*~*~*~Mamas TTC with More Cushion - February~*~*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Feel free to join in!!

We're cuddly, comfy and cosy...

We're loving - and we've got a little more to love...

We've got more cushion for harder pushin'!

But we're healthy and fit (unless it's beyond our control) - and we're tired of the off-handed (or worse) treatment we get from the medical profession.

Some resources we like:

WEBSITES

FatCast

Plus Size Pregnancy

Your Plus Size Pregnancy

Baby Center (AU)

Bella Online

Baby Free FAQ

Baby Center

Well-Rounded Mama

Fertility Plus

Health At Every Size

Kate Harding

Joy Nash

Fat?So!

BOOKS

Full Moon Feast; Jessica Prentice

Rethinking Thin; Gina Kolata

Fat?So!; Marilyn Wann

#2 of 50 Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM

Hello Music!! joy.gif

Thanks for starting this thread!

#3 of 50 Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM

grouphug.gif Hi mamas!

#4 of 50 Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

yay, new thread! stillheart.gif

Music, I hate to be one of those people, but you might want to change the "we're fit and healthy" part to something like "we care about our health" because there might be people who want to join that have chronic illnesses, and we wouldn't want to exclude them. Just a thought.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#5 of 50 Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM

Yay!  Thanks for the new thread...

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#6 of 50 Old 01-31-2011, 08:52 PM

Thanks Music!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#7 of 50 Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 PM

Whoot!  Earliest test date is Friday!  I'm REALLY hoping this is it.  EDD would be October 16, 2010.  Where are you ladies at in your journey?

#8 of 50 Old 02-01-2011, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

aaahhh...  good point boots!!  Done.

Hi everyone!!  I got the most FANTASTIC news today...  completely unrelated to ttc....  lol

I just won a competition....  10 tickets to see Hairspray, meet the cast AND a dance lesson with the guy who plays Link!!!!!!!  OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm just a little bit excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I took my year 9 music class to see it last year, and I'm taking this year's year 9s to see it in a few weeks.....  and I get to go with friends instead of students as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, happy dance over (for now)

#9 of 50 Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 AM

May I join you all?  I've got more cushion to my bossom, more yum to my bum and love handles to spare.  peace.gif  All joking aside, I fall in the "obese" range and I am completely healthy except for my weight.  I am so tired of the assumptions around being larger and pregnant.  So here it is... I have never even had a spike in my bloodpressure.  I do not have heart disease.  I don't have asthma, diabetes or arthiritis.  I haven't had any problems during labor or delivery.  I am healthy.  There is no need to tell me during an u/s that I can't feel my baby move yet, because I'm fat.  Thank you so much, for stating the obvious.  Mine eyes have been opened!  nono.gif  For your own safety, you might consider that I could use my considerable bulk to snap you in half like a twig.  Assumptions, assumptions, I'm just tired of them!   It doesn't help that I feel very bad about my size and would love to loose some weight.  I just don't want my children to remember me as always obsessing about my size, KWIM?

So ladies, here I am.  I'm at CD18 in a bit of a confusing cycle.  Right now, I'm just hanging around to see if A/F shows up.  I'm not sure that I O'd, so I only have a rough estimate on when this cycle will end.  Part of me wants to hope that there is a little person starting to grow in there, but I really don't want to be dissapointed, so I'd rather assume it was a bust and focus on the next cycle.

Music, thanks for starting this thread.  I hope you have an awesome time with Link.  Peace.gif

#10 of 50 Old 02-01-2011, 06:24 AM

I'm at CD10, hoping that this will be a "normal" cycle after a very confusing Dec/Jan cycle. I swore I was pregnant, symptoms and all, but got BFNs all four times I tested. Then AF came, but super light (totally not normal for me either), and now here I am. Still haven't been able to figure out what Dec/Jan was all about, as we have gotten freekin' snowstorms every time we turn around here so I've rescheduled 3 times already... I had another doctor's appointment for today even and yep, it's snowing.

