Bajingo in the Spring-O! TTC#1 in Our 30s - March - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 344 Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry for anothre frly by.... migraine & cant' see straintt. Cah someone be a chart whisperer? I usually have crosshairs by now. Love you guys!

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#332 of 344 Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 PM

TT - I can't see your chart from the URL in your signature?

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#333 of 344 Old 04-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Ack! Oops, I changed my url and forgot to update here! Try now.

Also, apologies to everyone for the garbled-ness of my last post. Not only did I have a migraine, but I took a muscle relaxer, some tylenol, and a zyrtec... the combination was something that I shouldn't repeat in the future. I was pretty out of it and needed my hubby to help me from my chair to the sofa where I promptly passed out and slept it off. bigeyes.gif That earned me a lovely lecture from my husband about taking substances while TTC.

The good news is that my headache is pretty much gone. The bad is that I'm still a bit groggy. And annoyed. I could have done without the lecture... I've avoided pretty much all meds except tylenol until this past week. My doc okayed both muscle relaxer and zyrtec as safe to take and I have taken them without adverse effects until today. I think it was just the timing and perhaps how empty my stomach was or something.

Ugh. I think I'm headed back to bed soon. sleepytime.gif

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#334 of 344 Old 04-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

smile.gif  Just joining the thread.  DH have been talking about TTC and I think we are ready to take the plunge.  I am 34 and will be 35 in June.  Waiting for birth control pills to get out of the system then we are all go!  I guess I need to post more to be able to get a signature, but the little pictures and information is cool

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#335 of 344 Old 04-02-2011, 06:54 PM

Welcome lilacvioletiris! I hope your stay here is short, but you enjoy it while it lasts. 

Ps. I kind of want to call you "flowers" for short. :) 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#336 of 344 Old 04-02-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Welcome lilacvioletiris! I hope your stay here is short, but you enjoy it while it lasts. 

Ps. I kind of want to call you "flowers" for short. :) 

Just call me Carla.  Lilacs, violets, and irises are my favorite flowers.  Too bad DH didn't like the purple bedroom decor I had before we got married. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#337 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 05:33 AM

#338 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 AM

I *love* irises. I am trying my hand at growing flowers this year, for the first time. Once I'm confident I can do the easier stuff, I'm going to make a bed of irises. They are just gorgeous.

Just posted a thread about my weekend accomplishment, a new flower bed! http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1306560/new-flower-bed-advice-and-suggestions-welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

Just call me Carla.  Lilacs, violets, and irises are my favorite flowers.  Too bad DH didn't like the purple bedroom decor I had before we got married. 

#339 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 09:36 AM

Tickletoes - I'm so sorry you had a migraine and I could tell you were in some serious pain in that post.  Still, you were thinking about TTC while having a migraine - you deserve some ARC love for that.  Also, I think your DH can relax.  My RE doctor has been really relaxed about having me take things that I thought were "off limits".  On Tuesday, he's giving me a large dose of Ibruprofen and a valium.  He also Ok'd the double does of benadryl when I got my Remicade for Crohn's... which is a class B drug that I'll be taking during my hopeful pregnancy fingersx.gif.  He's prescribed steroids now.. so while we don't want to do anything serious - I think a muscle relaxer, zyrtec and tylenol, while it may have made you a bit loopy - will not hurt your hopeful pregnancy fingersx.gif.  I honestly think the migraine would be worse than any of the things you took to help you feel better.  I HOPE YOU DO!  Get lots of sleep, when I got migraines, I know for me, even when the actual migraine was gone, I still felt wiped out from it.  Take good care and don't worry.. blowkiss.gif  Holy COW TT - that is a good looking chart!  Keep rising temp!!

WELCOME wave.gif Carla "purple flower".. I hope you enjoy this group and good luck on TTC journey!  I wish you a short stay TTC, but I'm looking forward to getting to know you!  Bootsvalentine is our threadkeeper and she'll give you a nice listing on the front page.  Do you chart?  I know I've found it helpful in TTC.. even though we're in the midst of IVF.  I had two friends stop BC and get pregnant right away.  Good luck!!

