The Magical ~ONE THREAD~ March 13-20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for March 13-20!!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper
 please let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

cecelia7
femmeknitzi
HopefullyMama
MommyMatsumoto 
Sourire 
  Stevi  
Taxlady
WildDoula

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2ww) headscratch.gif
Calycanth
Gemmine 
nishag 

PatchChild

Shelley71

VJSJ

shrug.gifWaitin' and Marinatin'shrug.gif

af.gifWaiting for Aunt Floaf.gif

blowkiss.gifWaiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating partner to be readyblowkiss.gif

jojobean    

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

chicajones

gozal

RoseRed

tantylynn   

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif
brichole1214

cbaa2010

cygknit

LadyScientist

Mummoth 

sleepingbeauty

slimkins

vivica2 

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

heartbeat.gifMarch BFP's!heartbeat.gif

TTCChloeOrConner 

Veronika01

heartbeat.gifFebruary BFP's!heartbeat.gif

not_telling 

DomerJen 

Nicolian 

Hykue  

TalkToMeNow BFPChart2.gif

Xerxella 

heartbeat.gifJanuary BFP's!heartbeat.gif

yellowdart 

ValH 

MelungeonMW  

Mommy2b4

LovingBaby

FarmerCathy

Jaclyn7

vtechmom BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gifDecember BFPs!heartbeat.gif

rockymtnmama BFPChart2.gif

LadyJennifer 

love4bob

Sarah2881

~savah~

jillybeans

callieollie

bonadl2

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#2 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

I chose a thread adjective starting with M because I am hoping to give some extra luck to MommyMatsumoto!

AFM - 5 DPO and I just ran out of progesterone cream. I ordered a new jar of it a few weeks ago, and according to the shipment tracking info it left the Canadian border on Friday, but I am afraid that taking a few days off the cream right around the time I usually start spotting (6-7 DPO) is going to kill my chances for this cycle :(

#3 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread!  Love the "M" giving MommyMatsumoto extra luck! 

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family
#4 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the new thread!!!

And thanks Sourie and Gemmine!  I'm pretty sad about the whole thing but with my over time and DH putting some money in with what we have in savings we SHOULD be okay.  We're just going to have to give up on the extras for a while.  But we will make it.  I think that if I get down to the wire we will be able to roll in some of the rest of what we can't get into our loan.  But then our payments will go up some. OH WELL...it will all work out in the end.

I am on my second day of temping and i have it figured to where 2 days a week i'll be temping at 520 am and then 5 days a week i'll be temping at 1:30pm...i know that's not ideal but with my schedule the way it is for work i have no choice.  at least come summer it will be halfway normal lol.

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#5 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 05:57 PM

MommyMatsumoto: Your LP last time looks like 13 days and today is 13 days so you'll know tomorrow!!! Get your test ready and tell your Diva Cup don't hate!

Hi everyone else!

AFM: CD10, just sitting in a waiting chair swinging my legs, chillin.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#6 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 06:12 PM

You're so sweet!  You make me feel loved.  love.gif

Regarding the progesterone cream... in the US we can get it at natural food stores.  Do you have one nearby?  Maybe it would hold you over until you get your order in.  FX for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

I chose a thread adjective starting with M because I am hoping to give some extra luck to MommyMatsumoto!

AFM - 5 DPO and I just ran out of progesterone cream. I ordered a new jar of it a few weeks ago, and according to the shipment tracking info it left the Canadian border on Friday, but I am afraid that taking a few days off the cream right around the time I usually start spotting (6-7 DPO) is going to kill my chances for this cycle :(

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#7 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post

Regarding the progesterone cream... in the US we can get it at natural food stores.  Do you have one nearby?  Maybe it would hold you over until you get your order in.  FX for you!!

Progesterone cream isn't available in Canada... I have to order it from the US.

#8 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Awh, pooper.  irked.gif

Quote:

Progesterone cream isn't available in Canada... I have to order it from the US.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#9 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

I was totally mentally prepared for not TTCing next month. DH and I agreed months ago to skip the March-April cycle so we wouldn't have a Christmas baby... well now DH thinks we should try anyways! I'm kind of freaking out about this change of plans... but anyways what we'll probably end up doing next cycle is NTNP... we'll just BD when we feel like it and see what happens. My chances of getting pregnant are pretty slim anyways so I guess its not that big of a risk.

#10 of 94 Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 PM

NTNP is when you normally get pregnant!

