Loving, Laughing & Looking for an April BFP ~ ONE THREAD ~ April 3 - 9th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to all the new ladies!!

Can I just say I'm going INSANE waiting to O!!! CD12 = CBFM, still low; OPK, barely a second line. I think the main thing (other than a BFP, of course!) that I hope to learn this cycle is if I am actually ovulating. I really hope my temps tell me this.

I need opinions: I want to know ASAP when to check in with my OB. This is technically our second month "trying" but we've been without BC since January. My first normal cycle since BCPs was this past month. Should I count from January as starting to TTC or can I really only count this one past month? I'm 40, and I really do not want to waste ANY time at all getting checked out, if needed. What do you guys think?

Shelley (40) and SO (34) - TTC #1

My Chart!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340ddf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

I am a Christmas baby, and I actually like it.  If I did manage to become pregnant this time, I will probably have a baby right around Christmas/New Years.  I would be due earlier, but I go 42-44 weeks. 

I am a New Years baby, and I also love it! I would love to be pregnant this time around and give birth around Christmas or New years. I am in my 2WW, AF due on the 13th this month so I know it's faaar too early to test, but I am soo impatient! I have been reading your posts, I am so curious to hear about when you get your dark BFP!!!! Best of luck to you :)

Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 PM

I can tell Mr. Sith is antsy for me to test.. I nearly did earlier but I'm trying to play it cool for his sake!

•°o.♥♥.o° ♥ »-(¯`·.·´¯)-> ⓉⓉⒸ #1 <-(¯`·.·´¯)-« ♥ °o.♥♥.o°•
Old 04-05-2011, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Old 04-05-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithLadyFred View Post

I can tell Mr. Sith is antsy for me to test.. I nearly did earlier but I'm trying to play it cool for his sake!

I am doing everything in my power to not waste another HPT, not only would it not be FMU, but I also am still a week away from expected AF. Maybe I'll test in the morning and justify it with the fact that maybe I O'ed waaaay earlier than I thought ;)

Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithLadyFred View Post

I am doing everything in my power not to waste another HPT! Not only would it not be FMU, but I am still a week away from expected AF. Maybe I'll test in the morning and justify it with the fact that maybe I O'ed waaay earlier than I thought! ;)

Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 PM

I think I'm probably out- started bleeding pretty heavily late this evening.  It's a few days earlier than AF should be- we'll see what the morning brings.  

We will be able to try again late summer/early fall. 

Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 PM

Gaaah, my computers going whacky posting blank comments? Can I delete them?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It Was negative. I figured is post now & get it over with. I'll see what my acupuncturist says today. I guess now I wait for AF. 3 days after implantation pain would have to show at least a squinter, right?

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Old 04-06-2011, 04:53 AM

I don't think so actually, but I could be wrong.. I thought it could take right up until your period/during when your period would be happen for your HCG levels to get up enough for a test to pick up? IMO it ain't over until AF comes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

It Was negative. I figured is post now & get it over with. I'll see what my acupuncturist says today. I guess now I wait for AF. 3 days after implantation pain would have to show at least a squinter, right?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 AM

Ha, we're unsure what my O date was but I'm not due for AF until Monday. I only have one test left and I wanna wait until Sunday, but Mr. Sith is super impatient! I saw the post you made about your fiance, good luck and I really hope you get your BFP this cycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfillingham View Post

I am doing everything in my power not to waste another HPT! Not only would it not be FMU, but I am still a week away from expected AF. Maybe I'll test in the morning and justify it with the fact that maybe I O'ed waaay earlier than I thought! ;)

Old 04-06-2011, 06:11 AM

Well, apparently my body is simply going insane.  After the cramping and bleeding last night, the blood turned to much different / more aged blood I've had with implantation previously, and has pretty much stopped.  

I decided to pee on a stick again (thank goodness they are cheap!) and have the first sign of a truly darkening line.  Ugh- I may not survive this time with my sanity intact!005.JPG

Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 AM

Oh, and can you please move me to WTF is going on?. I'm not sure that it's  true 2ww at this point as I know pretty well that conception has taken place, I just need to see if I am dealing with a chemical pregnancy or if this might actually stick... 

(Trying so hard to protect myself in case it is the former- I've been down this path before- a lot.)

Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Still waiting for AF here.  What does FMU stand for when TTC?  I think a wiki I found helped me figure out all the other acronyms or I figured them out from context. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Well, I'm going to wish you a tentative congratulations.. I hope this is a sticky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

Oh, and can you please move me to WTF is going on?. I'm not sure that it's  true 2ww at this point as I know pretty well that conception has taken place, I just need to see if I am dealing with a chemical pregnancy or if this might actually stick... 

(Trying so hard to protect myself in case it is the former- I've been down this path before- a lot.)

