************TCC in our 20's April 2011*********** - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 234 Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm out. AF arrived this morning a few days early. I'm so very very sad mecry.gif

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#212 of 234 Old 04-26-2011, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

So sorry SilaMarila.

AFM - Temp nosedived this morning so I am pretty sure I am out as well. We decided to try one more month before we have to call it quits so I can go back to school in the spring. I have decided that I am not going to temp next month either and just see how it goes. If someone wants to take over the thread for next month that would be great.

AF showed up about an hour ago. irked.gif

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#213 of 234 Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 PM

So sorry ladies.... greensad.gif

Let's have a bit of a pity party today because I am feeling all "down" as well.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#214 of 234 Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Yeah it's pretty much been a cry-fest today. DH and I are going on a date tonight and I am hoping I manage to not start crying while in public and definitely have plans of ordering a margarita. I feel encouraged that he said he is ready to really "try, try" this next cycle. I have been TRY TRY'ING and doing my part since PPAF (temping, charting, opk's ect) but I guess he wasn't really ready to have the pressure put on him to do his part and BD as necessary. But now he is and has agreed to BD even on work days in order to catch the egg. He works night shifts and has to sleep during the day and on work days we really only see each other an hr a day. I think he got exiting about the thought of me being pg again and has seen how sad I have been and now he really wants it too.

Hugs to all grouphug.gif Our poor little thread needs some BFP's soon to cheer us up. 

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#215 of 234 Old 04-27-2011, 03:02 PM

Sigh.....so my co-worker (and friend) is pregnant and due in August. We're pretty much on the same page as far as most things we've talked about in regards to pregnancy, birth, and babies...but today something came up that almost knocked me out of my chair. She was talking about how annoying it is that they'll "have to pay $450 to have the baby circumcised if it's a boy!"....WHAT?!? I cannot believe that she's planning on circ-ing her baby if it's a boy...!!!! I was like "What?! You're not planning on doing that are you?!" And she said, yes, because her partner "Is from St. Lucia, and almost all the boys their are circumcised" and that she thinks "It's cleaner, and it's not that big of a deal". My jaw was on the floor. I really love this friend, and think she's a great person...but this is something that's really going to be hard for me to get over... :( I just told her that I don't agree with it AT ALL. And that the hospitals here don't even offer it anymore, it has to be specially requested, and that most doc's aren't too keen on performing them. I also said a few things along the lines of "But wouldn't it be heart-breaking to see your son in pain?" And "why would human males have evolved for millions of years with a foreskin, if they weren't meant to have it?" I also said that if my husband was forcing the circ issue on me I would seriously consider divorcing him (a bit dramatic I know...but I wanted to get my point across) le sighh......this is such a tricky situation. I'm going to be praying that she has a girl....

Thanks for listening, I really needed to vent.

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern... it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that . . . one stitch at a time, taken patiently." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

#216 of 234 Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM

I'm sorry everyone's having such a hard time!

daylicious: I totally understand about the circ issue.

Homebirthing, bedsharing, term breastfeeding attached mama to my baby girl born 7/20/2012. I love to knit.gifsewmachine.gif and bellyhair.gif. I am passionate about familybed1.gifbfinfant.giflearning.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif and trying to make all kinds of crafty things for my little one!
#217 of 234 Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 PM

That is tough day... totally know where you are coming from on that issue.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#218 of 234 Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 AM

grouphug.gif Everyone, especially if AF found you :(

Sometimes I think that people can just be under-educated when it comes to the circ issue. Until we were seriously TTC I had no idea that circ was a big deal, I have 6 nephews and in my family it was just done. "It's just what you do". Luckily my husband's family is entirely different and I've learnt a lot about it now. Hopefully we can help spread the word to others. I don't think any mother would willingly hurt their child if they KNEW all the facts.

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#219 of 234 Old 04-28-2011, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

While I agree that no one should cause unnecessary harm to their child with a circ that is just "done because it has always been that way", circs are also done per religious beliefs. 

