April Showers of Bajingo Juice! TTC#1 in our 30s - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2011, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Awe Boots I'm glad you liked it. 

I'm going to try this temping thing. I hit the snooze this morning, drank last night, and think I breathed through my mouth during the temping, but I figured it's better to have a temp than no temp. I gotta go through that FF charting course again...

Hi Frannie!! Welcome. :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

TMI ALERT:

So last night DH and I were BDing but were both so tired that nothing really happened.  Woke up this morning.  My temp was up from the temp yesterday.  When I had used FF last night I thought it was weird that I had a low temp, then 4 days of higher temps, then it was getting lower and lower than the first low temp.  I had to go pee really bad when I woke up, but then I came back to bed.  DH was in the mood for BD and I figured my SIL was still asleep (she has been visiting this week from Saskatchewan, Canada).  We had a great time with a quicky before he needed to go to work.  Anyway, I lay for awhile afterward because, well, I was still tired and didn't really want to get up.  Finally got up, cleaned up, and went to make DH lunch and breakfast.  Then when he was out of the shower I went to the bathroom again.  Went for the check of the TP and there in the middle lay the biggest glob of EWCM I have ever seen.  This is CD21 for me, I figured I would have O'd last week but maybe I O'd yesterday given the dip and rise in temp and the EWCM.  The rise isn't so much a "spike" so who knows.  I laughed when I told DH about the glob.  His response was, "could have been just a mix of batter with your internal stuff?"  Nope, pretty sure that was no "mix" he created, definitely eggwhite!  Almost like someone cracked an egg down in my ladybits and took out the yolk.  Well onto more waiting!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:34 AM

Welcome.gif Frannie, Good luck on your TTC. Don't worry about the traveling of course kids change your life but I don't think its the end of everything you've known. I know lots of people who are just as outgoing and world traveling after kids as they were before.

Valh: I can't believe she let Nutmeg out, poor kitty. Deep breaths and keep counting down 8 days left....7 days left.....

Rosie: Sorry AF showed up. Oh please temp, please...I need someones chart to stalk!

Lilac: Extra EW, I'm jealous! Well at least you've covered all your bases in case this is your O time!

AFM: CD 5 so pretty boring. I think I'm going to start using my opks in a week just to be on the safe side. I looked at all the charts on FF for people with one tube and their ovulation days ranged from CD 8 to 40....Oh and I got an appointment with an acupuncturist, I hear it's good for stress which I think helps regulate your cycle so we'll see.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Old 04-27-2011, 07:16 AM

Ram - Thanks in advance for the chart-stalking. I foresee charting to be my new obsession this month, look out!

To all - Can we talk about the CM observation thing? How diligent are you guys are checking? Do you do the internal check or the wipe/underwear check? ***TMI QUESTION*** Do you follow the FF guide and check after poopin' or exercising? Do you not check at all? If not, why not, assuming you temp?

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 04-27-2011, 06:20 PM

I am a check the toilet paper girl.  No internal checking.  Swabbing my cervix, uh, I will leave that for my doctor.

I will have to wait and see about "spiking" on my FF chart. I expect more "normal" results next month (whenever that will start).  I will just have to wait and see.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:31 AM

Second day of taking my temp. Alarm goes off, I grab thermo, take temp by mouth, thermo beeps, I put it back on the table and snooze. Wake up, try to put temp in FertilityFriend. Got rejected for a data error. They don't believe my temp could be 91.7! It was 93 yesterday. I took it again after getting up and moving around ant it was 93. Hmmmm.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 AM

Wow Rosie that is crazy low! I'm surprised it won't let you put in anything that low, I guess it stops at 92 since that is usually considered the lowest average temp recorded. Is it cold where you keep you thermometer? During the winter I would get much lower reading on the cold days because the cold metal lowered my temps. I would always retake it after getting a really low reading and use the 2nd temp. You could just put 92 if you want to record the low temp since you should still be able to see a rise after Oing.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 AM

duh.gif I was using it incorrectly! I clicked the button, stuck the thermo under my tongue, and waited for the beep. Took it out at the beep. Whoops! I didn't realize that it keeps beeping while it's still reading the temp. Silly me. duck.gif

Old 04-28-2011, 04:39 PM

Glad you figured that out, RosieL.  I wish my thermometer had a backlit readout.  That would help.  In my half awake state I am always trying to get the thermometer in the the right light to see the display.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:59 PM

hey guys,

last few days have been rough...i just can't seem to get a break this week. 

