Mothering Forum banner

*** Bitter Sushi Ladies, March 2011 Thread ***

17K views 420 replies 39 participants last post by  Kyamo 
#1 ·
#3 ·
MBA - I'm actually 27 now... I forgot to change that in my last update. And feel free to call the thread whatever you like!

I got my Provera today, so I can start that tonight. I also got the news that my grandfather is in the ICU, very possibly dying. From what little info I've gotten, it sounds like he died and was resuscitated today, or something like that. He's 2000 miles away, and I can't really afford to just fly out there and be with him and the family, but I wish I could. :(

#5 ·
so sorry Monkey! Hang in there!! It is so hard to be so far away from family, especially in a crisis.

kparker, don't be scared of acupuncture. It's soooo relaxing! And trust me, if I can say that, with my huge fear of needles, I promise you, it will be just fine. Tell the acupuncturist you are nervous and they might even give you a little bell to hold to call them if you panic. That is what they do with me!

MBA, love love the funny thread titles. My personal fave is Waitin', Frustratin', and Conversatin'. LOL. They're all funny though. I like your sense of humor girl! I think my own tag could be "Endlessly Waitin' at the Ovulation Situation Station", but of course that doesn't apply to a bunch of us. I'm hoping you have threadkeeper's luck this month!

#6 ·
Just have to talk about this, cause I'm super excited.

Husband got his CPAP machine yesterday
smile.gif
The doctor thinks this will help him in many areas in his life, including our TTC efforts, by way of less stress from not sleeping messing with his body, improvement (or elimination, depending on whether this caused or aggravated his condition) of psychological issues which may have damaged his sex drive, and less just being too tired to have sex. He scored 150 on the apnea hypopnea scale, doctor says over 30 is severe, and in the past nine months working at this clinic he'd only seen two people with higher scores (and I believe he also said both of those cases were obesity related, which my husband is not, has to do with how the back of his mouth is shaped). Doctor said regarding the oxygen he was getting, it's like he's been sleeping at the top of Mount Everest every night.

It sounds stupid, but I teared up a little at the doctor's office today going over the results. When we were first dating, he stayed over at my place sometimes, and right away I noticed the painful sounding snoring (could hear it two rooms away, and my room had concrete walls, being a converted garage), the choking, the stopping breathing bit (he stops breathing every 20 seconds) and weirdest of all, the fact that he often slept with his head raised about 2 inches off his pillow. His ex used to poke him when he snored, so he started sleeping like that because he didn't snore when he lifted his head up. I started shaking him and waking him up so he could change to laying on his side so he couldn't do it, try to keep his neck from getting hurt. This could be responsible for a LOT of the problems he's had in life, maybe even some issues we've encountered in our marriage, the way he deals with conflict (napping, getting too down to deal with it), and certainly our TTC attempts. I teared up because this is a ton of pain for him and a lot of insomnia for me (I sit up at night worrying about him and wind up sleeping in the day time when he's at school) that may go away now. It may be almost over.

It's a step closer to getting to where we need to be to get pregnant, and if nothing else it means a higher quality of life for us both.

#7 ·
I told them I was afraid, and they said it was no biggie, they'd talk me through it.

Also, MBA, could you update my intro up there to IUI#2 in March? :D

#8 ·
monkey.... I used to have acupuncture for my neck problems and really loved it. Those needles are not needles as we are used to thinking of them, you know... it is just not the same thing. Hope you will feel wonderful when you get to go!

Wonderful af, would not know it was here from how my body feels. But now, of course, it just leaves me to wonder if it is a good or a bad sign, as I used to have terribly painful periods before and after dd was conceived.

MBA.. Yeah, please call this thread whatever you would like. Right now my feelings are that this is the thread for those who cannot bare to look at the thread titles in the other forums... as if one could miss them when coming here.

I am anxious today... have been for some days. I think I might be a bit on the hyper side from too much thyroid medication or something. Who knows. I am feeling pretty depressed, too, which also goes with my hypo, whether I am under or over medicated. Nothing interests me today. I hate you, hypothyroidism and what you have done to my life. (And I love you, Armour and Thyroid, for having given my life back, even if balancing the meds is sometimnes very hard.)

