Mothering Forum banner

Bitter Sushi Ladies, April 2011

9K views 204 replies 23 participants last post by  monkeyscience 
#1 ·
heartbeat.gif
Welcome to the April Thread
heartbeat.gif

This is a thread for those who have been TTC for a long time, whether 6 months, 12 months, or more. At this point many of us are at or past 1 or 2 years, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well, all things considered we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw like sushi. Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi & sake to console ourselves. This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many...but we just can't seem to get it right. So this is where we can be together, share and express anything.

Current Bitter Sushi Ladies

abstract

33, and DH (36), TTC (his #2, my #1) off-and-on since November 2006

~AA~

Trying with DH since Feb 2008, on Clomid

AGreenMum10

Trying since Nov 2009 , 1 ectopic - down a tube (may 2010), 2 Losses (Aug 2010 & Jan 2011)

amo4piano

TTC #1 since Jan 2010, one m/c at 10.5 weeks

Attached2Elijah

Hoping for #3 for 4 years and 3 months with 6 months hard TTC (charting, etc) after previous unexplained secondary infertility.BFPChart2.gif

blueyezz4

TTC #1 (technically #4-long story) since 2006; Moving on to our first FET after 5 failed IUI's and 1 IVF

borobaby

TTC #2 for 7 months

collieflower

TTC #2 for 2 years, with 4 m/c (and another before DC#1)

enigo

Has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

grahnola mum

TTC #2 since December 2008, with 7 losses, 8 weeks pg and hoping that it will stick.

InWaiting

TTC #1 since 04/2009 with one ectopic (11/09), one missed miscarriage (11/10),

Hypothyroidism and compound heterozygous MTHFR mutation. Current regimen is 5 mg of Femara on CD 3-7.

indianagirl

36, TTC for a little over two years onto IUI and clomid

jenger

Mama to DD (4/07) TTC #2 since August 2009. BFPChart2.gif

jennabella

TTC #2 since July 2009, with a loss in February 2010 and a loss in July 2010

justhinkn

TTC #2 since summer 2009, just starting IF testing with DH

keria

TTC #1 since October 2008.

kgulbransen

TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 1 at home with frozen, all using HCG trigger; 5 at home insems with fresh donor, latest one Jan (try#11). Short luteal phase, otherwise all clear, have tried Femara and Clomid with no success. On to IVF in April??

kinza

TTC #1 since November 2008, with PCOS and Male Factor BFPChart2.gif

kparker

TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, IUI #3 with donor sperm April 2011

Kyamo

TTC#1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

laggie

TTC #1 since Fall 2009 with male factor issues

lapis

TTC #1 since August 2008. Living in a new country with a calmer lifestyle and trying not to get sucked into the TTC vacuum

lilmom

35, ttc #2 for a year and a half with pcos and rarely ovulating

littlest birds

TTC for 16+ months after VR BFPChart2.gif

luminesce

TTC #2 since 4/2010 after 3 years of unexplained infertility with #1

Milk8shake

Jayde (27) - TTC #1 since 4/09. Battling endo, uterine abnormality and recurrent pregnancy loss. Hoping for a take-home baby in 2011.

MommyMatsumoto

TTC #2 since 3/2010 BFPChart2.gif

monkeyscience

27, TTC #1 with PCOS since 6/10

mrs.nap515

TTC #1 with DH. Hormone deficiencies and hypothalmic amenorrhea.

Objet_Trouve

TTC #1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

Rachel88

Rachel (29) and DH (30) TTC #1 since March 2010. One loss Aug. 2010 at 12 weeks.

rcr

TTC #2 since 12/2007, one loss in September 2010, one failed IVF in February 2011 BFPChart2.gif

silverbird

ttc #1 since June 2010, after a two year delay for illness. Waiting for IVF.

SimplyRochelle

TTC #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

Smilesarefree

36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

Sweet.Bee

TTC #2 with late ovulation and an overworked husband BFPChart2.gif

sweetest77

38 y/o, TTC #3 since May 09, after VR

tara2

TTC #4 (#2 for DH) since October 2009, DH with low count

TTC3Years

TTC #1 for since December of '06

ZanneMom

TTC#2 for more than 12 months

hug2.gif
In our thoughts, on hold, and/or waiting
hug2.gif

BelovedK

Mama of 2 (15yo DS, 10yo DD). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in Central VA. TTC someone new since November 2008 with 2 m/c (Feb/09 and Jul/09). An avid bellydancer and firedancer, who works part time doing hair, and who is giving her loving energy nowadays more toward her DH than TTC

mi_dawn

lost baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

dust.gif
BSL BFPs!!! Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick...
dust.gif

lavatea - due 12/2011
stork-suprise.gif

miriam bat avraham - due 12/2011
stork-suprise.gif
stork-suprise.gif

MahnaMahna - due 11/2011
stork-suprise.gif

Jane - due 10/3/2011
stork-suprise.gif

Tear78 - due 8/4/2011
stork-girl.gif

Maurine - due 8/2/2011
stork-boy.gif

CLH_X3 - due 7/13/11
stork-suprise.gif

slylives - due 6/2011
stork-suprise.gif

xtara2003x - due 5/5/10
stork-suprise.gif

kalamos23 - due 4/2011
stork-boy.gif

babygrey - due 4/2011 with twins!
stork-boy.gif
stork-girl.gif

2whistle.gif
Waiting on an update...
2whistle.gif

grapesbunch - due 1/13/11
stork-girl.gif

rachwms - Due 11/10
stork-suprise.gif

joy.gif
BSL BABIES
joy.gif

jenniferadurham - Ryan born 3/28/11!

Nanette56 - Tristan and Cael born 3/18/11!

finnegansmom - Henry born 2/11!

jessica_s - Asher Kingston 1/20/11

QBear'sMama - Jack Everett 12/17/10!

