The Fiercely Fortuitously Fantastically ***FERTILE*** ~ONE THREAD~ 2.20-2.26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for February 20-26!!!!

joy.gifmakebabe.gif joy.gif

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper
 please let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

amberbella

baileyann3

becoming 
CNM2B
cygknit
femmeknitzi
HopefullyMama
impchild 
Jaclyn7  
musicoholic  
slimkins
Sourire 
Stevi  
Taxlady
truemeli
urchin_grey
vtechmom BFPChart2.gif

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2ww) headscratch.gif
Attached2Elijah 
Calycanth   
Gemmine 
Hykue  
Kay99
ktbug87 BFPChart2.gif
littlest birds 
Lydiah 
Mummoth 
nishag 
PatchChild
TalkToMeNow BFPChart2.gif
TTCChloeOrConner 
Veronika01
VJSJ

Xerxella 

shrug.gifWaitin' and Marinatin'shrug.gif

MommyMatsumoto 

af.gifWaiting for Aunt Floaf.gif

blowkiss.gifWaiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating partner to be readyblowkiss.gif

jojobean    

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

crazykittymomma

chicajones

gozal

RoseRed

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

brichole1214

sleepingbeauty

cbaa2010

vivica2 

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

heartbeat.gifFebruary BFP's!heartbeat.gif

not_telling 

DomerJen 

Nicolian 

heartbeat.gifJanuary BFP's!heartbeat.gif

yellowdart 

ValH 

MelungeonMW  

Mommy2b4

LovingBaby

FarmerCathy

heartbeat.gifDecember BFPs!heartbeat.gif

rockymtnmama BFPChart2.gif

LadyJennifer 

love4bob

Sarah2881

~savah~

jillybeans

callieollie

bonadl2

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#2 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread, Amanda.

Mamabutterfly, congrats!!!!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#3 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats again to mamabutterfly!  (Wanted to start the thread out on a positive note.) :)

So I'm stressing about my temps. They haven't been high at all post-O. Then, this morning, I got a super low temp. Way below the coverline. FF actually took my crosshairs away (but I discarded the temp.) However, I took it at 5am when I woke up to pee... I'd had some to drink that night and went to bed super late, slept with the window open, had just drank some water, blah blah blah. I'm trying to justify my low temp, but I'm worrying that I didn't really O... just got ready to and then it didn't happen. In which case, I'm going to throw myself a big fat pity party.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see.......

ETA: I just overlayed my charts... I have a slow rise. Temps are exactly the same as last month, just no big drop. 

#4 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations mamabutterfly! H&H 9 months to you, Your DH is going to be floored!

Heidi: I'm so sorry the witch showed up, I was really pulling for you this month :( But you said that you have a 2nd chance for a November due date, right? Still crossing my fingers that is the one!

Amanda: It sounds like your temp was probably low for a lot of reasons, if it goes back up tomorrow it will probably give you your crosshairs back. I get so anxious in the 2ww I feel like my temps are always off b/c I wake up so many times in the night.

Nothing new here, had my mom visiting for the weekend. Feeling positive about the next 2 months, although I'm wishing my cycles would go back to 25-28 days instead of last months 31-- if this keeps up I will have to add another week to when we try again... I am glad my LP has gotten 'longer' (still spotting), but I wish it didn't take my O day with it!

Also, for anyone thinking about Arvigo/Abdominal massage, I went on Wednesday. Turns out my uterus is slouched and tipped to the left, squishing my left ovary. The tipping explains why I only feel O pain on the left and get ovulation bleeding every other month, the slouching explains why I get such excruciating cramps and back pain with AF. Also one of my illiac (spelling?) nerve/veins(?) was pinched by my tailbone on the left side. I learned all of the home care techniques and breathing exercises. I go back to be re-evaluated next month. In my opinion it was worth every penny. I like to know that while I'm just sitting around waiting I am doing something to better myself. Also, the self care is very relaxing & like a meditation, it gives me time to reflect every day on my long term goal. I'm hoping that and Acupuncture & TCM do the trick, 2 more AF's until we try again :) Halfway there!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#5 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congrats mamabutterfly!!

TTMN~ I hope tomorrow clarifies things for you!

