***Bitter Sushi Ladies February 2011 Thread*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 299 Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another all about me post.

I'm officially out. This really sucks. I should really have a baby by now. This new cycle is the one year anniversary of the cycle where I conceived my second m/c baby. I think my cycle dates are pretty close to where they were last year so if we conceive this time, the baby will probably be due around the same time as last year's baby. (Take that back - I checked the due date calculator and I must be about 2 weeks ahead.) Not that any of this date matching means diddly squat. If I'm lucky enough to actually get pregnant, I'll probably just m/c again anyway. Gah, I'm in a foul mood. DH went to get me some wine. I'm probably going to drink the whole bottle and cry myself to sleep.

I'm thinking about you guys. So glad you are here to listen and that you actually understand.

ETA - Do I want to keep temping this cycle? IDK if I do or not. Actually, I know I don't want to. The only reason I'm thinking about doing it anyway is because I like looking at my charts. I definitely haven't missed checking my cervix, so I'm going to keep skipping that. I know I'm going to use my OPKs b/c I have a million of them so I might as well, but my plan is to just BD every day between CDs 10&19. I plan on using my soy and folic acid again. And I'm ordering more Vitamin E and prenatals tonight. I bought Vitamin C today so I'm adding that to my regimen. And I'll use my baby aspirin post-O again. Anything else you guys recommend? Maca maybe?

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#122 of 299 Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 PM

Lavatea... So sorry this cycle was not it! I like Maca, so yeah, no harm in that.

I have to say, though, that every other day should be just fine, as far as I understand. I think (but this is just us) that every day 10 days in a row would end up with some sort of burnout. We just could not keep that up, happily.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#123 of 299 Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Lavatea! I am so sorry honey. hug.gif

I hope your wine helps a little teeny bit.

Everybody else, thinking of y'all too but I'm just driving by tonight..leaving early in the morning and it's extremely late but I needed to wind down. DS didn't go to sleep until after 11pm tonight. He is so worried about this trip. Not good. I need prayer and lots of it for the week ahead. I don' t know if I'll be able to post or not while we are out of town. Maybe drive by's from my phone.

Oh! rcr! Super excited for you and praying for your little eggies to become beautiful babies!!!

#124 of 299 Old 02-12-2011, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Lavatea - hug.gif

rcr - Glad to hear retrieval went well. When do you hear about fertilization? When would transfer happen?

Kyamo - Been thinking about you... where are you at now in your process?

AFM... after a truly awful day at work yesterday, and after trying very hard not to despite my mood, I got dh all upset last night so I ended up crying myself to sleep. Hooray. At least I ate some tasty chocolate torte before all of that.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#125 of 299 Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Lavatea - hug.gif

rcr - Glad to hear retrieval went well. When do you hear about fertilization? When would transfer happen?

Kyamo - Been thinking about you... where are you at now in your process?

AFM... after a truly awful day at work yesterday, and after trying very hard not to despite my mood, I got dh all upset last night so I ended up crying myself to sleep. Hooray. At least I ate some tasty chocolate torte before all of that.

Sorry about your bad day. I am 10DPO, so still waiting to see if the 2nd IUI worked. Not feeling very hopeful right now.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#126 of 299 Old 02-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom View Post

Lavatea! I am so sorry honey. hug.gif

I hope your wine helps a little teeny bit.

Hahaha, when I first read this I read it, "I hope your whine helps a teeny bit." In any case, I do feel better today. I think I will keep temping, but only on the days I don't work. When I get up 2 1/2 hours earlier than normal it's hard to trust your temps anyway. Oh, and I didn't temp this morning, and I'm not stressing about it.

monkey - Sorry to hear you had a bad night. Hope your weekend is much better.

lilmom - Good luck on your trip. You're heading to Dallas, right? We're not making a trip in this weekend or I'd suggest a meet-up/playdate, lol.

Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#127 of 299 Old 02-13-2011, 11:29 AM

#128 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 06:06 AM

lavateahug.gif

miriam, Kyamo, and everyone else in the TWW, fingersx.gif

monkey, sorry you had a bad day. Bad days while TTC are even harder than normal bad days.

lilmom, hoping for a stress-free trip for you.

As for me, I just got a + OPK! CD20, which is a bit early for me nowadays (used to be, I would have Oed by now). Based on my OPK history, I expect O in ~2 days, I think. The best part was the test line was 2-3 times darker than the control, which is the darkest I've ever had by far, even though my pee was not as concentrated as I usually have when testing. I'm hoping this is a good sign. I know it's dangerous to get my hopes up like this, but I just can't help but feel good. At least for the next 2 weeks.