#9 ·
Smiles, yeah, our little one just turned 22 months. He's really amazing me with how much he's learning! I'm very proud of him.
smile.gif
He is also the most social child I have ever seen, going up to people to flirt, smile, play, etc. I really want to give him a sibling and feel sad that it's taking so long.

LessTraveledBy, I'm sorry all your friends have so many children. I think that TTC is hard enough, but what really hurts are the constant reminders: pregnant women everywhere, seeing all the people with many young ones close in age, etc. I am constantly encountering women with a child my son's age who are pregnant or have a 2nd baby already or even pregnant with a 3rd already! And it's only getting worse as he gets older.

Which reminds me, crazy story of the week. We were talking a walk and encountered a woman with a daughter a couple weeks younger than my son. Of course she was heavily pregnant again.
eyesroll.gif
But that's not the best part. As I said, my son is very social, so he ran to the woman to smile at her. He ran right past me, and then she joked, "No, that's your mother. You know the difference because she's the one who is not pregnant." Um, ok. Thanks. I know she didn't mean anything by it; she just didn't think. Like most fertile people. Still, I was tempted to tell her actually we've been trying for like a year. Sigh.

miriam, nice titles.
orngtongue.gif
I don't even load the TTC page anymore. I just reload this thread. It is too hard to see the "I was on birth control and used a condom and just got a BFP!" or "we were going to start trying next month, but we don't need to because I'm pregnant!" Raaeeow! (That was my attempt at an angry cat noise.
winky.gif
We need a cat with claws out smilie.)

monkey,
hug.gif
regarding your grandfather.

lilmom, I'll keep you company at the waiting forever to ovulate station.

objet, I hope your husband is sleeping better soon.

kparker, when is the IUI? Are you close?

Sooo, still no period. Third day of spotting. My body likes to torture me. But I'm 14DPO (I think, but I couldn't temp, so this is based on OPKs and CM). I think I'll start bleeding today or tomorrow. And I'm annoyed with our insurance right now. We tried to add an option today (meaning we would be paying them more money), and they won't let us do it until the beginning of next year b/c "that's the rule". Stupid inflexible people. Grrr.

#11 ·
MBA - thanks for the new thread, I like the not spayed delayed!!!! I like your sense of humor and your positivity. I don't even know what the "one threads" mean, I just look for this thread and ignore pretty much everything else.

Monkey - Sorry about your grandfather
hug2.gif

Sweetbee - dd will be 21 months next week and I know how you feel about wanting to give him a sibling.

Objet - Glad to hear you and dh got some help - being tired all of the time certainly can't help ttc, maybe your luck is about to change!

Kyamo - shrink cyst shrink!!!

Everyone else - Hi!!!

AFM - CD 45!!! I started to have what looks like stretchy ewcm last night so maybe I am going to O. I should really start charting, I have always been so regular that I never bothered.

#12 ·
Kyamo, hoping your cyst went away!

Smiles, wow CD45. That's awful. Long cycles are so annoying. Have you ever temped? I ask because if you know what pre and post O temps are for you, you might be able to figure something out by starting tomorrow, even so late in a cycle. Also, have you taken an OPK today?

I'm having one of those days. First, there was the nonsense with our health insurance. Then some crazy guy starting shouting at me for crossing the street at the crosswalk b/c he was annoyed he had to stop his car to wait for us, as though our street in our small family-friendly town is a race track or something.
eyesroll.gif
And I'm on day 3 of spotting, which is like extended torture before the new cycle inevitably begins. When my son wakes up from his nap, I'm going to go into the city with him and try to cheer myself up by looking for a costume for him for Carnival.

#14 ·
Thanks for the new thread, MBA. Love the names!

Everybody else - I am not keeping up with this thread as much as I used to, but I am always thinking about you and hoping for little miracles for each one of you. I am trying to put some distance between myself and obsessing over TTC. I also came across a thread from the main board about creating a treasure map for the new zodiac year starting in april, and joined them (under spirituality, if you are interested), and part of the process is cleaning and decluttering at the end of the old zodiac year (I am new, but this is my understanding). Part of my decluttering process is to try to spend a little less time obsessing about ttc and online (I even deactivated my FB account temporarily), in addition to decluttering my house and life in general (so, you do it mentally as well as physically getting rid of crap you don't need). I am super-excited about it.