Northstar - sorry about AF, but third times the charm as they say!  dust.gif

Caly - you do not sound bitter... 3 announcements in one day is a tough pill to swallow.  The ARC should be showing you some love too!! What is this crap about weight???  Yeah, I hear that the internet will say anything.. blame it on the weight of a person.  I have a really good friend that got pregnant right away, but then she had gastric bypass and TTC has been much harder for her.  I think that weight is an excuse and I've not heard a word from any doctor about my weight or anything.  I was actually told once that being a little more cushiony would provide a better home for a baby!  I SWEAR.. my GI doctor told me that!!  Because I tend to lose a lot of weight when I have a flare-up she wanted me to wait until I gained some of it back... so pish posh on doctors that say weight has really anything to do with it.  BOOTS.. I hope you read this.. because I think our bodies all have a natural weight they want to be... there is nothing to be ashamed of and I don't think your doctor is going to point a finger of blame.  That's a bad doctor in my book.  HEALTHY is #1!! thumb.gif  Oh and p.s. isn't it natural to gain weight as we get older?  I mean, my only living grandma progressively got larger.. I swear she's 87 because she didn't put so much stock in staying thin.  She's hearty instead of frail.. and still ALIVE and being active!  I'm skinny when I'm sick and cushiony when I'm healthy.. 

Rosie - if you have this feeling.. (I had a feeling there may have been something up with the DH side and I ended up being right)..then I think you should go with your gut!  Finding out earlier is way better than hanging around like I did.  Knowledge is power (thanks VALH) and I have never met a doctor that wasn't thrilled to do more tests..lol.  Finding out sooner rather than later will put your mind at ease and closer to your BFP!!  

Cathelini - just saying hi!  You always have good things to say!!  thanks!

Birdie - I love your ticker!!  I'm just so happy you have a bun in the oven!!  How's the new house?

Valh - kid.gif just thought you needed my favorite smilie - hope you're hanging in there with your MIL this weekend.  

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#340 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 PM

hey guys!

just flying by! 

welcome carla/purple flowers!  I laughed....it reminds me of when I had many rescued guinea pigs and rabbits....I went through all flower names in many years...petunia, lily, violet, lavender, rosie, etc.

toes, glad you feel better! it was sooo obvious you needed to lie down!  winky.gif

taxi!  hi back!  thinking about you on tuesday and leading up to tuesday!goodvibes.gif

northstar, a delayed irked.gif for AF showing up...I hope the crappy feeling has started to fade....it always does for me after a day or two and i get ready for next cycle's hopes!

caly, i am so surrounded by pregnant ladies....you don't even know.  i think ya just gotta be happy for them and say only nice stuff and then privately remind yourself that it has nothing really to do with you....you can be happy and joyful for them and have to separate it from your own hopes...you know?  that's what i try to do.

hey birdie!  hey val! Ram!

rosie, so glad to hear you've been digging in the dirt! i'm not there but i've been mentally plotting!

i have to go clean my funky house. smooches!lips.gif 

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#341 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 PM

Charting, nope haven't started doing that particularly.  I hate thermometers and the thought of perusing my CM each day is well not quite what I had in mind while TTC.  For right now, I will note when AF comes.  As time goes on, I will just have to wait and see.

I have to laugh at my husband.  When I was reading threads last night, he leaned over on the couch, patted my tummy and whispered to it, "One at a time, One at a time!"  Someone had made an April Fool of being pregnant with triplet boys (when she is really only pregnant with one and we have all known for awhile with ultrasounds).  My husband isn't too excited about multiple births.

~Carla 

#342 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 03:07 PM

#343 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome, Carla!  I can't say I blame your husband.  Two (or more) babies at a time?  Eeek!

Hi Birdie!  I love the idea for the BJC Grads thread - I hope to be joining you there soon.  I'm glad you're enjoying your new house, and I hope you're able to find part-time work.  It sounds like working full-time might be a bit much with everything else you've got going on.

Taxlady, I'm not concerned about my weight being a factor with regards to fertility.  I just hate the way the medical establishment responds to overweight people.  How are you feeling about Tuesday?  I'm so hopeful that nine months from now we'll be welcoming little Taxbaby into the world!

TickleToes, I concur with the others who say your chart is looking good!  I'm glad you're feeling better - I've never had a migraine, but it sounds like pure misery.  I wouldn't worry about taking medications prior to getting a BFP.

wave.gif to Catheleni, Rosie, Boots, Ram, Val, Cristini, Hykue, and anyone I'm forgetting!

AF's visit seems to be drawing to a close, and I'm in a much better mood than I was last time I posted.  Today I saw an ad for a job (an academic advising position at a nearby university) that piqued my interest.  I'm certainly qualified, and I think I would really enjoy the work, but I feel apprehensive about applying.  There will undoubtedly be a lot of competition for the position, and I'm so tired of sending out applications only to get a form email (or, more frequently, nothing at all) in return... But, my chances are zilch if I don't apply, so I guess it's time to update my résumé.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#344 of 344 Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

new thread is up!

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page