And it's Valentine's Day! Too bad my husband is sick. Also, I had tons of EWCM 2 days ago, and now just watery. Weird.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#129 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all:

I have been reading along, but not posting much because I don't have a computer at home - only my phone.

Lava, I am so sorry. You really need to get pregnant and stay that way and get out of here. :hug I was really hoping for you.

SweetBee - yay for the +OPK.

MBA - ugh, injectables. I hope it does not come to that. I forgot, do you have fertility insurance coverage?

AFM - I have a rough/wonderful weekend. The retrieval was not too bad. I don't remember a thing. Apparently I was asking to see the eggs when they took them out of me (and apparently they said no). They ended up getting 8 eggs, which is 2 more than we were expecting. Only 5 of them were mature enough to sperminate (which is normal). I got a call the next day for my "fertilization report" and the lab tech told me that none of the 5 were showing signs of fertilization. She said that she was putting them back in the incubator, in hopes that they would show signs the next day, but that was unlikely. I spent the morning googling to see if it is even possible, and everything that I read said that it was not. Eggs show signs of fertilization within 12 - 14 hours, or they just aren't fertilized.

So, I also found out that in IVF, the only really sure thing is that if you do ICSI, when you inject one sperm into each egg (which we did because DH has 0% morphology), they will fertilize. There is something like a 80%-90% success rate for fertilization with ICSI. How in the world my five eggs could not be fertilized was extremely unusual. I spent most of the day crying in the bed or watching movies or googling, and thinking about if we could have kids from donor eggs and/or sperm.

On Sunday morning I got a call telling me that two of them worked. The woman had been working there for something like 17 years and had only seen it happen a few times. The eggs are a little behind (2 cells instead of 4 cells, as of yesterday), but it looks like they are fertilized. I am hoping that they both continue to grow - eventually into happy and healthy twins.

Transfer is going to be Wed around noon, hopefully.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#130 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 08:25 AM

mba - Stay strong! Hold out until 14 dpo, at least. wink1.gif Awesome about finding that gift card. Enjoy your book.

sweet.bee - Be pushy and make your DH BD anyway, lol. It sounds like you're really close to O.

rcr - What a rollercoaster. Sounds like you've got two stubborn kiddos there. Hope you're ready for them!

#131 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM

rcr, what a story! I'm so glad the last part was a happy ending, or else I would have had to cry a little for you. I hope your twins develop nicely.

lavatea, if it were up to me, there would be BD, trust me. winky.gif But my husband has spent the entire day in bed or on the sofa in a kind of semiconscious stupor. Chances don't look good for tonight. In theory, I have a few more days until O, but when I see a + OPK, I think we should try 1x day from then on out. Trying not to panic. Poor guy is feeling really icky. It's just that if I were sick (and I have been many times around O), there would be BD. Men are such wimps. orngtongue.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#132 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM

Lavatea hug2.gif so sorry.

rcr -  thinking of you for Wednesday

Huge hugs to everyone else too - thinking of you all on this journey.

#133 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 04:40 PM

Rcr - Those are two very tenacious embryos! I`m so glad you`ve had a positive outcome thus far.  Good luck on Wednesday. The BSL will be thinking about you and sending you good vibes! grouphug.gif

BTW - So cute that you were asking to see the eggs. It would be pretty cool to see them, although I guess they must be pretty tiny!

#134 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 04:55 PM

rcr:  So glad you have two embies!  fingersx.gif for Wednesday.

A and M, June 2012
#135 of 299 Old 02-14-2011, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

thanks for all the good thoughts. You are all so sweet. I do appreciate all the prayers and positive vibes. I do believe strongly in the power of that kind of stuff.

Collie - actually, I think they give you a picture of the embryos under the microscope before transfer. How weird would it be to have a picture of your kids when they were literally just a group of cells! This whole thing has been really amazing.

Sweet bee- hope dh feels better soon. Missing the bd chance is a horrible feeling.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#136 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 AM

Ugh! My most favorite clothing brand just started a maternity line.... :(

My mystery cycle might finally be coming to a phase I can recognize. I think I am ovulating, just did, or something like that. (I thought I had possibly ovulated on cd 8 or something crazy.) The sure thing is that this cycle is quite unlike any other, not in a good way.

We have tons of snow and lots of sunshine, so it is easier than normal right now to just enjoy life. I am doing better than average (for me) right now, emotionally and am grateful for that.