So this month, I'm trying to be mellow and learning the ins and outs of "MyMonthlyCycles.com".

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#11 of 50 Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Music - that is awesome!

Veronika - Welcome!  I don't think fat has anything to do with it.  I felt my daughter move very early and started showing a bit at 2.5 months!

MamaHeather- I love mmc!  They've been a great help to me just to keep track and be able to predict "o" and AF. 

Good luck my cushy mamas!  :)

#12 of 50 Old 02-02-2011, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Veronika - I agree.  I don't think fat has anything to do with it!  Unless the inside of your uterus has a thick layer of fat as well....  I felt DS move around 16weeks (the ultrasound tech didn't believe me...  ) - and then DH felt him move around 19weeks.  Stupid medicos.  They always think that THEY know our bodies better than we do.  irked.gif  banghead.gif  Cuss.gif

#13 of 50 Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 PM

So I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Just with my GP but I plan to bring up that I've been ttc and haven't been successful....sigh. Wish me luck, I hope I'm making the right choice talking to this guy about this stuff.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#14 of 50 Old 02-03-2011, 04:38 AM

I hope everything goes well at your appointment bootsvalentine.  Please keep us posted.

Agreed Music.  I guess we just have to learn to role our eyes and tune them out when they start with the same old story.  winky.gif

#15 of 50 Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 AM

KUP Valentine!!!

AFM - I got a little nervous yesterday.  I was crampy but not "normal" crampy and had some very light, super faint brown spotting so I thought maybe AF was coming a week early but nothing this morning!!  Tomorrow is first test date!  Sheepish.gif

#16 of 50 Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 PM

New Thread! Woo! Thanks Music! Do we want to put any of the resources that were shared in the last thread up in the main post?

Music--how exciting! I never win anything cool like that! LOL :)

Welcome Veronika!! I had many of the same worries before I heard from these fabulous ladies. Our bodies so much more varied than simply fat and thin and SO many medical professionals have a hard time seeing this.

Slingmama, fingers crossed for you!

Boots, I hope your dr. appt. goes well. Medical degree or not, their job is to serve YOU so if you're not getting good service, find a doctor that will.

AFM--Sorry I've been away so long. When I wasn't battling AF's revenge (10 years on BCP seems to make her pissed), we were battling a major snowstorm that closed down the state for 2 days! I've been spending my days in the kitchen making warm things and making babies (fingersx.gif) with my husband. I'm on CD 12 and waiting to O.

I'm a little concerned because my 30th birthday is Saturday and I suspect I may be consuming a few adult beverages and I would hate for that to affect my chances this month. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna drink. I've got months and months to conceive but only one 30th birthday! LOL But it sure would be nice to have a cupid baby! love.gif

I'm 31: knit.gifHe's 36: geek.gif

Married since 10/10/09, together since 2004

Our first child is due in October 2012.

***4***babyf.gif***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40*

#17 of 50 Old 02-03-2011, 03:31 PM

Welcome back, femmeknitzi.  The snowstorm sounds rough.  I'm glad you could find a constructive way to pass the time.  winky.gif  Right now is probably the best time to enjoy your adult beverages, because there won't be a placenta yet, even if you did conceive in the next couple of days.

ETA:  Keep us posted SlingMama!

#18 of 50 Old 02-04-2011, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

another good idea, femmeknitzi!  I've updated the first post ladies (with the stuff everyone contributed in the last thread...  and added a couple of new ones)...  let me know if you come across anything else - and I'll throw it on there too!

#19 of 50 Old 02-04-2011, 03:41 PM

I LOVE the resource links, awesome.

I'd add that Fat!So? by Marilyn Wann is a great book about self-acceptance.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#20 of 50 Old 02-04-2011, 07:45 PM

Welcome back Femkeknitzi! Tested today. BFN. greensad.gif We'll see what the next couple of days bring (or don’t!) - it's way early to test so here's to hoping!
#21 of 50 Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 AM

Update:  I've been spotting super faint and very little light brown intermittently since the 4th.  I've tested every day at various times and gotten BFNs.  Today is CD34 and should be CD1.  So far no change.  So after today I'm officially late!  I'm holding off and I'm going to test again in the morning - here's to hoping for a BFP!!!

