Wonderful, Wishful ~ONE THREAD~ 1.30-2.5 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

nicolian, your chart definitely looks promising! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. :) You can make it till Monday!

TalkToMeNow, sorry to hear that AF showed up! I had started reading and was going to post that I'm right there with you (I'm at 13dpo), but then I saw your post. No AF for me yet, but at least she brings with her another chance and another month.

brichole1214, congrats on building the house! Especially getting a great deal and having your "own" place. :) Waiting for AF can be touch--do you know when to start to expect her? I saw your birth was in December, so I guess you have a little while to wait, right? Not sure exactly how long it takes for her to come back (course, I know if you're BFing then it takes a while).

I'm actually kind of excited--my temp is up again today! (BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b) I did an internet cheapie test this morning, no line (although I'm pretty sure I tried to hallucinate a line for a few minutes--funny how that works). I know 13dpo is still pretty early to test, though. I really had totally given up, but I've been extra hungry the past two days, which is odd for me. I've also had some various cramps/twinges, so my hope is starting to creep back in.

Me (28) and DH (31), TTC since summer 2010. I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.   chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b
Finally got our BFP pos.gif 4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.

#62 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 10:20 AM

We got married almost 5 weeks ago and I changed my last name to his. I still forget all the time and write my old last name. On my new drivers license I started signing it with my old last name. They wouldn't let me re-do it so I had to scribble it out and sign my new last name. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

I'm going from a one-of-a-kind Nicole Stockhoff to a one-in-5000 Nicole Bell. =( I will officially be invisible. Boo. Oh, well. He's worth it. ;-) And our future children will appreciate being at the front of the lunch line and such, I'm sure. LOL

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#63 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicajones View Post

brichole1214, congrats on building the house! Especially getting a great deal and having your "own" place. :) Waiting for AF can be touch--do you know when to start to expect her? I saw your birth was in December, so I guess you have a little while to wait, right? Not sure exactly how long it takes for her to come back (course, I know if you're BFing then it takes a while).

Thank you!!  :)  I"m so excited lol.  AF should be here within the next few weeks i hope lol. I know it's going to be a little bit more delayed than those who don't BF at all because i BF and pumped for the first two or three weeks.  So i'm trying to be patient, but it's so hard because I really can't temp accuratly until I do get her back!!! 

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#64 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Congrats on the new house Brichole! So exciting!

MommyMatsumoto~ Ugh! I hope it's clear what's going on really soon! 

Regarding name-changing, we've got a lot to think about! SO has gone by his step-dad's last name since he was 3 and officially changed it when he was 16. I went back to my maiden name when I split with XH, and the kids still have XH's last name. The kids haven't seen XH for over 2 years, and SO wants to adopt them. The kids have assumed that when SO and I get married, their names will change to his along with mine, and we'll all have the same last name. I've checked with the school, and the kids can start going by his name if they want. It's up to them... they might change their minds before we get there... and I don't know how I'd feel about one of them changing their name and the other not, so it might be easier just to not go there.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#65 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Regarding name-changing, we've got a lot to think about! SO has gone by his step-dad's last name since he was 3 and officially changed it when he was 16. I went back to my maiden name when I split with XH, and the kids still have XH's last name. The kids haven't seen XH for over 2 years, and SO wants to adopt them. The kids have assumed that when SO and I get married, their names will change to his along with mine, and we'll all have the same last name. I've checked with the school, and the kids can start going by his name if they want. It's up to them... they might change their minds before we get there... and I don't know how I'd feel about one of them changing their name and the other not, so it might be easier just to not go there.

THank you and about the name change....here's a story about something kinda like this that happened in my family.

I have a second cousin who got married and had her first daughter in 1983...so that child took her father's name and she kept that name until she was 6 though her mom had divorced her dad by the time she was 2.  Then when her first daughter was 7 she had married another man and had her second daughter with her second husband and her second husband adopted her first child so both girls had the second husband's last name.  Well, her and her second husband got divorced 3 years later and hasn't been in the picture ever since.  Well, she married her current husband who she didn't have any children with but by the time that they got married her oldest was 13 and didn't want to change her name when he wanted to adopt her and the youngest child.  So in turn, the oldest child still has the second husband's last name and the youngest child has the current husband's last name.  Neighter have their given last names anymore and they are perfectly ok with the fact that they don't have the same last name either.  So i guess it's just up to you on how you feel about your children having different last names...and how they feel about having a brother/sister without the same last name.  It works for my cousin and her kids though.  And i hope that that didn't confuse you...just a thought though :)

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#66 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 AM

No BDing for the last 32 days. Really hoping to get things restarted today, O is definitely on the way!