Sending you all lots of positive thoughts.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#137 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Ltb - hoping the crazy cycle means a bfp for you.

I just stumbled upon a post in a different thread where somebody said she has been trying for two months and is so depressed with "all the bfn's" ha!

Thanks for bearing with me with all my ivf talk. I know this isn't the ivf thread, but I have been here so long it would feel weird to not talk about what I am going through.

#138 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 AM

Rcr - I personally am fascinated by the IVF talk. Plus, you've been with us for a while and I don't think anyone here would expect you not to share your journey just because it's different than some of ours.  I think we're all in this together.  We're all following slightly different paths, but we're here to support each other, hear each other's stories and learn from each other.

Kyamo likes this.
#139 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 08:54 AM

I like hearing it here rcr
That means I don't have to stalk you.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#140 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 AM

AFM - So, I also found out that in IVF, the only really sure thing is that if you do ICSI, when you inject one sperm into each egg (which we did because DH has 0% morphology), they will fertilize. There is something like a 80%-90% success rate for fertilization with ICSI. How in the world my five eggs could not be fertilized was extremely unusual. I spent most of the day crying in the bed or watching movies or googling, and thinking about if we could have kids from donor eggs and/or sperm.

On Sunday morning I got a call telling me that two of them worked. The woman had been working there for something like 17 years and had only seen it happen a few times. The eggs are a little behind (2 cells instead of 4 cells, as of yesterday), but it looks like they are fertilized. I am hoping that they both continue to grow - eventually into happy and healthy twins.

I just wanted to give you a quick BTDT. When I had my IVF in September, we had a really poor fertilisation rate. I want to say less than 50%, and the RE said that he hoped to see around 80-90%. He actually said that he was "not terribly thrilled" with the results, and was already considering changes that he could make to our protocol for the next cycle. On day 3 or 4 they called to say that the day 5 transfer would probably be delayed to day 6, because of the 4 that were fertilised, all 4 were developing more slowly than they expected (as you said, 2 cells instead of 4, 4 instead of 8.) I was absolutely bereft, especially after I googled success rates for day 6 transfers. The tech told me that "if we don't call you by 8am tomorrow (day 5) then we're on for a day 5 transfer. If we call you it's day 6"  So I spent the next morning praying that the phone wouldn't ring.

Guess what? It didn't. We went to the clinic and got marvellous news. One of the embryos had not only caught up, but went shooting ahead. It had become a full blastocyst (100+ cells) and we were good to go. Apparently only around 30% of embryos reach blastocyst stage on day 5, and they are considered prime embryos to implant. And you can see my signature for how things are going.

Those 2 or 3 days of waiting were by far the most difficult stage and I wish you were not going through it. I am sending all my best wishes your way. It's not over until it's over. 

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#141 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Hi Sly!  Glad to see that you are doing so well. You are so far along! ~ This may be better as an 'on the side' kind of question, but I'm not sure how to do that. I was just wondering how and why you decided to go with IVF after three miscarriages? I've had four miscarriages; three since DS was born. Before the second post-DS miscarriage, we had started saving for IVF. However, after the latest miscarriage, we just assumed there would be no point going with IVF since we'd be spending a fortune to achieve another pregnancy that would likely miscarry. Did you think about that possibility? Did your doctors have any insight? Hope you don't mind me asking.

#142 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Best of luck rcr, I hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow! Sending baby vibes goodvibes.gif

We have another fertility appointment on Thursday so maybe I'll be on the IVF train in a couple of months. I'm ovulating today but I don't even care anymore. DP had asked me to make sure he knows when I'm fertile, but he gets stage fright every time I do, so I'm going to stop. The thing is, though, when the new doctor said the words "severe low sperm count" I kind of lost hope of getting pregnant the old fashioned way. I know there is still a chance, but I don't feel like getting my hopes up anymore.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#143 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collieflower View Post

Hi Sly!  Glad to see that you are doing so well. You are so far along! ~ This may be better as an 'on the side' kind of question, but I'm not sure how to do that. I was just wondering how and why you decided to go with IVF after three miscarriages? I've had four miscarriages; three since DS was born. Before the second post-DS miscarriage, we had started saving for IVF. However, after the latest miscarriage, we just assumed there would be no point going with IVF since we'd be spending a fortune to achieve another pregnancy that would likely miscarry. Did you think about that possibility? Did your doctors have any insight? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Hi Collieflower,

Well, our history is convoluted. Our daughter was born in 2008 (first month of "trying") and then we had an ectopic followed by 2 early miscarriages. The doctors considered our ectopic to be purely a fluke, and even though 2 early losses was devastating to us, the medical professionals we spoke to still did not consider it an issue of 'recurrent miscarriage'. Rightly or wrongly, I don't know. We had the full gamut of tests and they came up with nothing. Then we had three months of Clomid - again, nothing. I just felt this incredible time pressure, moreso because of my husband's age (he is 45) and also because I really wanted to have children quite close in age (well, that plan went out of the window!) So we looked at IUI v. IVF and our RE told us that essentially the success rates for IUI are barely any better than Clomid.  So we figured we may as well get right to it with IVF.