Mommy, I HOPE this magical thread does wonders for you!!! I DO! I would love to have someone I know in the Nov. DDC. It's so boring and lonely over there. =( LOL

AFM: Two weeks left in my quarter at school. WOOP. I can't wait to be done with this quarter. It was sooo boring. Next quarter will be a lot more challenging/fun. =) I got my marriage license today... Made 15 copies, so I can officially change my name OFFICIALLY this week. P.S. I got married 5 days ago. That's CRAZY. Time is already flying.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#11 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 05:23 AM

Thanks for the new thread! My fingers are crossed for you MommyMatsumoto,  I hope the magic works!!

AFM, DH is submitting his SA on the 17th, and then it's back to the dr on the 22nd for all of our results. I'm feeling pretty impatient, because I know that all of my test results are just sitting with the dr, waiting for me. But DH and I agreed to return together, find out together, and try to stay positive and supportive together. One more week, and then I'll (hopefully) know WTF is going on! I've signed up with Fertility Friend, and am reading all of the information on charting. I have a normal thermometer, but might wait to start charting when I get a BBT one, hopefully tomorrow. Does it make much of a difference? Well..I'm on CD43, but I've been spotting for 3 days now. Don't know what's going on there, but hopefully AF just shows up so I can start fresh with a new cycle. I'm a very logical, methodical person so I'm just really antsy and excited to get these results, and start with a treatment plan and charting!

Last week I started a 10-day trial of bikram (hot) yoga. I've been twice now, and I really like it. I have bad lower back pain and poor circulation, and it's helped some with relieving that. I have read that hot yoga may not be the best form of exercise for TTC, so I'm thinking that after the trial is up I'll probably switch to a normal yoga class, or even one targeted for fertility if I can find one. Anyone who would like to share their exercise routine, please feel free. I'm not sure how to balance on the line between exercising enough, and over-exerting myself. Also while we're at it (haha sorry)...what vitamins/supplements do you recommend? Other than folic acid, my dr didn't say anything about vitamins...

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#12 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

tantylynn, there is a huge difference between a BBT and a normal thermometer... a BBT has at least 1 extra decimal of precision, which you really need for your chart because sometimes .05 degrees can make a difference in knowing whether you ovulated or not!

My DH is getting his SA done tomorrow, but we won't get to see the test results for a while because they want me to do an ultrasound and HSG test first and they said to call and make an appointment for those on my next CD1, but I am going to be out of town for my next CD1-CD8 approximately so I have to wait until the cycle after!

I also had a bit of a struggle figuring out how much exercise I should do. When I first started TTC I was doing yoga 1x per week and aerobics 2x per week, but I found it stressful to have so many of my evenings taken up by activities (I also had acupuncture 1x per week so my only free night was Fridays!) so now I have scaled back to just yoga 1x per week and acupuncture once every 2 weeks and its a lot better... except that now I'm feeling out of shape and I am totally out of breath after I climb a flight of stairs! When the weather is nicer I will start biking to work and then I can have the best of both worlds!

For vitamins I am taking folic acid, a prenatal multivitamin and cod liver oil. I was taking a few other supplements for specific issues as well, but I've decided to stop taking them for a while.

AFM - wow this time change is really messing with me, getting up an hour earlier today was sooooooooo difficult. I wish I was back in Saskatchewan where there are no time changes!

#13 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 AM

The time change killed me, too.

Quote:

AFM - wow this time change is really messing with me, getting up an hour earlier today was sooooooooo difficult. I wish I was back in Saskatchewan where there are no time changes!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

#14 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 AM

Just got back from visiting J over Spring Break!  It was wonderful.  He's home this week.  Going to see if he wants to come to the faculty concert at my school tomorrow night (maybe that will keep him from coming to my convocation! I'm not ready!!)  

Borrowing the van from Dad.  It's a huge Ford utility van. o_O  Braved the NY Thruway for the first time alone this morning.  Wasn't that bad.  Sang along with my Queen CD and tried my best not to do anything dumb.

A is packing his boxes.  He's moving out before I am!  Woo!

Also, W turned 4!  I called her the day after her birthday (in my defense, it was still her birthday on this side of the world.  I mathed in the wrong direction.  Still getting the hang of this time zone difference nonsense!) She had a party and got a pretty pink princess dressie and all that good stuff.  She is really happy.  Talked to Z too. "Hi baby!" "Hi." "What are you doing?" "Hi." *facepalm*ROTFLMAO.gif

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#15 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 08:23 AM

Sourire: We're NTNP this month too even though my official stance is to skip this month. I'm on CD 11 so it's really hard not to pee on an OPK and side-eye the rest of this week since I will ovulate SOMEtime this week. Did I miss something with you though? You keep mentioning the next cycles and analyses, etc. but your chart shows 6DPO so you could be pregnant this cycle right?

tantylynn: I'd be going crazy waiting for the results! Not too much longer to go, hope you get some answers.

sleepingbeauty: Sorry if you've answered this already I'm sure you have but what's your situation? Where does J live? Are W and Z J's kids?

