Demeter_shima

mariacm

peaches'mom~

summerbaby~

Summersquash

Xerxella~

April Thread Hostess Bugglette

Please put all changes in bold

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

SoCaliMommy, I'm so glad your pregnancy is progressing well! How are you feeling?

I've been away for a few days... lots of new posts but welcome to the new mamas, congrats to the freshly pregnant, and baby dust to all those waitinglove.gif

As for me, I have been using OPKs since I had that strange light spotting earlier in the month and today I got a BLARING positive! Yesterday the test line was alllllllmost the color of control and today it's at least twice as dark! dh and I dtd yesterday and if ds ever goes to sleep hopefully we will tonight too! Wish me luck mamas! I'm so excited my first PP egg is on it's way! joy.gif

Just re-posting the above since I posted it just as the new thread was being opened! 

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#3 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay blissful_maia!!!  I hope you catch that egg!

#4 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 AM

You can move me to 2ww! I have been charting and I have now had 5 days of the highest temps I've seen pp. I nightweaned and started vitex (chasteberry) 3 weeks ago so I guess one of those or both combined finally made the difference. We only dtd once 2 days before I O'd so I don't think my chances are too high this month (actually I wouldn't be thrilled with a due date right around Christmas so I'm kinda hoping not).  I'm just excited that hopefully I will be getting fertile cycles in the next few months. Good luck to the rest of you!

#5 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 11:04 AM

Can I be moved to the TWW as well? I think it might have gotten switched back when the new thread was put up. I've been feeling a tiny bit crampy this morning, which I think must be in my head because I'm only 4 or 5 dpo... so we'll see, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.

#6 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 11:21 AM

I took soy this month, and am doing OPK. I've had about 3 days of positive tests, and yesterday confirmed with a digi and got a smiley so hopefully I O'd. I wasn't sure on the last couple cycles if I did, but I'm thinking this might be a good month. Not a lot of CM, but have been helping that along so hopefully we'll catch this egg!

GL Ladies!

#7 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 AM

Thanks Buglette for hosting!

Congrats to the new BFPs!!

AFM- AF decided to not show up last month (had my first ppAF in Feb.). I had lots of crazy CM and can't sleep/really thirsty symptoms right before she was supposed to show up and then nothing. I've "failed" several HPT's. I will probably test again in a couple of weeks, but I guess things will probably just be funky as DS is nursing like crazy with these new teeth coming in...

Good luck to everyone. I'm hoping april showers bring lots of BFPs!

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

#8 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

blissful_maia~Hope you catch the first pp egg. I'm feeling great.

fingersx.gif for everyone in the 2ww.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#9 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Hi!  I'd like to join... I'm in 2WW.  I'm nursing my 15-month old and we're part-time co-sleepers.  I just started charting after my CBEFM let me down for 3 cycles.  Anyone have experience with the CBEFM?  I am not able to get my BBT perfectly everytime (um, co-sleep with a toddler, anyone?) but it's given me a clear thermal shift 2 cycles, with fertile CM, that my monitor completely missed.  Does anyone have experience with soy or vitex and nursing?  Good luck to everyone!   

#10 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 05:17 PM

Hi, I am 10 DPO here.  Trying to decide when to test.  I am due for AF maybe Sunday or Monday, but last month it was a week late, so who knows!  I am away from home this weekend, without any tests, so I should last until at least Monday!  I am having some mild cramping/twinges, but I felt the same way last month, I guess I will know more in a few days. 

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#11 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Welcome jaronsmom!

#12 of 178 Old 04-01-2011, 07:30 PM

Hi, I would like to join. I think I should be in "waiting to o". My DD just turned a year and I haven't had AF yet.
#13 of 178 Old 04-02-2011, 07:10 AM

I'm still waiting for pp AF to return. I'm not charting or using OPKs. I'm too lazy/tired/awake so many times at night to chart, and I'm not interested in using OPKs. So...hopefully I will 'accidentally' catch that first pp egg!  I do hope I start Oing again soon! :)

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#14 of 178 Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 PM

Congrats to all you BFPs! 

