Loving, Laughing & Looking for an April BFP ~ ONE THREAD ~ April 3 - 9th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for April 3-9th!!!!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper please let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

belacmsage
bremen BFPChart2.gif
cbaa2010 BFPChart2.gif
OdinsMommy0409
Shelley71BFPChart2.gif
tinyflame
WildDoula

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2ww) headscratch.gif
Amanda Williams BFPChart2.gif
Bfillingham
BubbleMa
callieollie
cecelia7
gozal BFPChart2.gif
MommyMatsumoto 

SithLadyFred

skyemama81

Sourire BFPChart2.gif
Stevi  
tantylynn 

shrug.gifWaitin' and Marinatin'shrug.gif

af.gifWaiting for Aunt Floaf.gif

lilacvioletiris 

blowkiss.gifWaiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating partner to be readyblowkiss.gif
jojobean    

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

Beppie

chicajones BFPChart2.gif

justKate BFPChart2.gif

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

brichole1214 

cygknit

LadyScientist 

sleepingbeauty

slimkins
SweetTea

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1306476/the-one-thread-graduates-april-2011 (whoever is the current threadkeeper here can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gifApril BFP's!heartbeat.gif

babyyfever
fnpmamaBFPChart2.gif

Mummoth 

insidevoice

rah0315

heartbeat.gifMarch BFP's!heartbeat.gif

Gemmine 

TTCChloeOrConner 

Veronika01

heartbeat.gifFebruary BFP's!heartbeat.gif

not_telling 

DomerJen 

Nicolian 

Hykue  

TalkToMeNow BFPChart2.gif

Xerxella 

heartbeat.gifJanuary BFP's!heartbeat.gif

yellowdart 

ValH 

MelungeonMW  

Mommy2b4

LovingBaby

FarmerCathy

Jaclyn7

vtechmom BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gifDecember BFPs!heartbeat.gif

rockymtnmama BFPChart2.gif
LadyJennifer 

love4bob

Sarah2881

~savah~

jillybeans

callieollie

bonadl2

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Thanks for putting the new thread up! 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for starting the new thread cbaa2010, I can't wait to see your BFP.  ;) 

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 04-03-2011, 10:34 AM

Hey ladies! Can't wait to see all the Waiting to Know results! insidevoice, check in and update us!!

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

Old 04-03-2011, 11:07 AM

I think I'm at the 2ww now, if you don't mind adding me!

•°o.♥♥.o° ♥ »-(¯`·.·´¯)-> ⓉⓉⒸ #1 <-(¯`·.·´¯)-« ♥ °o.♥♥.o°•
Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 AM

InsideVoice...   Where are you in your cycle? That looks like a 8-9dpo BFP!!!!

I don't recall who said it, but when did the average LP change from 10-14 days to 10-16 days?

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:23 AM

I'm 7 dpo, so it's incredibly early. 

I'm just going to try to wait.  Very impatiently. 

Old 04-03-2011, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

cbaa - thanks for the new thread!

Mummoth... congrats!!! Have you taken any more tests since then? What does FF give you as a due date?

Insidevoice... I can't wait to see what happens next!

Can you move me to Waiting to know? I have absolutely no data to confirm when I am Oing this month but since I usually O on CD17 and that was yesterday, I'll just pretend I already O'd! Yesterday was also my only BD during the fertile period... wouldn't it be awesome if my baby was conceived on my birthday? If I get pregnant this month my due date will be December 24th hahaha.... and we were really trying to avoid a Christmas baby!

Also I noticed that my chart is no longer on the front page, can you add my chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM

cbaa: Thanks for the thread!

Insidevoice: Keep us updated! I saw a faint line too!

Sourire: I'm with you. I'd rather not have a baby during Christmas/New Year's, BUT at 40, I'll take whatever I can get!

AFM: Still waiting to O. CD10 here, and I got a teensy faint line on the CBFM stick today. Monitor still says low though. I also forgot to temp this morning, but I was up and down ALL night, sleepless, so it wouldn't have been a good one anyway.

Question: I have never noticed CM other than creamy as I look back on all my years of cycles. I am going to pay special attention this time though. I keep reading online and on message boards, that pink grapefruit juice and/or Evening Primrose Oil are excellent natural CM boosters. I don't really want to use Preseed, but I would definitely try something natural. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

Shelley (40) and SO (34) - TTC #1

My Chart!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340ddf
Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Can I join in? We just started TTC this month,  I had been charting to avoid the past 2 years.  Anyway my temps & CM are all over the place this cycle.

I think I am now definitely in the 2WW, but not sure if I am 3 DPO or 10.  Here is my FF chart.  Chart Stalkers I need your help. 