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#220 of 234 Old 04-28-2011, 07:46 AM

Monday Check-In

Name: Tamara King

Date: 04/28/11

Chart: OPK starting next cycle and BBT

Where are you in your cycle:CD40

Symptoms if they apply: sore breast, AF 12 days late

Testing: 3bfn HPT, 1BFN blood test

Thoughts: DH and I have been TTC for 2 months, no AF this month, neg tests…I just pray that AF comes soon so that we can try again. So confused. praying.gif praying.gif praying.gif praying.gif praying.gifpraying.gif

#221 of 234 Old 04-28-2011, 03:25 PM

Welcome LoveMrKing. Hope your stay here is short

BFN at 9 DPO......bummed

Me wild.gif, Him geek.gif, 1 of these eyesroll.gif, 1 of thesedust.gif, 1 of these  blahblah.gif and also one of these loveeyes.gif and we're hoping for one of these babyf.gif
#222 of 234 Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Welcome.gif LoveMrKing! Hope you can figure things out soon! Your cycle sounds kind of like my last cycle irked.gif so frustrating! 

hug2.gif FairyMe - Maybe it's just too early. Don't give up hope yet!

#223 of 234 Old 04-28-2011, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gif  LoveMrKing! Hope your stay here is short! Can you tell us a bit more about yourself so I know where to add you?

FairyMe - grouphug.gif 

#224 of 234 Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM

I've been lurking but not posting in an attempt to keep this cycle from being as obsessive as last cycle got towards the end, but I guess we'll see when it comes to the 2ww. I 've had two episodes of EWCM and made sure to BD both times. I'm temping this cycle, so I guess that's why I'm being way more lax with the opks. According to my chart I haven't o'ed yet but I just came here to check up on everyone when I felt this crazy fluttering feeling in my lower stomach. Anybody ever experience anything like that or have any idea what that might be?

Me (24)photosmile2.gif & Him (25)tiphat.gif  

trying to makebabe.gifsince March '11

#225 of 234 Old 04-29-2011, 06:40 AM

Hello all you other hopefulls TTC. My name is Tammy and I am 24, DHjammin.gif and I have been married 4 1/2 years. We have 1 (3 year old)  DDshy.gif. I am finishing my degree and working as an accountant for an investment company in the meantimehammer.gif. My DH is Active Duty in the Army. We've been TTC for a couple months now since I came of BC. I didnt realize how much work and how stressful it was going to be. I have been an emotional mess the past week or so with no AF and multiple BFNs.rant.gifguilty.gifhappytears.gif

I got really ecited yesterday evening because I had a very tiny, almost miniscule brown tint to my CM was figuring AF was coming and we could try again....Then I got really bad stomach pains after dinner and thought I just REALLY had to go to the bathroom...I didnt have to go like I thought but a gush of blood came out, about an ounce. I have never started AF like that ever, usually I spot for about a day then start. I scared me. But the pains immediately went away. I proceeded to treat it like it was AF, only I didnt have any more spotting or anything. The stomach pains have come back for a moment here or there but nothing like the first time. I have a tint of brownish cm today but thats it. Im kinda waiting for AF to really come now. The Dr.s office keeps telling me to wait it out. Im kinda nervous because I have never experienced anything like that before.

#226 of 234 Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 PM

We are literally about to walk out the door for a weekend away (for the long weekend here in Aus). Unfortunately I haven't had a positive OPK so I'm probably going to O while we're travelling, staying in the same tiny place with all the in-laws *sigh*. I'll see you all in a few days! Good luck this weekend! x

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#227 of 234 Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM

Tantylynn - Maybe O will wait until you get back? Good luck! 

Fnord - Yes! I have had the fluttering feeling! I don't know what it is. It reminds me of when I could first feel DS move when I was pg with him. Except I'm not pg when I get it now greensad.gif I think I usually get it as my body is gearing up to O. But sometimes I think I imagine it... anyways I think it must be a sign that something is happening in there!

#228 of 234 Old 04-30-2011, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylicious View Post

Sigh.....so my co-worker (and friend) is pregnant and due in August. We're pretty much on the same page as far as most things we've talked about in regards to pregnancy, birth, and babies...but today something came up that almost knocked me out of my chair. She was talking about how annoying it is that they'll "have to pay $450 to have the baby circumcised if it's a boy!"....WHAT?!? I cannot believe that she's planning on circ-ing her baby if it's a boy...!!!! I was like "What?! You're not planning on doing that are you?!" And she said, yes, because her partner "Is from St. Lucia, and almost all the boys their are circumcised" and that she thinks "It's cleaner, and it's not that big of a deal". My jaw was on the floor. I really love this friend, and think she's a great person...but this is something that's really going to be hard for me to get over... :( I just told her that I don't agree with it AT ALL. And that the hospitals here don't even offer it anymore, it has to be specially requested, and that most doc's aren't too keen on performing them. I also said a few things along the lines of "But wouldn't it be heart-breaking to see your son in pain?" And "why would human males have evolved for millions of years with a foreskin, if they weren't meant to have it?" I also said that if my husband was forcing the circ issue on me I would seriously consider divorcing him (a bit dramatic I know...but I wanted to get my point across) le sighh......this is such a tricky situation. I'm going to be praying that she has a girl....

