Nursing Mamas TTC February - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 150 Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Greenmama - big hugs to you at this time.

sraplayas - Hope you and DS are well very soon and that PPAF shows her face.

averlee - fingers crossed fro you!  That urge to test just to see is so strong sometimes isn't it?!

Mama to DD (June '09) and very newly expecting #2 Oct '11
#62 of 150 Old 02-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Congrats, summerbaby!

Just checking in. I'm 9 dpo and going back and forth between definitely thinking I'm pregnant and definitely thinking I'm not. I should know in a few days... winky.gif

Edited to add--could I please be moved to the 2ww? Thank you!

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#63 of 150 Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Updated List To Here

Zwitterion~ fingersx.gif

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#64 of 150 Old 02-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Well, move me to waiting to O!! I woke this morning to my first PPAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!! DD is 10 days shy of being 19 months.

I had been feeling 'period-y' for a few days, but have experienced that at least 3 other times in the last 6 months with nothing resulting so I didn't think about it or get my hopes up. I had really been intuiting that the next baby would be conceived between April and June and it is really cool to see that my body is in sync with that soul vibe. So blissfully happy for the next phase. 

The best part is that I changed absolutely nothing about our bfing relationship and I put no energy into it (no herbs, massage) other than cleaning up my diet and allowing my body to do what it needed to do without forcing anything!! 

YAY!!

#65 of 150 Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM

mamaharrison---Yipee!!!

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#66 of 150 Old 02-11-2011, 10:45 AM

Ok, so the good news is that today is day 12 of my LP!!  So that is great, hopefully it will stay long from here on out. 

The bad news is that I did an HPT today and it was a BFN.  greensad.gif  Not even a hint of a line.  Last preg, I got a BFP that was pretty clear at 13 dpo, so it's not looking good for this cycle.  We'll see.  I might test again tomorrow.

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#67 of 150 Old 02-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Just checking in...still waiting to O. I have a wacky chart this month so?? Seems like the left side doesn't like to ovulate easily. :( I had a lot of pain on the left this month and 2 months ago. Spotting this month with what I thought was O but that was 4 days ago and still no temp. shift up. Blah.

Good luck to all the testers and waiters!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#68 of 150 Old 02-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaharrison View Post

Well, move me to waiting to O!! I woke this morning to my first PPAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!! DD is 10 days shy of being 19 months.

I had been feeling 'period-y' for a few days, but have experienced that at least 3 other times in the last 6 months with nothing resulting so I didn't think about it or get my hopes up. I had really been intuiting that the next baby would be conceived between April and June and it is really cool to see that my body is in sync with that soul vibe. So blissfully happy for the next phase. 

The best part is that I changed absolutely nothing about our bfing relationship and I put no energy into it (no herbs, massage) other than cleaning up my diet and allowing my body to do what it needed to do without forcing anything!! 

YAY!!

Congrats!! :)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#69 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

mariacm~ fingersx.gif that you get a bfp.

mamaharrison~ congrats on getting first pp af.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#70 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 AM

Yay, mamaharrison!!

I am befuddled. I think I have an 11-12 day LP, typically. Today is 12 dpo. I have felt completely not pregnant for the last few days, and I woke up to some pink-tinged CM. I figured that meant AF was on the way, except that my temp actually went *up*--to the highest it's been this whole cycle, in fact. A couple hours ago, the CF was light tan, and now it's its normal color. I'm getting BFNs, too. What the heck? My optimistic side would like to think it's implantation bleeding, but it seems awfully late for that, and even if it is, that means a late implantation, which hasn't boded well for me in the past. Maybe I'm getting the flu my DD has and my temp went up before I've started feeling sick? I don't know.  I suppose I'll know for sure in a day or two.

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#71 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 12:48 PM

Well ladies, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I *think* I got a BFP!  I did a $ store test this am and got a faint line!  So faint I haven't told DH yet.  I want to go buy another one and repeat tomorrow, just in case.  Plus, my plan for how to tell him was to put a "I;m the big brother" t-shirt on DS, and I haven't found the iron-on decal at the store yet.  So, not sure what I'll do to break the news.  But tomorrow seems like a good day to do it, if indeed it is a BFP! 