boots, "batter" is pretty ucky.  i guess it just stuck.  not pancakes....hmm...not sure what we're making.

rosie, i have 8 weeks left ugggggghhhhhh!!! this year was NOT a good one and needs to be done!

oh, and boots, i don't know about national board.  i just don't get any respect at my school these days, so i'm not sure if it was really worth it.  but that's due to the systematic destruction of the teaching process and the mayoral takeover and a new crappy principal, so...i'm sure it'd be better somewhere else.

so glad it's friday.  it's been raining here alllll week.

hey guys, i also have TWO pregnant rescued cats.  TWO.  but, thankfully, i'm not envious of them! so, does anyone want to adopt a kitten or pair?  Caly,

how bout you?  I'll deliver!  you might need two little kittens to keep you company while DH is getting his science on!  thumb.gif

Welcome Frannie!  Hope you find the forum as helpful as we do! wave.gif

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 AM

Cathe - OMG TWO pregnant cats in your house? I hope you find a place for all those kittens. I miss my kitty TERRIBLY, but there is absolutely no way I could have a cat in the house again. We did it in our old house by splitting territory: cat upstairs with bedrooms, dogs downstairs. One of my dogs is extremely prey-driven, if he sees any little critter flee, he goes NUTS. :( I hope you find good homes for them all. I'm jealous that you'll get to watch the birthing process. I watched it once with a cat (her water broke on my lap! ew!), and it's really neat.

You have a really long school year. I can't believe it's eight more weeks. I'm sorry it's so crappy. 

Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 AM

Rosie,

I'm laughing for some reason reading your post....you cracked me up this morning saying my year is crappy.  Uh, it is!  And we are on a special track (this was our first year) that means we are in school the WHOLE MONTH OF AUGUST and get more breaks within the year....I DON'T like it!

Anyway, thankfully only one of the cats is at my house right now...the other isn't as far along.  DP is like, really irritated with me that our back porch is a cat zone right now......hey, you guys wanna see pics of the kittens when they come?

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Melody, the gray mama about to pop, is probably gonna have 5 or 6.  I'm praying that Harmony, the other mom, only has 2 or 3.   praying.gif

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM

I didn't mean to judge your year as crappy! I'm glad you got a laugh though. :) 

Quote:

hey, you guys wanna see pics of the kittens when they come?

YES!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 AM

Hi Frannie WELCOME!!!  

Cath - this is very exciting about your cats and I think it's wonderful that you're there to take care of them.  I cannot wait to see the kittens.  I have two male cats now.. so I can't take another, but I'll let my friends know in and around Chicago!  You know, I lived in Palatine and Winnketa Ill.. boy that was a loong time ago.  I went to Lincoln Elementary School back then and walked to school in the snow!  :)

Hi to everyone else.. xoxox.. nothing to report.  Just waiting for ovulation confirmation so I can start my stims.. whoo hoo.  DH did wake me up at 3 am to at least see Kate's dress.. then the beautiful choir lulled me back to sleep.

Oh, my husband is running for the board of his charter school today!  VOTE FOR MATT  or send some goodvibes.gif

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
Old 04-29-2011, 09:36 AM

hey taxi, yes, tell your friends!  i'm need to find homes for allll the kittens as well as the rescued moms!  i guess the only good thing is that my friends' kids will be able to see the kittens, so that'll be nice. 

yay for O! good lucky!

rosie, you were right on! crappy year!

Old 04-30-2011, 05:31 AM

Welcome FrannieM!! You have definelty come to the right place!! I've learned so much since coming here. Not sure where this post will pop in but I did read through your posts and EWCM is always a good sign, I've been charting and temping for 3 cycles and i've gotten it every cycle, always before ovulation except for this one. A little extra has never hurt anyone!

ValH-I can't believe she did that and I'm glad you found Nutmeg. Poor kitty was probably as surprised as you were to find herself outside. Sigh. I don't know what to say at this point other than thinking a big hug your way!!

Caly-I'm so sorry that DH is leaving I know I drive mine crazy sometimes but I'm thankful for his support. I have to say that I think where he's going sounds pretty cool! DH and I are nerds so it sounds really exciting. But I wish he was around for you. Just not sure how I feel about the not showering part! Any news on your application?

