#1 of 344 Old 02-28-2011, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

shamrocksmile.gif Conceiving  # in  Ou30's  March  2011 shamrocksmile.gif

Last Month's Thread

If You Would Like To Join, Welcome!
Please give us your age, when you started TTC,
and a link to your chart if you have one.
And feel free to share a bit more - we are a really friendly group!

Active Members

Username

TTC since

Chart

month posted

Ambers80 30 05/08 profile  BFPChart2.gif  1
Bel718 31 07/09 profile    3
birdie.lee 31 04/10 profile    3
boggles 33 02/10 profile    2
BootsValentine 32 06/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  3
Calycanth 30 03/10 profile    3
Cathelini 34 2009 profile   3
Ceccy 30 2006 profile    2
Femmeknitzi 29 12/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  2
Hykue 30 08/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  3
Laggie 35 08/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  11
Lalazap   12/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  1
Leilamom 32   profile    2
Lustrae 33 08/09 profile  BFPChart2.gif  1
Mrswoodpeka 32 03/10 profile    1
Mole 33 09/10 profile    1
nmouse 31 01/11 profile    2
Northstar 32 02/11 profile    3
Ramzubo 29 12/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  3
Rubygirl36 30 10/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  10
Rush2ady 38 12/10 profile    3
RosieL 29 02/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  3
Shellhawk 36 05/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  3
Tank

09/09

Taxlady 35 08/09 profile  BFPChart2.gif  3
Tickletoes 34 08/10 profile  BFPChart2.gif  3
Towgirl   09/10 profile                 10

Pregnant Graduates

• cristinimartini........................pos.gif at age 30...after 4 months  EDD 11/11 profile heartbeat.gif
  • Gemini13............................pos.gifat age 35...after 1 month  EDD 11/11 profile
  • nmouse........................ pos.gif at age 31 ...after 2 months EDD 11/11profile
  • JlyGrnMigt...................pos.gif at age 31 ...after 5 months EDD 09/11 profile
  • ValH....................................pos.gif at age 31...after 13 months EDD 09/11 profile  heartbeat.gif

HDSM......................... at age 32 ...after 1 month EDD 08/11

Tear78 .........................at age 31 ...after 2.5 years EDD 08/11 profile

meander ......................at age 37 ...after 13 months EDD 08/11 profile stork-boy.gif

Teetina .....................at age 31 ...after 11 months EDD 08/11 profile

Fertilemyrtle ............at age 32 ...after 4 months EDD 07/11 profile

LivingSky .................at age 30 ...after 6 months EDD 07/11 profilestork-boy.gif

annaconda ...............at age 31 ...after 2 months EDD 5/11profile
Shyentist ..................at age 30 ... after 7 months EDD 5/11 profile
Bolobear ...................at age 32 ... after 1 months EDD 5/11 profile
Nutter .......................at age 32 ... after 1 months EDD 5/11 profile
Elonwy .....................at age 32 ... after 3 months EDD 5/11 profile
Blanca78 ..................at age 32 ... after 13 months EDD 5/11profile
stork-girl.gif
lauraska ...................at age 32 ... after 4 months EDD 4/11 profile
cb718 ........................at age 33 ... after 2 months EDD 4/11 profile
Shabbers ..................at age 38 ... after 3 years EDD 4/11 profile
amp4piano ...............at age 3? ... after 5 months EDD 4/11 profile
Neuromancer ...........at age 33 ... after 1 month EDD 3/11 profile
rmiriam ....................at age 31 ... after 8 months EDD 3/11 profile
jtc77 ..........................at age 32 ... after 1 year EDD 3/11profile
IHeartMyFamily ......at age 31 ... after 1.5 years EDD 2/11 profile
Jenne ........................at age 32 ... after 1 year EDD 2/11 profile
PixelGeek..................at age 30 ... after 1 month EDD 11/10 profile

Mommy Graduates

2010's

Monarchgrrl, orandalady, grateful301, kmlcu, mollytommy, Adorkable

2009's

violet_, Suka, CareCare, Sju88b, shantiani, Peace+Hope, lissame72, KikaKika, Masel, zenproofstella, Wanting2BaMom, jacappell, joyakshi, Octobermoon, EarthMamaToBe, Cellist, berryblndgirl, beth28, carmen358, marinak1977, makeminepink, humptydumpty, Lillitu, Catubodua, PoetryLover, cocoanib, welshwife08, Katie34, lilviolet, starkyld, Poetgirl, Somegirl99,Taylah, Houla055 

2008's

Amahrey, jencat, Ms Sig, christigpa, ~sweet pea~, Nashvillemidwife, artsake, kJad29, elspethshimon, heinz28, nonsenseprecious, nalusj, musiclady, quasar & smartycat, tourist, penstamon, amymckinney, corikodjo, honeybunny65, fjkelly, tiggernorton04,sky_and_lavender 

2007's

Hazieluna, ATD Mom, Brightside, K9sarchik, Amberbella, Shibababy, jpiper0430, MajorGroover, Grace24, Hezzy, CowsRock, Kharen, Nico DeMouse, xenon, SarahJen, Suzywan, Phillybama, jentina, Jujubie, Writerbird, Melanie_rabbitbarn, Cicely_m, PinkOrchid2,Cking, Mandy 74, Anouk, GISDiva, Raingyrl, ChristyM26, Starlightsound, Palma, Rhon, 11yrsNoKid, Desilou, Nony,AngelaM, hae703, Radiowave, FiberLover, Scalpel, Zucchini, Funnygrace, VeganCupcake, Illaria

2006's

Farmama, PiePie, Dctexan, Greengrey & Beckyphry

List Maintenance:

This #1 In Your 30s Thread welcomes everyone who's interested to participate in this thread. You are welcome to come and go as you are able, just please be aware that in order to keep the list of members manageable, the username of those who haven't participated in the thread within the last 6 months will be removed. If your name is removed, you are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time. Graduates are listed indefinitely for the joy it brings!

