skeemama

snadaska
spughy
sweet tea

Travisanna

TTCmama
Tulpen88 (Callie)

zannemom

P.S. New members are welcome! Just post and say hello! Please try to join the group early in your cycle (pre-O) so that we can get to know you and cheer you on during the 2ww! thumb.gif
P.P.S. If you used to post here and don't see your name on the list, it's because you didn't post in the last month. just let me know if you want to be added back to the list.

Our success stories! jumpers.gif

January

Coming Soon!

joy.gifDecemberjoy.gif

mum2sarah

tjjazzy

Novemberjoy.gif
Sweet Tea, Myorianna
Octoberjoy.gif
heavensearth
September joy.gif
mija y mijo, slinkyfish
August joy.gif
CarolinaKel, mclisa (Michelle), jr'smom

Please check out the sticky at the top of the TTC forum for a very helpful list of abbreviations!thumb.gif

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 47 Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I'd like to join in this thread as I get ready to TTC #2. innocent.gif I'm Marina, I'm 33 and DS is 2 days short of 1. It took me 2.5 years of not preventing and active TTC to get DS earthside. I have hypothyroidism (it's being corrected though) and DH has borderline low count and motility. Currently I'm sort of avoiding and charting my fertility signs since AF returned (although I haven't started temping again). I'd like to get a BFP second half of this year, but if the choice is between siblings closer together or not at all I choose the first option, and whatever may be may be. I'm hopeful though because my cycles have been really regular with lots of EWCM since AF came back. fingersx.gif

sleepytime.gif
#3 of 47 Old 01-03-2011, 01:23 AM

Thanks for the new thread marmo  blowkiss.gif

Welcome Marina wave.gif

CD8 here, so nothing to report...  the most excitement I'm having at the moment is trying to decide whether or not to discard my CD6 temp because it's completely out of the norm.  lol.gif

#4 of 47 Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM

Hi ladies! After taking some time off from TTC, I'm back. My cycle has been incredibly weird this cycle. I posted another thread about it, but here is what's going on:

I stopped temping a couple of months ago. I needed a break and it was making me a bit crazy. I sort of new when I'd be Oing, so just kept it in mind. My last cycle started Nov 13. I was supposed to get AF Dec 13, but didn't. I got BFNs for 2 weeks. I tested again on Dec 31, and BFN. Before I went to bed after NYE, I went to the bathroom and my underwear had blood on them (not just spotting, but enough that I have to soak them). I thought that AF was finally here, so I put on a pad. The next morning, I wake up, and nothing! No AF until now. Still no AF. This is VERY unusual for me.

I decided to take a FRER test yesterday and thought I saw a line, but wasn't sure. Took another today, and same thing. Oh I also started temping again on Jan 1. My temps have been going up.

So, what do you think? Was that implantation? What would be going on with my cycle?

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#5 of 47 Old 01-04-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Marina, and happy new year to everyone!!

Musicoholic- I tried to chart this month again, but once again gave up, because dd is just up at different times.  my temps were all over the place.  Maybe I will try again next month. 

and Emma!  It sounds like a bfp to me!!  dust.giffor a sticky little bean!!!  What a fantastic way to start the year, huh?

I am in the 2ww, but am not sure when I o'ed.  Which is good, because it sorta forces me to wait to poas.  I am really really going to try to wait until after af is late.  We'll see.  I know I am probably going to regret saying this, but I feel good about this cycle. 

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#6 of 47 Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 PM

Thank you for the welcome ladies! Hoping for lots of BFPs for everyone in 2011. goodvibes.gif
Emma - it sounds BFPish to me as well. I think strange bits of blood are not unusual early in pregnancy - implantation is one reason. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM - AF is just ending. This is my 3rd? cycle PP. I haven't been temping but am tracking CM and CP and the signs seem pretty unambiguous. My PP AFs have been a lot less painful than before DS. Yay! I used to spend a day doubled up in bed and now I barely notice. joy.gif Next cycle I'm still going to TTA but it's so tempting to BD when the EW shows up (and of course the hormones make me horny orngtongue.gif )
DS is 1 today - I can't believe I have a 1 year old. We're firmly on the road to extended BF (DS gets 80% of his nutrition from BF) and I'm worried about cutting our relationship short with pregnancy. I do miss having a little squishy newborn though.
Ok, gotta go declutter my house. orngbiggrin.gif

sleepytime.gif
#7 of 47 Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Happy New Year ladies!