I had a weird night/morning. Poor DD was up a lot coughing her brains out... at 2:30AM, we were sitting in the kitchen having a popsicle :) I woke up at 5:30, took my temp & it was 36.6. At my usual temping time, it was down to 36.3 and when I finally dragged my butt out of bed at 9AM, it was back up to 36.6. No idea what temp to use... for now I put in 36.6 because it's a post-O temp and I haven't had ovulation pain today.... but I am GROUCHY!! My standard line to SO is "I'm in a bad mood, but I'm hiding it so well, I'm sure you haven't noticed!" (I am NOT hiding it well) This is such a  typical ovulation sign for me, I probably should have gone with the lower temp. Depending on what happens tomorrow morning, I may change it. Anyway, I ordered chinese food, so all will be well soon.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#6 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Congratulations MamaButterfly!

I'm 3DPO, just kind of hanging out, bitter because my VIP membership expired right when it was time to analyze all of my ovulation signs, etc. haha

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#7 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 06:03 PM

Congratulations mamabutterfly!

Thanks for the new thread!

NishaG momsling.GIF - Wife to Big K for 20 years - Mama to KJ and KC, and our 1st baby girl, KS, born 1/20/12 familybed1.gif diaper.gif!

#8 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 06:05 PM

Congrats Mamabutterfly!

Well, I haven't been on the past few days.  DD has been so very sick.  She is already small to begin with (2 years old and 21 pounds.  She eats, she is just very little) so a vomiting, diarrhea sickness with her is enough to make my hair fall out with worry.  But, she has turned a corner for the better after much rehydration, now we are working on condensed nutrition (pediasure).  I got sick with what she had last night.  So glad that DP isn't sick and can do more with the kiddos.  I think mine is over for the most part and now we just hope and pray DS doesn't get it....

This may be a little wierd, but as I was dry heaving last night for the third hour, I wondered if I could handle another pregnancy where I was sick?  I mean I know I WOULD handle it, but I was so sick with DD and there was a lot of stress with that you know? I couldn't DO anything but lay around and do bare minimal things.   Although if I did end up with morning sickness I think I would actively research methods to calm it.

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family
#9 of 119 Old 02-20-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean View Post

This may be a little wierd, but as I was dry heaving last night for the third hour, I wondered if I could handle another pregnancy where I was sick?  I mean I know I WOULD handle it, but I was so sick with DD and there was a lot of stress with that you know? I couldn't DO anything but lay around and do bare minimal things.   Although if I did end up with morning sickness I think I would actively research methods to calm it.

I, too, think of this quite often... I, thankfully, wasn't sick with my DD but had hypermesis with DS and ended up with a hole in my esophagus from so much throwing up. But I worry that I might get it again with a 3rd pregnancy and trying to take care of two kids with it would be really hard. I wish I knew why I didn't get it with DD so I could make sure to do it the same next time but honestly, I just think every pregnancy is different so maybe I won't get it this time around again. Here's hoping we both don't! 

Today is 4dpo and I am having some mild cramping that feels like AF, been sleeping like a baby and some weird right side cramping (usually only EVER have left side)... but I doubt it means anything.... I am having some good feelings for a November baby and have for a few months... I don't know why. I doubt it will happen but I guess we'll see! 

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#10 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 06:42 AM

Good morning ladies!!! Thanks for the new Thread!!!

I just need to vent this morning...and I'm sure it's going to sound petty but I need a sounding board and you poor ladies are always wonderful with listening! LOL