Thanks for listening, I really needed to vent.

ugh. :( 

you should tell her that the majority of boys these days are NOT circ'd...i think my midwife said something like 15% of boys this generation are circ'd or something? i can't really remember. i know that they estimate only 30% of the world's population is circ'd so...sheesh. and only 2 out of every 100 males grow up actually NEEDING it to be done. argh! i just think it's very frustrating when people assume that their kids will be made fun of in the locker room or whatever...when actually, the kids that are circ'd are going to be the "abnormal" ones. you know? it's not worth losing a friend over, but i definitely have been in shock too when people tell me they are circing their sons...and 4 of my 6 nephews are circ'd. :( sad. 

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#229 of 234 Old 04-30-2011, 09:19 PM

Hey, everyone. After I posted the last time, I got a BFN and AF came to visit me. I got pretty discouraged and just kind of stayed away for awhile. I even thought about giving up on TTC! A friend recently had a baby, though and it just renewed that spirit in me all over again! I'm back in the waiting to O/2WW category. LactatingGirl asked me how I know when I O if I'm not using BBT or OPK's and I just use a basic fertility chart online and watch for EWCM. This cycle I'm doing things differently, though. I don't want to concentrate on when I think I may have O'd or not and when I think I'm having to wait or not and DH and I are just planning to DTD every couple of days until my period is due. It takes a load of stress off of me. I was seriously going crazy last cycle! I was constantly analyzing every tiny little symptom I had and then it all turned out to be PMS.

I did want to say though about the earlier conversation that Tantylynn and a few others were having, I am so in the same boat as you all as far as libido is concerned. DH is so tired and stressed from his job (I am a SAHM) that I am usually the one initiating. Even I had bought into the myth that guys were supposed to just be horndogs all the time and ladies were demure and shy about it all. I am having a lot of fun trying for a baby though. Despite the fact that the hubs is more prone to exhaustion than I am (hello, I get to take a nap when my 2 year old does! I can't complain!), he is so excited by the thought of another little one that he has more enthusiasm about the task at hand.

Anyway, sorry I was feeling a little verbose tonight! I have missed checking in on the message boards and hope to be more regular these days! Babydust to everyone!

#230 of 234 Old 05-01-2011, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think I'm having implantation bleeding, but really trying not to get too excited about it. I just can't think of any other reason to be barely spotting at 6 DPO. I've had creamy CM for most of the time after O (went down for a couple days, then started with creamy), but that's not abnormal for me. Now it's just slightly tinged reddish. It started directly after DTD so at first I thought some sort of injury, but now it's been going on for nearly 24 hours. Seems like too long for injury? Anyone have experience with this?

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#231 of 234 Old 05-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Fingers crossed lactatinggirl!!! It isn't uncommon to experience occasional spotting after DTD during the postovulatory phase. This is because the cervix is at it's lowest and is most vulnerable to being hit by the penis. It's happened to me before too but only lasts about a day (unless we DTD again). I don't think it's anything to be worried about unless it keeps happening. Good luck with your wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

I think I'm having implantation bleeding, but really trying not to get too excited about it. I just can't think of any other reason to be barely spotting at 6 DPO. I've had creamy CM for most of the time after O (went down for a couple days, then started with creamy), but that's not abnormal for me. Now it's just slightly tinged reddish. It started directly after DTD so at first I thought some sort of injury, but now it's been going on for nearly 24 hours. Seems like too long for injury? Anyone have experience with this?

#232 of 234 Old 05-01-2011, 05:30 PM

I found this article on circ rates in the US and thought I would share.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/17/u-s-circumcision-rates-on-the-decline/

Homebirthing, bedsharing, term breastfeeding attached mama to my baby girl born 7/20/2012. I love to knit.gifsewmachine.gif and bellyhair.gif. I am passionate about familybed1.gifbfinfant.giflearning.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif and trying to make all kinds of crafty things for my little one!
#233 of 234 Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Can someone start the May thread? I would do it but I am not going to be on much this month since we have a bunch of weddings and family get-togethers. Thanks!

#234 of 234 Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 AM

NEW THREAD!!!!

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1311032/ttc-in-our-20-s-may#post_16421489

I've never done this before so hopefully it works! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page