So just before we went ahead, they did another round of tests. And eventually came up with something. RE thinks I am very mildly polycystic. I don't have the full PCOS but apparently my LH/FSH ratio was slightly inverted (I cannot remember which one is supposed to be higher) and my testosterone levels were slightly elevated. Apparently IVF is very successful in cases such as ours, because obviously IVF controls the hormonal environment (which, if left uncontrolled, can explain poor egg quality.) We considered IVF a way of having some "quality control", as it were. And after looking at what happened, I think that was the key. I probably could have conceived with any of the 4 eggs that fertilised - but if 3 of them didn't develop properly, and I had conceived with any of these, it probably wouldn't have worked out well. IDK - that's my own layman's opinion.

Certainly the first 12 weeks of the pregnancy were horrendously stressful, waiting for any twinge or feeling of wetness. But now I feel pretty good. I still cry at every midwife appointment (!) because I can't quite believe that I am here, and I certainly am not relaxing much or really enjoying the pregnancy the way I did with my first.  But Critter is moving around and I just pray every day that things continue to go well. I actually avoid most baby-related things (websites, etc) and I haven't bought so much as a onesie or thought about names. I keep thinking that I will jinx things. Silly, I know. Once we have a healthy baby, we'll think about all of that.

I could go on for hours about IVF, so feel free to PM me. I don't want to hijack this thread. I wish you all the best.

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif

#144 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 AM

rcr, lots of fingersx.gif fingersx.gif fingersx.gif

slylives, your story made me tear up. I'm glad things are going well and many positive vibes for them to continue that way.

As expected, no BD yesterday. I'm still hoping for today. I'm sick now, which doesn't matter to me b/c I will push through, but my husband still has not recovered. After yesterday's super + OPK, today's was just barely negative, so caught the end of the surge this afternoon, I guess. I think I'll O tomorrow or the next day. For once, I'm hoping for 2 days from now due to timing.

Just a tangent now. I was talking to a mama of twins at our playdate today, and she said she went to the US for IVF b/c they do a 5-day transfer there, as opposed to the 2-day transfer they do here. Does that make such a big difference? We're really far from that right now (my first appointment with the specialist isn't until the end of May due to a long waiting list), but I am kind of curious in case we get to that point.

#145 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Beloved - are you still here? I saw your post on DB

Sweet bee- sorry about the sick Dh. Men are such babies. We missed the chance a few months ago because dh was sick.

Yes I think it is a big difference between 2 or 3 and five days. I would go on more about it but I am typing on my phone and it would be long.

Sly - hi. Good to see you. I loved the story. So encouraged by it. How many did you transfer?

#146 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Thanks rcr, I am still here love.gif I just need a change in many ways.

Whatever will be, already is...

#147 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 12:11 PM

We just transferred one - the super strong blastocyst. If I remember rightly, of the other 3, 2 were developing slowly and one stopped growing completely. But as my RE reminded me - all the embryos are genetically unique. And it only takes one.

#148 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM

Mission: Seduce Husband successful! winky.gif

Now on to the hoping.

#149 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

rcr - What Jane said. Now I don't have to waste time stalking you!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#150 of 299 Old 02-15-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

Mission: Seduce Husband successful! winky.gif

Now on to the hoping.

Woot!! Go girl!

rcr - I don't mind the IVF talk. Like collie said, we're all on different journeys - (hopefully) leading to the same place.

Who was it having weird AF issues a few weeks back? I told you guys that my AFs are sometimes weird. Well, it's another weird one. I barely had anything yesterday (CD 4), just very light, brown flow for like an hour of the day. Most of the day was flow-less. Today I've had bright red bleeding again. WTH? It hasn't been all day, so in that way it's similar to yesterday, but why is it bright again??

I need to be keeping track of this stuff in case it means something to the OBGYN when I finally get to go. Of course, they'll probably just blow me off the way all practitioners seem to do (about recurrent m/c theories, charts, etc).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page