Acupuncture Success Stories - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 02-16-2011, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can you please share your acupuncture success stories with me?  I start treatment on Monday and I'm really praying that it is what finally does the trick!!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#2 of 17 Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM

I have my first appointment tomorrow.   I was orignially going to try Mayan abdominal massage but I'm still on the fence about it.  I found someone near me who specializes in it but its pricey.  If this doesn't work I'll do the massage next. 

Good luck to you!  I hope it works for the both of us.

#3 of 17 Old 02-17-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

My thoughts exactly!  I'm trying acupuncture first, then abdominal massage if the acupuncture doesn't work.  Good luck to you, too!!  winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather+mike2005 View Post

I have my first appointment tomorrow.   I was orignially going to try Mayan abdominal massage but I'm still on the fence about it.  I found someone near me who specializes in it but its pricey.  If this doesn't work I'll do the massage next. 

Good luck to you!  I hope it works for the both of us.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#4 of 17 Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Waiting for the BIG success... but Acupuncture has taken me from 2-3 cycles/year with bleeding that could last 3 months (and NO ovulation) to cycles that are 29-31 days and several O's! I've also gone from a BBT around 96.3 to 97.7 (pre-O average), then started synthroid, and now am off - (started symptoms of hyperthyroid after switching to a new herb formula), and BBT is staying up!  

Taking your herbs and following the dietary guidelines are super-important!  Best of luck!

Rainy

#5 of 17 Old 02-19-2011, 11:08 PM

I have a success story! I also had really super long cycles with delayed, or sometimes no ovulation. Acupuncture got my cycle down to 35 days during the first month, and I got pregnant with DS on month 4. My acupuncturist told me it would take 4-6 months and so I was thrilled!!!

I am starting back to acupuncture this Tuesday actually, hoping for it to work a second time. This time around though, I'm older and 30 lbs fatter, so I just hope it will still work. Plus it is a different practitioner!

I hope you have the same success that I did. I also took herbs from her as well. I seriously never felt so relaxed as I did when I was going. Good luck!!

#6 of 17 Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both for sharing!  I have super irregular cycles (27-45 days) and my O is usually around CD 20 or later so I'm hoping that in the very least it regulates my cycle.  So glad to hear that there is some positive results of TCM!  I'm not quite ready for "medical" intervention yet so I'm praying this works.

Thanks again!! :)

#7 of 17 Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know I shared on the one thread, but I started acupuncture (for fertility) 6 weeks ago. My cycles have been regular since d/c Nuvaring Oct 2009, but we were NTNP since then with no luck so when we tried every other night all of September and Oct with no BFP, I started treatment right after the New Year. I feel more relaxed and less anxious overall. I started TCM after O this past cycle. My LP was a day longer, with less spotting- but I am also taking b-complex & was taking vitex, so I'm not sure what is responsible. No BFP, but we really didn't try last month, as we are waiting until April now. I am trying to have faith in the process, I know from experience for other ailments that acupuncture does work, so I know I'll get there with TTC. I hope you will share your journey, it is really nice to have someone to share what they go through. Good Luck tomorrow, tell us how it goes!

As for the abdominal massage, again I just shared this in the 'one thread', but I went for the first time last Wednesday. I think just doing things to prepare my body is what is keeping me busy while I wait for AF to pass 2 more times! It is a distraction anyway. My husband is finding that trying NOT to conceive is becoming a very expensive habit! At least TTC was just an 'active' habit- but BDing is FREE!  Anyway, the practitioner I saw was fantastic, she is a nurse turned Acupuncturist who also specializes in Arvigo massage, she has been trained with Rosita Arvigo- who introduced the practice to the USA. Anyway, she knew from first touch that my uterus was tipped the the left and slouched, which explained my ovulation bleeding and cramping every other month. She also said that my uterus responded very well & taught me self-care to work on for the 2 months. I'm hoping that it makes a difference. I wish I could test it out!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#8 of 17 Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM

How did your appointment go, Anna?  I have my second tomorrow.