I am on CD5. AF is lasting really long and is really heavy, I suppose that is because the IVF drugs made my lining super-cozy for the embryo. I decided to take soy this cycle, on CD3, just before I went to bed, in hopes of catching a egg naturally before we dive into another IVF cycle in a few months.

hugs to all of you. :hug

#16 ·
Hi Ladies-

It's been a long, long while.

I have been mostly going to the infertility zone mostly for Sweet.Bee's reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

miriam, nice titles.
orngtongue.gif
I don't even load the TTC page anymore. I just reload this thread. It is too hard to see the "I was on birth control and used a condom and just got a BFP!" or "we were going to start trying next month, but we don't need to because I'm pregnant!" Raaeeow! (That was my attempt at an angry cat noise.
winky.gif
I just can't look. When I do, I occasionally click on threads that are bad for me.

But here's the thing. I need a little more support right now. The infertility one is slow.

I got a bfn this morning, 13dpo. I had hope, as I took clomid this round. I am dying, and not sure how to get back on with life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post!

Everybody else - I am not keeping up with this thread as much as I used to, but I am always thinking about you and hoping for little miracles for each one of you. I am trying to put some distance between myself and obsessing over TTC. I also came across a thread from the main board about creating a treasure map for the new zodiac year starting in april, and joined them (under spirituality, if you are interested), and part of the process is cleaning and decluttering at the end of the old zodiac year (I am new, but this is my understanding). Part of my decluttering process is to try to spend a little less time obsessing about ttc and online (I even deactivated my FB account temporarily), in addition to decluttering my house and life in general (so, you do it mentally as well as physically getting rid of crap you don't need). I am super-excited about it.

I am on CD5. AF is lasting really long and is really heavy, I suppose that is because the IVF drugs made my lining super-cozy for the embryo. I decided to take soy this cycle, on CD3, just before I went to bed, in hopes of catching a egg naturally before we dive into another IVF cycle in a few months.

Oh, rcr - I am so sorry to read that IVF didn't work. That plain sucks. BIG hugs to you. And congratulations on finding ways to deal. (That's what I need to do...)

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Okay, I toyed with some funny thread titles a-la The One, but I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor and didn't know if it was too much/if I would have been taking too many liberties with the thread, since it can get serious sometimes. But here were the ideas I considered:

Bitter Sushi Ladies-- Not Spayed, Just Delayed!

Bitter Sushi Ladies-- Enough Wait, Please; Bring on the Babies!

Bitter Sushi Ladies-- Waitin', Frustratin' and Conversatin'

Bitter Sushi Ladies-- HARBINGERS OF UTERINE DOOOOOOM

I'm terrible. I know. You may all have one free shot at me while my back is turned. lol!
Thanks for the new thread, MbA! I laughed at the Harbingers of Uterine DOOOOOM option.
orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

MBA - I'm actually 27 now... I forgot to change that in my last update. And feel free to call the thread whatever you like!

I got my Provera today, so I can start that tonight. I also got the news that my grandfather is in the ICU, very possibly dying. From what little info I've gotten, it sounds like he died and was resuscitated today, or something like that. He's 2000 miles away, and I can't really afford to just fly out there and be with him and the family, but I wish I could. :(
monkey, so sorry you can't get to your grandfather.
hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by objet_trouve View Post

Just have to talk about this, cause I'm super excited.

Husband got his CPAP machine yesterday
smile.gif
The doctor thinks this will help him in many areas in his life, including our TTC efforts, by way of less stress from not sleeping messing with his body, improvement (or elimination, depending on whether this caused or aggravated his condition) of psychological issues which may have damaged his sex drive, and less just being too tired to have sex. He scored 150 on the apnea hypopnea scale, doctor says over 30 is severe, and in the past nine months working at this clinic he'd only seen two people with higher scores (and I believe he also said both of those cases were obesity related, which my husband is not, has to do with how the back of his mouth is shaped). Doctor said regarding the oxygen he was getting, it's like he's been sleeping at the top of Mount Everest every night.

