Nursing Mamas TTC APRIL - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

congratulations on the bfp purpletulip!!! 

eta, it might be helpful to stalk the ddc's and look for the nursing mamas threads in some of them to see how those preggy mamas were dealing with the nursing babes.  i know there was one for nov ddc since i was in and out of that one.  ;)  gl!

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#152 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 AM

Congratulations, purpletulip! joy.gif How long has your lp been? I'm struggling with the same issue...

I'm on CD22 and no sign of O this cycle. It still could happen as I O'd on CD25 my second pp cycle. However, my cycle length seems to have normalized so I'm expecting a not great lp. Argh. We were supposed to try with our donor next cycle but I think if I haven't O'd by CD21 we're not going to bother. DD has been nursing like a newborn (ok, maybe not that much but still....) the past week...first because of a flu and now because of molars we think. I got the results of my FSH and TSH and both are great. I'm going to do a 7dpo progesterone test this cycle.

Question for you all....if I am O'ing but just have a short lp is it worth it to go ahead and inseminate and ask my doc for progesterone? Or would that only work if low progesterone is indeed the issue.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#153 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 PM

carmen358-- I had the 7dpo progesterone last month and that showed that despit having a thermal shift and +opk, I didn't actually ovulate.  Very disappointing.  Us nursing mamas have more anovulatory cycles than other women ttc.  Supposedly, a robust o normally makes for adequate progesterone until the placenta can take over.  I'm having the same 7dpo progesterone taken this month.  Let's hope we o!  I've got my +opk and BD'ing like mad. 

#154 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 03:53 PM

Congrats purpletulip!! Praying for a sticky bean for you!!

I have a way TMI question. Is there a way so tell EWCM from DTD leftovers blush.gif? We have been BDing quite a bit, and since I don't temp I'm not sure if I o'd, and didn't know if it was EWCM that I was having.

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#155 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlaj11 View Post

Congrats purpletulip!! Praying for a sticky bean for you!!

I have a way TMI question. Is there a way so tell EWCM from DTD leftovers blush.gif? We have been BDing quite a bit, and since I don't temp I'm not sure if I o'd, and didn't know if it was EWCM that I was having.

Yes! You can put the mucus/leftovers in water. The leftovers will disolve, mucus will not.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#156 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM

FF thinks  I didn't O this month. Wah.  I can't get too anxious, though, because we are not quite actively TTCing and I only just had my first PPAC April 2.  SIGH, though.  Anyone have an opinion about whether it makes sense to use opk when nursing and TTC?  Or am I just ridiculously impatient ( could be!!! )

Purpletulip, very much hoping all is well with you and your babe!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#157 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmTheWife View Post

I'd like to join!

I am waiting for the return of pp AF after the birth of my son 5/2010.  While I've enjoyed 21 months without AF, my DH and I are ready to TTC.

We have begun to work on night weaning, and I just started taking Vitex to hopefully help jump start my cycles, as I've been having symptoms of it trying to come back for about a month.  I plan to start temping again this week.

Welcome and good luck! smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpletulip View Post

Hi ladies, 

For those who have already gotten pregnant while BF'ing, did you change anything about nursing after you got pregnant?  I'm assuming that if you were able to conceive while BF'ing that it was safe to keep nursing the same. Also, did you find it more uncomfortable?

I just got a BFP on Sunday at 10 or 11 dpo (woo hoo!) and I'm super nervous about a chemical pregnancy since my LP has been on the short side. I'm wondering what effect BF'ing has at this point, and my nipples are more sensitive so I'm not enjoying nursing at the moment. 

Thanks in advance! :-)

Congratulations, purpletulip! Hope you have an awesome pregnancy. love.gifMy last two pregnancies I conceived while nursing, nursed throughout pregnancy and I even tandemed for a couple months with the last two! It was incredibly uncomfortable in the first trimester with the nipple sensitivity, difficult to keep going at times! But I'm glad I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post

Yes! You can put the mucus/leftovers in water. The leftovers will disolve, mucus will not.

Wow, I never knew that! I've wondered the same thing in the past. innocent.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post

FF thinks  I didn't O this month. Wah.  I can't get too anxious, though, because we are not quite actively TTCing and I only just had my first PPAC April 2.  SIGH, though.  Anyone have an opinion about whether it makes sense to use opk when nursing and TTC?  Or am I just ridiculously impatient ( could be!!! )

Purpletulip, very much hoping all is well with you and your babe!

Oh dear. Some people's cycles take a while to normalize after returning. As for the OPK thing, I just use them when I have fertile mucous and a soft, high, open, wet (SHOW) cervix. That's how I caught my first O and got AF 13 days later. And I definitely buy the cheapies so I don't feel bad using 5 or 10!