Everybody think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#67 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 12:02 PM

brichole - Congrats on the new house!  I know that's a very exciting thing.  fingersx.gif that AF finds you sometime soon (don't get to say that too often around here). 

Stevi - fingersx.gif fingersx.gif  Fingers, toes, and everything crossed that you get the BDing party started soon!

dust.gifThere are some promising looking charts in this thread!  I'll be stalking to hopefully see some positive results soon.  Baby dust to all!  dust.gif

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#68 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 12:23 PM

TalkToMeNow: hug2.gif

nicolian: I vote for Wait till Monday...but I don't know if I'd be able to...

brichole: Yay for new houses and new starts!

chicajones: crossing fingers for you!

I'm another lady that didn't change her name when I got married.  My husband didn't change his name either.  DS has my last name and his future sibling will have DH's last name.  We figure there's so many people out there with different names than other members of their family, and this felt like a nice 50/50 split.  And a name doesn't make a family.  Yes, I'm sure we'll have explaining to do (we already do sometimes), but we don't mind.

AFM: 4DPO and keeping on with my exorbitantly slooooooow rise.  On the plus side, I looked at my chart from when I got preggo with DS and the first 4 days after ovulation I was either just above, on or just below the coverline.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#69 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 01:26 PM

Can I just add...

I debated whether or not to say something, but I'm remembering that a month or two ago we lost at least one person from the ONE THREAD and I would hate to see anyone else leave because they felt this wonderful, supportive (and fun!) thread was no longer a comfortable place to be.  I respectfully ask that we all be cognizant of the fact that Thread Members represent a range of personal backgrounds, political and religious beliefs, etc.  Therefore, I suggest it may be a good idea to refrain from sharing personal opinions of "hot button" issues.  I know we all appreciate having this thread as a place to share our TTC journey with other women, and sometimes that means venting about watching others around us get pregnant - which I think is totally fine.  Sharing our feelings/opinions on what other women are choosing to do with their own bodies, however, is probably best left off this thread.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes.  Just want everyone (myself included) to continue to feel this is a safe place to share about our own personal TTC adventures & misadventures.

Peace.gif

ETA: Sorry if this sounded too vague/unclear.  My attempt at being tactful and nonconfrontational.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#70 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post

THank you and about the name change....here's a story about something kinda like this that happened in my family.

I have a second cousin who got married and had her first daughter in 1983...so that child took her father's name and she kept that name until she was 6 though her mom had divorced her dad by the time she was 2.  Then when her first daughter was 7 she had married another man and had her second daughter with her second husband and her second husband adopted her first child so both girls had the second husband's last name.  Well, her and her second husband got divorced 3 years later and hasn't been in the picture ever since.  Well, she married her current husband who she didn't have any children with but by the time that they got married her oldest was 13 and didn't want to change her name when he wanted to adopt her and the youngest child.  So in turn, the oldest child still has the second husband's last name and the youngest child has the current husband's last name.  Neighter have their given last names anymore and they are perfectly ok with the fact that they don't have the same last name either.  So i guess it's just up to you on how you feel about your children having different last names...and how they feel about having a brother/sister without the same last name.  It works for my cousin and her kids though.  And i hope that that didn't confuse you...just a thought though :)

Wow... that just boggles the mind! dizzy.gif

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#71 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck, Stevi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_telling View Post

Can I just add...

I debated whether or not to say something, but I'm remembering that a month or two ago we lost at least one person from the ONE THREAD and I would hate to see anyone else leave because they felt this wonderful, supportive (and fun!) thread was no longer a comfortable place to be.  I respectfully ask that we all be cognizant of the fact the Thread Members represent a range of personal backgrounds, political and religious beliefs, etc.  Therefore, I suggest it may be a good idea to refrain from sharing personal opinions of "hot button" issues.  I know we all appreciate having this thread as a place to share our TTC journey with other women, and sometimes that means venting about watching others around us get pregnant - which I think is totally fine.  Sharing our feelings/opinions on what other women are choosing to do with their own bodies, however, is probably best left off this thread.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes.  Just want everyone (myself included) to continue to feel this is a safe place to share about our own personal TTC adventures & misadventures.

Peace.gif

I'm not sure what hot button issues you're referring to..? I also saw that mentioned when the other member left this thread. I couldn't find any apparent reason for her leaving. I'm so lost...

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#72 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolian View Post

Good luck, Stevi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_telling View Post

Can I just add...