I can't wait until we can TTC! Gah the waiting game sucks! 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#15 of 178 Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here!

Welcome CrunchyMama!

Do you have a set start date to TTC, lactatinggirl?  Waiting is the worst, hope you get to start soon!

#16 of 178 Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM

4 months and counting! 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#17 of 178 Old 04-03-2011, 07:48 AM

Welcome jaronsmom and CrunchyMama74!! Hope your stays here are short!

Ava'sMama, we will be watching for your post on Monday! Good luck! dust.gif

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#18 of 178 Old 04-03-2011, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Once again, the CBEFM said today is my peak day but FF said I'd ovulated day 16 of my cycle... hard to guess what's going on.  FF readjusted its calculations based on the CBEFM.  This is such a rollercoaster at times.  Thankfully, DH is rolling with it.  Is anyone else experiencing times of fertile CM at multiple times during a cycle?  Any tips for getting reliable BBT when sleeping with a toddler?

#19 of 178 Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaronsmom View Post

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Once again, the CBEFM said today is my peak day but FF said I'd ovulated day 16 of my cycle... hard to guess what's going on.  FF readjusted its calculations based on the CBEFM.  This is such a rollercoaster at times.  Thankfully, DH is rolling with it.  Is anyone else experiencing times of fertile CM at multiple times during a cycle?  Any tips for getting reliable BBT when sleeping with a toddler?

YES!  Do you have long cycles?  When you have long cycles your temps will rise and fall repeatedly, there will be patches of fertile CM and FF will mark O before it actually takes place. I haven't been charting long...about a month....but if you take a look at my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340d7a  FF originally predicted that I O'd on CD 100, but took that prediction away when my temps dropped and no AF was recorded.  Later, it gave me CH on CD 119....updated it to CD 120 when I put the temp in on CD 125....but I am cosidering it 'true' O because my temps have remained high.  If that makes sense.   I'm not very good at remembering to check/record my CM, but I know that I had patches of fertile CM throughout my cycle. I know my cycle is excessively long this time, but I'm usually hovering at a 51-day cycle average...and have 'waves' of fertile CM in those cycles too. HTH!

ETA: My DS sleeps in his own room, but usually comes in to our room between 5am and 7am.  I have my alarm set to temp at 7...but if he wakes me up before that, I take my temp right away and adjust it according to the rules in "Taking Charge of Your Fertility."  For every 30min you take your temp early you raise your temp .10 deg F, and lower it .10 deg F for every 30 min you take it late.  Up to 2hours.  If I take my temp 2hrs earlier or later than 7am, I still record it but state it's true time in FF.  Most people can still detect a temp shift even with sleep disruptions and nursing.  HTH too!

#20 of 178 Old 04-03-2011, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

I have a question for y'all...a WWYD type thing.  I was planning to POAS on 19/20DPO, which is when FF recommends I test.  FF is estimating that AF would arrive on CD 15/16 and I just realized that that is April 8th (Friday), and would be the 16th Anniversary of my father's death.  I think it would be really awesome to get a BFP on a day that is usually marked with sadness for me, but testing could make the day worse than it will already be, if I were to get a BFN.  Should I take a test on Friday and just deal if it's neg,  or wait until the 12th (Tues; 19/20DPO), WWYD??

#21 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 06:17 AM

Good Morning everyone - I didn't take a test this morning.  I am finding that now that I am temping, I feel a little more patient about POAS!  My temps are still up and today is cycle day 28.  My cycle lengths since getting my first AF in December have been 27, 28, 34.  So, I honesty have no idea when I should test!!??  When does temp usually drop, on the day of your AF?  Bugglette, thanks for the pointers on adjusting the temperatured, I might try to go back and do that in my chart and see it is looks less up and down!!  Any suggestions on when I should test?  I def have 4 tests sitting and waiting for me!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#22 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Ava's Mama- Your temp should drop the day before, or the day of first real flow.  I've read that 18DPO is the best time to POAS. How many DPO are you today?

