*****************TTC in our 20's March 2011********************* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 295 Old 03-05-2011, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dust.gifMarch 

Conceiving in our 20's

Conceiving #1

cbaa2010 (25) chart1.gif

chicajones (26)

daylicious (26)

FairyMe (25) 

Fnord

HerRoyallHighness
HopefullyMama (24)

IrishEyes421 (28)

jacqueline22 (25)
jeninejessica (25) 

maevankayt (27)

marykgrove (28)

milcah

ncrum (27)

SithLadyFred (23)

tantylynn (22/23)

VJSJ (28)

Conceiving #2

belacmsage (26)

Caitlin0919 (26)

filiadeluna (28)

GaleTX (29) 
Juste Leblanc (26)

KAS08 (26)  BFPChart2.gif

Katylady

LadyFaceMama (28)

OJazzy1 (25)  

Sweet.Bee (27)  

urchin_grey (25) 

Conceiving #3

lavatea (28) 

Onyxravnos (26)

March BFPs
birdhappy85

dashley111 (27) 

KaliShanti (29) 

APToddlerMama
ZoeJane'sMommy
Gemmine (26) BFPChart2.gif

SierraBell (29)

February BFPs

mal85 

tutucrazy

January BFPs
catieface (27)

OSTC (25) babyboy.gifbabyboy.gif chart1new.gif

Ababi (21)

December BFPs = 3
November BFP =3

October BFPs = 1
September BFPs = 3

August BFPs = 5
July BFPs = 3
June BFPs = 1
May BFPs = 9

If you would like to be added to our group or moved please make your request in bold. In an effort to keep the list organized and up to date, your name may be removed if you have not posted to this thread in two months.

Monday Check-In
Name:
Date:
Chart:
Where are you in your cycle:
Appointments:
Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts:

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 295 Old 03-05-2011, 10:34 AM

Hi! I'm new to the site and I'd like to be added to your group. I'm 25 years old and have been married for 1+ yrs. Hubby and I have been settled into our house for a full year now and I have become very "nesty!" I can't wait to start a family. February was our first month TTC #1 and I don't yet know if we succeeded or not. So I am possibly a March hopeful but still crossing my fingers for February!

Monday Check-In
Name:
Joanie
Date: 3/5/2011 (okay it's not a Monday yet but I'm eager!)
Chart: I don't have one that's public on a site. I might have to create one...
Where are you in your cycle: CD27 (average cycle is 25 days)
Appointments: N/A
Symptoms if they apply: Crazy mood swings (I went from angry to euphoric to crying in my bed within a 1-hour time frame yesterday... oye), tender breasts off and on but it's not unusual for me to experience that around the time my period is due, mid/lower back pain, exhausted
Testing: [updated 3/6/11] BFP!
Thoughts: I had some very weird cramping occur mid-cycle about 12 days ago. I am hoping it was implantation but I have no experience with that so I can't know for sure. I was just relaxing on the couch in the evening and my uterus started throbbing. I had this really weird fluttery feeling in it, almost like it was pulsating. There was no bleeding, though. Just cramping in my right ovary for a brief time and then in my uterus for several hours. It was no pelvic cramping I've ever experienced before and definitely coming from my uterus. Has anyone else experienced this before and been pregnant? Since my HPTs have been negative, I'm not sure how to feel about things. My husband thinks I'm pregnant just because of my mood swings. I feel so emotionally unstable, I can barely keep myself in check. It's exhausting.

Good luck to all!

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#3 of 295 Old 03-05-2011, 12:27 PM

Welcome birdhappy! Thanks for the new thread! Let's hope for lots of BFP this month! smile.gif
You can feel free to add my chart to the intro

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e1c71

Anyone want to take a look at my chart and see if you think FF is as crazy as I do? It changed my o day from cd11 to cd 13 twice and has switched between solid and dotted crosshairs a few times...I think both of those days are just too early for me! When I do a chart overlay there's a pretty clear pattern...so I'm hoping my temp goes down tomorrow and that I havnt o'd yet...I want to get some good bd'ing in with hubs wink1.gif fingers crossed!