Cath-how is your kitty doing? We had a cat from like 3rd grade to after I graduated from college and while she never got sick, she picked a lot of fights and ended up getting beat up. I hope yours is doing better-I'm a cat person and I hate to see them in pain.

Bootsie-how are things going with you? One of my friends is moving again and she's thinking of doing the national certification since she's been teaching literally all over the nation.

Lilacvioletiris-it takes to to TTC! I wish my hubby was as serious about it as yours is. Mine is pretty involved (hahaha!) but when I was trying to explain to him that I'd already ovulated, he was like "what?"

Taxie-how are the eggs? Any updates and if there were, I apologize for missing them!!

RosieL-when I started temping in my second cycle, I had HUGE dips and rises but I think they were valid temps because my BBT seems to be really sensitive if I wake up early. Usually I roll out of bed at 6:00AM but if I wake up even 10 minutes before then, my temp will be lower and if I wake up an hour before it does a huge nose-dive. I know I wasn't taking it right and I also bought a new BBT from a little pharmacy because the one I bought at CVS was the correct digital that read to two decimal points, but it gave me a reading in a minute. The one I'm using now takes longer to calculate which is good b/c my temp takes a while to read and I really need more time to get to that beep.

Hugs to all the TTC-ers out there!

13 DPO with the highest BBT since I started temping - a 98.29. Negative HPT but no spotting until yesterday so my fingers are crossed.

TTC #1 since 2/2011 ~ new month, new beginning
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34311d

Old 04-30-2011, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Hi all...things are getting busy around here but I always remember our big life goal is ttc and when I think of that I always think of the support and friendship we have here.

Rosie and Taxi, to whom am I sending threadkeeper instructions  for May?

Cath, I'm sorry you aren't feeling supported at your school. I've got a pretty good thing going at my school and I just pray it doesn't fall apart anytime soon. Things are so unstable everywhere and the teacher-bashing is at an all-time high. I am going for national board partly because of all the talks of RIFs and stuff.

Frannie, welcome and I will add you before I close out this month's thread. :)

AFM, I am in the part of my cycle after O where I play a game with myself called AF, UTI, or pregnant? Usually it's just AF although as it gets hotter I need to make sure I'm drinking lots of water and running to pee between classes. Okay, going to check FF: CD31, approx 8DPO. I have the appointment with the lung doctor this week to discuss what a bad winter I had and how I can avoid that in the future. It's basically nonstop activities from now until the end of the year, May 19. If AF comes (as I'm pretty sure she will but what do I know) I need to go in for my CD3 blood tests. I also need to check with my insurance to see how much of this stuff is going to be covered. Had class today for national board but it wasn't that bad.

Love to all!

p.s. Blanca78 just had her little girl! Details on the Bajingo Grads Thread.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 05-01-2011, 03:54 PM

How long does EWCM last?  I keep getting little bits ever since last Wednesday when I had the huge glob.  I thought it was shorter lived than 4 days.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:07 PM

How much do you trust the blue Equate test from Wal-Mart? First BFP (maybe) today taken just now as my temp went up over 99 in the afternoon and I POAS vs. dipping. Nice dark straight control line but entire test circle was light blue with a faint vertical line. Two verticals for a positive. Thoughts??

Lilacvioletrose-My EWCM literally comes in a sheet once on or near O (sorry if this is TMI) then I get smaller but stickier bits after. It's not uncommon to get it more then once in one cycle. Usually a good sign.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Overall, I know the blue dye tests are problematic. If you want a reliable, get a First Response. Good luck!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 05-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Thanks Bootsie, I totally agree but I got nothing off of FRER so I ended up going with the Equate. While I committed a POAS no-no of taking the test apart, the test | | were perfectly clear when I looked at just the strip.. I think the case smudges the strip so the dye runs out but the two lines were still visible. Blah...

Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Wait, Northstar, are you saying you see a faint line? Can I start to celebrate? That's exciting!

I've been out due to massive workloads (15 hours of data analysis and leanring a new stat packages yesterday, about 13 today). Boots I'd be happy to start a thread, and I'll update the first post when you send the instructions? I haven't seen Taxi post...she'll be graduating this month anyway, so I'm gonna just start one!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 PM

Posted! http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310981/may-your-bajingo-juice-be-plentiful-and-flowing-ttc-1-in-our-30s#post_16420847

Old 05-01-2011, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

threadkeeper instructions sent. Too true, it's gotta be Taxi's month :)

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12

User Tag List