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#72 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacm View Post

Well ladies, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I *think* I got a BFP!  I did a $ store test this am and got a faint line!  So faint I haven't told DH yet.  I want to go buy another one and repeat tomorrow, just in case.  Plus, my plan for how to tell him was to put a "I;m the big brother" t-shirt on DS, and I haven't found the iron-on decal at the store yet.  So, not sure what I'll do to break the news.  But tomorrow seems like a good day to do it, if indeed it is a BFP! 

yesssss! congrats man! biggrinbounce.gif can't wait to hear for sure tomorrow. my dh doesn't even let me test when he's not home, much less test and not tell him! the excitement must be killing you! :)

joy.gifplay-at-home mom to eb, who graced us with her presence 3/2010, and hopefully to several more down the road!
energy.gifbaby-dancin like crazy for #2 since julyPeace.gif[darn that bf'ing! winky.gif]
no whey!peace.gif
#73 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 04:09 PM

Thanks, Peacelove!  I don't give DH an option about when I test and whether he's there!  lol.  That's the 3rd test I did this cycle and he doesnt' know about any of them! winky.gif He doesn't really want to think about me POAS!  hahaha  So he's happy to just hear the result.  We'll see what happens tomorrow!  I got a $ store one and a target FRER type as a backup in case I'm not sure with the other.  And I got a fabric marker and wrote "I'm the big brother" on one of DS's onesies, so that is all ready to go if I get the BFP tomorrow!  He is SO not expecting a BFP yet.

#74 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Yay marciacm!!!  I am so excited to hear the news tomorrow!!

AND congrats mamaharrison!!  I bet that feels great!!

AFM--There has been no night nursing going on in this house for about a week!!  hoorrray!!  And he's been sleeping through the night!  So I feel hopeful still!  Today I noticed a very sensitive sense of smell??!!  Peanut butter was SOO strong and coffee has been an intense smell lately.  And I couldn't finish my cheeseburger because it just grossed me out! weird.....  I can't get excited though, I haven't even had my first ppaf!  But there has been lots of DTD, so who knows!?

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

#75 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Peacelove!  I don't give DH an option about when I test and whether he's there!  lol.  That's the 3rd test I did this cycle and he doesnt' know about any of them! winky.gif He doesn't really want to think about me POAS!  hahaha  So he's happy to just hear the result.  We'll see what happens tomorrow!  I got a $ store one and a target FRER type as a backup in case I'm not sure with the other.  And I got a fabric marker and wrote "I'm the big brother" on one of DS's onesies, so that is all ready to go if I get the BFP tomorrow!  He is SO not expecting a BFP yet.

lol.gif  ha ha, that's the way to do it! whistling.gif what he doesn't know can't hurt him--or get his hopes up! :) i thought with this baby dh wouldn't really need to be there for the tests, because you know it's not our first, it's still special but now we've been pregnant before.... but this time around he says, 'if you're testing just to test, i don't have to; if you're testing because you have a feeling, i want to.' :P and marker is just as good as iron-on!

joy.gifplay-at-home mom to eb, who graced us with her presence 3/2010, and hopefully to several more down the road!
energy.gifbaby-dancin like crazy for #2 since julyPeace.gif[darn that bf'ing! winky.gif]
no whey!peace.gif
#76 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 PM

Hi everyone - first of all, I wanted to say thank you for all the kind words I received back in the Jan. thread. They meant a lot to me. I've been busy having tests done and I do have a diagnosis, prolactinoma. It was masked by bf, but my RE emphasized that it was NOT caused or exacerbated by bf. I have to say I'm not surprised because I know my body well and I knew something was off. So, I am now on medication that should correct the excess prolactin and allow my system to balance itself. I suppose that makes me waiting to catch the first egg or waiting to o, but not really related to breastfeeding. I think it's time for me to move to just the general ttc thread. But, not before another heartfelt thank you for all the support I've received here during the end of the nursing and weaning period. Warm wishes for happy and healthy pregnancies to all.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#77 of 150 Old 02-13-2011, 09:24 PM

So, I'm on CD 22 and while I'm obviously too early to test just yet, I was at the drugstore yesterday and I did stop in the isle with the tests, and I couldn't believe how expensive they are.  I'm in Canada and they are $16 a pop!!!  I'm really praying that I won't need more than one, so I don't want to order a whole bunch of internet cheapies, but I also don't want to spend a fortune on that one.  Anyone in Canada know what dollar stores carry them?  I've tried two different ones to no avail.  I am not going to test until CD 33, or at least that's what I keep telling myself. 

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#78 of 150 Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 AM

Mamaharrison - yay for PPAF!  

Mariacm - congratulations!  I love how you plan to tell your DH!  That is SO cute.

AFM - I think I'm 6dpo!  Can I please be moved to the 2ww?

Mama to a little bouncy girl (11/08) and someone new coming 11/11!
#79 of 150 Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozal View Post

Hi everyone - first of all, I wanted to say thank you for all the kind words I received back in the Jan. thread. They meant a lot to me. I've been busy having tests done and I do have a diagnosis, prolactinoma. It was masked by bf, but my RE emphasized that it was NOT caused or exacerbated by bf. I have to say I'm not surprised because I know my body well and I knew something was off. So, I am now on medication that should correct the excess prolactin and allow my system to balance itself. I suppose that makes me waiting to catch the first egg or waiting to o, but not really related to breastfeeding. I think it's time for me to move to just the general ttc thread. But, not before another heartfelt thank you for all the support I've received here during the end of the nursing and weaning period. Warm wishes for happy and healthy pregnancies to all.