Lilacvioletiris - FMU means first morning urine, typically has the most concentrated amount of hCG in it!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 AM

cbaa Thanks for the info! I guess I'll call it spotting then. All this peeing your doing must mean something right?! I agree, don't count yourself out until AF really arrives :). Now if only I could practic what I preach haha..

Ps. I'm going to hold off choosing a date for testing for now. We don't even have a test in the house, I'm still waiting on my online order to arrive and don't want to buy any in the meantime - and by that I mean I desperately want to, but I shouldn't because somewhere in the postal service I have 20 headed my way haha.

Shelley IMO you could definitely go with the January date as when you started TTC if you were off BCP and having regular sex. From what I've read if you are over 35 you're supposed to wait only 6 months of TTC before seeing a doctor. You could always call a local OB and see what they recommend, too. I'm also just crossing my fingers for confirmed O this cycle (though a BFP would be very welcome) Fingers crossed for both of us!

insidevoice The line is definitely getting darker! Sticky vibes to you!!

Welcome Carla/lilacvioletiris, Bfillingham and callieollie!!!

AFM, Spotting was gone today. I feel like AF is coming (lower back pain, bloated, sore boobs) , but I'll take the lack of spotting today as a good sign. *sigh* {possibly} 6DPO is such a tough place to be! Good luck fellow 2WWers!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

Old 04-06-2011, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Shelley: I'd go with January- if you would benefit from a doctor's care, you should be able to get it as soon as you can!

insidevoice: moved you, I hope this is a sticky one!

tantylynn: just putting this out there, but if your O date was earlier like FF said at first, that is pretty good timing for implantation spotting. Also, I always put details in my notebox about color texture quantity etc of spotting so that later I can always look back.

AFM: So my perception from my acupuncture visit is that he thinks AF is coming... He took my pulse at the very end and then said, so you needed another bottle of the last formula right, and I said yes, and he said okay so take that until your period comes, and I said and if it doesn't, he said take another test, and I said no I mean what do I take if I get a positive test, and he said I'd take nothing, but he obviously didn't think that AF wasn't coming, right?  Becasue if he thought I was pregnant wouldn't he say to finish the bottle I have and then just stop taking it instead of spending another $35 on another bottle when AF is due in 2 more days and I have another days worth of herbs left?? So I feel sad... I still have to pee every hour or 2 with no explanation, and AF is still coming... ugh.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:42 AM

cbaa- HOLY COW!!! I'm totally crossing my fingers for you. That is a SEXY looking chart!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 04-06-2011, 11:10 AM

InsideVoice...   I'm keeping my toes crossed for you! I hope this one settles in for the long term.

cbaa2010...   I don't know... It seems like our bodies work like clockwork until we add sperm, then everything goes haywire! I hope your symptoms aren't just screwing with you. When things like that happen to me, I call it a "fly by". I figure the fertilized egg swept along the uterine walls, maybe stuck for a short time, but for some reason couldn't hang on. Thus I get some promising symptoms that leave me frustrated when AF arrives. I try to think of this as a good thing, it means my eggs can be fertilized! In your case I hope it is the real deal, and not a "fly by".

AAM...   9dpo. AF could arrive anytime now.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM

Please add me to your "WTF is going on" LIST!

Long story short:  I am nursing a 16 month old baby and am not ready for another babe... however, I am strongly suspecting pregnancy.  My 28 day cycles have been pretty predictable, and I was lazy this last cycle.  I did not chart.  AF was supposed to come last Thursday.  Instead I've had cramping the last 5 days, with lots of watery cm (I should be dry if my cycle was over), absolutely no sign of AF, peeing all the time, and belly twinges constantly.  Sore bbs but I'm also nursing a toddler (LOL) ---  

However every pregnancy test has been Negative so far.  But if ovulation happened later than expected, it might be too early for a positive, right?

How I wish I had charted.  If the test is positive, this is an "accident" baby!  Suddenly the 2WW seems unbearable! 

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

cbaa- HOLY COW!!! I'm totally crossing my fingers for you. That is a SEXY looking chart!

I know right.... yet everything tells me AF is on her way to ruin me... I'm holding my pee right now, my bladder has been burning since like 1235 (when I prob last peed at like 12) and I want 4pm to come so I can POAS again... Good thing I got the 20 pack from Amazon! If this isn't it I will be more controlled with my testing in the future. Right now I just want the answer I'm looking for, AKA some sort of line.

Stevi: It really could be just a fly by as you call it, I know something happened Sunday night, I felt it, and I've felt different since. It will be a relief to know that the egg met the sperm and just needs to stick better next time.

I'm spotting more noticably, it is more like watery but brown... gross... sorry!

Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM

cbaa, where are you??  It's way past 4pm.  ;) 

My 2ww update:  I've been peeing like crazy, and when I have to go, I have to go NOW.  That's it though.  No obvious symptoms yet, but it's still early, right?

Oh funny little story, earlier SO (who is out of town working) texted me and said, "I'm eating a lot of food lately.  Are you pregnant??"  It made me LOL standing in line to check out at the store.  :)

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

LOL, my husband the other night had rubbed my belly then said, "one at a time, one at a time" because he doesn't want to have multiple births.  Well tonight he came home and said, "Remember when I was rubbing your belly the other day.  I want our unborn baby to know my touch so I know I will rub your belly a lot because I want our unborn baby to know that I love his or her mama."  It brought tears to my eyes.  So cute!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

cbba, good luck to you! Sticky baby vibes! goodvibes.gif

And good luck to everyone else in their 2WW...

I am still waiting to O, should be this weekend. Hopefully there are a bunch of April BFPs! So far it looks promising.biggrinbounce.gif

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:34 PM

Two pieces of news from me:

1) I had my transvaginal ultrasound last Friday and just got the test results, which were normal. My primary care doc (the one who ordered the US) gave me a referral to a gynecologist but I think I will wait to see what happens in the later half of this cycle, and see whether the pain returns, before I decide what to do. I am relieved but also wondering what the heck that was the last two cycles that hurt so much.

2) Most exciting of all: DH is now on board with TTC *now* instead of just *in the murky, undefined future*. This is great because I just got watery CM and a high, soft, open cervix yesterday! (this didn't happen last time which was my first cycle off of bc and my first cycle charting). So, I guess I am officially ready to go to the Waiting to O category! Hopefully it will be tomorrow or the next day and I'll see a temp shift and I can go in the 2WW! Yay! My first 2WW I feel like I'm really in the club now biggrinbounce.gif

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

Old 04-06-2011, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Still negative, boo. I may not test tomorrow, it is exhausting. Depends on how my temp is I guess. I wish I had an opk to pee on! Now I have stomach pains, I'm not sure, it's sharper than AF cramps but goes broader than just my uterus. Still having spotting, but brown again, not reddish. My boobs hurt more at night, this morning my nipples looked fine. Last night and tonight they look big. I'm trying to stay realistic cuz #1 and most obvious my tests have been negative and #2 I'm on a new set of herbs so maybe that really is just making my body crazy. Oh and the need to pee every half hour has reduced... Hello AF my old friend... Sad face.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Hey ladies!  I know I haven't been around much the past couple of weeks, but I wanted you to know that I'm trying to follow along.  Hello to all the newbies and I hope your stay is short!

AFM, I think my cycle was kind of wonky this time with all of the traveling and such.  I *think* I'm 4dpo.  My chart tells me (CM observations only) that my body tried to O around CD16 and then didn't until CD20ish.  I'll probably be testing at 12dpo (April 14th) if I can make it that far.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

Old 04-06-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

Still negative, boo. I may not test tomorrow, it is exhausting. Depends on how my temp is I guess. I wish I had an opk to pee on! Now I have stomach pains, I'm not sure, it's sharper than AF cramps but goes broader than just my uterus. Still having spotting, but brown again, not reddish. My boobs hurt more at night, this morning my nipples looked fine. Last night and tonight they look big. I'm trying to stay realistic cuz #1 and most obvious my tests have been negative and #2 I'm on a new set of herbs so maybe that really is just making my body crazy. Oh and the need to pee every half hour has reduced... Hello AF my old friend... Sad face.

Sorry to hear that.  :(  But, it ain't over 'til AF shows up!  I still have my fingers and toes crossed for you! 

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 PM

ok, so yesterday was around 9dpo, DH wasn't around, so I broke down and tested. Within the 3-5 minutes the faintest of faint lines showed up, but i had to squint to see it. its still there today too, a tad bit darker than yesterday.

last night i didn't sleep very well, and then today i had the worst lower backache this morning along with slightly sore muscles, weak-ish feeling, and had nasty hunger pangs....after i ate though my stomach cramped up really bad and (this is DEF TMI but i need opinions) i ended up with the runs :( now i have the chills....almost exact symptoms of the flu...any thoughts? if i am pg this probably isn't good for the little fertilized egg, is it...?

ughhhhh this sucks, i feel like total crapola!! should i test again tonight??? or wait until tomorrow AM for FMU?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:15 PM

cbaa - Your  symptoms are very similar to what's going on with me- or at least it certainly sounds like it.  I have had the superfaint positives, but they aren't progressing as I would expect them to.  I wonder whether there is a chance of a chemical pregnancy- it would account for the symptoms, but might not stick around long enough for a good solid positive. 

Tags
Pregnancy Questions
User Tag List