As for me, dh and I are so, so sick as a dog (high fever, etc) and I am on CD12 and have fertile mucous. So I doubt we will feel up to dtd and even if we were I'm not sure I'd want to with this virus ravaging me! irked.gif Not holding out much hope.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#158 of 178 Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaronsmom View Post

carmen358-- I had the 7dpo progesterone last month and that showed that despit having a thermal shift and +opk, I didn't actually ovulate.  Very disappointing.  Us nursing mamas have more anovulatory cycles than other women ttc.  Supposedly, a robust o normally makes for adequate progesterone until the placenta can take over.  I'm having the same 7dpo progesterone taken this month.  Let's hope we o!  I've got my +opk and BD'ing like mad. 

Hmm. Interesting. I guess I just assumed I was O'ing because I had the positive opk, tons of ewcm that matched the opk and O pain. I didn't even think that I might not be O'ing! Hopefully my prog. test will give me some more answers then!

Good luck to you!!

#159 of 178 Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 AM

jaronsmom: Just wondering how your doctor can know for sure if you are or aren't ovulating without an ultrasound? I am a sonographer and you can tell easily if you have ovulated by checking to see if your dominant follicle has ruptured (becomes the corpus luteum). For myself, I have found that the thermal shift always leads to ovulation and a corpus luteum to prove it. I understand however, that not everyone is the same. I as well have a luteal phase defect, so progesterone is the way to go! Anyways, just wanted to give you some hope that hormonal bloodwork ain't the be all and end all for determining ovulation. It would help to tell whether we are any good at holding those little implanted eggs in there (I am no good!)

Hope this helps you feel a bit more confident in your thermal shifts! :)

Me (30); DH (35) geek.gif, married since Oct. 2008. Blessed with DS (2) babyboy.gif . On Femara and Endometrin for short luteal phase. Expecting #2 Apr 1, 2012! stork-boy.gif

#160 of 178 Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Hi all, I am a newbie to these threads.  I am not TTC quite yet, so I hope that's ok!  I'm here for information!  

I have a wonderful 9 month old DS who is still BF on demand and there's no sign of AF yet!

DH and I would like to start TTC either at the end of this summer (if I return to my current job when DS is 1) or early next year (if I get a new job).  I'm planning on BFing until DS decides we're done (or at least that's the plan for now) so I'm not sure how that will play into things!

There are a TON of posts in this April thread so I'll read what I can and try to get to know everyone and catch up in May!

Thanks and baby dust to all you TTC!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#161 of 178 Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 AM

boo.  bfn today on 10dpo.  or, would it really be 10 dpo if it's 10 days past a positive on the opk?  i don't know how those things work, exactly.  i really need to stop buying all these hpts.  banghead.gif

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#162 of 178 Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 AM

Hi, I want to join!  DD is now 10 months, and I think we're ready to admit that we've been TTC for a while nowsmile.gif 

No ppaf yet, and still nursing quite a bit.  I've been trying to cut back some, but DD has not been interested in food hardly at all for the last two months.  Frustrating, but I'm glad to be what she wants right now.  I never had periods before getting pregnant (we used clomid to treat my PCOS), but I did a lot of reading since then and started vitex a few months ago.  Anyone have success with this?  I don't want to give up nursing completely, but I know my body probably needs some help if we're going to get pregnant again.

#163 of 178 Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM

Texasfarmmom- Thanks for the info!! orngbiggrin.gif

hildare- I hear you... I got a BFN yesterday at 10dpo (if I o'd!), too. It's all I can do to wait until after AF is supposed to be here to test again.

Welcome, ohiogirl!! I don't have any info on vitex, but I hope your stay here is short and sweet!!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#164 of 178 Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Patches - I started temping BECAUSE I was unsure if I was ovulating smile.gif I was able to see that i was in fact ovulating and it has cleared things up quite a bit for me!  I agree, it is NOT fun; especially when doing it vaginally!  But I'm a sometimes nighttime mouth breather, lol.

lactatinggirl - Yay for O!

EmTheWife - WELCOME!!

purpletulip - CONGRATS!!

blissful_maia - I hope you get well soon, and are still able to catch that eggy!

nstewart - WELCOME!! Of course you are welcome here!  I've added you to "waiting to be ready."

hildare - You're LH surge occurs 18-36hrs before O, so I would assume that O occurred the day AFTER your pos OPK, making you 1 DPO less.  Even then, 10 DPO is still pretty early for a BFP!  if you can, try to hold out until 18 DPO, that's the recommendation that I've heard.

ohiogirl01 - WELCOME!!  I've just started Vitex as well; hopefully we both get the resluts we're looking for!