I got my first AF post miscarriage and am on CD 3. We are not trying this month, but I decided to start charting again. Im getting some other health issues addressed and want to do a fertility cleanse this month as well. I tell ya between the M/C and this AF which is SOOOOOOOO heavy (I guess from being post MC), I am so frikin tired of bleeding AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (sorry rant over!)

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#8 of 47 Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Happy New Year ladies!

I got my first AF post miscarriage and am on CD 3. We are not trying this month, but I decided to start charting again. Im getting some other health issues addressed and want to do a fertility cleanse this month as well. I tell ya between the M/C and this AF which is SOOOOOOOO heavy (I guess from being post MC), I am so frikin tired of bleeding AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (sorry rant over!)

Hugs. That first one after a MC is the pits.

I would caution on doing a fertility cleanse right now. Winter along with Summer is a restorative time. Your body is trying to heal/replenish itself. The best time for doing any kind of cleanse is in the Fall and Spring. If you want to say make sure to flush out and clear out gently, try drinking 2-3 cups of Red Rasberry leaf tea a day along with some Nettle leaf tea. These are restorative herbs for the female system.  Just my $0.02

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#9 of 47 Old 01-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Hi all. My name is Gretchen ad I am on CD10. Feeling that OV is right ahead. I am going full tilt this cycle with using saliva ferning, Ovultion test strips, and my temping. I am combining all of this with Accupincture and SOT Chiropractic care.

Fingers crossed for everyone this cycle and hoping we get a few BFP's

Abrazos

Aspiring Doula/helper of women and families, SAHM to a joy of a little man while TTC #2   makebabe.gif
#10 of 47 Old 01-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Well here's my update...I don't really have one. Still getting weird results. I'm thinking they're BFN, but am going to the OB tomorrow to check and see what is going with my cycle.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#11 of 47 Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Can I join in?  Yesterday after reading a few threads and feeling rather bold, I removed my paragard IUD.  My husband is leaving for deployment next month and it just felt like the right thing to do.  I’ve had it since soon after DD was born (01/08) so I  haven’t been keeping good track of my cycles.  In assuming a 32 day cycle (which is what I had when TTC #2) and that nothing was changed with the IUD, the fun we had before the kids woke up this morning may have been more productive than normal!  If not, we’ve got one more cycle before he leaves to give it a shot.  

Off to read though the thread and get familiar with everyone!

#12 of 47 Old 01-07-2011, 12:02 PM

Can I join this thread?  I'll be 35 in March, have a 3 yr old boy and DH and I have just decided to ttc #2. 

Wife to Rich~ 8/16/03 Mom to Nathan~ 9/30/07

#13 of 47 Old 01-08-2011, 08:53 AM

#14 of 47 Old 01-08-2011, 11:30 AM

#15 of 47 Old 01-09-2011, 06:21 AM

CD13 right now. Got a LH surge last night after POAS. Happy that I am seeing this although my ferning is funny and frustrating. Crossing my fingers for this cycle. A September baby would be so sweet

#16 of 47 Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM

hi all,

CD14 here . hoping this is the month! best of luck to all

#17 of 47 Old 01-09-2011, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Mindfulmomma, amberbella, and mamajamie!  Sorry I it took me a minute to update, dd has been a little under the weather, which means she hasn't been sleeping, which means I am a zombie.

Getting excited to hear that some of us got bfps!  Good luck, everyone! 

#18 of 47 Old 01-10-2011, 05:36 AM

Hi all- CD 14 Temp drop and then spike today. That along with a positive OPK sticks day before yesterday...I have ovulated and am in the 2ww. Finger seriously crossed for this one to shake and bake. I will wait to test until at least 16 DPO.