Threadkeeping:

Members are most welcome to take a turn at threadkeeping for a month. It is easy and fun. All help you need will be happily given.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Boots: Thanks for the new thread!

Birdie.lee: Yay for + opk!

Shannon: After reading your post, I made hubby look at my chart on FF so he would be better informed, although he does have a vague idea. He did good till we got to the the box for CM, he had a hard time getting passed the "mucus" and totally reverted to being 15 again.

Rush2: Good luck with charting, after I got the hang of it I found it super helpful.

Taxlandy: hug2.gif hoping you find peace in whatever you decide.

AFM: Testing this morning and got a BFP!!!! Yay, come on sticky! Now that's the way to start off the March thread!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#3 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 07:01 AM

#4 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 07:43 AM

YAY!!!! Congratulations Ramzubo!!!!!

What a way to start off the month, indeed!! That's such an awesome high...I hope we keep the month going!!

Ramzubo, did you do anything different this month? Do you have any signs or symptoms that you can correlate to being pregnant? I hope this one sticks and you have a happy, healthy and quick 9 months!! Does your EDD put you close to being a potential 11-11-11 baby??

Taxlady, DH and I are almost at the "too much pressure" point too...this past weekend he said if by not doing it would he "mess up my project"? I was like "hold on. First of all this is not a project that is "mine", second of all, you can't mess anything up. If we get pregnant we get pregnant." He was drunk and tired, and I was annoyed, so it was a bad combination anyway. I had 4 days of blaringly positive OPK sticks, so I didn't know what was going on with my O day. I had to explain to him that since I had been on BCP for 15 years, this whole menstrual cycle on my own thing has me stumped. He understood and felt better...we did BD, but that was the last time. He tried last night but I brushed him off. LOL. I know you're not ready for the IVF route, but maybe it will make him feel better if things are in someone else's hands? Like now you'll have a doctor telling you what to do?

Shannon, that's cute about your DH! Mine says that about anything I complain about. I'm always like "nahhhh...."...I'm hoping for the one day I can say "Hey! Maybe you're right!"

Rush, where are you in New Jersey? I've used three different online charting sites. Fertility Friend (www.fertilityfriend.com) is really great, but after your trial, you have to pay for it. It's a nice place though, and worth the money. I'm still on a trial and will probably buy a year subscription after my days are up. I feel like once I do, I'll get pregnant and not need to chart anymore. Murphy's Law on my side?? biggrinbounce.gif The other two sites I use are Taking Charge of Your Fertility (www.tcoyf.com) and Fertility Ties (www.fertilityties.com). Both are always free, as far as I know. TCOYF is based on the book, and is a nice way to see your chart in a simple form. Some people include a whole lot of symptoms and notes and stuff. I just use it for the chart. It always looks a lot nicer than my FF charts because it rounds my numbers for me. Fertility Ties is a cool site because it sort of tells you what to do each day. Like now that I'm in the TWW, it tells me to do something nice for myself and relax. Or when it's a test day it will say "Take a test! Good luck!". Cute, but very no frills in my opinion.

AFM, I think my whole month is messed up. As I mentioned earlier, I had 4 days of definitely positive OPKs. Most were in the morning (sticks peed on at 11, 3, and 7). My 11 and 3 sticks were always quite dark, my 7pm ones were either negative or just barely positive...so maybe it was my water intake? I run in the evening and have a bottle of water while I do it, then pee. FF has my ovulation date as CD12 (making me 5DPO today)...I did drink grapefruit juice this month, so maybe that made my OPKs all out of sorts? It definitely messed with my mucus, so who knows. Might lay off it next month and stick to Pre-Seed only. I like that stuff! If CD12 is correct, my "chances" according to FF are "High". If it was CD11, the day before my temps went up (barely above coverline on CD12), then my chances are "good". This chart looks like my two other ones and I'm expecting a low temp tomorrow morning. This morning was the highest I think it's ever been since I've been charting? Or at least close! Unfortunately it's too early to mean anything. I'd be really excited if this was 15DPO and not 5. Oh well...there's always next month!

Hope everyone starts their March's off on a happy foot!! I can't wait for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!

To our pregnant ladies, how are you all feeling??? Give us a heads up on what to maybe expect one fine day....

#5 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 AM

Wow, what a way to start of the thread - YAY RAMZUBO!!!! Congrats!

i missed a lot over the past few days, and I tried to catch up on the old thread, but I'm sure I missed a lot, so I apologize for such few personal responses.

Boots - Yay for the new thread, thanks! And YAY for AF finally finding you! Good luck on figuring out what to do with the soy. I never used it, so I have no advise.

For whoever was talking about the CBE digi OPKs... I did always use FMU and got the smiley-man each month that way. The first month I used the CBE and Answer (in the afternoons) to make sure I didn't miss it... but once I got the smiley with the digi, I stuck with FMU on it (which is what the instructions call for... or holding your pee for four hours, which is so not going to happen for me). Anyway, good luck to team OPK!

Bel - HI! Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

Caly - Hope you have electricity again!

TAxi - I want you to know that I am truly praying for you. I do understand the concept of not being ready for IVF... it's a big step, and it can take some time to get used to. I hope you can find some peace during the wait. I do believe that everything does happen for a reason, and there is something to be learned from every situation. I know that words probably don't have much meaning, so I just offer you my hugs and prayers!