Ok, so me, DH, & our DDs were all planning on going to Disney World this summer with my parents and my twin brother, his wife and their 3 kids. Well, we were all supposed to rent a condo together and stay a few miles away from the parks so that it would be cheaper on everyone else since we are trying to buy this new house and my brother and sister in law just financed a 2004 Mercury SUV.  Well, last night my mom TEXTS me DOESN"T EVEN CALL to tell me that she and my sister in law have talked about it and they want to stay inside the park now!!! WTH!!! Then she says that she didn't think that me and my DH were planning on going since we were buying the house and that they were going to take my oldest DD with them.  When I told her I had our trip budgeted (not sure if that's the correct spelling lol) she said ok. Text me and told me that it would be about $900 plus gas and food which i can budget food VERY well!! Then about 20 minutes later she texts me again and this is what she wrote word for word::::"ok, i miss calculated before with food and gas it will be about $2500 for you tony and jayde. The package is $1554 and the other is for gas and food". Then when i told her that there's no way that I can go for that amount she sent me this "Its not that I don't want you to go but we don't want this trip to put you guys in a bind we can take jayde with us and when we take emma in a few years then you guys can go and this will give you some time to save up and you will have or will just be moving into your new home and that will take a little money for curtains, rugs and stuff like that"  Then has my DADDY call me and try to make me feel bad for telling then that I won't let jayde go with them because me and her daddy are divorced and so we have to split the summers which means i'll be missing out on one of the two weeks that i have with her in june and That just ticks me off.  I don't want to have to go a day without seeing her but i know that i have to be fare to her dad because he is good to her.  Her comment about it costing money to move into a new house just blew me away...like i don't know that we are going to have to put out some money for our new house!!! But really, my house will have all carpet in the living room and bedrooms so why the HECK would I need a rug, I have curtains now in my house that i'm living in and those are curtains that WE bought so I'm taking them with me.  It's not like i'm starting out in a new house with absolutely NOTHING, I am living in a house at this time that everything other than the fridge will be coming with me.  Then for my mom to get mad at me because I want to see my daughter during the time that she's supposed to be with me and not want her to go to another state 600 miles away from me for a full week when she already has separation anxiety issues as it is?  I just couldn't believe that they went behind my back to make these plans without even talking to me first and then to not even have the BALLS to call me to talk to me about?  She had to TEXT me?  That's just crazy.

What makes matters worse is that this Friday is mine and my twin brother's birthday and so Saturday night my family is having a get together for us at my grandparents house...and me and my mom STILL aren't talking to each other on good terms.  Then I'm going to have to deal with my family critising me over my choice to have a house built.  I'm so ready to say screw it because i obviously can't do anything that makes my parents happy!!! 

OH, And another thing, i finally applied for my FAFSA so I could go back to school this summer or this fall and when I told my mom that I want to go to the Paul Mitchell Beauty School here in Huntsville she was like "Why would you wanna do a thing like that? They don't make any money doing that!!" REALLY?  My mom is going to tell me that that's a "low standard" job more or less and that I would be NOTHING if i did that job.  WOW i'm not in it for the money, i want to go to school to learn how to do hair, make up and about fashion because I WANT to learn it.  BLAH

This was the weekend from HECK and I just have a feeling that next weekend won't be any better!! Which bites because that's my birthday weekend and I don't want to remember my 27th birthday as the one where everyone stopped talking to me forever!!!

Sorry for such a long post and for going off...i am just tired and frustrated.  I can't do anything right in my families' eyes yet my twin brother and his wife LOSE their house 2 years ago to forclosure, get their van reposessed, and yet they supported them when they traded in a car that was PAID FOR for on that they are having to make payments on again!!!!  I just really don't understand how my family works or thinks...but they've been that way mine and my brother's entire life.  They could of cared less if i made c's or d's on my report cards i never got grounded for them...but my brother would make a c and they'd go crazy and tell him that he could do better.  I never ONCE got that speech from them. I might of tried harder my Freshman and Sophomore years in school had they pushed me a little more...but it wasn't until i was a Junior that I actually started working hard to make a's and b's and from then on out i never made below a B in any class!!!  And it wasn't because my parents pushed me but my boyfriend at the time (my x-dh) who was pushing me so hard.  I just keep seeing more and more stuff as I look back that shows that things have always been different for me and my brother...and they've always treated him SO much better than they treat me.  I know it's a pitty party right now, and it's petty, and I'm 27 almost and I should just get over it but they are my FAMILY!  I was always brought up to love and honor your family especially respect your elders but right now I feel like I could just tell them all off and never talk to them again and I would be ok.  I use to call my mom every day and she would talk to me and now if I call her to talk about the new house she has to get off the phone as soon as we start talking about it or she changes the subject really fast.

They think that me and DH are just STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE!!!

anyways, thanks again for letting me be a sounding board!!! Hope everyone has a better day than my weekend was!!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#11 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 07:40 AM

Congrats, mamabutterfly!