BarefootGirl - DS 11/20/10!

kellyttc#1 - Hilary & Charlotte 11/11/10!

YummyYumYumMama - Kieran 10/27/10!

lyndzies - Cadence James 10/15/10!

Carlyle - Maggie 10/9/10!

aidanraynesmom - Sloan Phoenix 9/10!

MaerynPearl - Maeryn Jean 9/27/10!

colorbywords - Emery Oaklynn 8/03/10!

LZP - Anna Veronica 7/18/10!

Pinoikoi - Ursula Marisol 6/23/10!

Lisko15 - Caleb Benjamin 6/24/10!

LINK to our graduates thread - Spring 2011 Edition!

Please let the threadkeeper know if your info needs to be updated.

New ladies are always welcome, but please join with care.

Please put all notes for changes or additions to this post in bold! Thank you!!

See less See more
#203 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

Not looking forward to Mother's Day - I found out that I was pregnant for the first time in 2009, about 5 days before Mother's Day. I didn't get to celebrate it though, because I had a massive SCH, bled like a stuck pig, and got told that I had miscarried - I spent the day in bed crying. Turns out that I hadn't lost the baby (yet), and the ED doc was just a wanker.

(In case you were wondering, I didn't lose the pregnancy until much later, well after it was confirmed that I had a healthy baby happening)
Oh Milk8shake.... I am so sorry to even think of that.... I so hope that you will be able to have a baby soon. Of course I hope for that for all of us... but still I just really hope for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

Some nicely timed action happening over my way... Into the TWW I go.
:) Good luck!

AFM... I am not doing very well right now. As I have said, we attend a tiny church and out of the less than 20 people that come, there is one pregnant mom, one newborn, one older baby and two toddlers. I AM so happy for these families, and their gain is not my loss. It is just that they are endless reminders, making noise and such. The hardest thing for me is that the the family of the newborn is also about to adopt. I try to fight my feelings but honestly... Not only do they have a baby, but they will also be able to adopt... I would like only one of those two options but cannot do anything about it. You know, it is their family and I am happy for them and happy that they are so brave (I would not adopt if I had an infant at home). Yet, all these families are a constant reminder and make me crash every time I think I have got ahead with my emotions just a bit. In general I find that the only thing that really helps me is to stay away from these sort of situations. Yet, I cannot get away from this one. (Complicated thing that I don't want to get into more, but changing parishes or something is not an option.) I cried there this morning, once again, which is not my choice, really. The other people can't really see me enough to know what is going on, but they must think I have a cronic cold, blowing my nose just about every Sunday.

I need to go read that thread of mom's of onlies, again. It really helped me a couple of weeks ago. I just wish I did not love babies and kids so much. I want to be able to choose this so much that all the other wishes go away. While I am now able to see the good sides of having an only, also, the emotions are here to stay... at least for now.

I found out something really strange: We could adopt from US foster care. Never would I have imagined, as we are abroad. Just an interesting little fact to me. In practice, though, it is not possible, as we do not feel up to adopting an older child or a toddler with the level of special needs that the kids available to us have. (We are talking really serious special needs, feeding tubes, never going to leave home, etc.) That, I feel, would just not be fair to our daughter and I don't trust my health enough to consider something like that. I would be open to lots of special needs, but mainly physical ones. Our kids have to be able to deal with being totally bilingual... I think it would be unfair of us to adopt a child who was struggling with language to begin with. (It might happen, no matter what, and then we would do off course what we could. Just don't think it is a good idea to plan things that way.)

I am once again starting to think that the only way we would be able to adopt would be by finding a birth mom with the help of friends or relatives. What are the chances of that? Small! And, yet, I am a big believer in miracles. How much easier waiting would be, though, if we had hope... I just don't know whether to hope against the odds or to try to let go of all hope. (Sad smile.)

Wishing you all hope and peace.

#204 ·
Greenmum: about sharing...tell me if this link works?
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/homepage/?u=29639
I've seen a handful of social networking sites set up similarly, and in the past, they all worked by copying the link when you're viewing your profile ("my countdown page" I think it is on here). I don't know if this will be the same, but it very well could be.

I really love having two charting sites, makes me a little more confident about my O date if I've got two different systems helping me figure it out. FF changed back to CD10, and this new site agrees, so I'm a bit more confident now.

AFM: I don't know what's going on with me. I've not been posting here because I've been sleeping, dizzy and nauseous. I had metal mouth, drooling, food cravings, abdominal cramps, gas, weird dreams, sore lower back, severe moodiness, bizarre food cravings, increased appetite and thirst, increased sense of smell... and all of those symptoms are pretty much gone now, except dizziness, fatigue, moodiness and gas. FF says I should test on the fifth, I tested early (yesterday and the day before) and they came up negative, tested twice yesterday because I thought I got evap lines on the first one. I'm still a little hopeful, but it seems up for debate as to whether I should be.
greensad.gif

I spent time with two preg women last night. It bugged me a little at first, but one of them has been trying way longer than I have, has had more problems, and the other is so young I wouldn't want the struggles she'll be having. I actually handled it better than volunteering for the AIDs walk. So many people brought their kids, and I had just had the evap lines mess happen, and someone told me I probably shouldn't get my hopes up about this cycle...I couldn't get myself focused off of my own problems until things got underway, and then I got emotional about that as well! I feel like a mess, and I still have to go film my little sister's play at their church this morning, which is going to be an interesting experience. Been a long time since I've set foot in a fundamentalist christian church (particularly the kind my parents like), other than for my other sister's wedding. I'm expecting a lot of awful memories to come up that I'll have to deal with, but I did promise my kid sister I'd go, film her play and give her a good edited version. So bleh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.