It sounds stupid, but I teared up a little at the doctor's office today going over the results. When we were first dating, he stayed over at my place sometimes, and right away I noticed the painful sounding snoring (could hear it two rooms away, and my room had concrete walls, being a converted garage), the choking, the stopping breathing bit (he stops breathing every 20 seconds) and weirdest of all, the fact that he often slept with his head raised about 2 inches off his pillow. His ex used to poke him when he snored, so he started sleeping like that because he didn't snore when he lifted his head up. I started shaking him and waking him up so he could change to laying on his side so he couldn't do it, try to keep his neck from getting hurt. This could be responsible for a LOT of the problems he's had in life, maybe even some issues we've encountered in our marriage, the way he deals with conflict (napping, getting too down to deal with it), and certainly our TTC attempts. I teared up because this is a ton of pain for him and a lot of insomnia for me (I sit up at night worrying about him and wind up sleeping in the day time when he's at school) that may go away now. It may be almost over.

It's a step closer to getting to where we need to be to get pregnant, and if nothing else it means a higher quality of life for us both.
So glad your hubby got the CPAP! I hope this is a great first step for you guys. And I totally know what you mean about staying awake at night--my DH snorts and chokes and has a hideous death-rattle snore, then stops breathing until I smack him back to life. He is refusing a sleep study at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy View Post

monkey.... I used to have acupuncture for my neck problems and really loved it. Those needles are not needles as we are used to thinking of them, you know... it is just not the same thing. Hope you will feel wonderful when you get to go!

Wonderful af, would not know it was here from how my body feels. But now, of course, it just leaves me to wonder if it is a good or a bad sign, as I used to have terribly painful periods before and after dd was conceived.

MBA.. Yeah, please call this thread whatever you would like. Right now my feelings are that this is the thread for those who cannot bare to look at the thread titles in the other forums... as if one could miss them when coming here.

I am anxious today... have been for some days. I think I might be a bit on the hyper side from too much thyroid medication or something. Who knows. I am feeling pretty depressed, too, which also goes with my hypo, whether I am under or over medicated. Nothing interests me today. I hate you, hypothyroidism and what you have done to my life. (And I love you, Armour and Thyroid, for having given my life back, even if balancing the meds is sometimnes very hard.)
LTB:
hug.gif

Quote:

Smiles, yeah, our little one just turned 22 months. He's really amazing me with how much he's learning! I'm very proud of him.
smile.gif
He is also the most social child I have ever seen, going up to people to flirt, smile, play, etc. I really want to give him a sibling and feel sad that it's taking so long.

LessTraveledBy, I'm sorry all your friends have so many children. I think that TTC is hard enough, but what really hurts are the constant reminders: pregnant women everywhere, seeing all the people with many young ones close in age, etc. I am constantly encountering women with a child my son's age who are pregnant or have a 2nd baby already or even pregnant with a 3rd already! And it's only getting worse as he gets older.

Which reminds me, crazy story of the week. We were talking a walk and encountered a woman with a daughter a couple weeks younger than my son. Of course she was heavily pregnant again.
eyesroll.gif
But that's not the best part. As I said, my son is very social, so he ran to the woman to smile at her. He ran right past me, and then she joked, "No, that's your mother. You know the difference because she's the one who is not pregnant." Um, ok. Thanks. I know she didn't mean anything by it; she just didn't think. Like most fertile people. Still, I was tempted to tell her actually we've been trying for like a year. Sigh.

miriam, nice titles.
orngtongue.gif
winky.gif

monkey,
hug.gif
regarding your grandfather.

lilmom, I'll keep you company at the waiting forever to ovulate station.

objet, I hope your husband is sleeping better soon.

kparker, when is the IUI? Are you close?