Oh, and I was mistaken. I was thinking not_telling started the last thread. Nevermind what I said before. Hopefully the luck of the threadstarter will continue for you TTMN. And the rest of you as well. :)

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#12 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Sorry Brichole - Family really sucks sometimes.  Vent away.....

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#13 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Sorry Brichole - Family really sucks sometimes.  Vent away.....

: )  Thank you!!! And you're right they do suck sometimes!!!  My mom has since said she's sorry for the way she was last night and that she wants all of us to get along.  She's agreed to pay for DD's tickets for Disney World now and so i'm going to let her go down there a few days early with my mom and then me and DH are going to meet them down there and just stay in another hotel so that we won't be out as much money and i won't have to be off of work but 3 days that way too.  I have to think about making that first house payment in July so...yeah...lol....I just hate when things get so heated!  Everyone blows up at each other for not much of anything and I know that I might have over reacted but i would LOVE for them to be just as excited about me buying my house as they were for my brother and sister in law when they bought their house 5 years ago!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#14 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Can I be moved to Waiting to Know, please? I don't have crosshairs yet, but it's pretty obvious I O'ed. I think we have an excellent chance this time around. 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#15 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Looks like I'm in waiting to know. Oops. Didn't plan for that but accidents happen. Unfortunately, it's more like a three week wait for me since I O on day 10. Twiddling my thumb, imagining symptoms, then rationalizing them away again. DH wont know what to do if we are having another. I figure it'd be better to hope and fear here, rather than stress him for potentially nothing.
#16 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchChild View Post

Looks like I'm in waiting to know. Oops. Didn't plan for that but accidents happen. Unfortunately, it's more like a three week wait for me since I O on day 10. Twiddling my thumb, imagining symptoms, then rationalizing them away again. DH wont know what to do if we are having another. I figure it'd be better to hope and fear here, rather than stress him for potentially nothing.

Why would Oing on CD 10 make you have to wait three weeks instead of two? 

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#17 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 10:19 AM

It's three weeks from O to my next period. Past experience says that I won't show on a stick until my period is due. So unfortunately, three week wait. One week down, two to go.
#18 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Brandy - I'm glad you and your family found a good compromise. I can sympathise with you about what's going on with you and your brother... my parents have always treated my younger brother differently than me... it's nowhere near as bad as what you have gone through, but I tend to get angry and jealous as well. All my life I was top of my class and did really amazing it school (got all kinds of awards, etc)... meanwhile my brother barely passed his classes. Yet they would spend all their time bragging to friends and family that my brother was a genius and that he was just too smart to care about school, and nobody ever said a THING about how well I was doing. To this day I still get jealous of my brother... he always steals my thunder. When DH and I announced our engagement, my brother decided to propose to his gf 1 month later and have his wedding 2 months after mine... which meant that our extended family (who don't live in the same city as either of us) had to choose between our weddings because most of them couldn't afford to go to both. I asked him after he announced his engagement whether he had been planning to propose for a long time, and he said no he only thought of it when I got engaged!!! At the time he proposed his gf was only 20 years old and she wasn't even in a rush to get married!

#19 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 AM

hey ladies, i'm a long time lurker...should have started yesterday or maybe today (cycle day 29), but had an extra test laying around so i thought i would go for it. it's a first response digital test.     it says...YES+

oh my goodness, i'm going back out for more tests..we've been trying without trying too hard for 5 months, my daughter is 2 1/2 and i'm ready for another one, but i'm also ocd about freaking that something will go wrong, etc.  look forward to chatting and letting you all know what happens.

kelly

I'm Kelly, Mom to Merryn 7/28/08 and twins Luke & Thad born 9/26/2011
Can It Get Any Better Than This? Well, I guess it just did!joy.gif