I wish I knew how to link my chart to this post. I use TCOYF and I left their site b/c it was just a mess after they did a big format change over

#19 of 47 Old 01-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

yep....however I feel doing this cleanse now vs nothing at all is the way to go. My ND looked over all the ingredients and advised me to do it. I don't have the luxery of waiting until the spring to TTC again, but thanks for the feedback :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulmomma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Happy New Year ladies!

Hugs. That first one after a MC is the pits.

I would caution on doing a fertility cleanse right now. Winter along with Summer is a restorative time. Your body is trying to heal/replenish itself. The best time for doing any kind of cleanse is in the Fall and Spring. If you want to say make sure to flush out and clear out gently, try drinking 2-3 cups of Red Rasberry leaf tea a day along with some Nettle leaf tea. These are restorative herbs for the female system.  Just my $0.02

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#20 of 47 Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Well, af isn't here quite yet, but will be in a couple days.  Pretty sure this month was a bust, too.  Took a frer and nada.  In fact, there's a negative line.  Like where the line would be, it's actually lighter than the on the rest of the result window wink1.gif.  I think on next cd1 I am calling to set up a saline shg and see if there's anything to see inside, and talk to the dr about what else we can start to look at.  it will be cycle 10 for us.  Is that being too worried?  I feel like we're missing something, and I wanna fix it.  good luck to everyone!!

#21 of 47 Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Hi, I hope it would be ok for me to join you. I would really appreciate the support.

My only daughter is about 3 and a half. I didn't expect that I'd ever want another child. I haven't had a good night sleep in forever, I just got back into my pre-pregnancy pants, I'm not always a great mother to the one kid I've got. I guess I've lost my mind- I'm going to try for another one!

We just missed our window for this cycle, so we'll have to wait about 3 weeks for our first try. 

So, my very best wishes that we'll ALL have babies by Halloween!

#22 of 47 Old 01-13-2011, 06:18 PM

It has been a while since I posted here. Hello to all the new faces as well as the ones I recognize. I have not read all the posts here and will get to it as time allows. I was blessed with a bfp in October. I was nervous and hesitant about sharing the news, believing it just too good to be true. It was. We found out at 10 weeks 3 days that there was no heartbeat, baby measured 8 weeks. I have just gone through a natural miscarriage this past week (12 weeks), physical recovery seems slow, has been painful. So very sad.

DH and I have decided to try one more time. Either way, if I get pg again, I will have a my tubes tied when the pg is over. Will wait until after first AF and then start trying. I am going to have my doctor re check my thyroid before we try. A year ago my family doc said it was normal but I want to make sure that was not an issue as thyroid problems run heavy in my family.

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
#23 of 47 Old 01-13-2011, 06:25 PM

Hugs to those of you who have also been though miscarriages, especially recently.  I had one 12 years ago and have always said it was the hardest thing I have ever done.  Going through it a second time was not any better.  I am sorry for your losses.  

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
#24 of 47 Old 01-14-2011, 01:17 PM

I'd like to join. I'm 31 and I am trying for #2. I got pregnant last month, but had a m/c this week. So now I'm back to the drawing board. I haven't had any problem figuring out when I am ovulating in the past, but I have no idea what to expect after a m/c. I just ordered a bunch of OPKs, so hopefully that will help. 

SAHM to DS (11/09) with a little girl coming in October stork-girl.gif familybed1.gif

#25 of 47 Old 01-14-2011, 01:47 PM

Can I join too?  I'm 34, and DH and I have been TTC for just over a year.  #1 was so easy that it's been really frustrating.   I started charting my ovulation cycle religously 7 months ago, and AF still comes every month pretty much on clockwork.  Sigh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though that this is my lucky month! 

#26 of 47 Old 01-14-2011, 03:40 PM

averlee- Welcome. Good luck next cycle TTC.

EllyMayMomma- So sorry for your loss. Hoping the Thyroid check goes well and that you will soon have a sticky BFP.