Okay, I have to run. My MIL is at my house, and will be for the next month. I'm out right now for a work appointment, but don't like leaving her alone too long so I've got to run home.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#6 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Firstly, Congratulations Ramzubo!  Hope to see you over in the November DDC soon, and fingers crossed for stickiness for you!

Secondly, nice looking thread, Boots!  You take your duties seriously!  It never even ocurred to me that I could work on it before I put it up, and it's lookin' fantastic.

Birdie:  Good job not cheating on your elimination diet!  It must really be hard.  I couldn't even convince my husband to try it (even though he's the one who gets worse symptoms - he had a migraine again yesterday).  I believe he said "I don't want to stop eating eggs," and was still unconvinced when I explained that he didn't have to stop eating eggs if he wanted to try it, he could leave eggs in.  So now I'm trying to just observe him and figure out what it might be.  I'm starting to think maybe MSG, I know last time he had a migraine it was the day after he ate Mr Noodles, and this time it was after he ate something with boullion in it, and his sister had a bad MSG reaction in high school.  Failing that, I'm thinking dairy, which would be a shame because no-one eats more yogurt than my husband - he eats one of those big tubs nearly every day!  It makes sense to sometimes have a cycle where you're not so gung-ho.  I think it's a great mechanism to protect us from disappointment.  Weird about the domestic violence call, I hope everyone was okay too. 

Tank:  I'm sorry you're having to deal with family troubles.  My dad did stop talking to his mother for the most part.  She had mental health issues and was always creating huge drama, took everything as a sign that she wasn't loved, and could never ever let a topic drop until everyone was screaming at each other.  He stopped calling her and when she called he would only talk as long as she stayed reasonable.  She wasn't interested in getting help, she just wanted to keep up her expectations that the world was out to get her . . . or she was genuinely crazy.  But either way, there wasn't anything my dad could do to help, so he stopped talking to her.  I think it really made him a little bit better.  So if you think it would help you to stop talking to your grandmother, then stop talking to your grandmother!  They don't actually have the right to make you feel like you're doing something wrong with your life - that's why it's called YOUR life.  I don't think it's wrong to want them to feel bad for making you feel bad, but it probably won't work either.  When I have hard interpersonal stuff going on, I don't ask what's right, I ask what's functional.  If you tell them you're pregnant right now, will it have a beneficial effect or a negative effect?  What are the best- and worst-case scenarios?  So, for the example of my grandmother, if my dad stopped calling her, it would have the effect of him not having to listen to her poison.  The best-case scenario is that she realizes that if she wants to talk to him she needs to get help, and she becomes less crazy.  The worst-case scenario is that she feels like her son doesn't love her - which she does anyway.  So for him, it made sense to not talk to her.  I hope that helps at all, I find sometimes it helps me to distance myself from the emotions in a situation and look instead at what might work.  Other times, I scream and yell and storm out the door . . . so you can guess which one I prefer, when I can manage it.  redface.gif

Boots:  I don't know where to read about anovulatory cycles, but I've heard on these boards that it's pretty normal for women to have them once or twice a year.  It's a good thing there's not a Borders close to us, or my husband would be unimpressed that you mentioned that!  He doesn't really understand why I want to OWN so many books, when I could just get them out of the library.  Whenever we visit my parents I simply HAVE to go to the used book store there - it's enormous and absolutely chock-full of fantastic books.  It's the best used book store I've ever been in.  When we were down there last November, I told my husband I wanted to go and he sort of groaned.  To make him feel better, I promised to only get 7 books.  I think he thought I was joking, ONLY seven . . . but it was really hard.  I did it, but it took a lot of deliberation!  But really, of all the addictions I could have, books seem pretty benign - a little heavy and bulky, but other than that they never harmed anyone.  There was that one time that I pitched a big book at a guy in my sixth grade class . . . I don't remember what he said to deserve it, but it was really bad and sexually explicit.  I was in a lot of trouble (the book broke when it hit him), and had to go sit in the hall (first time ever for this goody-two-shoes) and then my teacher came and asked why I did it, and I said that the boy had said something bad . . . and the teacher asked what, and I said I wasn't allowed to say it, and he said that this time I was allowed.  I really don't remember what he said, but when I told the teacher I remember the look on his face.  At the time I was very relieved that he then told me I didn't have to pay for the book and that the boy would have to instead (it was a $17 book, which was about two month's allowance for me).  In retrospect, I've started to wonder where an eleven-year-old boy learned how to say something that shocked the teacher.  Given the little more that I know about that kid, I can't help but wonder if maybe he was being abused.  The next year he said something similar, and I hit him over the head with a dictionary, and he punched me in the stomach.  We both got sent out of the room, and then I could tell he was really upset.  So we talked just a little, and I apologized for hitting him and told him he couldn't say stuff like that to people, and he apologized for saying it.  I still think about him pretty regularly (as you can tell, since I just rambled on and on about this stuff, prompted only by the thought of books).  I hope he's okay, guys from my hometown have only one way to deal with emotional stuff, which is self-harm and committing suicide.  I've tried to find him on facebook, but he has a really common name and I haven't seen him since the seventh grade.  Phew, I had a lot to say about that!  Anyway, back to a happier topic, books.  I love that you "had" to order a couple of books and some earings to get super-saver shipping on your OPKs.  You SAVED money, right?  And I sure hope you don't need 50 OPKs either!  It's probably a good idea to get some advice from the other ladies with long cycles.  Ask the experts, makes sense to me!  I'm glad AF started for you, nice of her to show up sooner rather than later and give you a chance to try again.