#23 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 AM

HI all,

I haven't been around for a while.  We are actively TTCing again and this is our maybe 4th cycle.  I just started charting just my symptoms not temp yet.

I have a question since we are all nursing moms.  You know they say nursing makes uterus contract, I was wondering would nursing interferes with conception??

I was having some cramps past a few days and this morning when I was nursing, I felt stronger cramps which reminded me of this uterus contraction while nursing explanation.  My son still nurse at night and day and I wonder if it makes conception harder or not...

I'm in TWW now.

ETA:  Also my cycle is still not stable so I can't really tell when I indeed ovulate.  I only go by CM and physical symptoms I feel these symptoms for almost a whole week...  Is there any other things I can look for?  I don't temp chart because I'm still nursing at night and wake up.  I read somewhere that the temp might not be accurate if you wake up at night, is that true?  I don't physically get out of bed, just wake up and nurse.

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#24 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 AM

Ava's momma, my LO was born 2/15/09, thought that is cool.  Is she still nursing a lot?  Mine doesn't want to give up yet.  Nursing a lot, still wakes up at night for nursing 1-2 times, nurse to nap, go to bed...

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#25 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 09:14 AM

Bugglette - I am 13 DPO right now, maybe that will be my goal to wait until 5 DPO.  Like I said, now that I am temping for some reason it is making me calmer about not testing, we'll see what I say about it tomorrow.  FF is projecting my AF to arrive on 4/6 - but that is just based on an average of all my cycle lengths.

Welcome Naturallyspeaking!  Yes, my DD nurses 2-3 times at night and probably five times during the day on the days that I am home with her.  We actually started Dr. Jay Gordon's Night Weaning Method last night.  Sometimes I don't mind the night nursing, but a couple times a month I just feel like I might lose it!  She night weaned on her own in November, which caused AF to returned, but then stopped in January after lots of illness and traveling.  I just started temping this month.  I am not sure how accurate it is with the night wakings, but I think it still gives me a better handle on where I am in my cycle.  It is fun to see other mama's with kiddos about the same age.  One of my good friends has a son born on 2/15 as well!

#26 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Bugglette, I think I would test on the anniversary of your father's death... to me, I would be sad that day anyway, so the chance of getting a BFP and always having that positive memory on that day after would be worth the risk! You may feel differently though, I just know that's how I would feel. hug.gif

#27 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome naturallyspeaking!  I've moved you to 2WW.  Nursing can make conception more difficult, in that it can prevent/delay ovulation; but as far as I'm aware, uterine contractions would not prevent conception or implantation.  I would temp anyway, just try to temp after your longest block of sleep and see what your chart looks like.  It is still possible to see a shift, even with slightly inaccurate temps.

#28 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you blissful_maia!  I've been leaning towards testing on the anniversary, but wanted to make sure I wasn't completely insane for taking that risk, lol

OOPS!  Edited to change a slip of the keyboard

#29 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi to all!  I've taken a "break" for a few weeks but still waiting for first PPAF.  Good to see the BPF's and the hopefulls.  :)

I had some labs done last month almost everything came back super.  So, now I am taking a little progesterone and some other supplements to see if we can get an O!  Hoping it will be sometime soon, but I guess it could take a few months...I am so glad to know what is going on in my body and why I'm not getting PPAF!

Thanks for moderating, Bugglette!

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#30 of 178 Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 PM

I haven't been able to temp consistently this cycle:  didn't start until CD4, and on days 6 & 7 my DD and I were really sick/not sleeping right, so I didn't bother.  Today it was massively higher, http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c9ff1  but the house was about 4 degrees warmer, and it was 30 minutes later (alarm didn't go off).  So frustrating.  At least it is still early enough in my cycle that it probably doesn't matter.  Anxiously waiting to see if Maca will make me ovulate earlier (aka at a "normal" time).  I bought tons of OPKs on a really good deal so I might start checking tomorrow just for kicks (CD 9 tomorrow).  What do you think?

-

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page