Clomid success stories? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-08-2011, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope it's okay to post this here, but I was hoping to get some Clomid successful stories, and who better to ask than ladies who are pregnant! ;)

Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone who was already ovulating regularly on their own (no PCOS, endometriosis, or other known issues) took Clomid and was able to get PG?  We've been TTCing for 2 years now, and I'm ovulating each month already, so it's just unexplained infertility.  I'm wondering if Clomid is going to help at all, or if it's primarily successful for women who weren't ovulating on their own.  I do hope it will extend my luteal phase (which is pretty short at around 10 days), but since I'm already ovulating, I don't know if Clomid will help us get PG.

Thanks very much, and congrats to you all :D

Loving mommy to DS, born April 2007.  Trying for baby #2 since December 2008. 
#2 of 10 Old 01-08-2011, 02:42 PM

I've had 2 babies thanks to clomid (and IUI).  Unexplained / mild male factor infertility for us, I ovulate just fine but they wanted to increase the likelyhood of one of DH's sluggish sperm finding an egg.  Good luck!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
#3 of 10 Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 PM

I am sitting here holding my 2 week old clomid baby. I ovulate on my own. I was trying to convince my dr that was dealing with my thyroid to send me to a reproductive endocrinologist. (I didn't realize I didn't need a referral) Well he decided to pull hormone levels. One was estradiol. It was the day I ovulated according to my chart. When I got my levels back it was below 50. It should be above 100 if you have a ripe egg. So although I ovulate, I don't ovulate ripe eggs. We used clomid and IUI. Hubby was fine, I'm not sure why they didn't suggest clomid by itself first. I'm hoping my body will reset itself But if not I will try clomid alone. I say go for it. Good luck.
#4 of 10 Old 01-08-2011, 06:09 PM

My BFF conceived twice and has two lovely little ones by using Clomid.  She was indeed ovulating but not conceiving so after around 6-8 months of trying they used Clomid both times and both times they immediately got pregnant!

I worked in Ob/Gyn for a few years and we handed out a lot of Clomid... seems to work well for a lot of different people.  Good luck!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#5 of 10 Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 PM

For short luteal phase they usually recommend progesterone to lengthen it, so maybe an option?

I had two years of IF before DS. We did three rounds of clomid, with supposed O, no luck. Took a long break ( not avoiding) then I saw and RE who did up clomid to 100mg. One round with progesterone and HCG trigger and we had DS!!

For me I think it was the trigger shot that made the difference. I think I was gearing up for O, but the egg wasn't releasing.

This pregnancy however is a our Miracle, Surprise, Oops baby. I'm thinking having DS may have fixed my hormones, or maybe it was going diary free (which I did after DS was born)

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#6 of 10 Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM

My 3yo is a Clomid baby. I was ovulating but I just needed a boost. Worked like a charm!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#7 of 10 Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for sharing your stories!  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high (2 years of TTCing does that to you), but it's encouraging to know that it might help us get PG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotablue View Post

For short luteal phase they usually recommend progesterone to lengthen it, so maybe an option?

For some reason, every doctor I've mentioned luteal phase defect to says they don't really believe it exists, and don't believe progesterone helps.  I'm not really sure how they can say that, especially since there seems to be many doctors who do believe it exists and willingly treat it, but I haven't had luck finding one of those doctors.  I'll see if the Clomid helps extend my luteal phase, and if not, I'll bring it up again.

#8 of 10 Old 01-09-2011, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, looks like this got moved to Trying to Conceive - sorry, I had this in the I'm Pregnant forum as I had hoped to hear from ladies who were already PG ;)  I think I asked a similar question in this forum already, so sorry for the duplication!

#9 of 10 Old 01-09-2011, 07:34 PM

One of my clomid babies will be 17 tomorrow and the other is 14. I ovulated but irregularly so it really helped to regulate my cycles.
#10 of 10 Old 01-13-2011, 03:36 PM

i am nursing my 15 week old clomid twin girlies right now! i ovulated on my own but my progesterone was a bit low at 7.5 (my re wanted it 12 or higher). i was put on 25mg clomid (half the lowest dose) and an hcg trigger shot and the first month i turn up pg with the girls. best of luck to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page