TTCCoC: I was up DURING the time change which was a mindfreak. When is your first appointment?

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#16 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

sleepingbeauty - I'm sure you've explained it in the past but I've never heard the whole story of who W and Z are, do you mind sharing again?

Congrats on driving on the Thruway... I learned to drive in Saskatchewan (the canadian equivalent of North Dakota) where all the drivers are super polite and there isn't that much traffic, so when I moved to Montreal I was too terrified to drive for years because drivers here are super aggressive and I went everywhere by public transit. About a year ago I convinced DH to trade in his gas guzzling manual-transmission car (which I couldn't drive because I hadn't learned manual and I was too scared to try to learn it here in Montreal) for a Prius that both of us could drive and I finally had to get over my fear of rude drivers... now I am just as bad as the rest of them... if I wasn't willing to cut people off I would never manage to change lanes on the highway here because nobody would let me in!

#17 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmine View Post

Sourire: We're NTNP this month too even though my official stance is to skip this month. I'm on CD 11 so it's really hard not to pee on an OPK and side-eye the rest of this week since I will ovulate SOMEtime this week. Did I miss something with you though? You keep mentioning the next cycles and analyses, etc. but your chart shows 6DPO so you could be pregnant this cycle right?

I could be pregnant but I'm probably going to start bleeding tomorrow, as usual, so my hopes aren't very high. I actually put on a pad this morning just in case, because I have started bleeding at 6DPO before! Boo for having a retardedly short LP... at least I am not left in suspense for very long every month :P

#18 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 10:17 AM

Please move me to Waiting to O. AF started this morning, a day early. Well, it's happened before, I just prefer the little bit longer cycle. Anyway, if AF doesn't flush out the yeast infection, I can now take medication for it, as I was afraid to during my LP.

I may have a line on some state health insurance. I plan to find out as quickly as possible if it will cover any sort of reproductive testing, I doubt it will, but it's worth a look.

Everybody Think Fertile Thoughts!!!

SleepingBeauty...   A moving out doesn't leave you in an unexpected pickle for rent, does it? I'm glad he's moving, the relief you will feel after he's gone will be extreme! I lived with an ex, it is very stressful.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#19 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 PM

Sourire - I'm hoping you have threadkeepers luck this month!  But it's good to see you're getting the ball rolling on the testing.  I've read that the HSG can reportedly increase fertility for a few months... fingers crossed that it does for you!  I'll be stalking to see how things turn out for you.  I'm rooting for a BFP very soon for you! 

Stevi - HUGS for AF showing up, and a day early at that.  I really wish she could take a hint and leave you alone for at least nine months! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#20 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 01:56 PM

Hi All,

I am new to the thread and would like to join. I guess I go under the "waiting to be ready" category.

I am on CD 16 of my first cycle without hormonal birth control (I was on it for 8 years). Thanks to these forums I have learned about FAM and now I really wish I had known about it sooner so as to never have had to go on BC. Anyway, so far I saw some gunky discharge for CD 11-15 and I *think* my cervix changed to Medium firmness but saw nothing like the fertile stretchy stuff they describe in TCOYF and my waking temperature has not gone up at all. I know that after going off BC it might take a while for things to get back to normal, but now that I am checking these things every day I am sort of disappointed that nothing seems to have happened in my first cycle off of BC.

What is everyone else's experience with going off of hormonal BC?  

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

#21 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gifLadyScientist! I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

I went off birth control 4 years ago and I have not had a normal cycle yet! I don't want to scare you though... I think most people are normal by the 2nd or 3rd cycle after they stop the pill. It is very exciting to discover how your body really works once you aren't taking the pill :) Also don't give up hope for this cycle yet... many people with perfectly normal cycles ovulate much later than CD14... CD17 seems to be a pretty time to ovulate.

If you are doing all that charting stuff I would suggest signing up for a free membership at fertilityfriend.com and entering your info there because many people here can look at your chart and give you advice!

#22 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 02:22 PM

hug2.gifto Stevi!  I think I started AF today as well.  I'm pretty confident, but too scared to call it because I thought I started 2 days ago and I was wrong!  Anyway, I hope there's a good side to AF which is cleaning out the infection.  And FX that you get the insurance and it covers reproductive testing!!