Taxlady:  Thanks for the prediction!  I'm glad you predicted girl, because the Mayan calendar thing and the Chinese calendar thing both predicted boy.  This way, it was correctly predicted either way!  I hope you're right, though - not because I care at all about the sex of this baby but because I want to help you keep your fantastic record!  I'm so sorry that the weekend went so poorly.  I think it's hard to be the female when you're trying to conceive.  Men don't take pressure nearly as well, so we have to keep it all for ourselves.  I actually didn't tell my husband most of the time that we were fertile.  He didn't ask, I didn't tell.  I just let him think whatever he wanted when I suddenly was feeling all randy.  It's a bit harder to do that though with OPKs in the bathroom, pre-seed on the night table, instead cups at the ready, and when you're trying to surreptitiously stick a pillow under your butt after sex.  I mean, he's right there, it's not like he might not notice.  I'm sure he feels even worse about it than you do, but it's still hard to not be disappointed.  Poor both of you.  hug2.gif  blowkiss.gif  I really wish there was anything at all that I could say, I really just feel like you deserve to get your BFP, and NOW!  But I guess we don't always get what we deserve . . . and on my worst days I sure am glad, because there have been a couple of times I really deserved a kick in the pants.  Sigh.  I hope you find some productive way out of that limbo soon.  I'm thinking of you.

ShannonO:  GSB is Golden Showers Boyfriend, for the little digital guy that smiles when you pee on him.  I'm glad your race made you feel good and helped to motivate you!  It's funny, I always lose some fitness over the winter, because it's too cold to do a whole lot outside and I don't enjoy just "exercising" inside.  Then I get more fit over the summer.  But every summer my husband leaves and when he comes back he thinks I'm fatter.  It's weird, because he's got it backwards.  I'm thinking maybe he has a mental image of me from when I was 20, and he forgets what I really look like, and then when he sees me he's surprised that I'm not my skinny 20-year-old past self.  Anyway, just trying to say that I think losing a bit of fitness in winter is normal (and if you gain some body fat, beneficial because it helps you stay warm!)  Nothing wrong with that, and it sounds like you're ready to step it up again.  It's sweet that your husband is getting excited about the possibility of being pregnant, even if he doesn't understand the details.  It was my husband who isn't exciteable.  One time when we were visiting his sister, she told me that she hoped he was enjoying the visit, because she's never been able to tell if he's having a good time or not.  His own sister!  It actually made me feel a lot better, I thought I was just oblivious, but really he's just not very demonstrative.

Rush2ady:  I swear I found a thread that explained a bunch of the acronyms when I first came to these boards.  I'll look for it.  Okay, I couldn't find it, but this one is okay.

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1081373/learning-to-speak-ttc-please-sticky

The thing is that this thread has its own special lingo anyway, like GSB=golden showers boyfriend (a positive OPK (ovulation predictor kit)), and EWBJ=Egg White Bajingo Juice (or CM, cervical mucous, or CF, cervical fluid).  I swear there was a sticky when I signed up, but the site changed, so maybe it disappeared.  I do my charting on fertility friend.  If you sign up through one of the other member's charts (just go to their chart and then hit the sign up button), it gives them free VIP time.  You don't actually HAVE to pay there once the trial period is over, you just lose some of the functions.  You can still see your charts and record data, you just can't do any of the fancy analyses.  Here's hoping you don't need it, because those symptoms are already telling the tale!

Cristinimartini:  Just to reiterate, you don't actually HAVE to pay for fertility friend after the trial - it just becomes more basic, just charting, no symptoms on the chart (although it does record them for you still, you just can't see it except when you check each day), no pregnancy signs estimator, no analysis of your BD pattern, no test day, no expected fertile days, etc.  I used it for a couple of months without paying.  It still is functional, but they're smart to give everyone the thirty day trial - they know that we'll all miss the fancy features when the trial is over.  And it works to buy a subscription to get pregnant - but I only bought a 3-month subscription.  Just make sure you wait until it's on sale.  Incidentally, they have a sister site, a pregnancy tracker, where you can chart your pregnancy weight gain and pregnancy symptoms . . . so it might be worth getting the one-year one anyway, if you want to do that stuff.  As for your chart this month, it actually looks quite nice to me.  The many days of positive OPKs is a strange thing, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.  And I would say the fainter evening ones are definitely due to higher water intake.  The day before my positive OPK last cycle I had a really faint OPK - both the control line and the test line were really pale.  I think it was because I had been drinking a lot of water that day.  That's all I personally have to go on, but it was pretty convincing to me, since even the control line was light.  And CD12 looks good for me for your O day.  Sounds like you've got as good a shot as ever!

AFM:  I'm doing really well now.  I'm a lot less tired and can walk my dog now without feeling totally exhausted, I'm only craving things that are relatively good for me (like spinach and homemade beef jerky), and I'm feeling more confident every day.  I'm still a long way from sure that I'll end up with a baby, but I get more sure every day.  I have been really hungry most nights when I wake up to pee, and I just have to eat something.  Usually I go with an apple or banana, because it's so easy.  If I'm really hungry, I eat one of those two things, but with peanut butter.  I checked my daily food habits against the stuff laid out in "What to Eat When You're Expecting", and I'm doing okay, although they want me to eat a lot more calcium (good thing I'm taking a supplement), a bit more protein, and one more whole grain serving.  Not bad for just eating what I want, I'll pay attention now and should be able to get it just about right.

