***Bitter Sushi Ladies February 2011 Thread*** - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, I guess I really don't know anything about Clomid doses. orngtongue.gif I expect to be an expert once I get in to see the doctor in a few months. Or maybe I'll get pregnant before then. That would be awesome.

P.S. 8DPO is kind of boring. There's not even a point in peeing on anything yet.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 05:41 AM

It's come to my attention I've gotten supremely bitter lately, and I'm worried about driving people nuts with it. May I join you? This group seems to be very honest, I could use that, I hate feeling alone in this all. I've been trying since January 2010 now, have PCOS.

TTC #1 My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/329153

#243 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by objet_trouve View Post

It's come to my attention I've gotten supremely bitter lately, and I'm worried about driving people nuts with it. May I join you? This group seems to be very honest, I could use that, I hate feeling alone in this all. I've been trying since January 2010 now, have PCOS.

Welcome Objet trouvé! You won't be alone in this thread, look at the coincidence in my sig!

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#244 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post

I forgot to add... Could my chart be added to the main page, please?: 

Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Is anyone else already signed up to take over the thread in March? If not, I'll do it. I didn't want to volunteer until I knew I was going to be here, and at this point, I am.

I don't recall anybody else volunteering, so go ahead. Threadkeepers luck to you and your injectibles (is that threadkeepers luck thing just a myth, or has anybody ever really got pregnant while being threadkeeper?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post

My CD3 ultrasound revealed normal stuff, apparently, and I get to start Clomid Friday for a 5-9 days set.  When I was handed the script for the Clomid, something came over me.  I felt right, like I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.  When I dropped it off and later picked up the meds from the pharmacy, I have felt nothing but a total sense of ease.  I wasn't this de-stressed last cycle, and even the thought of another HCG injection isn't scary right now.  I'm totally smooth :)  I think it's a good sign.

That sounds like a great sign to me. I love it when I feel like I am trust my feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by objet_trouve View Post

Welcome. If you want to be added to the front page, please send me what you want it to say.

AFM - I am trying to brace for a negative at my beta tomorrow morning. I am just not feeling it. Plus I got another bfn this morning, and my boobs don't hurt anymore (which would have been from the progestrone anyway, not from being pregnant).

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#245 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 PM

MBA -  That's so not fair! I am bitter for you.  Grr. angry.gif 

(yes, I realize I am responding to a post that is probably days old by now, but I just want to send my sympathy)

RCR - Good luck tomorrow. I'm really, really hoping this is your month!

#246 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 12:05 PM

11 dpo and not a single cramp. I am loving it. I guess infertility teaches us to find joy in the small thing.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#247 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by collieflower View Post

RCR - Good luck tomorrow. I'm really, really hoping this is your month!

Hi Collie - Thanks. How ya doing, btw? I haven't heard much from you lately. Are you still waiting to ttc? Hope you are doing well.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#248 of 299 Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 PM

MBA, I am sorry for the BFN greensad.gif I am bitter for you as well hug2.gif

rcr, don't give up yet. I am holding out hope for your little embie fingersx.gif

kparker, maybe Clomid is just the thing you need. I am glad you are on a good path. I had my hopes up for you last cycle.

Everyone else wave.gif

afm,

The coworker is driving me batty. Now she is talking with a client about a mutual person that they know, and coworker is judging that this woman shouldn't get pregnant, judging her life or something (I tried not to listen) This woman is apparently trying, and she actually said, "Thank god she wasn't pregnant, and this past month she had the flu around her fertile time, so it is good"

I HATE when people sit in judgment like that, and so smugly she is wishing infertility on this other woman. It would serve her right to have a bout of it herself, but I doubt it eyesroll.gif

I can tell af is on the way, but I didn't BD in the fertile window, so no obsessing for me *slaps my own hand*

Whatever will be, already is...

#249 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 AM

Geez this is a busy place!!!

RCR - I guess you've had your blood test by now... hoping for a positive result.  I wouldn't worry too much about not 'feeling it',  when I was pregnant with dd I never had any symptoms (besides no af) no sore bbs or nausea or even tiredness, at some point my cm started to pick up but that was the only thing.

MBA - sorry this wasn't your cycle.

Objet - Welcome!

Lavatea - I know how frustrating it can be trying to get dh cooperate with the bding, I have problems there as well, sometimes I want to scream at him to get on board, we have been together for 10 years and I have never once refused him so where does he get the nerve!!!!

AFM - I am now on CD40!!!!  Since having dd my cycles have averaged 26 days with the longest being 30, I'm not taking any meds so this is really odd for me, I probably have a giant cyst on my ovary that's laughing hysterically at me.  I'd tell you all how many hpt's I've taken but I think that I'm ashamed to tell even you guys!!!

#250 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM

RCR - I am doing well. I'm off work for five months as of  next Friday, so nothing can get me down right now!  I have been meaning to do an AAM update.  Maybe sometime this weekend.