Sooo, still no period. Third day of spotting. My body likes to torture me. But I'm 14DPO (I think, but I couldn't temp, so this is based on OPKs and CM). I think I'll start bleeding today or tomorrow. And I'm annoyed with our insurance right now. We tried to add an option today (meaning we would be paying them more money), and they won't let us do it until the beginning of next year b/c "that's the rule". Stupid inflexible people. Grrr.
Sweet.Bee:
hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Thanks for the new thread, Miriam. Cool title ideas, though I'm not too sure about the spayed one. It brings dogs to mind, lol.

I've got another US tomorrow to check whether my cyst has shrunk at all. Hope so!
Kyamo: Hope your cyst is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilesarefree View Post

MBA - thanks for the new thread, I like the not spayed delayed!!!! I like your sense of humor and your positivity. I don't even know what the "one threads" mean, I just look for this thread and ignore pretty much everything else.

Monkey - Sorry about your grandfather
hug2.gif

Sweetbee - dd will be 21 months next week and I know how you feel about wanting to give him a sibling.

Objet - Glad to hear you and dh got some help - being tired all of the time certainly can't help ttc, maybe your luck is about to change!

Kyamo - shrink cyst shrink!!!

Everyone else - Hi!!!

AFM - CD 45!!! I started to have what looks like stretchy ewcm last night so maybe I am going to O. I should really start charting, I have always been so regular that I never bothered.
Smiles:
fingersx.gif
that O is coming. (I hate having to hunt for the stupid smilies, but I don't like the other format where you can just type in a command. ARGH.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Thanks for the new thread, MBA. Love the names!

Hi, rcr!
wave.gif

AFM, I'm 4 or 5 DPO. No hope, really, but DH was sick during O time and taking mucinex with sudafed, so I guess we experimented with that. There did seem to be more goop dripping out of me, but I don't know that sudafed had anything to do with it--it could have been because he was very well-hydrated for once. He has an appointment next week for another semen analysis, this time taking sudafed beforehand and also submitting a urine sample to check it for sperm. Then a week after that we go back to the urologist to see what we can see. Doobie-doo.

#18 ·
Hey Jenger - Nice to see a familiar face... um, name, around here. Yea, it plain sucks, huh. I actually had a 90 cell embryo in me, 5 days old, and I still can't get pregnant. I still have the picture of the embryo. Sheesh. I am so dumb for still hope that it will happen naturally.

Sorry you are down. I was there a while ago. I don't know how to get over it either, so I am useless.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post

Hi Ladies-

It's been a long, long while.

I have been mostly going to the infertility zone mostly for Sweet.Bee's reasons...

I just can't look. When I do, I occasionally click on threads that are bad for me.

But here's the thing. I need a little more support right now. The infertility one is slow.

I got a bfn this morning, 13dpo. I had hope, as I took clomid this round. I am dying, and not sure how to get back on with life.

Oh, rcr - I am so sorry to read that IVF didn't work. That plain sucks. BIG hugs to you. And congratulations on finding ways to deal. (That's what I need to do...)
jenger, we cross-posted. I'm so sorry you got a bfn. Was this a monitored cycle? I don't know about getting back on with life--I am not doing very well at that. But we all understand something of what you are going through, and somehow, you will go on. It just takes some time.
hug.gif

#20 ·
I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood for personals today, I'm not much of a cheerer-upper atm.

I just clicked on a mama here to see how she was doing with a breakup, and she has posted that she is afraid she is pregnant. Seriously?
shake.gif
I mean, obviously she is having her own struggles, but still... Some days those kind of threads seem like a personal insult.

I think I need to just stick with clicking on "subscriptions" at the top, so I don't see anything like that... Normally I don't see the thread titles in Fertility because that is how I do it...

#21 ·
Quote:

Kyamo, hoping your cyst went away!

Smiles, wow CD45. That's awful. Long cycles are so annoying. Have you ever temped? I ask because if you know what pre and post O temps are for you, you might be able to figure something out by starting tomorrow, even so late in a cycle. Also, have you taken an OPK today?