#20 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 AM

That bites!! I can't believe that your brother would do such a thing to you!!!  He should feel ashamed!!! My brother and sister in law did that to me when me and my x-h were trying for another baby. Their youngest child at the time was 9 months old and they got pregnant with their son they say "on accident" but bull crap...they knew they were fertile mertiles!!!! I'm not knocking them for having kids only 18 months apart i'm just saying they knew I wanted my second child...they already had  their second child and to top it off they not only had the first grandchild (which was their oldest daughter) they also had the first grandson!!!! It was so frustrating!!! And even though me and my x-h split for good a year after will was born i still started trying to get pregnant with my current dh the next october and it took me so long to get pregnant...i felt so bitter towards  them forever!  I'm happy yet sad that you understand where i'm coming from though!!! I just wish the little green monster would run and hide forever!!! Because it's been killing me all my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Brandy - I'm glad you and your family found a good compromise. I can sympathise with you about what's going on with you and your brother... my parents have always treated my younger brother differently than me... it's nowhere near as bad as what you have gone through, but I tend to get angry and jealous as well. All my life I was top of my class and did really amazing it school (got all kinds of awards, etc)... meanwhile my brother barely passed his classes. Yet they would spend all their time bragging to friends and family that my brother was a genius and that he was just too smart to care about school, and nobody ever said a THING about how well I was doing. To this day I still get jealous of my brother... he always steals my thunder. When DH and I announced our engagement, my brother decided to propose to his gf 1 month later and have his wedding 2 months after mine... which meant that our extended family (who don't live in the same city as either of us) had to choose between our weddings because most of them couldn't afford to go to both. I asked him after he announced his engagement whether he had been planning to propose for a long time, and he said no he only thought of it when I got engaged!!! At the time he proposed his gf was only 20 years old and she wasn't even in a rush to get married!

#21 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

It is hard not to feel that way with siblings. My DH and I were together for 4 years before we got engaged, my brother in law proposed to my sister 3 DAYS after we got engaged-- after dating for 11 months. They set their wedding date for 8 weeks before mine. I am 3 years younger than her, but COME ON! Talk about thunder stealing!

She had her first DD last Oct. We are still trying. Im not in a rush (most days!) but it was sad to see time come and go with no BFP. So now, we wait again...

I can commiserate with you both though. I am glad that things are working out for Brichole, I hope that your trip ends up wonderful! Also, I would have LOVED a new house, but in New England, and especially in my town, you can't get one for less than 750,000 and that was out of our budget.  So enjoy every minute of planning your new house, it will be worth it. I think some times you just have to understand that a lot of people realize that you are just as good or better than your sibling, and be proud of yourself!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#22 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM

Merryns.Mom: that is GREAT news!  I think a YES on a digital is fairly conclusive....so happy and healthy nine months to you!!! joy.gif

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family
#23 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM

Sourire:  (And maybe brichole but I couldn't tell!)  It sounds like you have good child syndrome.  When I was growing up my dad made a point of saying how pretty my sister was all of the time.  I don't think  he ever told me I was pretty, really, not once.  I assumed for a very very long time that this was because I was funny-looking, and since he couldn't say anything nice he chose to say nothing at all.  More recently it has ocurred to me that it's possible that he assumed I knew - I was the thin sister, so I didn't have a load of societal crap telling me I was imperfect, whereas my sister hit puberty extremely early (so felt very obtrusive) and has a big build, so he felt that she might need the reassurance.  Incidentally, she is beautiful, and now I can see that I'm pretty too.  I think it's pretty common for the "bad" child (which was definitely my sister) to get way more attention and praise, because parents feel that they need to focus on the good and defend their child from the way people probably perceive them.  The "good" child, who does well in school, doesn't party, holds off on having boyfriends, or whatever their parents want from their child, gets less attention, because they don't seem to need it.  The squeaky wheel really does get the grease.  The funny thing is that, in the case of my sister and I, she thought that my parents favored me, while I was thinking that they favored her.  Partly this is just because I will ask for things, if I think it's reasonable.  She just kind of assumed that she wouldn't get things, so she didn't ask - like I got a computer when I graduated, because I asked my parents for one if I maintained very high grades.  They agreed that they would do that, and they set the grade I had to make to do it.  My sister thought that was monstrously unfair - she didn't get offered a computer, she could have gotten good grades if there was something in it for her!  Of course, the wedding thing is another beast.  It sounds like your brother never grew out of needing that attention to stay focused on him, and never figured out a more helpful way to do that than by stealing it from you.  Sorry.  I also wanted to mention to you - good for you for being proactive about your fertility, but don't give up yet!  My sister got very depressed in her eighth month of trying and thought it was never going to happen, and she called my mom crying . . . my mom told her that it took her 10 months to get pregnant with my sister, although with me (her second) it only took one month.  And my sister got pregnant the very next month, in her 9th month of trying.  My neice is now nearly 2.5 years old!  You're still well within the range of the normal variation for time-to-get-pregnant . . . although I know it feels like an eternity.  You're still smart to go and get checked out, because it can't hurt, and you have every right to feel despondent, so don't beat yourself up if you do, but at the same time . . . don't!  It will happen for you, soon enough.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#24 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 07:06 PM