Mama of 3 little boys - DS1 4/08, DS2 4/09, DS3 12/11

Old 04-03-2011, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATED TO HERE

(i think)- I'm not sure what was wrong with some of the chart links not being added, but I went back through last month and i think I fixed everyone. Let me know if there are any other changes- Also, I usually check in from my phone so I can only make changes at the end of every day or every other day, so I'll let you know when I've updated from my laptop so nobody gets worried I forgot them, PM me if I update and miss something!

I still had the faintest greyish tan CM this morning, seems very similar to all the spotting I had after O last month but not nearly as much or as dark (last month it was like dark brown to almost deep red and lasted very noticably until 7dpo), but it is barely noticable (and prob not at all noticable if I were not checking CP) and stopped the afternoon of 2dpo until the afternoon of 4dpo and then came back again. I know, it is a long shot, but I'm trying to stay hopeful until AF comes, even though my bfn yesterday is still keeping me grounded. Case and point why they say not to test that early, right.

insidevoice- when will you test again, I'm not sure if my HPT showed anything other than stark white I would be able to keep myself from peeing on anything in sight until I had a better answer!

sourire- I didn't want a Christmas baby either, but feeling the let down of a single line on an HPT makes me want a BFP any time, any day, for any due date!

stevi- any update from you today?

bubblema- I hope to have a BFP for you next week, but I'll be happy with one in April or May if that is how long it takes, my fertile period will be over Easter Weekend, a more adult version of an Egg Hunt at my house!

fnpmama- got you! Welcome- I'm not sure on the DPO, compared to last month I'd say prob 3dpo, but you will probably need some more time to tell. Do you know from the past 2 years of TTA when your regular O is?

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Fnpmama: Welcome to the thread! This is my second cycle TTC, but last month was just trial and error, really. I learned all the charting, etc. last month mid-way through. So, this month I'm doing it all by the book from the get go!

Good luck to you!

Shelley (40) and SO (34) - TTC #1

My Chart!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340ddf
Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 PM

I would like to join! I found this thread last week and have been catching up on all the posts. I know some of the women from the TTC in our 20s thread too. Right now I am at day 12 and waiting to O which will be over our 1 year anniversary weekend most likely. Hopefully that will led to a BFP or we will have to wait a little more than a year to try again since I am going back to school to get my MA in teaching. 

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Old 04-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Sourire~ no just the one! I have another one, but I don't want to pee on it. I think I'll give it to my sister orngbiggrin.gif My due date is December 11th, but my kids both came before they were due, so I would be surprised if I went that long. 

SithLadyFred~ Welcome! I like your username :)

fnpmama~ Hi to you too!

CBAA, inside voice~ I've got my fingers crossed for you! And everyone else in the 2WW :D

Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

stevi- any update from you today?

Nothing that I'm willing to put in writing...

As for Christmas babies, I would love to have a Christmas baby! I think having a baby would be the best Christmas present ever! My mother's birthday was December 6th, and she hated it. I have considered having half-birthdays in the summer, so the child doesn't miss out on presents, etc... That or I'll celebrate their day of conception. Heh heh heh.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

I'm 7 dpo, so it's incredibly early. 

I'm just going to try to wait.  Very impatiently. 

If I had gotten a line at 7dpo, I'd be testing every morning!! Wow!!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:28 PM

Thank you for the new thread!

Stevi That was me! This is where I got it from: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Short-luteal-phase.html

Insidevoice We're all impatiently waiting with you!!

Welcome fnpmama!

It'll be good to see you around here as well as TTC in our 20s, Bela!

AFM, I found this yesterday and I'm trying trying trying not to get carried away with high hopes:Chart overlay.JPG

The purple is my cycle and green is a gallery chart. She also had PCOS, was on no meds and had no EWCM. She got a BFP at 16DPO.

But I need help please! This morning DH accidentally woke me up an hour before my normal temp time but after a solid night's sleep. I temped and it was 97.52 (same as day before), then I re-temped an hour later at my normal time after falling back asleep and my temp was 97.34 (slight drop). When I enter the lower temp/right time in FF it keeps my chart the same. When I enter the higher temp/earlier time it changes my O from CD11 to CD18. WTF!? Which do I do?

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Tantylynn...   Hmmm, I would say the earlier temp is more reliable, but I wouldn't like the effect it had on FF. Maybe it's your CM throwing FF off? What do you consider Creamy, and what do you consider Sticky?

