally} still fitting me when in the past I would have outgrown my normal jeans forever ago. All these signs should have sent me to get an u/s to have everything checked out but I am not a big fan of u/s so I didn't. The final sign was the inability to find a h/b (with a doppler) at almost 12 weeks. I had heard both my DDs h/b at around 11 weeks so this was def not normal for me. I was the same weight and all so there was no real good reason we could not find it. They scheduled me for an u/s early the next morning but I never made it b/c the bleeding started that night. My DH worried that the pap that was done that day might have triggered the loss but I told him that the baby prob stopped growing a while ago and maybe the pap irritated the cervix/uterus enough to realize that it was time to let go. I have read that sex can sometimes cause slight uterine contractions, just enough to "help" the body realize that it needs to release a  baby that is no longer viable and then people think that the sex caused the m/c. But really, who knows if this is the case. All I know is I felt very guilty after the loss thinking about all I may have done to cause it...picking up my 2 y/o too much, rearranging a closet w/lots of bins, not taking my vitamins religiously, eating food (halloween candy) with so many dang preservatives and colors, etc. I know I shouldn't blame myself but it is so very hard not to.

Anyways I hope everything works out for you!

And sorry for the rambling...I haven't talked to many people about this and I guess I needed to talk it out. I realize this may have not been the appropriate place for a long drawn out story so I appreciate you all listening!

#40 of 47 Old 01-21-2011, 09:25 PM

flamomma2mygirls - have you checked out the Pregnancy Loss forum here?  I have lurked at mothering for a while and only recently found it.  You are welcome to talk about it all you want or need there.

Psalm 139     Married 18 years to my love, momma to DD 16, brokenheart.gif 1998, DS 10, DS 7, brokenheart.gif 1/2011
Praying for Peace over our loss.
#41 of 47 Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM

ZinniaGarden: Thanks mama! I'll check it out. :)

Natalee

#42 of 47 Old 01-22-2011, 12:37 PM

I came here to post some pretty light stuff, but didn't feel like I could continue until I address something I've seen here.

Flamama, you touched on something that has always been troublesome for me, about blaming myself. There's this awful feeling that I just don't want it enough, don't deserve it, or that if I could pinpoint some thing I did to blame everything on...but that's just not helpful at all. I just can't start letting my thoughts go that way. I'm imagining putting each of those toxic thoughts into bubbles and letting them float away.

Now for the light stuff.

I have a necklace a dear friend gave me, it's from Brazil, it's a little fist that is a fertility symbol and also means "good luck". I wore it a lot when TTC my daughter 4 yrs ago. I'm going to start wearing it again. Do you have anything like that?

And, is it silly to start preparing for a new baby? I haven't been able to stop myself. So far I've been scrutinizing my health insurance coverage, studying the websites of local hospitals, birth centers, midwives, I looked at all the maternity clothes at Old Navy, I picked out an awesome new car seat...I'm even embarrassed to admit I've started putting together a baby registry. Is this ok? Am I setting myself up for disappointment? Have I gone nuts?

#43 of 47 Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 PM

Averlee - I totally get what you are saying and I agree that it is def not helpful to harbor those thoughts. I think it just takes time to come to terms with what happened and then those thoughts will lessen. But I will def try your imagery idea! Thanks!

And no I don't think it is crazy to begin looking around at things now. There is nothing wrong about getting your ducks in a row. :)

#44 of 47 Old 01-23-2011, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

welcome flamama!  Thank you for sharing with us about your loss, too.  I'm so sorry, to all mamas who've been through this.  hug2.gif

I wanted to let everyone know that I will keep up with the thread through the end of January, but am hoping someone can take over for February.  I have decided to take a break from ttc, thinking about ttc, reading about ttc, etc, for at least a month.  I wanna focus on my family and my over all health more, and am obsessing over ttc.  I just don't think it's going to happen while nursing.  At least as much as dd needs to nurse right now.  I now understand why people need to take a break from this!  Thanks everyone for your support of me, and of everyone in here.  It's so nice to have a safe place to come to for support and understanding!

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#45 of 47 Old 01-23-2011, 09:56 PM

Well a new cycle for me...CD1 on time and that is great and all but I really do not like it as well. I had a 12 day leutal phase which is better but I wish it was longer. I am getting ready to start talkng to other Dr.'s. The one I have is just not clicking with me. THe one big concern I have is that when I asked about checking my progesterone due to my short Leutal Phases he just dismissed me saying that Progesterone was not really a good indicator b/c it fluctuates throughout the cycle. Okay so now I learn that if you check around 7DPO you can know if you actually ovulated and if you did, do you have a enough Prog. to maintain a pregnancy. That is a big thing for me. Especially if they are wanting to move onto IUI with me.  Why move onto something so very $$$ when or if some Progesterone supplementation could help or work? Ugh!

From those who are more knowledgeable than I what is your experience with Progesterone?

Hoping everyone is doing okay.

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#46 of 47 Old 01-31-2011, 06:10 PM

Last day of January...looks like you'll be seeing me on the February thread too.

Today is CD 15. I usually ovulate on day 14 in the afternoon, but I don't think I did yesterday. I don't do OPKs and I don't take my temp, usually I can tell what's going on by my discharge. As far as I can tell nothing is going on at all.

But I had a dream about a sweet fat baby, and in the dream, this baby was mine and her name was Mable May.

#47 of 47 Old 02-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Well I thought I was pregnant this week after a BFP on Tuesday, but now AF showed her ugly face 2 days late and had a BFN today, so I'm in day one of my new cycle.  Hoping for a sticky baby this month. I don't chart temps, so I'm hoping I can just TTC every other day during my ovulation window. Anyone else not do temp charting?  This is only our 2nd month of TTC so we will see what Feb brings us.  Good luck to all the other 30+ TTC this month.

novaxnocirc.gif mama to my 2 yo wild man and my beautiful 11 yo DD.  Married to the best DH ever since October 2010!!! angel.gif 5/2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page