I've already started BDing, and I was still spotting this morning! I hope this is a good sign for an active cycle!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#25 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone! I want to respond to all the posts, but I'm too wiped out. Just had a quick note: browsing through the linked charts in the 2ww (cause I'm a chart stalker) and it seems like I have quite a few cycle buddies! I'm 5 dpo... seemed like there were a bunch of 4, 5, and 6 dpo ladies. Woo!

#26 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Talktome - I'm 4 dpo, so we're definitely cycle buddies!  And, I'm an early tester.  If my temps don't start dropping, I'll test on 9dpo, which for me is Saturday.  Good luck!!!!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#27 of 119 Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Hello everyone!  

Thank you for the new thread!  I hope everyone had a "reproductive" weekend, as Stevi would say!  CONGRATS to the BFPS!!  HUGS to the ones AF got.

AFM:  Just got home from being with J all weekend.  I'm hanging on to this one!  We laid around talking about our life goals and how many kids we want and where we should live and all those little things...watching Six Feet Under, making love (as opposed to just going at it--you know what I mean.  There's a difference...).  Went to a tuba recital and ate a ton of mac and cheese and sushi.  His friends dropped off two little bottles of red wine and glasses....  What a weekend!  *melts*  Know what the coolest part is?  He loves me just as much as I love him: TONS!joy.gif

Only 11 days until I go on Spring Break and I get to stay with him all week.  Too bad AF will show her ugly face on the Tuesday of that week... (I'll go on Friday night, stay until the next weekend, we'll go down to our hometown together for Easter, I'll go home for school for the week and come back down for the St. Pat's parade.  Then we'll both leave the same day.)

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#28 of 119 Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 AM

Merrynsmom - congrats! I hope you have a great pregnancy!

sleepingbeauty - you know your life sounds like one of those romantic comedies where this guy was just desperately hoping you would break it off with your fiancé so he could get a chance with you!

Re - sibling jealousy : I do have to say in my brother's defense that I am 100% sure he didn't PURPOSELY try to take over my special time, he is just generally clueless about these kinds of things and it probably never even remotely occurred to him that I might be upset! That didn't stop me from being annoyed at his thoughtlessness though! Anyways he and his new wife are now TTC as well and I have to say that I would be pretty upset again if she got pregnant first but she has PCOS so she might have some trouble, poor girl. I guess we are all in the same boat.

Hykue, thanks for the encouragement...but honestly I think I have been deluding myself into thinking my LP is 10 days long because the "spotting" that I sometimes have starting at 7DPO tends to be more red than brown and I occasionally have to change my pad more than once on days that I'm spotting! I have now faced the fact that my LP is truly only 6 days long and that the chances of getting pregnant under these circumstances are slim to none! I actually feel a lot more hopeful now that I have decided to get medical help for this problem since I think that otherwise I would just be wasting my time! A lot of well-meaning friends of mine who have had trouble TTC have given me the advice that you just have to persevere and not give up, which is probably great advice for people who don't have anything wrong with them but in my case I do have something wrong with me and I think that getting it fixed ASAP would be much more useful (and less depressing) than perservering!

#29 of 119 Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 AM

Talktomenow and Xerxella: I'm 5DPO today, shall we buddy up? orngbiggrin.gif

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#30 of 119 Old 02-22-2011, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Totally! I'm 6DPO. Xerxella, I like how you embrace your early testing! I need to adopt your attitude. I always end up testing even though I say I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmine View Post

Talktomenow and Xerxella: I'm 5DPO today, shall we buddy up? orngbiggrin.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page