I've been having some pretty intense dreams.  Last night alone I remember one about our house being freezing, with frost covering all the doors, one about lusting furiously after some young farmhand (I've been having furiously lusting dreams every night, but I'm afraid to actually DTD with my hubby because I don't want to jostle anything in there or have an orgasm and release oxytocin . . . I miscarried last fall the morning after we DTD for the first time pregnant.  I'm trying to wait until I see the doctor, but that's another two weeks, and I'm in the mood!  Also, don't worry, I'm trying to take care of my husband's needs every once in a while anyway . . . I don't want him to start off already resenting baby for reducing his fun time, there will be plenty of tiime for that once baby is born!).  I went back to sleep after the farmhand dream to try and get that out of my head.  Unfortunately, it was replaced with an even worse one where my dog kept running off with the neighbor's pack of hoodlum dogs, and I was worried she would get shot, but my husband didn't care and kept telling me not to worry, but he said it by saying "Stop shmooping!" because he had just invented the word shmooping and thought it was perfect.  He was smoking a lot of cigarettes, every time I looked he had another one in his hand, and I would grab it and stomp it out and look up and he would have another.  His unconcern for our dog, his constantly having a lit cigarette, and his overuse of the non-word "shmooping" made me so angry that I was incoherent.  I knew I had good points that he should actually be taking into account, but I couldn't express them and was just emitting strangled sounds of fury and crying.  Pretty much none of that is accurate, but it made for one helluva dream.

I've been kind of emotional in my waking life too, but I've been pretty able to deal with that, because my wonderful husband helps me with it.  I was feeling lonely the other day (my husband's sleep schedule is way wonky and mine is finally normal) and asked him to do something with me, but I was sure he didn't want to, so I asked in this depressed, self-sabotaging way.  He pointed that out and we talked about it and managed to get past it and then had a really nice time.  We played hand-drums together and then talked about society/culture.  It was great, and made me feel really good.  Yesterday we talked about methods of baby carrying and what might work best for us.  Because he never gets too excited, talking to him about stuff like that makes me feel really good, because it means that it's real, and it's really happening, and I'm not getting all excited about nothing.  Yay!

So, to sum up, exhaustion for a while followed by a good sleep pattern, vivid and often somewhat unpleasant dreams (not all that unusual for me), and being emotional, but being able to recognize it and get past it . . . that's about what pregnancy has been like for me so far, symptom-wise.  That and a definite change in the way my bowels work . . . things have really slowed down in there, but not too much because I'm making a point of eating a LOT of fiber.  Mentally, I'm starting to believe that this is real.  I've been tracking the little tadpole's progress on a website that gives day-by-day updates, and I'm really enjoying that.  It allows me to be interested without getting overly emotional - right now our little bundle of cells looks like a tadpole more than anything.  I sure hope it keeps growing and becomes a human, but if it doesn't I won't have too much of an image of the little human that could have been, because it isn't at that stage yet.  If any of the other pregnant ladies are interested, it's at http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/first-trimester  I'm still not doing great at the daily yoga/kegels thing, but I have been getting at least light exercise every day. 

Yesterday my brand-new sheep decided to go for a walk.  I was worried they would get lost, so I took my dog around the back of them to ease them back to their pen.  My dog did pretty good for a pretty long time, but then she lost control and started chasing them flat-out.  (I would have had her on a leash, but the leash was in the house and going to the house would have pushed the sheep farther out).  So it was a parade, three pregnant sheep followed by one hoodlum dog followed by one pregnant woman.  Fortunately, my husband was watching out the window and came running out too - running through the deep snow trying to keep your dog from making your sheep abort is a good way to max out your heart rate!  Just about the time my husband got outside I was starting to huff and puff enough that I figured I should stop, but I really wanted to catch my dog and give her a thorough alpha-dog-roll-over . . . before she cemented in her mind that chasing sheep was nothing but good fun.  My husband is a good runner (a lot better than tired pregnant lady), and he caught her and rolled her.  The sheep were shaky and scared, but uninjured, and when I gave them a couple of handfuls of grain they forgot all about it as far as I could tell.  Fortunately, our dog is not a biter when it comes to sheep.  She just loves to chase them . . . forever.  Last year she found a fawn that the mama deer had left while she was foraging.  She chased it all over our property, it finally ran into our slough (which is quite shallow) and got too tired to keep running.  My dog caught up to it, and I was still trying to catch up and screeching like a banshee to "leave it" (a command she does KNOW the meaning of, even if she doesn't like it).  She touched it with her nose and then stood there, like it had never occurred to her what to do once she actually caught it.  She continued to rest the tip of her nose on it until I got there, at which point the fawn decided I was the better bet and scurried between my legs and out behind me.  Ah, adventures with hoodlum-dog.  Anyway, so far all looks to be well for both the sheep and myself.  Babydust to everyone!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#7 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 12:02 PM

Hi guys, Happy March and Almost-Kinda-Spring!cold.gif

Congratulations Ram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!joy.gifenergy.gifblowkiss.gif

boots, thanks for the pretty green thread!  I totally understand buying books for students.  Books are what guide my lessons and themes! I went to Borders and waited in a VERY long line!

rush2ady, taxi, the guys.  The guys can really put a damper on things.  I thought I was the only one that had to deal with stubborn and uncooperative nonsense!  I think it usually passes if you give them time.  I've been waiting for him to get his refferal and go get his freakin SA for MONTHS.  Geez. 

taxi, THANK YOU for the support.  That horrid woman transferred her child out.  I don't even know what to say.

