April Showers of Bajingo Juice! TTC#1 in our 30s - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 264 Old 04-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all!  It's been a while since I've been around, and I just tried to read all of March's thread - took a LONG time (I'm supposed to be cleaning the house because we're having people over for dinner), but reading was way more interesting.

Congratulations to Birdie and Cristini!!  It's so great to see people get BFP's.  It gives me hope that mine will come someday (hopefully soon!!!).

TaxLady - I am really, really hoping that yours is the next BFP that I see love.gif

Tickletoes - We started acupuncture/herbs in January, so will let you know how it goes.  DH has a low sperm count (well the volume is good, but the percentage of swimmers that are viable (alive) is low as well as the percentage of "rapid progressors"), and I have kind of low body temps, but seem to be ovulating normally.  The acupuncturist said it would take about 3 months for everything to get on track and then probably another 1 - 3 months to conceive, all things being equal (I haven't had any tests done, so there could be something else amiss).  We just got past the first 3 months, so DH has had another SA.  Waiting on the results and hoping the herbs worked!  I am getting impatient though, it all takes so much time.

I really better go start cleaning, but it was great reading all the posts, and I want to visit more regularly.  It's nice to share with people going through the same things and I feel happy inside reading about you all, and that has to be good for you biggrinbounce.gif  (well I'm not happy when any of you are sad, but hopefully that makes sense).

#62 of 264 Old 04-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Boggles!!!!  hug.gif  So good to have you back!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#63 of 264 Old 04-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I told my DH about GSB and he just looked at me with this weird look.  "Now I don't want to be pressured to have sex on a particular day....blah, blah, blah...we seem to have a nice rhythm going."  I told him that I was happy but that I would probably tell him if there was a special significance of the day like EWCM.  My dear husband got this weirded out look, like you aren't going to make me look at her cervical mucus are you?  Again reassurance that wouldn't be the case. 

Now about charting.  Hum.  newbie question on this..Taking your temperature?  Do you use a normal thermometer?  Do you check it orally or vaginally?  I have read to do it at the same time every day to get the best overall prediction of cycle.

What about cervical position and "softness"?  Any of you do this?

Then there is the cervical mucus?  I have been on birth control pills so long I am not even sure I what to expect now that I am off of them and TTC.

Ah, off to bed I go.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#64 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 05:16 AM

Welcome back Boggles!

Lilac - you are braver than me! I have never tried to explain EWCM other than to tell hubby that we have to DTD now...I hauled out my OPK strips yesterday, which are weirdly showing a pattern starting at CD3 and hubby said "no, you're not seeing things. I just don't know this is a chemical reaction" or something like that.

Caly how are things going with you?

Thinking baby dust to all of us who are ttc...joy.gif

TTC #1 since 2/2011 ~ new month, new beginning
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34311d

#65 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 07:16 AM

Hi BOGGLES!!  Glad you're back. I'm impressed you caught up with the March thread.  I miss a day or two and feel like I'll never catch up.  I can't wait to hear if the herbs worked for your DH, which is our problem - the low counts.  My natural chiropractor doctor said the low counts were probably due to him carrying his cell phone in his pocket next to the sperm production factory.  I hope the next SA produces much better results... I would love to show the DH some proof that herbs WORK!!  Thank you for your well wishes on being the next BFP.  I hope so too. Sheepish.gif

Carla - To temp, most people use a BBT thermometer.  You can buy one at the drug store, they are usually with the other "intercourse" items.  I think I got mine at CVS for about $10.  I temped orally, but I know some ladies set an alarm (so they do it at the same time every day) and do it vaginally.  Then they don't have to worry about falling back to sleep and their mouth opening.  When I saw my OBGYN, she was very happy that I had charts to show her, although, some OB's I've read don't know much about it at all.  She even said, charts are good because there are so many people that don't have sex at the right time.  I personally liked the OPK strips more, because those show when your ovulating, as temping shows you when you ovulated after the fact.  But, it's the pattern from temping that's important.  When I was able to do it throughout a month, the results helped me understand the whole process.  Are you on Fertility Friend?  I hope those more advanced SCIENTISTS on this thread will chime in too.  I never really checked the position and softness, I couldn't really tell the difference, but I think if you do it all month, then you'll have a better time seeing the changes.  