It's killing me waiting for your update on the beta!! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Hi everyone else! wave.gif

#251 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

It was negative. They just called. Thanks everybody for crossing your fingers and toes for me. Although I kinda knew it was negative, it still stings. I am in my office crying and trying to compose myself because I am an hour late for some student presentations. I think I just need to make an excuse and go home.I have a meeting on the 11th with the RE to talk about how to move forward. I feel like I need to take a break from all of this for a while, but I feel like I am also too old to take a break. I am sure some of you know the feeling. I will be 37 next month.

#252 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 AM

Oh RCR! I am sooo sorry. I am glad you were a teeny bit prepared, but no matter how prepared you are, it still really hurts. GO HOME. Treat yourself to something special. Eat lots of chocolate, if that’s your thing.  You deserve to be spoiled and self-indulgent today. Big hugs: hug2.gif

I’ll PM you later about the age and taking a break thing. I’m 37 (38 in Aug) so I totally get it!

#253 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 PM

rcr - I know i gave you some over in the IVF area, but was over here and saw your post so I figured more can't hurt....hug.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#254 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 01:38 PM

So sorry, rcr! I also think you should let yourself go home.

I would appreciate some HELP: I am 12 dpo and all of a sudden started to have pain around where I think my left ovary is located. I have had this stabbing feeling for the past half hour... it is more than what I feel around ovulation, quite strong to the point of being uncomfortable, though not quite enough to be painful. What the heck could cause this? It has been a weird cycle, I am not on any meds or anything. Ovulation was confirmed by temps. (Otherwise I would think this could be o.) Please tell me that I could not feel an ectopic before af is even due... And yet, I don't think my chances of being pregnant, ectopic or not, are big. I also don't have any of the risk factors for an ectopic. Could it be a cyst?This is just truly weird, as I have never experienced this before. I guess I will use that last test tomorrow, afterall. If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate it!

#255 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 PM

rcr, I'm so sorry. hug.gif

LTB - I have a cyst and I have felt a few ovary twinges, I wouldn't really say pain. But I think they can cause pain. As for ectopic, I found this sentence on wikipedia, "Clinical presentation of ectopic pregnancy occurs at a mean of 7.2 weeks after the last normal menstrual period, with a range of 5 to 8 weeks.". So I think it would be too early to feel an ectopic?

#256 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM

It would be a really really rare ectopic to present at <4 weeks.  I think it's almost physically impossible, because the implant is too small to be causing issues yet. 

I would guess it's the luteal cyst growing/stretching/bursting.  There is often a 3 cm cyst on your ovary by menstruation.  Then it collapses. 

If you wanted to be optimistic, you could say it's the luteal cyst responding to the first drips of hcg of a new pregnancy and going for the long haul, as that luteal cyst will support the pregnancy til about 10 weeks. 

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#257 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 02:23 PM

Thanks ladies! I am going to go to bed now reassured that it is most likely something normal.

#258 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 02:25 PM

rcr, I'm so sorry hug2.gif I was really hoping for you. Take it easy on yourself and go home hug.gif

I don't really have much time, but I wanted to report that my coworker got a real BFP on her second cycle of trying joy.gif<</i>
sarcasm She actually saw a line, a faint, but there line. Why can't it be that easy???? and she is still yakking with her clients about her other friends or family members who are TTC, she actually said
"I can't believe it has taken so long for them to get pregnant, that's crazy. I am and it's only been two months" splat.gif

Whatever will be, already is...

#259 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM

RCR - hug2.gif

Beloved - I'd like to kick your coworker in the teeth.

#260 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 04:51 PM

I'm so sorry, RCR. greensad.gif

For anyone curious, I took my temp this morning and it was low. I also forgot to take an OPK test to work yesterday so I don't know. I've had so much EWCM and O pains the past 3-4 days that I really feel like O probably happened today or will tomorrow. We'll see.

ETA - Posting this reminded me to get up and pee on an OPK b/c I didn't do it already today. It was positive. But I haven't had the EWCM today that I've had the past few days, so I bet O is coming soon. DH better be in a BD mood tonight!

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#261 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

hug.gif rcr!!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#262 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 07:51 PM

rcr hug2.gif

I wish I could say something that would help!! I am so sorry.

kyamo - I am really curious, why the bcp's to fix the cyst? I had a cyst removed back when I was 15, it was an emergency type thing. It hurt so much I thought I had appendicitis. But no one ever said anything about bcp's to avoid or get rid of a cyst. At any rate I hope you don't have to do that!!!

beloved can I please, please spit in the direction of your coworker? that is soooooo annoying. I feel really bad that you have to put up with all that. I might go crazy if it was me.

#263 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 PM

#264 of 299 Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 PM

AF today. Think I'm going to try vitex for a few months while we wait to figure out if my husband has anything wrong with him, since I think I want to take a break from Clomid for a while, and vitex is cheaper and I've heard good things. Can't hurt to give it a try right?

