id7h2w.jpg

all are 9 dpo with FMU

just to compare...this is my BFP with my DS @ 10dpo 3rd MU:

25sreh1.jpg

and here they are together to compare:

top is 9 DPO, FMU, NOW
bottom is from my DS's pg @ 10 DPO 3rd MU
[can you believe how DARK that is for 10 DPO????]
and that is why I DONT believe this blue test is a BFP..im pretty skeptical :?

2uynm09.jpg
#2 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It seems very dark for 9 DPO.  Try googling the brand with mIU/mL to see what  how sensitive the blue one is. It's possible it is much more senstivie than the others. I had one test give me a positive at 10 DPO (not that dark tho) and other brands  didn't for many days.

#3 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN BabyDust View Post

It seems very dark for 9 DPO.  Try googling the brand with mIU/mL to see what  how sensitive the blue one is. It's possible it is much more senstivie than the others. I had one test give me a positive at 10 DPO (not that dark tho) and other brands  didn't for many days.

the one that is very dark is the BFP I got at 10 DPO with my son over 3 years ago lol. The one above it is the one I was comparing it to, that I did this morning with FMU @ 9dpo...smile.gif make more sense now right? wink1.gif
#4 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM

I have found that the blue dye +/- tests are very prone to having a line that looks like the one you got, as an evap line.  I have had that line show up many times, within the time limit, that turned out not to be a positive (confirmed by Dr. blood test.)  I would wait a few days and test again.

M, married to B, Step-Mom to J coolshine.gif, with one of these cat.gif, and two of thesedog2.gifdog2.gif
#5 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 05:09 PM

mommyinfl: I never trust blue dye tests so I'm ignoring those ones completely smile.gif But I can see a second pink line in both of your pink dye tests. Very faint, but definitely there.

Every pregnancy is different, so it wouldn't concern me that your test looks different than your previous child's test. 9DPO is still really early - I think those lines will get much darker over the next week smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#6 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 PM

With your last pregnancy, why were you testing at 10dpo?  

Anyway, I think those lines look like they have possibilities, but it's way early.

#7 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 AM

I am going through the same thing right now....my tests were way darker a few days b4 my period was due last pg.........

this time - a few days after my period was due ---faint ....makes you wonder about stickiness!!!

Good Luck , I hope you have a great pregnancy!!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#8 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

mommyinfl: I never trust blue dye tests so I'm ignoring those ones completely smile.gif But I can see a second pink line in both of your pink dye tests. Very faint, but definitely there.

Every pregnancy is different, so it wouldn't concern me that your test looks different than your previous child's test. 9DPO is still really early - I think those lines will get much darker over the next week smile.gif

It is complicated lol. I actually thought I was 16 dpo when I tested with my son. That is why I wasnt surprised when it was that dark. But, in hindsight and looking back, it was the first cycle I started working night shift and I am sure my ovulated was 5 days later than I thought, which means I was 10 dpo when I took that test not 16dpo. I am pretty sure of this based on intercourse. We pulled out around ovulation time and only DTD 2 days before with Pull out,...and 5 days later I thought we were safe so we didnt pull out and I got pregnant. I am sure it was from the not pulling out b/c we have been using pull out for many many years and never got pg from it. And have always got pg easily with 2 oops slips ups.

I am pretty sure I am not pregnant this cycle. That is what my gut is telling me. And, my temps are down today and yesterday..which is pretty normal for my mid luteal phase. Im 10 dpo today. and, i just took my last hpt I had in the house. its like a generic dollar store one, pink dye and its totally bfn.

thanks again ladies!
#9 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Well, don't count yourself out yet!  Dollar store tests are a joke and the other tests look like there's a possibility.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page