Northstar - I would say if they start getting a chemical reaction, it's time to start the BD BONANZA!  I didn't tell the DH about EWBJ either, but I always let him know that the time was coming.  

A note about EWBJ - I know some of you mention that you don't have a lot of the stuff.  Well, I always thought I had had some.. until I started stimulating in treatment.  WOW, I even think I mentioned that it was like I was back in my 20's.  So writing on here I had a thought, that was when I was stimulating 20 eggs.. so I think if we're only doing one egg a month.. just a little would be normal or even not enough to really notice.  According to the doctor a normal ovary is only about the size of the tip of your thumb, so I wouldn't be concerned if there's not much EWBJ.. I didn't have much before treatment, and we all know, my body was ready to let some eggs go.  So don't be concerned, I think of that tiny egg.. I think if you have anything more than dryness - you've got the stuff to support some swimmers up there.  I hope that helps.. you know..  my 2cents.gif.

AFM - I just feel like I'm getting my .  I don't feel like I'm pregnant and it makes me sad.  I have until Thursday before I find out.  UGH.. this is worse than any TWW I've ever been through.  I don't think I can take a HPT... I had to take a trigger shot of HGC before I had retrieval, and that can give you false results (I've heard).  I know I will be so sad if the news is negative, but they did send the 4 other embryos to the freezer.  Only, the ones we used this time were the best ones.. still, I just feel like any other month when my . should be showing up today or tomorrow.  Now, I'm on progesterone so that shouldn't happen.  OH THURSDAY.. you'll be here before I know it but you're still so far away.  

Have a good Sunday friends.. 

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#66 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 07:53 AM

Carla - I've been testing the waters to see how much DH wants to know. I thought it would be good for him to get an idea of how everything works, but he quickly became disinterested which annoyed me. So I tried another tactic, dropping a fact or piece of knowledge every now and then, and he's definitely picking up those cues. Now I just say "I peed on an OPK and it was neg today" and he knows that that means "we're in fertile time but I haven't O'd yet." Have you seen the fertility charting course on fertility friend? I studied all that and learned how to chart, then decided I wouldn't do that until I feel the need. 50cent OPKs are fine for me for now. If I go a couple cycles with good timing and no BFP, I'll start temping and CM checking to see whether I'm really Oing (OPKs just show the LH surge, not actual confirmation of O). 

hola.gif Boggles! I am really curious...did YOU measure your man's taint? :) Good luck with the SA analysis.

Taxi - I'm so sorry you have to go through this agonizing TWW. Not even POAS to tide you over til Thursday. I can't wait to see that BFP post from you. 

To the BD-BD ladies waiting to O, I wish you excesses of BJ, many of the "other" Os, and that we all catch our little eggies this week! I think I'm going to abstain from the drink and cut the coffee until a couple days after a + OPK. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#67 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 PM

Did you get really dizzy-wizzy at 4DPO? Since I posted this morning,my day totally deteriorated. When I got up off the couch, I felt dizzy but I thought little of it. Rsn my errands, came back home and bam...cramps so bad they sent me to bed, I was so cold hubby had to turn the heat up and I was peeing literally every 1/2 hour. Sick to my stomach And every time I tried to get off the bed, I had another dizzy spell! My bbt temp dropped down to the 96 range and then went up to 98.4 FF thinks I o'd on CD6 based on my OPK but I have a feeling that happened earlier b/c when I was using an OPK as an HPT around AF time, it seemed darker than it should have been. I feel like crying I have no idea what's going on.

#68 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Northstar - hug2.gif I wish I could offer advice, but I don't know so I'll just send e-hugs. Sounds pretty stressful. Do you have anything else going on recently? Diet change, hydration, stress at work or school or otherwise? 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#69 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Rosie-thanks for listening to my whine...work has been very stressful lately which is why I think my 'O' date might have moved up. No diet changes and I'm good about staying hydrated (didn't drink that much today) and getting enough sleep. I just feel like everything that happened is not characteristic of my body, ever. I know coming off bcp can throw you for a loop but I've never gotten dizzy before like this and I haven't had to tuck myself back into bed b/c of cramps since I don't know when!

