I want to TTC, but I am worried... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok so it takes me forever to get pregnant (3 years w/ number one, almost 2 with number 2) and so I want to start trying now, but I am scared... I think my body might be broken.

I had a wonderful home birth with dd2, standing in the shower with one leg elevated against the side of the tub. It was what my body wanted. About 3 weeks after dd2 was born I had extream pain in my lower abdomen. Both my midwife and myself decided that it was an ovarian cyst, but midwife suggested that I go get an untrasound just to make sure everything was ok. I don't have health insurance and we couldn't justify the cost at the time so we decided against it. Well since dd2's birth I have been having odd pains in the left side of my pelvis and left leg joint (the leg that was elevated durring birth) If I move a certain way (like doing sit-ups) or rolling over from back to side I get a mass amount of pain that area. The best way to describe it is like my bone is trying to break out of my body.

Now, I know you gals are not doctors. But as mentioned above, we have no health insurance so its not like I can run out for a check-up. And I am not sure how to google that ( :) ) but is pain like that 'normal' I don't want to get preganant and have this massive problem that is going to restrict me to a c/s or cause bigger problems later on..

And yes, I know I need to go to the doctor. But I can't afford health insuarnce that costs more per month then my mortgage or a trip to the doctor that could easily eat up my food budget for 2 months... anyway...

TIA

*love*

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#2 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This comment was edited by Mulvah.

#3 of 3 Old 01-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You know, it's so hard to say. There are so many organs down there, it could be anything. But if it was that bad and resolved on it's own, a cyst is a good bet. Maybe you are getting cysts that are pressing on nerves to the leg that was up? A friend of mine that that and she does some stretches and I guess it makes the muscles more flexible to press against and she doesn't have as much pain. She did need to have a massive cyst removed though. :(

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page