Hykue, thank you too for your support.  I send you sticky happy vibes and lots of love!

tank, the older I get, the more I realize how human and fallible my family members are.  I've had some real frustration about my great aunt, grandmother, and aunt in the last year or two. 

northstar, thanks for the baby dust!

birdie, bel, val, caly, and everyone, wave.gif

AFM, AF showed up yesterday on CD 26.   ????????????    I am so sick of it every month for so long that I am tired of hearing my inner thoughts as well as what I say on here.  The only good thing is that when I went for breast cancer screening last week, they wanted me to get a mammogram, so now I'll schedule that.  Great.  That'll be fun.  Long sad story, but my mom was not a survivor and I've got family history, so....mammogram time.  I'm only going to do this one; I did thermography and the breast ultrasound last week. Yaaaaaayyy. irked.gifirked.gifirked.gif

grouphug.gif

Love ya'll; I'll be around but trying to focus on other things a bit more.  blowkiss.gif

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#8 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Hykue - Whoa, the dreams, the symptoms, the conversation with the unflappable hubby, and your "hoodlum" dog are all intense and interesting reads! I wish I could get into the November DDC just to follow your posts around. hehe. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#9 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM

Congrats Ramzubo!  When is your EDD?  Have you figured it out yet?

Thanks for the new thread Boots!  BTW I am not on it.

Taxlady can you make a prediction for me?  I am sorry your DH wasn't on bpard.  My partner was sort of that way sometimes but I learned to just not tell him when I am ovulating and just BD all the time anyway.  It was much less pressure for the both of us that way.

Thanks for all the comfort about dealing with my family.  I'm still upset about it but there is nothing I can do to change other people's behavior.

I'm sorry AF showed up Catheleni.

ShannonO I hope you get into the Nov DDC too!

AFM:  Really really tired.  all the time.  I am definatly seeing light at the end of this tunnel.  I know its super soon but I already started a registry and I may or may not have already knitted my babe a hat.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#10 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Oh this is great - Ms. Boots starts a new thread AND then Ramzubo get a BFPjoy.gif

Congratulations Ramzubo this is WONDERFUL!!!! blowkiss.gifclap.gif

Best news I've heard all day - I felt like such a noob this morning when I went to see my new ob-gyn. I was aware that yes, the first day of your period IS the first day of your cycle but somehow it didn't make it all the way. So I ov'd last month on CD17 coming off of bcp and since today is CD5, I'm hoping I don't have to wait THAT long to try again. I ordered some PreSeed last night just to stack the cards in my favor.

Ladies - sorry I can't respond to each and every one of you but I am so thankful that I found this place. DH is really excited about ttc - he gave me a big hug the day I got my period I think he was more upset than I was but I think sometimes it's ttc overload when he comes home so at least I can come here.

TTC #1 since 2/2011 ~ new month, new beginning
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34311d

#11 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Rambuzo, yay a BFP for my first week of threadkeeping!

Tank, so sorry you're not on the thread! i don't know how that happened, there was a lot of copying and pasting and link checking involved. I still have some work to do but I'll have you back there in a jiffy.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#12 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hey chart links are fixed, a few more tweaks to the active member list. Let me know if your chart link is somehow not right.

Okay, so, I really enjoyed pet pictures last month. I was thinking that a good picture-share this month would be a favorite vacation photo. It doesn't have to have you in it, but it could, of course :)

Welcome to the new members, we're glad you're here!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#13 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM

Hey ladies! I'm just stopping in quick because I'm exhausted and want to go to bed. But I had to make sure that of everyone, you ladies are the first that I tell.

20 week anatomy scan (well, technically, it's a 19 week anatomy scan) and all went great! I was nervous going in but there was no need to be. All organs accounted for, everything looked perfect, and in fact the baby is measuring more than a week ahead. Apparently my body cooks fast smile.gif I'm hoping he slows down a bit so I don't end up having to labor with a huge baby!

Oh, and that's right, I said HE smile.gif So if I recall correctly, that was what Taxlady predicted, wasn't it? Which is funny because DH and I and my mom all predicted girl. The doctor asked us if we wanted to know, we said yes, and she put her hand over the screen and asked what we thought it was. We both said we had thought girl, and she took her hand off the screen and pointed and said "Well, that's a penis" lol.gif DH and I were both shocked (but completely thrilled too!)

Anyway, you're the first people I've told besides my mom and MIL smile.gif We're keeping it a secret from everyone else until we fly home for a baby shower in April.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#14 of 344 Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Yay Livingsky!  A boy!  How exciting!  I am glad everything looked ok.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#15 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 04:22 AM

It's a boy!! Congratulations LivingSky...this is wonderful!!

TTC #1 since 2/2011 ~ new month, new beginning
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34311d

#16 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 04:40 AM

And in my excitement, I completely forgot to add:

CONGRATULATIONS RAMBUZO! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#17 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 05:18 AM

Yay LivingSky!  So glad everything checked out okay.  Congrats on your little baby boy... any thoughts on names yet?? 

HI to everyone else, and lots of baby dust!!!  dust.gif

And lots of hugs to those that AF found, and those that are having a tough time of it right now.  TTC is an emotional roller coaster, but the end result will be worth the ride.  hug2.gif

#18 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 05:20 AM

Thanks for all the congrats! fingersx.gif That I'll be seeing Hykue and Tank in the Nov. DDC. FF is saying Nov 7th for edd.

Christini: I'm in the running for the 11/11/11. We didn't do anything different this cycle. I know you are a fan of the preseed, which is what we use and obviously it doesn't hurt. I have really no sign, nothing that lasted all day and said hey maybe.....The only thing is I have bad circulation and my feet are always freezing and about a week ago they just stopped being cold for the first time ever and haven't been cold since. I've never heard of that as a symptom but I think your supposed to increased your blood volume when preg. so maybe that's it.

Livingsky: Congrats on your BOY!