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern... it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that . . . one stitch at a time, taken patiently." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

#4 of 295 Old 03-05-2011, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the new thread.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#5 of 295 Old 03-05-2011, 04:35 PM

Thanks for the March thread! I went to my first acupuncture appointment last Tuesday and I got a fertility treatment and some Chinese meds to help things along since my cycle has been crazy after the Mirena was removed 2/1. The doc recommended I start charting so I started charting for the first time. If anyone wants to look and tell me what they think that would be great. I also started using OPK tests daily to figure out when O might happen this cycle. Hopefully, these things will help us conceive this month!

Chart : http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33d0ce

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#6 of 295 Old 03-05-2011, 09:35 PM

Welcome, birdhappy!

daylicious: It's still a bit early. I can see how FF got day 13 but just hang on and bd some more until you're sure!

Ojazzy1: Hey! How have you been?

bela: Good luck!

I'm chillin' this cycle; will resume trying in the April cycle (but still charting my temps this month).

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#7 of 295 Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

Well I just found out... I'm pregnant! I woke up this morning at 4:00am and couldn't sleep. Queasy stomach with a headache. I took one of the Dollar Store brand pregnancy tests and it didn't look like it was going to be positive so I was getting disappointed again and then the second line showed up! I couldn't believe it! It got me thinking that maybe I didn't wait long enough for my test yesterday morning when I got the BFN. I had been kind of impatient and didn't use a timer... I looked back at the test I took yesterday and sure enough, it was positive. nono02.gif And how silly am I? I STILL was in disbelief so I went out and bought a digital test just to seal the deal. Sure enough, it said pregnant!

The hard part was waiting for hubby to wake up so I could tell him! I ended up waiting a few hours more and then couldn't take it so I jumped on the bed and woke him up. I had purchased a pack of his favorite energy drinks that he stopped drinking due to our midwife's advice at a preconception appointment. I put a bow on top and said, "Surprise! You can start drinking these again (within reason of course)." And he looked at me a little weird like, "Ooo cool...?" then I pulled out the pregnancy test from my back pocket and threw it on the blanket in front of him. He went from shocked to excited and proceeded to tell me again how he knew I had to be pregnant when I started going crazy emotional this week. Boy did I ever. I mentioned in my earlier post how I went from angry to happy to sad and crying within one hour the other day. Well last night we were out for dinner and my eyes started filling up with tears uncontrollably and I was like, "Oh my god, I feel like I'm about to cry, what is going on?!" and I told him to pretend that he was making me laugh really hard and 'reduced me to tears' so nobody around us would think something was wrong with me. ROTFLMAO.gif We both ended up bursting out laughing nonstop anyway because of how ridiculous it was that I had a random crying spell out in public!

Good luck to everyone else TTC. I'm cheering you all on!

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#8 of 295 Old 03-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Congrats birdhappy! So glad your stay with us was short.Gemmine: I'm doing OK. The other day I was pretty down and just told my DH that I give up. I think that is kind of where I am at now. I don't know if that is good or bad but there really isn't anything else to do! It is also really busy as we are rearranging work stuff and working on starting a business, finances are going to get really tight... fun fun, haha. I hope to see some other BFPs from the ladies here!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#9 of 295 Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Congratulations Birdhappy!

OJazzy1: Sorry if you mentioned this before but have you seen a doctor? Are there any explanation or possible troubles they can point to? Good luck on the new business, I have a few friends who have ventured out with success. It seems now is the perfect era to start your own thing.