AFM - I've been slacking on the updates the last few days because we had family in town that would want to look on if I got on the computer, but we haven't told them about us TTC yet...soo, yeah, I just didn't really log on while they were here.  Plus, we were doing so many fun things and our days were packed because they weren't staying very long.  I'm Still waiting for O, but I have majorly slacked on temping while we had company!  Hopefully I fall back in to the habit tomorrow morning.

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

#165 of 178 Old 04-28-2011, 02:58 PM

Welcome ohiogirl01 and welcome back Bugglette. smile.gif Sounds like you enjoyed your company!

Has anyone ever had red- and brown-streaked EWCM? I am on CD 15 and have tons and tons of EWCM but it's far from clear. I'm worried it has something to do with being sick or all the ibuprofen etc I've been taking!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#166 of 178 Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

I remember the author of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" saying that EWCM can be clear, or streaked with yellow, white, red or brown and still be normal.  Maybe it's blood from O?  Which can occur before, during and/or after actual O. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

Welcome ohiogirl01 and welcome back Bugglette. smile.gif Sounds like you enjoyed your company!

Has anyone ever had red- and brown-streaked EWCM? I am on CD 15 and have tons and tons of EWCM but it's far from clear. I'm worried it has something to do with being sick or all the ibuprofen etc I've been taking!

#167 of 178 Old 04-29-2011, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

If I remember correctly from TCOYF, some women spot when they O? Something about hormone surges? 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#168 of 178 Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi all,

I'd like to join this forum!  I would be considered to be in the 2WW...

My DS is almost 9 months old, and is quite an active nurser.  To my surprise, I've had AF 3 times so far and they've been just slightly longer than what they were before pregnancy... I'm really hoping not to get a 4th because of a BFP!  I'm suspect I'm ovulating, as I have had positive OPKs when I've tested for the last two cycles, plus I've had ovulatory pain.  However, I can't be as sure as I 'd like, since the temping has been hit and miss (my DS co-sleeps with us most of the night, and it's been erratic in terms of getting enough consecutive hours of sleep, a consistent time that I'm takin it, and sometimes I just forget because I'm so tired).  With my last cycle, I ovluated late (day 25) and AF came at day 36-- my luteal phase was a bit short compared to what it normally is.  This time around, I detected a surge yesterday (day 19), have really strong pains in my right side today, and I'm hoping this means that I have ovulated or will be shortly, and that I have a longer luteal phase. 

I've been reading this forum with interest and I look forward to hearing more about everyone's journeys, and hope to pick up some helpful info along the way for myself.  I'm glad that we can support one another!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#169 of 178 Old 04-30-2011, 06:47 PM

Hi there,

Joining, please, waiting to catch that first PP eggie.

DS is almost 13 month old and I am his food almost entirely. From past experience, it may take me well another year for AF to come back, and likely only so with a bit of nudging. Starting to do my research now how to nudge......

proud mama of DS (April 03), DD (Oct 06), angel1.gif (March 09), DS (April 10), DD (Oct 12)

#170 of 178 Old 04-30-2011, 08:31 PM

Hi girls, I'm joining the cause here... although I recently had a baby just 5 months ago - are we crazy or what??!  Although I didn't want to have the next one so soon, we have some life factors such as age that would make it a good thing. Anyways, I got my first PP AF back after 12 weeks pp. Perhaps I am having anov cycles now, not so sure if I'm even ovulating... but I'm going on CD 34 now and wondering if AF is around the corner. No real signs, though. My last cycles were only 28 and 30 days long. I'm EBFing my little one and co-sleeping. I thought once the cycles started, they would be regular. But maybe some are shorter and some are longer? I'm really a fertile mertile normally, but the hormones are all crazy now.  Solid BFNs so far...

#171 of 178 Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 PM

Hi girls, I'm joining the cause here... although I recently had a baby just 5 months ago - are we crazy or what??!  Although I didn't want to have the next one so soon, we have some life factors such as age that would make it a good thing. Anyways, I got my first PP AF back after 12 weeks pp. Perhaps I am having anov cycles now, not so sure if I'm even ovulating... but I'm going on CD 34 now and wondering if AF is around the corner. No real signs, though. My last cycles were only 28 and 30 days long. I'm EBFing my little one and co-sleeping. I thought once the cycles started, they would be regular. But maybe some are shorter and some are longer? I'm really a fertile mertile normally, but the hormones are all crazy now.  Solid BFNs so far...