#9 of 17 Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

It went great!  Thank you for asking. :)  The acupuncturist did an exam that included an AcuGraph scan.  The scan showed that there isn't anything wrong with my major organs (at least energy-wise) and that the imbalances were in my neck/shoulders and sinus area.  I had a treatment and have been feeling great.  My next treatment is this week, but already, after one treatment my O date has moved up 5-6 days!  I just can't believe it.  I'm super excited for my next appt to see what the dietary and supplement recommendations are, if any.

How was your second appt?

Quote:

How did your appointment go, Anna?  I have my second tomorrow.

#10 of 17 Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

It's official, my O date moved from an average CD20 to CD15 after just ONE acupuncture appt!  I'm so happy, I could cry!  joy.gif

#11 of 17 Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 AM

That's great, Anna!  My second appt went well.  This time, I had tiny jumper cables attached to the needles for extra stimulation.  I'm due for AF on 3/5 so we'll see what happens.  I have to admit, I don't feel the wicked PMS symptoms I usually would be feeling about now.  I did mention it when I went for my first appointment so maybe it's just the acupuncture...but I'd like to think it's because I'm pg!  We'll see.  I have my fingers crossed for you. 

I'm really hoping this is the cycle because my dr wants me to get a battery of blood work and an HSG if nothing happens this time around.  I would really prefer not to go the invasive route if I don't have to.  Plus, the idea of the HSC just plain scares me.

#12 of 17 Old 03-02-2011, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Oh geez, an HSG scares me too.  I'll probably look into it in about a year or so.  If 6 months of acupuncture doesn't work I'm going to try Mayan womb massage.  I guess I'm really, really avoiding medical intervention because that means I may be "broken" and I really don't want to accept that.  :o(  Anyway, the acupuncture seems to be doing something so far.  Aside from my earlier O, my temps are higher post-O as well. 

Let me know what happens on 3/5!!  I'm testing on the 10th which will be 10dpo for me.

#13 of 17 Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 AM

Bah.  Back to the drawing board for me.  AF showed up today.  That's ok, though.  It's a new day, right?  I definitely will try that massage in a few months if this doesn't work. 

How are things going for you.  My fingers are crossed!

#14 of 17 Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Oh no!  I'm so sorry.  I've got my 3rd acupuncture appt this morning - at 7 dpo.  I'm trying to stay optimistic, but of course, after as long as it's been it's really hard.  

Quote:

Bah.  Back to the drawing board for me.  AF showed up today.  That's ok, though.  It's a new day, right?  I definitely will try that massage in a few months if this doesn't work. 

How are things going for you.  My fingers are crossed!

#15 of 17 Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Hey all, just wanted to give my 2 cents about HSG testing. I had one done 2 months ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. No it's not comfortable and yes I was sore/crampy for about 2 days after, but it is really useful information and just having the test is supposed to increase your chance of conceiving as it "flushes" out your tubes.

Me 28, DW 32 partners.gif Married since 2008. Mom to 2 kitties and a dog. Expecting #1 July 2012.
#16 of 17 Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM

Just a quick update, after only ONE acupuncture appt I ovulated! And, I'm just a teeny bit hopeful that this might even be my cycle, after all this time, because I am having some cramping that is very VERY unusual for me, for the past 4-5 days, and I don't know, it just seems like it might be. I'm scared to hope, but at the same time, I am anyway.

I'm supposed to have my 2nd acu appt on Thursday of this week. I think it's too early for me to test before then or that day. But girls, please wish me luck. I would love to be a TWO time success story. I am so happy either way, that after 3 months, I finally ovulated after just one appt. Hallelujah!

#17 of 17 Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Woo hoo!  joy.gif  Just one appt did wonders for me too. I'm a believer now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom View Post

Just a quick update, after only ONE acupuncture appt I ovulated! And, I'm just a teeny bit hopeful that this might even be my cycle, after all this time, because I am having some cramping that is very VERY unusual for me, for the past 4-5 days, and I don't know, it just seems like it might be. I'm scared to hope, but at the same time, I am anyway.

I'm supposed to have my 2nd acu appt on Thursday of this week. I think it's too early for me to test before then or that day. But girls, please wish me luck. I would love to be a TWO time success story. I am so happy either way, that after 3 months, I finally ovulated after just one appt. Hallelujah!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page