#265 of 299 Old 02-26-2011, 12:28 AM

object-trouve... Vitex is a bit of a dilemma, I think. It really helps some but really messes up some. I would think pretty hard before taking it. (And, I suppose, you already have.)

Beloved.... I think sooner or later life will teach the sort of people who have no compassion and think they have gained everything good in their lived by their own excellence. (I think I have loearned a lot, whether, in the beginning, I would have welcomed the infertility or not.) I might say something to the coworker, though, about how difficult it is for people who cannot get pregnant.

13 dpo, BFN. (Was it a surprise...? Nooooo! I have not seen a positive test since almost 7 years ago, as even my opks are not truly positive.) The stabbing in my ovary is still there... Hurts, physically, I mean. Otherwise I am quite ok. Actually, I have so hoped that my cycle would just "almost disappear," like happen without the cramps and everything. Then I could go on with my life more easily, without the endless reminders and the crampy, annoying TWW and all the stuff around ovulation. It seems I just got such a cycle. Still no cramps. Amazing. I really want to cancel the doctor's appointment I have in three weeks and go on with my life. Yet, this has been so bitter and painful for so many years, that I owe it to everyone, esp. dd, to see if they can find anything wrong with me. It is not right that all her friends keep getting new siblings. ALL of them. Not a single one without a sibling.... or two... or probably soon three.

Wishing you all peace this weekend!

#266 of 299 Old 02-26-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom View Post

kyamo - I am really curious, why the bcp's to fix the cyst? I had a cyst removed back when I was 15, it was an emergency type thing. It hurt so much I thought I had appendicitis. But no one ever said anything about bcp's to avoid or get rid of a cyst. At any rate I hope you don't have to do that!!!

I'm sorry you had that experience. I know very little about this, but I believe the size has something to do with it. Like a really large one might be very painful and require surgery, a small one will go away on its own, and some in the middle may require BCP?? I don't know. Hopefully it goes down on its own and I don't require BCP.

#267 of 299 Old 02-26-2011, 07:37 AM

Lesstraveledby- I figure it's worth a shot, I don't want to take more Clomid until I know if the husband is ok (feels like it may be a waste until then), and I want to try something inexpensive for a while we're waiting to figure that out (and it takes months to get seen here for just about anything, he can't even get a referral for another month). He also has severe sleep apnea, and it messed with TTC this last cycle (when he's too sleepy his sex drive drops through the floor, he's even drifted off during before), have to get him started on CPAP or else I think this will all just make him insecure and frustrated. I've heard Vitex messes some people up, but I've heard the same about Clomid, I just don't want to feel like I'm giving up on TTC during the break from Clomid (especially since I've been down lately, feeling like my effort is in vain, and finding it harder and harder to see my friend's baby pictures on facebook, don't want to feel like I'm not doing anything to try and fix the situation). I'll be keeping a close eye on it, as I do with any kind of medication and supplement because I tend toward very odd and rare side effects. What kind of things do you think I should look for? Like what kind of stuff have you heard? I've noticed the people on this site tend to be much more reliable than googling for answers most of the time. orngtongue.gif I like to know as much as possible about what kinds of pills I put in my body, so if you know anything I might not have found in my own research, I'd love to hear.

#268 of 299 Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 PM

rcr hug2.gif I am so sorry. I hear you on the age and taking a break thing. DH and I will both be turning 39 this year. Thinking of you.

mba fingersx.gif for you!

ot - welcome hug.gif

I am popping in with some good news for a change instead of my usual doom and gloom ( thank you for being so kind and patient with me btw!)

We had a scan today -  It's actually hard to say this for fear of it all going wrong again. But, at this moment in time, things look very good.

The baby is measuring 8 weeks and 5 days ( I calculate me at 8 weeks and 6 days), very active, high up in uterus and a strong heartbeat of 169 which is right up there where it should be at this stage. The tech gave us a printout and you can see clear arm and leg buds etc. EDD Oct 3. My birthday is 14th. DD was our Christmas gift ( 13th) - maybe this baby will be my birthday gift?!

We totally lucked out with the senior tech who was all over giving us info and sharing her knowledge especially after knowing about our previous losses. She booked me in for a another scan in 4 weeks time so I have to try and remain optimistic and calm until then...so hard. However, she did tell us that with a heart rate like this our chances of this pregnancy being successful is 98% at this point.

Ah, trying to stay calm and not get ahead of myself with planning....it's hard though.

#269 of 299 Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM

Awesome news, Grahnola!!

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#270 of 299 Old 02-26-2011, 02:53 PM

rcrhug.gif I really thought this would be it for you. Still hoping for you for next cycle.

miriamfingersx.gif that the new medications will make it work.

beloved, there are no words to describe the insanity that is your coworker. How can people like that even exist? It must be so difficult to deal with her. I don't even know her, and I want to give her a few choice words.

Yay, Grahnola!

Love to everyone else. My blood looked good at the doctor's office Friday, so I'm back to healthy from whatever the sickness was. But I'm just so tired right now and have not much energy to write. I should be packing, but ugh. Worn out.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page