#172 of 178 Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 PM

Hey Bugglette, you can move me to Waiting to Know/2WW. I am pretty bummed since I am just starting to feel better today and my fertile CM has all but dried up. We only dtd once in the past week. Sigh. 

#173 of 178 Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 PM

OMG... I've been taking dollar store tests since April 20th (last af was March 25th). All were super blank white. I figured af was on its way.. fast forward to last monday, April 25th, saw a light pink spot on the toilet paper in the am, assumed af was starting. Af never came, hadnt tested again until Friday, April 29th, it was neg. Saturday morning, for whatever reason dh digs out the test from the garbage and says he sees a line, I go to look, and I can now see something, but I figure its an evap line. Take another dollar store test on Saturday night, see the same super squinty pale line. Finally decide to go buy a clearblue digital and poas tonight "PREGNANT"!!!!!!

OMG. I have no idea when I ovulated, I didnt write down when we dtd. With dd I was tempting, taking ovulation tests, charting.. I knew exactly when I o'd (cd18 or 19). I got my bfp with dd at 9dpo. 

I'm excited but I dont feel like its real. DD is 20 months, nurses a lot, and has only just started eating solids, so Im really hoping my milk sticks around for a looong time. She really doesn't eat much "food" yet. 

OMG. AHHH 

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#174 of 178 Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM

Yay, Carolyn_mtl!!! Awesome news! Enjoy your pregnancy and the pregnant and/or tandem-nursing experience! H&H 9 months.

#175 of 178 Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hurray to all you mamas that got BFP this month!!!

Can you add me to waiting to be ready?  DD1 is almost 3 years and DD2 is 8 months.  I am thinking we will be ready around 18 months, but I always love to stick around here since I am BFing and wanting to have another.  I graduated this group last December when I got pregnant with DD2.  I am still nursing both my girls!  No AF in sight though.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#176 of 178 Old 05-01-2011, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!    (and the may thread is going up when I'm done with this post, lol)

Tenzinsmama-  WELCOME!!  FX for you in your 2WW!  I look forward to getting to know you better, but hopefully you're stay here will not exceed those 2 weeks winky.gif

mooninLion-  WELCOME!!  I hope your eggy shows up soon!

pixelmixel- WELCOME!!  I put you in waiting to O for now, but let me know if you'd rather be somewhere else.  My cycle lengths vary GREATLY, Since DS, my cycles had been 31-61 days long (avg 51), but my last cycle was 130+ days wild.gif  I was scratching my head at CD 60 or so as to what was going on, and that is when I descided to start temping and charting to try to figure out what the heck my body was up to.  I was able to detect my O on CD 120 with a sustained temp shift.  I really recommend you start temping, if you can (with a youngin' and all).

blissful_maia-  I'm glad you're starting to feel better, and hopefully that one time was all that was needed!  FX!

Carolyn_mtl- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Our first May BFP!  H&H 9 months!

ETA: The May thread is now UP!

#177 of 178 Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM

Congratulations, carolyn!!! joy.gif

Welcome to all the new mamas joining us! wave.gif Spring must be in the air...it's busy around here!

Afm: I'm on CD28, finally got a positive opk yesterday and have lots of ewcm again today. Temp is still down so thinking (hoping!) I O today or tomorrow. Wow, this is the latest I've O'd. We aren't trying this cycle but it's a whacky cycle and not giving me much hope that we should go ahead with the insemination next cycle. I'm trying to be patient! Off to acupuncture tomorrow.

#178 of 178 Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Omigosh...Bugglette - Well, I have a shocking BFP to report!!! I got 2 BFPs using a digital test last night, and now I'm in shock...My first day of my LMP was March 28... I am 5 months postpartum, and my period had started up again at 3 months postpartum. But then in April, AF didn't come... I knew we had taken 1 pregnancy risk, but I also thought it was just an irregular cycle because of exclusively breastfeeding my 5 month old.  I knew we had taken a chance w/o protection one time, and the next day I realized I was probably ovulating!!!  So it's been a waiting game ever since... I had taken 6 - yes, SIX - tests in the past two weeks all saying NEGATIVE. I let a week or so go by, and told SO to pick up another test just in case. Well... I am such a fertile mertile apparently. So I'm apparently 6 weeks along, and due January 2. And I just had a baby on December 2!!! I also have a 7 year old son, also conceived while not trying - while on the pill!!!!! We are very blessed, apparently - and I have a whole lot of planning and life rearranging to do now! I had been planning on quitting my job in the near future, growing our small home-based businesses, etc. so it was with relief that those negative tests came in. But now with a BFP, we are going to be grateful and thankful for this next child!!! I can't believe I'm pregnant!!! I just went through this!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page