BTW, thanks for clearing up the LP thing. When I really got into charting back in 2008, everything said 10-14 days. Wierd how things change. I did a Google and it now comes up with both 10-14 and 10-16.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM

Stevi, I would love a Christmas baby too.  Plus, SO's bday is in December.  :)

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM

I am a Christmas baby, and I actually like it.  If I did manage to become pregnant this time, I will probably have a baby right around Christmas/New Years.  I would be due earlier, but I go 42-44 weeks. 

Old 04-04-2011, 06:33 AM

Stevi Yeah, I don't know what to do! I would also tend to trust my first waking temp more, but I really don't like that it makes me only 3DPO lol headscratch.gif. Ah well, I think I'll just keep it at that and hope that my next few temperatures will make my chart go one way or the other!

I have actually had a really hard time distinguishing CM. *TMI* I chose creamy when it was like lotion..white and wet, but more tacky than stretchy. Sticky has either been 1.not much there but when I rub my fingers together it sticks and crumbles, or 2. lots of it and it's...gunky? It stretches a tiny bit but is thick and not what I would call runny/wet...

In other, less grotesque news, my BBT thermometer arrived in the mail today! Yay! I don't know whether to switch mid-cycle or wait it out and start with the BBT next time?

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantylynn View Post

I chose creamy when it was like lotion..white and wet, but more tacky than stretchy. Sticky has either been 1.not much there but when I rub my fingers together it sticks and crumbles, or 2. lots of it and it's...gunky? It stretches a tiny bit but is thick and not what I would call runny/wet...

I have been wondering about this same thing - but what you describe is exactly how I've been distinguishing between creamy and sticky.

That's so frustrating about FF changing the O date from 11 to 18! But looking at your chart, I can see how it would do that since the temps seem to be steadily climbing. Looks like you've got your BD covered, though, for both O dates! And that example chart you found matches up perfectly! Wow! I am excited for you to be in Waiting to Know. Wouldn't it be funny if you got your BFP before your PCOS appointment?!

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM

Am I a terrible person because the idea of having a Christmas baby is nice due to it being the perfect excuse to skip all the exhausting extended family Christmas activities? lol.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM

tantylynn: I agree with Stevi in thinking the earlier temp is more reliable but I'd have to know if you did anything when he woke you up. There were some mornings my cat woke me up earlier than my 6am alarm and I would shift, stretch, snuggle him so he wouldn't bite my hair, etc. but I always went back to sleep and temped at my usual time. So if you didn't get up, talk, or do anything but slight shift/roll over type stuff, the 2nd temp could still be reliable. If CD18 O is correct, it would also make sense since you thought CD11 was too early for you to O? I don't know! You got some good BDs in if you DID O on the later date.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

It's a girl! love.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithLadyFred View Post

Am I a terrible person because the idea of having a Christmas baby is nice due to it being the perfect excuse to skip all the exhausting extended family Christmas activities? lol.gif

Oooohhhhh... I didn't think of that... I've been imagining the disaster that setting up the tree will be.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Oooohhhhh... I didn't think of that... I've been imagining the disaster that setting up the tree will be.

Haha and I totally didn't think about the tree! I'll probably end up just pestering Mr. Sith to do the heavy work and bribe him with promises of pizza!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

A christmas baby sounds like the perfect excuse to never have to drive 3 hours to my in laws house, yay!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM

SithLadyFred I am totally with you on the excuse of being too pregnant to travel for the holidays excuse. I am hoping to get to use that one!

Gemmine Your description of your cat interfering with waking times made me chuckle because mine does the same thing! He is an aggressive snuggler and curls up on my pillow and starts biting my hair. I'm constantly swatting at him in the wee hours of the morning until DH gets up and locks the cats out of the bedroom (DH gets up and leaves for work about an hour before I do). I figure as long as it's consistent, it shouldn't hurt my temps too much!  LOL orngbiggrin.gif

27 y/o treehugger.gif  & DH geek.gif married 7/3/10. Living in Maryland with 3 cat.gifand 2 dog2.gifand one luxlove.gif on the way!

Our Easter BFP pos.gif will bring us a New Years Baby due 12/30

Old 04-04-2011, 01:18 PM

LadyScientist: ROTFLMAO.gif I kept asking other cat people like, I KNOW I CAN'T BE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS A CAT THAT BITES HAIR! If it wasn't so annoying, I'd crack up when it happens. He never bothers DH in the bed either, just me! But just like you I figured well he does this every day so it can't affect my temp THAT much.

It's a girl! love.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM

EWCM!!!!! Ahhh! The same day preseed comes in the mail. I need sleepy baby vibes so we can BD tonight smile.gif

Tags
Pregnancy Questions
User Tag List