The Stupendously **LUCKY** ~ONE THREAD~ 2.13-2.19 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Brichole - My husband and I bought our first house newly constructed, and our second (current) older (built in the 50s). I love our new house because of its location and the yard (we grow food and had no space before), but I would pay so much more for a new home. When you have time to work on your house that's great, but I work everyday including weekends, and hubby races cars which sucks up a ton of time. I'd give SO MUCH to have a new home again. :) So, congrats on your choice, all else being equal, it's much less stressful.  

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonO View Post

Brichole - My husband and I bought our first house newly constructed, and our second (current) older (built in the 50s). I love our new house because of its location and the yard (we grow food and had no space before), but I would pay so much more for a new home. When you have time to work on your house that's great, but I work everyday including weekends, and hubby races cars which sucks up a ton of time. I'd give SO MUCH to have a new home again. :) So, congrats on your choice, all else being equal, it's much less stressful.  

Thank you so much!!! IT's great that i can actually get support from you gals!!! My family is totally against us getting this house, even though it's only a 15 minute drive to their house from where we are building the house!!!! They are all driving me crazy, and I just want some support from my family!  They have always supported my twin brother and his wife with whatever they do, but they have NEVER supported me and my DH with what we are wanting to do.  I got the third degree when I bought my car, then I got the third degree when I told them we were using fertility drugs to get pregnant.  Now that we have Emma here we need more room because we are only living in a 2 bedroom house right now.  I just don't understand why everything I do isn't good enough for my family!  It really drives me crazy!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#93 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 09:28 AM

So I have a question : Not really likely to have a negative test at 13 DPO, is it, if I were pg?

When I was pg before I took tests like a week after my period was late - so dark lines right away. This time though, now that we're "trying," I am itching to check earlier. I thought things were likely this month, & I even had a few telling symptoms, so I thought, like possible implantation spotting at 10 DPO which I've never had before.

So I took a dollar store pink test yesterday, 12 DPO. It says check at 2 minutes, and I saw nothing. Then around 4 minutes, I saw a faint pink line. Like, less than faint, really imperceptible, and after 8 minutes I decided it really could be an evap line. (But with these same tests I always use, I've never seen an evap line before).

I decided to wait to see what today brought. I think I am 13 DPO- there was no line at 2 minutes or 5 minutes. Again maybe a faint evap line a few minutes later, but again lets ignore that.

AF would be expected today or tomorrow. No cramping or spotting yet, so I guess I will.... wait for AF and save my third and final test for Monday. Does that sound about right? Do some people get negative tests this 'early' and still turn out to be pregnant? (CD 28 doesn't seem that early, but again in the past I have taken tests at like CD 35) 

Thanks for any thoughts, ladies. I should really just think about something else for a few days, right? ;)

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#94 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 10:09 AM

Brichole1214...   The only thing I can see about your new house that might be a problem is the number of bedrooms. Shouldn't you put in 4 in case your next pregnancy results in a boy? Then your girls won't have to share a room. treehugger.gif

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#95 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 10:12 AM

Congrats to you, Hykue!!

MommyM: I feel like I had good luck with acupuncture regulating my cycles.  I did it for 7 months before I conceived.  Yes, the TCM tastes tuck yuck (I always drank it down real quick and followed it with a chaser of some kinda sweet fruit juice).

Sending positive and fertile thoughts to all!  dust.gif

AFM: I think I'm ready now....Please move me to February BFP's - thanks. orngbiggrin.gif

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#96 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 AM

Man, I'm behind. I have to start checking this more often. LOL

I'm so busy with school and work though... And now not being able to think straight because I'm getting married in 17 days and I'm SOOO unbelieveably excited. asldkfl

Congrats, Hykue. I hope this one hangs around for you. =)

A2E, I had brown CM back in October. I googled the shittt out of it. LOL Basically, what I got, is that it's a sign of a really awesome ovulation. That's the short version of the tons and tons and tons of stuff I read. Haha.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#97 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Stevi, sorry AF found you. 

MommyM, good luck with acupuncture! Love your positive attitude.

mamabutterfly, I know there have been plenty of women who don't get a bfp until much later. I know it's frustrating, but all you can do it wait and see. Good luck!

AFM, I got crosshairs... I O'ed on Wed. We managed to BD Sat, Sun, Wed, and Thurs, so not too shabby. Could've been better, but I'm hopeful! This month, I'm hiding the pregnancy monitor, not checking my cervix, and not charting symptoms. I think that will make me less obsessive!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#98 of 103 Old 02-19-2011, 11:31 AM

Mamabutterfly - My AF is between 5 and 8 days late and nothing but BFN, so I searched and googled and searched. Could be preggo, could be an anovulatory cycle, could be just a late AF. I don't have temp data so I'm sitting here waiting for something to happen!

I have a race scheduled next Saturday. If nothing happens by Wednesday I will get a blood test. I have no problem exercising now, but I think a race is a different beast. And this is a sprint, so very high intensity.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#99 of 103 Old 02-20-2011, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Could I please be moved to waiting to O? Today is CD1.

The good news is that I have an appointment at a fertility clinic in 2 weeks. I've kind of given up hope being able to conceive on my own.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#100 of 103 Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Could I please be moved to waiting to O? Today is CD1.

The good news is that I have an appointment at a fertility clinic in 2 weeks. I've kind of given up hope being able to conceive on my own.

Maybe you'll not have to use too much of evasive techniques!! I only ended up having to do three cycles of medications before i got pregnant with Emma! (Granted my cycles were 43-45 day cycles so that was a total of 5 months that we were on meds) I did a oral/injection combo and that helped me...and I'm so happy that it worked!!!  I hope you get good news from the clinic in 2 weeks and hey, maybe you will be ready to ovulate by the time that you go there!!! I don't know if EVERY clinic does u/s as much as mine did but it was really cool to get to see my follicles growing each time i had an u/s done!!!  anywho...g/l and I hope that you are finally able to post a BFP on here!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#101 of 103 Old 02-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Sorry AF found you, Heidi!

I am starting to feel light cramping.  Not sure...maybe AF is on her way (I felt a strong cramp late last night, and have been cramping on and off ever since).  I guess we will see by Wednesday.

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#102 of 103 Old 02-20-2011, 04:19 PM

Just to follow up, after 2 BFNs and what I thought could be an evap line this morning (didn't show up for almost 10 minutes), I had to go to the pharmacy for DD's prescription today and was seized with the thought of buying a digital test.

AF should've come today, but hadn't yet, so I decided to try it and - up popped "Pregnant"! You could have knocked me over with a feather! I'm going to take the other one in the pack with DH tonight, just to give him the fun.

Hoping that many more of you join me in the DDC boards. I think I'm going for November, as I'll be right on the cusp. Best wishes to everybody!

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#103 of 103 Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Woohoo! Congrats, mamabutterfly!  biggrinbounce.gif

New thread is up, ladies. thumb.gif

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page