Monday Check-In
Name: Gemmine
Date: 03-07
Chart: www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gemmine84
Where are you in your cycle: CD4
Symptoms if they apply: N/A
Testing: N/A
Thoughts: Skipping this cycle, will resume in April. We'll see how stressful/not stressful this month is just observing my temps. I know 13 pregnant women right now, so that's always fun. Went to the 1st of many upcoming baby showers yesterday. Fun times. Anyhoo, question. If I'm charting my temps on FF and I'm aware of checking CM and CF and using OPKs, is there still anything to learn from Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I'm trying to decide if I should buy it (my library only has the 1st edition, I think the 6th is out now) or if it would just be a waste. Would anyone recommend it?

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#10 of 295 Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 AM

Hi! I'm new to the site and would like to be in this group! Is it ok to be in two groups though? I've also just joined the infertility thread. I hope it's ok, cause I'd love to be able to be in here with other people in their 20's! I'm 22, almost 23 and my DH is 25. We've been TTC since May 2009, and until now have been stuck in the "we can do it ourselves" mode. We're just now facing up to the fact that it's not happening and we need to see a Dr. In the meantime of testing, etc we will continue TTC though, so fingers crossed!

If possible, please add me, thanks!

Name: tantylynn
Date: 3/8/11
Chart: none
Where are you in your cycle: CD#38 (avg cycle is 39)
Appointments: Not sure what this means, but I do have an appointment with GP tomorrow to address infertility issues
Symptoms if they apply: Lower back pain, bloating, mild cramping - pretty normal symptoms for AF
Testing: No, I'm kinda done testing. I hate seeing the BFN!
Thoughts:
Best of luck to those also TTC! Congrats to Birdhappy :)

T. Lynn

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#11 of 295 Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 AM

Gemmine: No, I have yet to see a doctor. I am a little anti doctor. I do have a midwife and have been taking herbs and working on things from that angle. I am debating on whether or not to get an at home semen test kit or not... wondering if it is worth it but it might eliminate me thinking that it might be DH and narrow it down to it probably being something with me and then we could go from there.

#12 of 295 Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Monday Check-In
Name: Caitlin
Chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d29b

Where are you in your cycle: CD6
Symptoms if they apply: N/A Just finished AF
Thoughts: We're officially trying this month! If this cycle is similar to my last one, we should be able to start next week sometime, hopefully Saturday or Sunday. I'm so excited!

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#13 of 295 Old 03-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Monday Check-In
Name: Daylicious
Chart: My Ovulation Chart

Where are you in your cycle: CD18
Symptoms if they apply: N/A
Thoughts: so my o date and coverline changed AGAIN! it's still dotted...but now it's moved to cd15...huh. Strange.

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern... it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that . . . one stitch at a time, taken patiently." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

#14 of 295 Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Congrats Birdy! 

Monday Check-In
Name: Dash
Date: 03/07
Chart: NA
Where are you in your cycle:  3 DPO
Appointments: None
Symptoms if they apply: Nope...
Testing:  Not yet.  Will try to hold out 11 more days.  We will see if that actually happens.
Thoughts:
  Already discouraged. Very discouraged. For no reason other than I'm terrified of getting myself all worked up and being disappointed.  This is month 1 of TTC after 2 surgeries on my tubes...so there's good reason to be nervous.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#15 of 295 Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Monday Check-In Name:

Date: 03/07

Chart: NA

Where are you in your cycle: CD 19

Appointments: None

Symptoms if they apply: Positive OPK today and some serious O pains.

Testing: Nope

Thoughts: Not really.

#16 of 295 Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM

Congrats Birdy! Here's to a HH 9 months!!

Tuesday Check-In
Name: FairyMe
Date: 03-08
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30c2d9
Where are you in your cycle:  CD 23
Appointments: Nada
Symptoms if they apply: O pain 2 days in a row now, full/heavy boobs and fatigue.
Testing: 2nd week of OPKs
Thoughts: please, please, please, pretty please let me O this week.
praying.gif

Me wild.gif, Him geek.gif, 1 of these eyesroll.gif, 1 of thesedust.gif, 1 of these  blahblah.gif and also one of these loveeyes.gif and we're hoping for one of these babyf.gif
#17 of 295 Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 AM

Congrats Birdhappy!