#19 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Yay LivingSky!  So glad everything checked out okay.  Congrats on your little baby boy... any thoughts on names yet?? 

Thanks for all the congrats! We're pretty much over the moon about it. Makes it seem a bit more real, kwim? I said to DH after the appointment yesterday that it's still really hard for me to equate the ultrasound picture of a baby bumping around on the screen, to the idea that that baby is actually bumping around inside me. I know it is, but it's still pretty surreal.

As for names - HELP!!!! We easily decided on a girl's name (Madison) but we've been completely stumped for a boy name. So far Jackson and Mason are the only two we agree with both like, but neither of them makes us go YES, that's the name. So any and all suggestions are welcome! We discussed and veto'ed nams all night last night!

#20 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

As for names - HELP!!!! We easily decided on a girl's name (Madison) but we've been completely stumped for a boy name. So far Jackson and Mason are the only two we agree with both like, but neither of them makes us go YES, that's the name. So any and all suggestions are welcome! We discussed and veto'ed nams all night last night!

I love both Jackson and Mason. You've probably already been on there but babycenter.com has a thing that when  you click on a name it shows other names you might like. Funny it says if you like the name Jackson you might like Mason... Parker, Gavin, Logan, and one of my top boy picks Carter. I've been playing around with that for a while. DH and I have totally opposite taste when it comes to names so we've talked about baby names for a long time trying to find something we can agree on.

#21 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 AM

Rambuzo: LOL! That's hilarious! Gavin was on our list until yesterday when we finally crossed it off (didn't like it quite as much as the other two). Logan is pretty much my favorite boy name ever, but because both DH and I are big comic book fans (as are most of our friends) we can't use Logan or everyone will think we named our baby after Wolverine from X-Men. It's funny how popular culture can influence baby names, both for and against!

#22 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 06:27 AM

Pop culture definitely gets in the way sometimes. We liked Duncan, but this is a big Dunkin Donuts area and you know any kid named after a fast food chain would be made fun of!

#23 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 AM

Alrighty, I thought I'd start off vacation pics. Here's from our honeymoon in Australia.

AU.jpgAus.jpg  Wallaby.jpg     Aussie.jpg    

That's me with the Kangaroos.

#24 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 07:02 AM

First of ALL - RAM!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!  Happy and Healthy 9 Smoooooooth months to you!!

Second.. thank you sooo much for all the hugs and support.  I guess I finally freaked out about everything, I sincerely appreciate everyones understanding.  I'm just working really hard right now, 60+ hours per week + taking care of my home life + dealing with the "I" word.  Plus, on the same day, my sister called because she was having stomach pains, but mainly she just wanted me to confirm it might be implantation pain.  It was all I could handle. I knew it would happen eventually, but not on THAT day.  WHY? WHY?  What is it?  I'm not sure I understand why I am being tested like this.. but I know I am not living up to the task list.  IT all just built up and I had a really bad day.  I am so used to trying to be happy and optimistic, sometimes I fail at that.

This is a short post because I've got to leave for work early.. but I AM THE MAN!  PREDICTION QUEEN!!  I updated my prediction list with my newest WIN! IT was so fun reading DH the news from Livingsky.  Tank - as soon as you said, Can you make a prediction for me.. My brain said GIRL!  SO here is the updated list..

Sister - boy - correct

SIL - boy - correct

Friend M - boy - correct

Friend L - boy - correct

Cousin Twins - girls - correct (although I didn't think they would be identical and they are - like completely)

Cousin D - girl - correct

Friend K - girl - INCORRECT

Friend K - boy - correct

Meander - girl - ?

Livingsky - boy - CORRECT joy.gif

ValH – Twins (boy/girl) - ?

Hykue – Girl

Tank – Girl

I hadn't updated the list since I last posted it.. so remind me if I've left anyone off.  As far as boy names.. a friend of mine is naming her baby - Emmett.  I also like, Carter, Miles and Walker.  I can't use any of those.. we have decided on family names.  So if I get triplets out of the IVF.. who knows what we'll do.  LOL. 

OH one other thing.. why is FF not giving me crosshairs?  Is it because I had that really high temp on Monday morning??  I am boggled.  

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#25 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 AM

Taxlady, that's a pretty amazing run at guessing gender!! I hope I can have you guess for us one day!!!!! Can you please make me a wish and let it be twins too? Thanks! Sheepish.gif Does your sister know about your situation? If she does, that was pretty insensitive of her...I hope this breakdown was the worst of it and from here on out you'll be looking forward to the great things that are to come!!! Like triplets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Living, Congratulations on the the healthy scan and the boy!!!!!! I like the name Julian if that's something you'd consider...maybe I'm just too Italian? LOL...I would want to go into it with a couple of names to pick from and then once I see him/her, decide. Plus, back in the day when ultrasounds weren't as sophisticated, the technician told my mom she was having a boy (she only had one ultrasound), low and behold, I'm NOT a boy, and my name couldn't be Anthony like they had been calling me in the womb hahaha...So how they decided on my name was to turn on the radio and the first name they heard, that's what I was going to be shrug.gif...awesome, right? Hehehe....Also, I don't remember if it was on the list someone else had posted, but to go along with the theme you seem to have going, what about Carson?

Ram, LOVE those pictures!!!! I want to play with kangaroos and koala bears!!!! All our photos are on the home computer and I rarely get on the computer once I'm actually home, so maybe this weekend I can upload some if I get a chance. Thanks for the update too on what you did this month! I do like PreSeed, and will continue to use it!!

