Glutein and fertility... Info request!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-14-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone know anything about this?

I spelled gluten wrong. (blush)

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-15-2011, 07:20 AM

Stevi..  I've been gluten free for almost a year and half.  I never tested positive for celiac or anything, but it has truly made a world of difference in my gastro troubles.  My gastro doesn't think being gluten free is the real reason for my health getting better, but when I told my OB/GYN she was the first doctor to applaud my efforts.  She said she's seen evidence of women going off gluten and getting pregnant with in months.  If you feel like you're having an issue with gluten, it doesn't hurt to try and cut it out to see how you are feeling. I felt a huge difference with in three days.. 

Let me know if I can help you or if you want more information.

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#3 of 3 Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 PM

My RE is going to be testing me for celiac and if I remember correctly it can certainly have an affect on fertility, but I don't know all the details.  It can affect absorption of vitamins and nutrients which will affect your body in a lot of ways.  I do know that if you suspect you have celiac or gluten intolerance you should be tested for celiac before you remove gluten from your diet.  If you remove gluten before you test for celiac you can get a false negative result.  Gluten must be in your diet for the test to be accurate.   Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but wanted to share. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page