Welcome.gifLady Scientist!  I got pregnant 3 months after stopping BC pills.  I miscarried that pregnancy, but conceived my DD 5 months after the miscarriage.  I never did have normal cycles after BC, but that didn't seem to matter in the case of my DD.  Good luck to you!

#23 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

duh.gif Sorry AF started today MommyM & Stevi, a December DDC would be good!

Sourire- Do you do any TCM or just Acupuncture? Last cycle was my first with a whole month of TCM and the first ever that I didn't spot in my LP. I hope that your testing comes back with something conclusive so you can get your BFP soon!

Welcome LadyScientist- My experience is with NuvaRing, but it is still hormonal, my cycles got back to 25-30 days the first month, but I didn't start charting until almost a year later. Now I'm trying Acupuncture & TCM, but I hope that you don't need any of that. When are you planning on actively TTC?

AFM: CD4, AF should be on her way out tomorrow. I was not going to TTC this month, but now I am thinking maybe we will, my due date would be sometime around the 15th, which is before Christmas, and even in January it would be just as close to Christmas if we waited another month. So I'm torn. My grandma's services were this weekend and I am still emotionally and physically exhausted, and now my DH is sick so I'm hoping I don't catch it too.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#24 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM

Welcome, LadyScientist! I got pregnant very quickly after coming off hormonal BC all three times I have gotten pregnant. I came off the patch and got pregnant the first cycle. I then came off the pill (or mini-pill, can't remember) and got pregnant my first PP cycle. And this time I got pregnant the second cycle off of the pill. I hope you also have such luck. :)

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#25 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 07:22 PM

April 8th at 10am. 8 weeks, 3 days. =) That seems like FOREVERRR away. GAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmine View Post

TTCCoC: I was up DURING the time change which was a mindfreak. When is your first appointment?

#26 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

MommyM - so sorry about AF! I hope its another false alarm!

cbaa - I'm doing acupuncture only right now. I went to see an herbalist and she suggested a whole bunch of stuff for me, and gave me a tincture of stuff including vitex & dong quai, but then I looked up dong quai and found out that some people use it for birth control or to cause abortions so now I'm too scared to try anything she recommended. Also regarding taking a cycle off... I was having the conversation with my mom and she pointed out that even if the baby was due at the end of january or february, it could be born premature and you'd have a christmas baby anyways so there's really no point trying to control these things!

AFM - MY PROGESTERONE CREAM ARRIVED TODAY! but I wasn't there when the mailman passed by so now I have to go pick it up from the post office tomorrow evening, by which time I will almost certainly have started bleeding already greensad.gif

#27 of 94 Old 03-14-2011, 07:39 PM

Hi ladies.

I just joined this site tonight. It seems like I'm joining sites right and left now that we've decided to TTC. This was our first month, so I'm not expecting much. I got off BCP in October and I have high hopes that this is going to be my first normal cycle. I should have Od Weds, Thurs or Fri, so if that's the case then I either hope I'm PG or that AF does show her face in a couple weeks. Either one is welcome for me right now. After that, I better see a BFP!  :)

Shelley (40) and SO (34) - TTC #1

My Chart!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340ddf
#28 of 94 Old 03-15-2011, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gifShelley71! I've added you to the first post under Waiting to Know, let me know in bold whenever you want to be moved to a different section! I hope your cycles get back to normal soon! Do you have children already?

#29 of 94 Old 03-15-2011, 01:14 PM

Unfortunately, it's not a false alarm... greensad.gif but I'll take that luck with me to Hawaii next week and hopefully conceive my baby then!  I'd be due around my 29th birthday (December 21st) and I'd be thrilled!  I'll take a baby any time I can.

Regarding the TCM... I got mine from my acupuncturist so maybe yours doesn't think you need it.

Quote:

MommyM - so sorry about AF! I hope its another false alarm!

cbaa - I'm doing acupuncture only right now. I went to see an herbalist and she suggested a whole bunch of stuff for me, and gave me a tincture of stuff including vitex & dong quai, but then I looked up dong quai and found out that some people use it for birth control or to cause abortions so now I'm too scared to try anything she recommended. Also regarding taking a cycle off... I was having the conversation with my mom and she pointed out that even if the baby was due at the end of january or february, it could be born premature and you'd have a christmas baby anyways so there's really no point trying to control these things!

AFM - MY PROGESTERONE CREAM ARRIVED TODAY! but I wasn't there when the mailman passed by so now I have to go pick it up from the post office tomorrow evening, by which time I will almost certainly have started bleeding already greensad.gif

#30 of 94 Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM

I forgot... Can I be moved to waiting to O?  Please and thank you.  whistling.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page