Fairyme, I know the feeling. I am in the same position right now.

Wednesday Check-In
Name: BelaCMSage
Date: 3/9
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33d0ce
Where are you in your cycle:  CD 17
Appointments: Had a second acupuncture appointment yesterday.
Symptoms if they apply: Nothing
Testing: OPKs since CD 6 and still nothing
Thoughts: Really, really hoping to O or start AF so that at least we can try again next cycle.

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#18 of 295 Old 03-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Wednesday Check-In
Name: Heather
Date: 3/9/11
Chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11a448
Where are you in your cycle: CD 39/ 14 DPO
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply: emotional and maybe slight cramping, just waiting for AF tomorrow or the next day
Testing: already did, BFN
Thoughts: Maybe RRL tea is actually preventing implanting.  Probably going to go without it next cycle.

Heather, DH Adam, DS Kayden 6/08, angel baby 10/10
#19 of 295 Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM

Congrats Birdhappy!

Sending everyone else good vibes! :) So yesterday FF FINALLY gave me solid crosshairs saying I o'd on cd17...I'm inclined to trust this day the most, just because it's around the time that I generally ovulate...and also it's around the time that DH and I did the most bd-ing ;) Time will tell I guess.

#20 of 295 Old 03-09-2011, 01:46 PM

I didn't know that RRL could prevent implantation.

#21 of 295 Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM

Hi Ladies!

I have been reading this thread for a while and thought I would ask to join this group.  I am 28 and DH is 32.  We have been married for 4 years and are just beginning TTC.  I had a Mirena removed on 3/1 and AF showed up almost immediately, which I figured would happen because I sort of knew where I was in my cycle when the Mirena was removed.  With those calculations I am about CD 9 or 10 on a 28 day cycle so am expecting to O early next week.  I am really hoping that I follow in the line of my mom and sister who both got PG easily and right away.  Hoping that things go smoothly!  Trying not to stress and obsess.....but I also know myself too well.  I would love to have other people to chat with who are going through the same thing and have advice and words of wisdom.  Thanks so much!

Wednesday Check-In
Name: Alison
Date: 3/9/11
Chart: none
yet

Where are you in your cycle: CD 9 or 10

Symptoms if they apply: n/a

Testing: n/a

Thoughts: VERY excited!

#22 of 295 Old 03-09-2011, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

******************UPDATED TO HERE***********************

Let me know if I missed anyone or anything.

Just an update on me. Took 50mg of clomid again this cycle and nothing I am cd 38 and no O. I do go to the doctor tomorrow and she will up me to 100mg...............I know it will work because I cheated last cycle and did 100mg and it worked like clock work. I am ok with this and getting hopeful but I am very sad that we will not have a baby in 2011, I thought we would have one in 2010.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#23 of 295 Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 PM

Hi, I'd like to join y'all if that's okay. I'm new to this site. My name is Vanessa, I'm 26. I've been married for 2 years and have a 14-month-old son. I'm torn between going back to school this fall and TTC #2. We decided to try this month. I'm only on my second PP cycle and this is our first cycle TTC! My DS was a pleasant surprise shrug.gif so I didn't find out I was pregnant until well over 20DPO. This is my first month ever TTC and I'm hoping it'll be as easy as the last time. I've read quite a few great books on charting/fertility awareness/NFP and think it's fascinating. I plan to use it to TTA in the future.

Friday Check-In
Name:
Vanessa
Date: 3/11/11
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/320f16
Where are you in your cycle:
CD30 ~9DPO
Symptoms if they apply: I have every symptom in the book! So who knows? I have been having a lot of BH type cramps over the past few days, which I had constantly throughout my first pregnancy (though not until 20 weeks+). 
Testing: Probably start tomorrow with an IC, but not expecting much. It took a long time to get a BFP with #1.
Thoughts: Wondering if my chart is going triphasic after a dip at 8DPO. I'm also worried I ovulated later than FF says. I also don't think this is my month. 

