Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor - worth it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I used internet cheapies when ttc DD and was fairly successful with them after a few months of getting frustrated with them. This time I am nursing and not temping so I'm wondering if buying a fertility monitor is worth it. We are using donor sperm so we really need to pinpoint O (which was super easy pre-DD as my cycles were very regular). Wwyd?

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#2 of 10 Old 03-03-2011, 02:36 PM

The CBFM can be a miracle tool if you have irregular cycles or cannot temp for whatever reason. I ovulate anytime from CD 13-CD 20 or so, so the CBFM has made a huge difference in helping us time things.  And I bought the monitor for something like $50 on Kijiji, so I didn't have to spend a fortune. The sticks are expensive though. However, you can avoid using all the sticks it requests.

Did I mention that I love my CBFM??? smile.gif So worth it.

#3 of 10 Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 PM

Love mine too, I am not as irregular as the PP but, I do vary some.  Really I just hate trying to decode the whole, is this line darker thing.  Hate it!   I didn't like to be second guessing.  And I only use sticks to get  me to O, and then stop even though it always wants more.  I got mine on ebay, I don't remember what I paid, but I think it included a box of sticks to get started. 

#4 of 10 Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 PM

This is only my first month trying to read those stupid OPK strips and I was not able to figure out if I was ever truly positive. I keep hearing amazing things about the CBFM, so I'm thinking about it. They're SO expensive though!!

Shelley (40) and SO (34) - TTC #1

My Chart!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340ddf
#5 of 10 Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! I ended up buying one off a friend who wasn't using it anymore. So, I didn't have to pay full price. I'm going to start using it next cycle and see how it goes!

#6 of 10 Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM

Carmen - keep us posted.

I also read somewhere else that we aren't supposed to use one that someone else has used, but I don't see what difference that would make. I really want one, but I just don't want to spend over $150 for one. There are a bunch of used ones on eBay, so I'm tempted.

My Chart!
#7 of 10 Old 03-18-2011, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Apparently you can reset them if you buy one second hand so it wipes out the memory. Someone online gave me instructions. If you buy a used one and need the instructions, let me know!

I'm concerned about the instruction to use FMU...I have NEVER been able to catch my surge with an opk in the morning....

#8 of 10 Old 03-18-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

Apparently you can reset them if you buy one second hand so it wipes out the memory. Someone online gave me instructions. If you buy a used one and need the instructions, let me know!

I'm concerned about the instruction to use FMU...I have NEVER been able to catch my surge with an opk in the morning....

Oh, that's awesome about the reset! I will definitely look for a used one online then! Hopefully, I won't need it, but odds are that I will. My OPKs never said to use FMU, but it didn't say not to either. I've seen a lot of women on message boards say NOT to use FMU though, so I was testing in the afternoon. Then again, I never got a full positive either. SO frustrating! That's why I don't really know if I for sure Od, and on top of that, my temps show my O as Monday instead of last week with the near positive OPK.

UGH!!!!

My Chart!
#9 of 10 Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Hi ya'll! I have a cbfm that I am not using. If anyone wants it, pm me and we will make a deal!

"Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high,  Still I'll rise." ~ Maya Angelou
#10 of 10 Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 PM

I really like using mine (I mean, I actually wish I wasn't, that I was knocked up already, but... if I am *still* ttc, the cbefm makes it easier... I got a new, but cosmetically damaged one on ebay, super cheap...

And it checks estrogen too - that and some oher reason which currently evades me is whay you need to use FMU...

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page