I'll have to see what tomorrow brings but thank you!

#70 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 03:14 PM

Carla - Husbands are so funny sometimes winky.gif  Mine doesn't want all the details either, although I've found that he is actually listening and absorbing what I say, even when I think he's paying zero attention, so I just keep mentioning stuff, and think he's getting a good idea of what's going on.  TaxLady's temping info was good.  It's definitely important to temp around the same time each day, before you get out of bed in the morning.  Sometimes I'm a little later on the weekend, but I think I've been doing it so long now my body wakes me up at the same time to temp and then I go back to sleep if I don't need to get up.  I have a thermometer that goes to 1 decimal place and it has a backlight, so I can check the temperature in the dark which I find useful (it also has a memory, so you can check what the latest temp was if you forget).  I was a bit confused about the EWCM to start with, but after I tracked it for a couple of months I could definitely see a pattern which made it easier.  Can't help with the cervix thing as I don't do that, I have read that it's helpful if you're not getting a clear picture from temp and EWCM.

Rosie - no, I didn't measure!!  DH mostly goes along with all my BD/TTC ideas, but I think that one would have been pushing it!!

Northstar - I'm not sure what is happening for you, it doesn't sound fun.  About 3 months after I stopped BCP I had kind of the same thing happen (but not as bad as you), and I thought it was my ovaries finally ovulating again.  I felt sick and dizzy and had really, really bad mittelschmertz - but not stomach cramps.  I was at work and had to lie down on the floor because it hurt so badly (luckily nobody was around).  I wasn't doing OPKs at the time, so not sure about that.  That lasted about a day, and then I was okay again.  I hope you feel better soon.hug2.gif

Taxlady - thinking of you.  I've read lots of people say that they thought they were getting their usual AF symptoms and they were actually pregnant, so fingers (and toes) crossed and lots of stickiness.  goodvibes.gif   Waiting is so hard, and in this case I think it must be even more so.

#71 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Hope you feel better.  I have dealt with spring time dizziness every since a really bad sinus infection.  Maybe you have some allergy symptoms going on that are causing your ears to swell and setting off vertigo?  Just a thought.  I know here in Michigan trees are just starting to drop pollen.  I am kind of worried that my allergy pill to keep away from dizzy spells will negatively affect my CM because the allergy pill will dry up all mucus.  I found a cool link to a drug website that is aimed to help people know what drugs can cause which harmful side effects or birth defects.  http://www.drugwatch.com/

They had an alert about topamax (an epilepsy drug) that can cause cleft lips and cleft palates and other birth defects.  Interesting stuff.  I couldn't find my favorite allergy drug of choice (ChlorTrimeton 12 hour) so that was encouraging.

Hope you feel better Northstar.  Dizziness and cramps are never good alone or in combination.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#72 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 05:48 PM

Aw, Northstar, sorry you're feeling so yucky!  My cramps have been just awful since I went off of birth control, so I feel your pain (literally).  I was on BC for 14 years (!!!) and had totally forgotten how awful cramps can be.  I don't know what to make of your early O either, but hug2.gif to you!  Hang in there!

Taxi, do I have to remind you that early pregnancy feels like PMS?  I am hoping so hard for you this cycle!  fingersx.gif  I know this must be a torturous 2WW.  We're here for you! grouphug.gif  Also, it's reassuring to hear that having little to no EWBJ may be normal, since I'm one of those who never seems to have it, so thank you for mentioning that!

Lilac, the free course on the Fertility Friend website is a great way to learn about charting (as Rosie mentioned).  I temped for seven cycles.  I started off temping orally, but I tend to breathe through my mouth at night, so my temps were much more consistent when taken vaginally.  OPKs turned out to be a very reliable predictor of O for me, so after several months of doing both, I decided to just use OPKs.  Cervical mucus is not a good indicator of fertility for me (I don't seem to produce much), and I just never got a good feel for cervical position.  I can differentiate between "low and hard" and "high and soft," but that's it.