Thanks for letting me join :)

#24 of 295 Old 03-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJazzy1 View Post

I didn't know that RRL could prevent implantation.

I'm not sure if it can.  I just find it a little odd that I got pregnant the last two times in about one shot and now it's taking me at least 4 cycles.  I guess I could just be cursed.

#25 of 295 Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 PM

I am new to Mothering.com. I would like to be added to your list. This is only month #2 TTC.Hopefully soon we will see a +. :)

Monday Check-In
Name:Milcah
Date:3/11/2011
Chart:n/a
Where are you in your cycle:Day 11 My cycle since starting my period( I breastfeed) in November 2010have been regular(30day cycle).
Appointments:n/a
Symptoms if they apply: I have not have any symptoms.No cramping, mood swings,bloating,sick..nothing
Testing:n/a
Thoughts:

#26 of 295 Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 PM

Monday Check-In
Name: Jenelle
Date: 3/11/2011
Chart: My Ovulation Chart
Where are you in your cycle: CD 19 , 3 dpo
Appointments: gonna have progesterone level drawn on tues, 7 dpo
Symptoms if they apply: been a little moody/irritable, but don't think its realted at all since im just past ovulation lol
Testing: not sure, probably no sooner than 9 dpo though
Thoughts: Hoping to have a BFP this cycle. smile.gif

Im 28
and DH is 32. We have a son that is 3 years old. DH was on the fence about TTC #2 so its been a long haul getting him to this point. We started with my Jan. cycle actually trying, but werent real aggressive with it and just went with the flow. Ended up only getting one well timed BD In, day before Ovulation. Have been pg twice by DH, so I know He is capable of getting me pregnant, so that is a plus. Our other two pg's were oops and not planned at all, so I didnt think it would take but looking at me to fall preggo again. I had a feeling for some reason it might take longer this time when we actually planned it..since it always seems to happen that way doesnt it ...?!?! I am hoping it doesnt take too long though. Its frustrating b/c it took sooo long...almost a year...to get DH on the same page as me, and now we are FINALLY here..and its not happneed yet....its aggrevating!! We gave it more of an effort this month though with BD 3 days in a row before O, including the day of O, so im hoping we have a better chance.

I am a nurse and work night shift so my schedule is wakcy at times. I will try and keep up as much as I can.

#27 of 295 Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 AM

Name: Kali
Date: 3/12/2011
Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1553df
Where are you in your cycle: CD 77, 4DPO
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: nope
Thoughts: Just glad to have FINALLY ovulated on CD 73!! Hoping my LP is longer than 10 days and that net cycle is a tad more "normal"

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#28 of 295 Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM

KAS08: Haha. probably not cursed. I did look up a bunch of stuff on RRL and talk to midwife. I am told it isn't that because it is one of the most suggested women's herbs all the way around and is especially suggested when there is difficulty trying to conceive.

#29 of 295 Old 03-12-2011, 07:06 PM

OJazzy-  I only got the idea because I started drinking two tea bags in one cup and the next night I started spotting a few days earlier than usual before AF.  I figured the "upped" dosage is what might have caused the early spotting. 

#30 of 295 Old 03-12-2011, 09:27 PM

Fingers crossed for everyone!
Im feeling pretty positive (knock on wood)... I'm 6dpo, have been having breast tenderness, darkening of my nipples (sorry tmi!) I had a temp drop this am, some slight cramping and pink tinged cm....I'm hoping this means imp and a bfp in my future.
I'm really interested in the discussions on rrl tea...I'll have to do some research into it. smile.gif really enjoying being a part of this thread! Lots of great info smile.gif

Tags
Ttc

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page