#22 of 50 Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM

I tested yesterday.  BFN.  It was super early though, but it made me loose hope of getting a BFP at all this cycle.  Why, oh why, do we do this to ourselves. 

Fx for your BFP SlingMama!

#23 of 50 Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM

Oh I know how you feel Veronika!  I hope you get your BFP this month!

AFM: I'm on cycle day 37 and AF is now 4 days late.  I've had odd crampings and pain where my left ovary would be along with super faint light brown spotting.  SUPER SUPER FAINT spotting.  I don't spot.  Never have.  I've been a little more tired than normal and have NO sexual desire which is also really odd for me.  I took a test on the 8th and it was a BFN but it hesitated where the positive line should be before moving on if that makes any sense.  I'm out of tests and the transmission went out in our car last night so I haven't had the chance to go get more.  I'll hopefully be able to pick one up today and test.  If it were a BFP I'd be 4wk5dy today.  :)  That's about when I found out with my daughter!  :)

#24 of 50 Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 PM

SlingMama! The suspense is killing me! Have you tested again since your post!??!?!

#25 of 50 Old 02-16-2011, 07:25 AM

I'm sorry LunaLady!!  My DD was in the hospital from Saturday until last night so I haven't been on here!  Yes, I did take two digital tests and they both said no but still no AF.  Unless that weird spotting was "AF" - but seriously, it was SO light I didn't need to use ANY protection at any point.  I honestly have no idea at this point.  Then the stress of DD being in the hospital would've kept it away too.  I can't afford to pay for a blood test with my OB since I'd have to pay out of pocket atm.  I guess I'm going to just act like that spotting was my period and then if I miss again for when it should be in March and still don't get a positive I'll call the OB and figure something out.  In the meantime, I'll just ask like I'm pregnant just in case.  wink1.gif

How are all the other mamas doing?

#26 of 50 Old 02-16-2011, 01:14 PM

Oh, SlingMama I hope your DD is okay!!! 

FX for you that you'll get a BFP! :)

DH and I had our romantic Valentine's day trip and BDed plenty. I had copious amounts of EWCM, so I'm hoping we caught the egg! :)

#27 of 50 Old 02-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh, SlingMama, that's terrible!  I hope everything is OK and that you get your BFP.

Luna, looks like we're in the 2WW together!  7 DPO here, and I'm having some pre-AF symptoms.  It's awfully early for that, even with my short LP, so I really hope it's *not* AF.  I guess time will tell.  I was feeling really optimistic earlier this week, but my temp dipped a bit this morning and my optimism is starting to fade. 

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#28 of 50 Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM

When is your AF due, Caly? Perhaps the temp dip was implantation?? :D

FX for you!

#29 of 50 Old 02-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Ohhh I totally missed that there was a new thread for us!!! ACK! 

I am ovulating... like... right now. I had some brown tinged EWCM last night in COPIOUS amounts and we BD'd almost immediately after I found it. It seemed like I was dry after it came out though until we BD'd and I seemed more... "ready" during so maybe it was still there, not sure. Anywho, going to get another one in tonight if possible... these O pains are DARN strong so it's going to take some real effort on my part to get in the mood. I'm really feelin' it for a November baby! Here's hoping! 

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#30 of 50 Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Luna - Thanks!  My LPs are usually 11 or 12 days, so she's probably due 4-5 days from now.  It could be an implantation dip (or perhaps just normal variation) but I don't want to get my hopes up.  I was so crushed when AF came last month.  I'm going to test at 10 DPO just so I can pee on something before she shows up. orngtongue.gif  Fingers crossed for you too!

Elijah - Good luck catching that eggie!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page