Rosie, I was worried at first that DH wouldn't want to hear about the nitty-gritty details of female fertility, but it turned out he was really interested.  I guess that shouldn't have been such a surprise.  He's scientist through and through, and like you, he loves data, so the whole charting aspect really appeals to him.

The Bangin' Daily Bonanza has officially commenced in this household, so DH had a very nice weekend.  orngtongue.gif  No GSB for me yet - I pee on him, and get nothing but a blank circle in return.  I expect he'll show up in a couple of days.  The fact that DH is leaving for Alaska in a couple of weeks really hit me today.  Thinking about it makes me want to cry, so I'm trying not to think about it too much.

#73 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Northstar, I asked my friend (with an elephant-like brain) when I had the "dizzies" last year, because I remember getting them (although less vertigo and more that black out feeling as if your head has been hanging upside-down for a minute). She said it was around April...which was the month after I went off BC. And yep, just like Caly I am now experiencing excruciating cramps. Never had a cramp that was more than a mild annoyance in my life before, and now they keep me awake all night. I'm SO sorry you're going through it. Sucky. Hopefully you'll get prego soon; seems like lotsa women are happy to be miserable with pg symptoms! ;) 

Carla - Thanks for the drug site link, I think it'll be handy. 

Caly - Yay for BDB! Catch that egg!

AFM - We are also starting out Bonanza week. Based on very little data I expect to O Wednesday, but could be tomorrow, who knows? I used preseed today, about 3/4 of an inch worth and man does that stuff do its job. I think I need even less. Weird thing is I didn't think I had a lot of CM going on. Maybe it was the good kind of AF (arousal fluid!). Question - do you guys avoid using spit completely during fertile time. From all I've read spit isn't sperm-friendly, but it's kind of part of the process most times. Should I try to avoid it? What say you ladies?

I'm thinking that instead of trying to be patient I'll just go ahead and use my ICs this month starting 10DPO. If I'm going to get excited about testing, I might as well not stress myself out trying to avoid it. 

#74 of 264 Old 04-10-2011, 07:44 PM

A side note - when I went to a pre-conception doc visit last year I asked what commonly caused controllable or reversible infertility. Doc said alcohol, smokes, but definitely never mentioned Advil. I did some procrastinating today by looking up NSAID-fertiliy studies and lo and behold, NASIDs cause annovulatory cycles. What's worse is the cycle looks normal - OPKs would still come up pos and GBS will happily show on his date. Ugh! I need to read the actual papers to find out what dosages they were testing at.

I know for sure I took at least six advil right around OPK+ last cycle. greensad.gif

Here's a list of the studies and their abstracts. http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/nsaids.html

Am I just learning what everybody else already knew?

#75 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 07:45 AM

Despite the silliness of three RosieL posts in a row, I return this morning to give a suckuppage data collection status report. Whereas yesterday succkuppage was negative (ghostrider), suckuppage this morning was complete. More data collection is necessary, and will continue throughout the Bangin' Daily Bonanza observation period. Additional observations from peers (YOU GUYS!) are welcome, as there is no such TMI in scientific endeavors!

#76 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 AM

Boots please move me to graduates! I heard my little ones super fast heartbeat today at my midwife appointment with a doppler.  I was so excited I cried.  I hope to hear some good news from Hykue today too!

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#77 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 AM

Tank - Yay for the heartbeat!!  So happy for you. 

Taxlady - Just wanted to send you some hugs hug2.gif, and lots of baby dust/sticky vibes dust.gif/goodvibes.gif

Hi to everyone else!  I'm reading along, but don't have much time to post between work, keeping the house up (read: cleaning up after MIL... OMG, I cannot believe how dirty she can get a bathroom in three days... I think there was literally poo on the OUTSIDE of the toilet bowl), wedding/bridesmaid festivities, and just normal life stuff (are we the only ones that haven't done taxes yet... talk about procrastination!).  Anywho, hope all is well with everyone.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#78 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM

I haven't got much time right now because hubby is waiting for me to help him with work outside again, but I wanted to come and share . . . Boots, I hope you really like moving people to graduates, because I saw a heartbeat today too!  The doctor said everything looked good, and I got to see my little vole kick its little feet.  I am so relieved and so pleased.  Now I'm really starting to feel like this is happening and it's going to be okay.