AFM, I think I'm out this month. I know I'm only 6DPO, but my chart is looking exactly like last months...I don't know when a chart starts to look different and "pregnant", but I have it in my head that it should be by now. Implantation probably hasn't even occurred yet, but I feel crampy...no twinges, just a constant cramp. Oh well...At least I'll get to have a drink on St. Patrick's Day!! thumb.gif I think I'm going to stop temping for a couple days, what do you guys think?

#26 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

oh my gosh. found u guys again... don't know why I get so lost on MDC!

#27 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ok, now I'm caught up!  WOW exciting news Ramzubo!  Congrats!!!  biggrinbounce.gif and darling kangaroo pics!

Thanks everyone for the chart suggestions, and the acronym translations, that helps, I'll go enter some data now...

and whao... pregnant dreams!  That's quite the nightlife you've got going Hykue!  and hope your sheep are ok.

Awesome predictions Taxi !  u must be good at listening to your intuition.

hello to everyone else :) and baby wishes to everyone blowkiss.gif

#28 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM

Ramzubo - LOVE the vacation pictures! 

LivingSky - I have a friend that named her son Jackson, so I've always liked that name.  I also really like the names Elijah, Jacob, and Ransom (kind of old names, I think).  Ransom was actually my GF's name.   Good luck with the name-picking!! 

Taxi - I thought about you today while I was driving.  (WARNING - anyone offended by religious conversation might want to skip this part)  I was listening to a contemporary Christian radio station, and the lady was talking about how spring is amazing and how God takes all the nastiness of winter, and literally overnight he can change it, and make things bloom.  (It sounded better when she was saying it).  The whole point was about how when there is a difficult time in our life, God can change it in a second.  Anyway, it made me think about you, and I prayed that God will change your situation, or at least give you the peace and strength to make it into your spring and time of blooming.  (Okay, religious talk over, everyone can resume reading here).  Anyway, take care of yourself and don't work too hard!  I took a peak at your chart... I'm thinking maybe you O'ed on CD16 (yesterday).  It will take three days of higher temps to give you crosshairs... if you don't have crosshairs in three days, maybe try discarding the high temp on CD15 to see what happens.  I'll keep stalking to see how it works out. 

cristini - Just so you know, I didn't think my chart looked "different" until around 11dpo, when it kept going higher instead of lower like it normally did.  So... don't count yourself out yet!  I hope you have to have a sober St. Patty's day. 

rush2ady - Glad you found us again!! 

Hi to everyone else!  Bel, caly (I hope you have power), boots, tank, hykue, and everyone else (my mind isn't remember names this afternoon). 

Oh, some vacation pics...

This is looking up at the Luxor hotel in Vegas, which is where we went for our honeymoon. 

Wedding and Honeymoon 016.JPG

The fountain outside the Bellagio - so cool. 

Wedding and Honeymoon 031.JPG

This is from a different vacation - we went to a Seattle Mariners game.

Seattle June 2009 013.JPG

And you can't go to Seattle without seeing the Space Needle!

Seattle June 2009 036.JPG

#29 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 02:10 PM

Okay, I just need to vent really quick... hope you ladies don't mind. This is totally un-TTC related, and more for my own mental health.  Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, my MIL is visiting for a month.  Now don't get me wrong - I love my MIL and am happy to have her here.  But we're just having some adjustment issues.  I should admit that I'm a bit OCD about cleanliness, especially in the kitchen.  So today MIL was cutting up some meat for something for DH (I'm vegetarian).  When I looked at both the cutting board and knives she used and "washed," all still had raw meat stuck to them!  Ugh!  AND she used my good dishes (the ones we only use when special company comes over) to cut some of the meat on.  Really, my good dishes???  Like I don't have stacks of everyday dishes.  Oh, and she wouldn't come ask me where the ziplock backs are (I was in the next room working... or posting on MDC), so she just put it in a grocery bag and put it in the freezer.  It's probably in there leaking blood on my veggie burgers as we speak.  I just finished re-washing all the dishes she's used today, and scrubbing all the kitchen with Clorox wipes.  I guess I need to quit being so obsessive and just go with it.  At least I'm not having to cook all the time, right? 

#30 of 344 Old 03-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Taxlady: I remember thinking that you had predicted the opposite of what everyone else predicted, and lo and behold, you were right again! With my next baby (I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I) I'm not even going to try to guess, I'll just ask you smile.gif

I'm going to touch a couple of the names suggested: Julian I really like and DH doesn't so much (we also have a friend with a son named Julian), Elijah is on my list as well but not DH's, Jacob I reeeeally like but I'm skipping it due to Twilight reference (I don't care if it's wrong of me to say it, Taylor Lautner is drool worthy!), Emmett is one DH suggested but it's another Twilight reference in my head! See, the pop culture problem is really bad! Same problem with Carter (2 Fast 2 Furious) and Walker (Walker Texas Ranger). It's awful. Also apparently I watch too many movies and too much TV! lol.gif

I hadn't though of Carson or Miles though, I have to remember to suggest those to DH.

The idea of using Babycenter's lists brought me to one that tentatively both DH and I like - Kaiden (or some spelling variety of it). So that's been added to the list.

Ramzubo: Your Australia pictures are GORGEOUS. I love the brilliant underwater colors, and the kangaroos look adorable!

ValH: I love the Bellagio shot, and the Space Needle you're so right about, can't go to Seattle and not see it! And in regards to your rant - no, I don't think you should have to just suck it up. Respecting someone's home is important, and respecting someone's food choices is just basic courtesy. Especially in their own house! And even more especially so since you're pregnant. Maybe you or your DH could talk with her about it?

cristini: The only symptom I had the month I got my BFP was cramping. Pretty consistently, almost right from O day. otherwise my chart looked just like every other month.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page