This Rollercoaster Saturday brought to you courtesy of Clearblue Digital... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 15DPO, day 30 of my cycle.  This morning I took a Clearblue digital test and it was positive.  I was in shock, we hadn't really been trying and our son is not even a year yet.  A few hours later I tested again just to be sure, again with CB.  This time it was negative.  I did some Googling, realized that CB has been associated with a lot of false positives, and decided to go buy a couple different brands just to be sure.  I tested with another generic digital and a standard two-line test.  Both were negative.

Any ideas?  Has this happened to anyone?  Am I pregnant or have I spent my whole Saturday worked up for nothing?  

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM

I would make any appointment with your doctor to get a blood test.  I don't know much about specific tests but I do know that the odds of getting a false positive are very low, while the odds of getting a false negative are very high.

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

Old 02-15-2011, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response!  I'm officially late and definitely pregnant. :)

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM

Wow...Congrats! :) How do you know? 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

I tested on Sunday and Monday mornings and got positives both times. Plus I'm now officially late.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 PM

Congrats!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Awesome!  Congrats! 

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

User Tag List