I wish I had more time to reply right now, I have been reading along but didn't want to post my insecurities here.  Just a couple of things:

Boggles, I'm so glad you're back.  I've been hoping everything was going well for you.

Everyone leading up to O:  have fun with the BD bonanza!

Taxlady:  Just a few more days until your test date . . . my mental fingers are still crossed for you.

Everyone:  Hugs! and more hugs!  And now I finally feel safe enough to send extra baby dust your respective ways.  Let the baby dust fallout commence.dust.gif

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#79 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 03:02 PM

YAY for heartbeats! ConGRADulations Hykue and Val! joy.gif

#80 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Yeah, Tank and Hykue on hearing/seeing your baby's heart beat.  So cool!

I had a great chat with a good friend of mine last night about babies and stuff.  Made me feel so much more relaxed.  Day 2 of no birth control pills.  Still feels weird in the morning since it has been so much a part of my routine.

Hope everyone else had a good day!

Carla

#81 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM

Tank and Hykue, my heart is filled withjoy.giffor you!  What an exciting day for both of you!

Rosie, love the "Top Gun" reference. orngtongue.gif  As far as suckuppage is concerned, I'd say there was little to none when we DTD on Saturday.  We'll have another go at it tonight (we decided every other day would be sufficient until GSB shows his face), so I'll let you know what I observe.

I'm glad you're feeling relaxed about TTC, Lilac.  dust.gif and beginner's luck to you!

Not much going on here.  It's CD14 and my OPKs are still negative.  I don't usually O until CD16 or 17, so no surprise there.

Taxi, extra hug2.gif for you during this insufferable waiting period.

#82 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 04:50 PM

So, we got the SA results back and acupuncture/chinese herbs work!  I'm not exactly surprised because I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't thought it would work, but I'm very impressed.  I'm calling it acupuncture, but DH just had one acupuncture visit and then took herbs for 3 months. 

Pre-acupuncture viability was 28%, post is 69%, normal is 50 - 100%. 

Pre-acupuncture rapid progressors was 13%, post is 31%, normal is >= 25%. 

Yay!!!  So hopefully everything is fine with me and we will get lucky soon!  Joining the BD Bonanza too as I think I will O Friday or Saturday.

Babydust to everyone and extra helpings to Caly  goodvibes.gif

#83 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Wow, Boggles, those are amazing results!  What herbs did he take?  Welcome to the BD Bonanza (yeehaw!), and goodvibes.gifto you too!

#84 of 264 Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 PM

edited

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#85 of 264 Old 04-12-2011, 04:23 AM

Catheleni - That sounds like a super-good, solid "try"! Nice work!

#86 of 264 Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 AM

photo.JPG

Would you call that a positive OPK? The top one is today's.

#87 of 264 Old 04-12-2011, 09:22 AM

I IM'd DH "I think the OPK might be a positive today." He immediately said "I'm coming home in a few minutes." smile.gif

Since everyone days hydration matters with OPKs and I drink untold quantities of water, I'm going to assume it's a + unless you ladies tell me otherwise (be honest!). We will keep BDing through the week since I'm not temping. Maybe through til AF comes?

#88 of 264 Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM

Rosie - I'd call the top OPK an "almost positive," and expect tomorrow's to be darker.  However, if tomorrow's is not darker, I'd assume that you caught the surge on the way up today.  Regardless, I'd start BDing!!  Good luck! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#89 of 264 Old 04-12-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValH View Post

Rosie - I'd call the top OPK an "almost positive," and expect tomorrow's to be darker.  However, if tomorrow's is not darker, I'd assume that you caught the surge on the way up today.  Regardless, I'd start BDing!!  Good luck! 

yeahthat.gif

#90 of 264 Old 04-12-2011, 01:07 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page