AFM- CD18 4DPO. Still keeping my fingers crossed that this cycle is the one. One issue that has reappeared is that of recurrent BV infections. This only happens when DH and I are actively TTC. TMI Warning...My DH never ejaculates in me unless we are trying to get pregnant. We don't use condoms as I am allergic to parabens, so he just pulls out. I went in today to my GP to get a wet pap done to see if it was BV and sure enough it is. I do not want to use the Metrogel script he gave me so I am going to try a remedy I found. Fingers crossed that this works.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

#27 of 47 Old 01-14-2011, 04:56 PM

OK.

I am ready.

Add me please!

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

#28 of 47 Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

EllyMayMomma- I'm so sorry for your loss.  hug2.gif I am also sending healthy, sticky bean conceiving vibes your way.

miami mommy, I am sorry for your loss as well, though I hope you find some support here.

And big welcomes to averlee, miami mommy, zannemom, and skeemama!!!!  Hoping that soon, we're all done using this thread and in ddc's together!

mindfulmomma, I hope your remedy works, and soon.  Is the metrogel something that could possibly interfere with implantation/pregnancy then?  I hope your 2ww flies by.  And that you see a pos.gif at the end!

I am on cd1 again. :(  I made an appt for a saline sonohystogram next week to see if there's any scarring from my c/s preventing implantation.  Dh gets to provide a sample soon, too.  I'm bummed about not getting a bfp AGAIN, but focusing on moving forward to see what might be our issue and how we can solve it in the least invasive way.  We've nightweaned dd, and I have cut back a little during the day, but it hasn't seemed to do a whole lot, and my initial prolactin/progesterone test came back normal, as did my thyroid test.  I am not willing to cut back on nursing anymore, nor wean her. Myy cycles seem normal so we'll see.  Hoping for some answers, actions, and results!

Good luck everyone!

#29 of 47 Old 01-15-2011, 01:08 AM

hello all. i'm travis, 37 yo mama to E, who is 7 yo DS. i've removed an IUD 14 months ago and have been ttc off and on for the past 14 months. i've been pregnant once in that time and had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. feeling low today as i really tried to conceive last cycle and just started AF yesterday. can someone please point me to the sticky that explains all the abbreviations? i can't seem to find it and i'm feeling a bit lost with some of the terminology. thanks!

#30 of 47 Old 01-15-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmo View Post

EllyMayMomma- I'm so sorry for your loss.  hug2.gif I am also sending healthy, sticky bean conceiving vibes your way.

miami mommy, I am sorry for your loss as well, though I hope you find some support here.

And big welcomes to averlee, miami mommy, zannemom, and skeemama!!!!  Hoping that soon, we're all done using this thread and in ddc's together!

mindfulmomma, I hope your remedy works, and soon.  Is the metrogel something that could possibly interfere with implantation/pregnancy then?  I hope your 2ww flies by.  And that you see a pos.gif at the end!

I am on cd1 again. :(  I made an appt for a saline sonohystogram next week to see if there's any scarring from my c/s preventing implantation.  Dh gets to provide a sample soon, too.  I'm bummed about not getting a bfp AGAIN, but focusing on moving forward to see what might be our issue and how we can solve it in the least invasive way.  We've nightweaned dd, and I have cut back a little during the day, but it hasn't seemed to do a whole lot, and my initial prolactin/progesterone test came back normal, as did my thyroid test.  I am not willing to cut back on nursing anymore, nor wean her. Myy cycles seem normal so we'll see.  Hoping for some answers, actions, and results!

Good luck everyone!

The metrogel wont as far as they know, but it will make my Yoni(vagina) very tender and sore. It would cut out trying for the next cycle all together. Flagyl is a definite No, No, while actively TTC as it can abort a pregnancy. I am soaking a tampon in hydrogen peroxide and inserting it for about an hour. then waiting many hours and doing it again. I am not douching with it as I dont want to push any bacteria further up. I have to say that after the first round last night I had a trace of the smell. Then this morning I did it again and it is totally gone. My infection was very early on, just a smell w/o any discharge. I will see if this holds out. It would be nice not to have to go to the doctor everytime I have one of these. Lord knows I have been to the Dr. enogh while TTC#2.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page