i wasn't here last month, so i'm not one of the ones you're thanking. however, i'm really happy for you that you've at least pinned down what's going on; that must bring a lot of relief. and being medicated and knowing you're taking steps forward must feel good too. and bonus points for knowing something was up :) hopefully your body is back to its glowing, functioning, healthy self soon and you can get goin! :) good luck and positive vibes hug.gif

no whey!peace.gif
#80 of 150 Old 02-14-2011, 09:38 AM

I got a BFP today!!!!  joy.gif I cannot believe it!  This was our first cycle ttc!  I was sure it would take a long time with the short LP's and my hormone issues.  We are just so thankful though that we are able to grow our little family already!!  I did another $store one, got quite the faint line, and then used the target one and got the blue + sign.  Still can't believe it!  I want to keep testing to make sure it's not a fluke and the baby keeps growing!  It was surrealistic calling the MW for the prenatal appt.  I'm still worried about m/c so we probably won't tell IRL for a couple more weeks at least.

So here's how I told DH:  DH and I traded V-day gifts at breakfast, and I didn't say anything.  DS was napping and we always change out of pj's after his nap, so the plan was to get him into the "I'm the big brother" onesie after the nap w/o DH seeing it until I had the camcorder ready.  He was in the shower, so I got DS ready and waited downstairs with the camcorder.  Dh comes down and says "DS is wearing a muscle shirt" and I say yeah, check it out, and he sees it, and says oh that's cute, but not yet.  And I say from behindt he camcorder, yes yet!  He was so dumbfounded, completely confused and shocked!  It took him a few minutes to realize, with me saying I'm preg, etc etc.  Hilarious!!!  And so much fun!!

Baby dust for all of you!  I'll be praying for more BFP's!!!

#81 of 150 Old 02-14-2011, 10:40 AM

mariacm---great news, so happy for your little family!!

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#82 of 150 Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

gozal~hug.gif Glad you found a answer. 

mariacm~ Congrats joy.gif

#83 of 150 Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM

marciacm-Congratulations!!!!!! and happy valentines day!  What a fabulous gift!!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

#84 of 150 Old 02-14-2011, 06:01 PM

Thank you all for the congratulations!  I'll be checking back to see who I can congratulate next soon!

#85 of 150 Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Congrats, Maricam!! I have an 11/09 DS, too... so maybe I can follow in your footsteps soon!! :)

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#86 of 150 Old 02-15-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:

I got a BFP today!!!!  joy.gif I cannot believe it!  This was our first cycle ttc!  I was sure it would take a long time with the short LP's and my hormone issues.  We are just so thankful though that we are able to grow our little family already!!  I did another $store one, got quite the faint line, and then used the target one and got the blue + sign.  Still can't believe it!  I want to keep testing to make sure it's not a fluke and the baby keeps growing!  It was surrealistic calling the MW for the prenatal appt.  I'm still worried about m/c so we probably won't tell IRL for a couple more weeks at least.

Congratulations! I'm glad it was a short journey :)

For everyone, I'm just starting to track my cycles after my first ppaf and I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that their cm has changed post partum while still nursing?

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#87 of 150 Old 02-15-2011, 12:59 PM

Can I be put on the waiting to be ready list? We're going to start trying in August. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#88 of 150 Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 PM

carmen358--congrats on PPAF :)  I have noticed a change in cm since November.  This went along with alot of other pms-like and/or pregnancy-like symptoms.  I have been charting for over a month now and I do see a pattern, even with no PPAF yet. 

#89 of 150 Old 02-15-2011, 05:09 PM

Hello all,

Congrats on the BFPs this month and the PPAFs!

I had a couple days of light spotting about 2 weeks ago which may have been ovulatory spotting, and than 3 days ago my first PPAF arrived in earnest, so I guess I'm now waiting to O. I have to admit, I'm still not quite 100% sure we are ready to TTC as DD (almost 20 months) has been really challenging over the last couple weeks, but as it took us over a year with DD, I think we'll take the plunge.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#90 of 150 Old 02-15-2011, 05:58 PM

Hi Everyone!!  I just found this thread today and I am so happy!  My DS is 6 months on Saturday and DH and I want to try for another...  Not thinking, I was all excited to start trying but I haven't had a cycle yet as I am nursing, boooo, I am so sad as we really want to try for another.  Any tips on getting my first cycle?  Here is our routine...

We co-sleep so DS feeds a couple times in the night, not a lot just enough to get him back to sleep.  I BF in the mornings before work and pump a couple times during the day and nurse in the evenings.  He does have to get some formula as well as I am unable to provide enough milk (Breast Reduction 10 years ago).  I have been trying cereal a little and a few times a week he does eat it but other times he's not interested.  I am wondering if anyone has any tips for us?  I am trying to "get" all the acronyms but some I don't understand quite yet so be gentle with me, lol...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page