I'm having one of those days. First, there was the nonsense with our health insurance. Then some crazy guy starting shouting at me for crossing the street at the crosswalk b/c he was annoyed he had to stop his car to wait for us, as though our street in our small family-friendly town is a race track or something.
eyesroll.gif
And I'm on day 3 of spotting, which is like extended torture before the new cycle inevitably begins. When my son wakes up from his nap, I'm going to go into the city with him and try to cheer myself up by looking for a costume for him for Carnival.
I've never temped but I went out this afternoon and got me a thermometer, I'll start tomorrow. My husband thinks it's ridiculous that I'm going to take my temperature every morning. Do I have to do it before I get out of bed or can I do it as I get up? Would that mess it up? EWCM is increasing so I do think O is on it's way. I am out of opk's and I refuse to buy them at the drug store, it costs ~$50/box of 7 here!

All you ladies that are feeling down and out, wish I could say something to make you feel better.
grouphug.gif

#23 ·
wave.gif

I wanted to stick my head back in here, if it's okay? You'll find me in the "on hold" section.

A quick recap: 27yo, 3 losses, Jun 09, Nov 09, March 10. Been "wanting but waiting" for the last 12 months.

Have had every test in the book, and then some. In possession of a dicky uterus, which is the culprit for my RPL.

The plan from here is one last shot at a take home baby before moving on to adoption, surrogacy, whatever.

This time round I will be high intervention, trying vaso dilators and aspirin to combat my uterus' blow flow problems.

New bio please:

Jayde (27) - TTC#1 since 04/09. Battling endo, uterine abnormality and recurrent pregnancy loss.

Hoping for a take home baby in 2011

@MBA - hilarious thread titles - I especially love the "uterine doooom"

I'm sure you will get a kick out of this "retarded body club" shirt, which I designed for the Vets over @ P&BL

reta.jpg

@ everyone else - look forward to getting to know you all - but not for long!!!

#24 ·
MBA - Thanks for the new thread - my personal fav was Bitter Sushi Ladies-- Waitin', Frustratin' and Conversatin' - I love that one!

Monkey - Thinking of you, and wishing you peace during this difficult time.

I think I'm pretty awful at personals (it's only March 2 and I'm already way behind), but to whoever was asking about temping - Best to temp as soon as you wake up and before getting out of bed at all. Also best to keep it around the same time (at least within a half-hour). This is especially important for the first couple months of charting as you get the hang of things and learn what is normal for you (although it's always most accurate to take your temp before you get out of bed, movement will absolutely affect your temperature).

I also use subscriptions and I mostly just subscribe to a couple of threads. I've glanced at the one thread a couple times but I can't really imagine joining. I guess I sort of think of the quick BFP folks as sprinters and I'm trying to run a marathon. And it's great that they are doing sprints, good for them (truly, I got a quick BFP for my first pregnancy, so I get it), but I can't really train with them because even though were all aiming for the same finish line, we're just running totally different races. Hope that makes sense.

#25 ·
Thanks for all the good thoughts, everyone. My grandpa was supposed to get a pacemaker in tonight, so I'm just biting my nails waiting to hear how that went. The doctors have supposedly said they think 85% of his problems will be solved by the pacemaker. My dad is there with him now, and my mom should be getting there soon, if she's not already there, so at least I have some closer eyes and ears on the ground there. (Most of my other relatives live near my grandparents, but I'm not in close touch with any of them.)

As far as fertility... on my second night of Provera. Also, I never click on the fertility forum if I can help it - I always go straight to my subscriptions. Since I don't have any kids yet, and I'm already feeling too time crunched to make major shifts to a crunchier lifestyle, I pretty much just come here for you ladies!

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilesarefree View Post

I've never temped but I went out this afternoon and got me a thermometer, I'll start tomorrow. My husband thinks it's ridiculous that I'm going to take my temperature every morning. Do I have to do it before I get out of bed or can I do it as I get up? Would that mess it up? EWCM is increasing so I do think O is on it's way. I am out of opk's and I refuse to buy them at the drug store, it costs ~$50/box of 7 here!

All you ladies that are feeling down and out, wish I could say something to make you feel better.
grouphug.gif
Getting out of bed would affect your accuracy, you should stay laying down.

As for the OPKs, buying online is cheapest, but if you didn't know, Dollarama has HPTs and OPKs for $1.25 apiece.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.