I hear Vitex is a God send next to Clomid, is that true? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 63 Old 05-02-2015, 10:04 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by jrose_lee View Post
<p>Well, it looks like I am about to start vitex again!  I posted earlier and explained that taking vitext was the only way I was able to get pregnant with ds1 and ds2.  I was kind of hoping that after lots of healthy eating these past years my cycles would be better this time.  Not looking likely.  Just had only a 5 day luteal phase and then the spotting began, which turned into AF today at only 8 days past ovulation. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>You know, I have heard that liquid vitext is better than capsules.  However, that being said, we concieved ds1 using capusules (femaprin) and ds2 using liquid vitex.  I'll probably use liquid again this time since I heard it works better.  Just to give others hope, we concieved both times my first cycle of taking vitex.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If we can concieve again I will probably take the vitex until 10 weeks and taper off again.  The unicorn root sounds good, but I guess I would just be nervous to switch the "routine" of what has worked in the past.  With each pregnancy I took vitex til 10 weeks and then lessened it before going off and we've got two great and healthy boys. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Concerning the above question, I think that vitex would be great for someone who ovulates some of the time.  I hope that after you are on it you will find you ovulate all the time )  I know that I actually didn't ovulate at all (started temping and realized this with my midwife) before taking vitex the first time to concieve.  I started ovulating right away. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck everyone!  I think I will probably start taking it again within the next month or so.</p>
hi,Were u taking both Vitex (liquid & caps) with any other supplement or was it just alone?
Sponsored Links
#62 of 63 Old 05-03-2015, 01:05 AM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
took capsules for my eldest and liquid vitex for the next two and then I was able to get pregnant with #4 without it!!!! Surprise baby! I wasn't taking anything else in particular. Sometimes a multi-vitamin. Although you could look into maca or red raspberry leaf tea. My midwife recommended green tea when I was ttc with my first. Dessicated liver would be good too, if you have tons of money for supplements, which I never do!

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#63 of 63 Old 06-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I just started taking Vitex, Maca Root, Prenatal Pills today! I have PCOS so im accustomed to feel any movement in my Uterus because my cycles are rare LOL. So with that being said, I took my first Vitex pill about 2 hours ago and I'm already cramping! is that normal?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page