I debated whether or not to say something, but I'm remembering that a month or two ago we lost at least one person from the ONE THREAD and I would hate to see anyone else leave because they felt this wonderful, supportive (and fun!) thread was no longer a comfortable place to be.  I respectfully ask that we all be cognizant of the fact the Thread Members represent a range of personal backgrounds, political and religious beliefs, etc.  Therefore, I suggest it may be a good idea to refrain from sharing personal opinions of "hot button" issues.  I know we all appreciate having this thread as a place to share our TTC journey with other women, and sometimes that means venting about watching others around us get pregnant - which I think is totally fine.  Sharing our feelings/opinions on what other women are choosing to do with their own bodies, however, is probably best left off this thread.

Peace.gif

I'm not sure what hot button issues you're referring to..? I also saw that mentioned when the other member left this thread. I couldn't find any apparent reason for her leaving. I'm so lost...

ETA: duh... I think it just came to me what you're talking about. Nevermind.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#73 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Double post

#74 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM

Nicolian & ValH...   Thank you!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#75 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 PM

Brandy - How exciting about the new house!  I would love to build my own house someday too.

TalkToMeNow - Sorry about A/F.  I hope this is your cycle!

MommyMatsumoto - It sounds like you're O'ing.  I hope you catch that egg.

Stevie - Fx for you!!

AFM, not much happening.  I still have a bit of abdominal cramping, but nothing else.

#76 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichole1214 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

That didn't confuse me at all! My only concern with the kids having different last names is, when we have a baby, there will be only one of us with a different last name. I guess that wouldn't bother them so long as it's what they chose. I don't like having to explain to other people that we have different last names. I HATE being called "Mrs.S" and it's really hard not to express disdain for the name. I didn't teach the kids how to spell it, they learned that from school. I know a name doesn't make a family, but I think it's more appropriate for their name to be shared with the people who love them and are raising them, rather than the person who abused and abandoned them. It's sort of a loaded issue for me, I guess! 

#77 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Thanks, not_telling! I agree. thumb.gif  

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#78 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 PM

Mummuth...   I think you should do whatever you feel the most comfortable with. I'm not sure your kids are old enough to decide for themselves, either. I am seriously considering making up a last name for my future child(ren), as I feel like my relatives (my father in particular) haven't earned the right to live on through my offspring.

#79 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Stevi, if you don't mind sharing, what's your situation? I assume that your single and ready to mingle? lol

#80 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 PM

Nicolian...   LOL Yes, I'm single and will likely stay that way for awhile. TTC puts a major damper on dating. Men just don't seem to be able to get past my conception practices. (shrug) LOL

I am using live donors, who I meet and get to know a bit. It's not the best situation, but it's the best for me right now. (Oh, I'm perfectly okay with being a single parent, the part of the situation I don't like is not being able to just roll over and there's my donor! I have to schedule and reschedule and drive 20-45 minutes away and wait an hour for the donor to cancel and argh!)

#81 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

I could see how that would get frustrating! So, do the donors know they are donors? Will they just be 'let off the hook' when it comes to the parenting? Are you ever worried they won't want to be? Sorry for all the questions. Feel free to ignore me.

#82 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yea.. and AFM:

I got a nice little surprise tonight. Some friends of mine pressured me into testing. :p I got this with evening urine (I did hold it for, like, 6 hours though. lol) at 10dpo.

15dawax.jpg

650h8h.jpg

#83 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Congrats!!!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#84 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 09:22 PM

Congratulations nicolian!  blueman.gif

#85 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 PM

Nicolian...   Congratulations!!!

As for your questions, yes, the donors know they're donors. And all of them are told that the only involvement required is the initial conception. I don't see it as being "let off the hook", this is no different than if they were to go donate at a sperm bank.

Oh, no, I'm not worried about them wanting more involvement than originally planned either. All of them would have a lot to contribute as fathers, if that's what they decide they want.

#86 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM

YAY!! Congrats nicolian!!!

#87 of 139 Old 02-03-2011, 10:38 PM

Congratulations Nicolian! I am so glad that was an implantation dip after all! joy.gif

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#88 of 139 Old 02-04-2011, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations, Nicolian! Threadkeepers luck hits again! Have a wonderful 9 months with your new little bean.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#89 of 139 Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 AM

Yay, Nicolian!!!  I was so happy to see you in the DDC this morning!  CONGRATS! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#90 of 139 Old 02-04-2011, 05:19 AM

Congrats, Nicolian!  So happy for you!!  biggrinbounce.gif

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page