TTC #2 and Progesterone levels.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my progesterone drawn @ 10 dpo and the nurse said it was 10.55 which was normal. I also had my thyroid and prolactin checked which she also said was normal. my hcg was negative. first month TTC #2. We have gotten pg before 2x with no problems, one shot deals so to speak and those pregnancies were not planned. I am 28 and DH 32. Neither smoke or drink. I had my doc run these tests b/c I was worried that my progesterone might be low b/c my temps in my Luteal phase sometimes dip right to or below the coverline, and they have been doing this for a while now, but I didnt think much of it before. Now that we want to get pregnant , I rather know if something is wrong sooner than later. We are a very fertile family. DH's dad had 6 kids and my mom 3, all without much effort. I have heard its best to get progesterone levels chceked around 7-8 DPO to be most accurate. I would think, if my levels were over 10 @ 10 dpo they would have been higher at 7 or 8 dpo right? i am so new to all of this. the nurse said I can call her to set up more bloodwork for next cycle at around 7 dpo, to make me feel better since we didnt catch it early enough this cycle. I know we have been only trying this one month, but we want to get pregnant soon and really didnt think about it not working the first time b/c we have had such easy times before without trying.

Any info is really appreciated. thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 PM

10 is a little low if you've had a good ovulation -- anything less than 10 and I'd say you have a progesterone problem, but you probably just didn't have a very strong O.  If you don't conceive, progesterone generally stays under 20 until you get AF.

#3 of 3 Old 02-20-2011, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Ok so is this something I should be worried about then? I am planning on going back next cycle a little early, 7-8 dpo to have it re tested, as that is when its ideal. This time I had it tested at 10 dpo in the afternoon around 330pm

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page