Spring is here, now for some BFP's ~ ONE THREAD~ April 10-16th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

photo.JPG

Would you call that a positive OPK? The top one is today's.

(This is a double post from another thread...but I'm so impatient I wanted to see what you ladies think ASAP!)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 AM

Rosie, I have no idea! It looks close to me, but I haven't used OPK for years and even then, it took us three months to conceive.

So sorry to all the mamas with BFN. Hopefully it is just still too early for all of you! I feel like we'll see positives soon!

AFM: I am at 7DPO and I "think" I am feeling like we caught the egg this time. I am very, very hungry, TIRED, and my nose is sensitive! These are all of my usual pregnancy symptoms so I feel like I may be seeing a positive test in a few days! joy.gif I ate quite a bit last night and woke up around 1 and almost threw up. TMI, my dinner came straight up my throat, then slid back down. SO gross! Anyway, my inlaws are coming this weekend, so I will probably wait until Sunday to test if I haven't had AF yet!

I hope we see some exciting action on this thread this week, ladies!!
#63 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well, I'm 5dpo and my temp took a nose dive this morning. Maybe it is an implantation dip? I usually only have an 11 day lp so I am thinking I will test on Sunday (10dpo). What do you guys think?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33d0ce

Wife to Geof
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4/10), Mom to Connor (7/14/10), Cayleigh (4/20/12), and Chloe (1/7/14)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Expecting another
Late Sept/Early Oct. Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).
#64 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

belacmsage, I think it's perfectly timed for an implantation dip. I would also test at 10dpo in your place. (I used to be a "wait-er" when it came to hpts but since my first full charting experience I am now convinced it's worth it to test with a 25 miu test a day or two before the end of lp.)

Amanda, sounds very promising!

RosieL, I would call the top one an "almost +" opk.

AFM, I am looking forward to getting blood test results tomorrow (related to my pit tumor and return of my cycles). I am still worried that we didn't catch the first egg because of the effects of the tumor, rather than just chance.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#65 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 AM

Sooo.... like the OPK cheapie strips I bought really WERE duds - check out what happened last night with the SAME urine, CD 15:

2011-04-11 OPK Positive.jpg

Tested again this morning (second morning urine) with just the CBE Digital, and it is negative now... should I bother testing again tonight?  I'm guessing the surge passed.  Can you guys take a look at my chart and let me know what you think?  Maybe I haven't O'd yet, but the surge is gone...  Is that possible?  How do you think my timing was?  I wanted to DTD a few days ago, too, but we ended up with like a 2.5/3 day gap.  :(

-
#66 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 AM

filiadeluna, eek, that is crazy about the disparity between the tests! From your chart it looks like you may have o'ed yesterday, but I think you won't know until you get tomorrow's temp. If you don't see more of a rise tomorrow than maybe you geared up to o but then didn't. If you do get a rise, then you your timing sounds pretty good! Btw, I like your avatar. :)

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#67 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM

Sorry, it's not quite positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

photo.JPG

Would you call that a positive OPK? The top one is today's.

(This is a double post from another thread...but I'm so impatient I wanted to see what you ladies think ASAP!)

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#68 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 01:18 PM

This is the same thing I noticed.  The first month I did a digital OPK, I got a positive and the IC wasn't even close to positive.  I'm forever a digital OPK convert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post

Sooo.... like the OPK cheapie strips I bought really WERE duds - check out what happened last night with the SAME urine, CD 15:

2011-04-11 OPK Positive.jpg

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#69 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM

Filiadeluna...   I would try to get a BD in today if you can. I often get good dark OPKs with FMU, and light ones later the same day. For me it is because I can never go long enough without liquids to get good concentrated urine.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#70 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM

Okay, I need some help from the women on here who have been pregnant before!!!! I am not testing again until Friday, to make sure and get an accurate result. My newest symptom.. which is kind of embarrassing to mention.. but here is goes. Today I just started to notice when I got home from work.. that my vagina (the outside, just fleshy part) is sooo sore!!! It looks completely normal though. No rash, nothing weird. Just sore and even slight bit swollen. Also,  under my butt cheeks/top of thighs feel the same! SO sensitive and tender to touch. I am really weirded out. It hurts to rub against my pants even. And also to sit. Its almost the same sensation that I had in my nipples when they were realllly sensitive and sore before my chemical pregnancy. It scared me a lot (because i DID NOT think it was a preg symptom at all and I thought something was wrong) But i looked online and was shocked to see that in pregnancy, because all the blood begins to flood to your pelvic area... it can leave that area (including vagina, and butt) feeling very sore and sensitive. In a way I am still convinced I am not pregnant though, so I dont know what to think. I couldnt find any other reason this would happen. (I was JUST tested for all STDs etc and so was my fiance, so it's nothing like that.) I am just so confused. If I am getting preg symptoms, they are def the most unorthodox ones possible!!! Has anyone has this at all or have any other info on it???? It is SO uncomfortable!

(Okay it is defnitely a sensativity thing, because I can BARELY sit on the toilet because of the coldness of the seat...if it just barely touches me it makes me want to cry!! So confused!)

#71 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Hey everyone! Wow, it really is a CRAZY cycle this month for many of us.

I am still not sure if I have O'd or not. I got the +OPK yesterday morning, but it was definitely negative today. CBFM is still low, but that no longer worries me since I know it may take a month or so to get used to me. I'm still using it though, until it quits asking. My temp today was still normal, no rise.

I got super flushed at work today while talking to some co-workers (about all of this surprisingly) and one of them noticed it. I felt like I was having a hot flash and they all said that it was NOT hot in there. One of the girls who is five months along, said that her doctor said that can happen during O. Does anyone know about that? I don't want to get my hopes up, but it would be awesome if I O'd earlier, because we JUST BD'd a bit ago. thumb.gif

I have decided that Waiting to O is WAY WORSE than the 2WW. By far.

Shelley (40) and SO (34) - TTC #1

My Chart!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340ddf
#72 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
LOL Shelley, you will say that until o is passed, then the 2ww will be the worst ever. Us TTCers, we live our lives in 2 week intervals!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#73 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

LOL Shelley, you will say that until o is passed, then the 2ww will be the worst ever. Us TTCers, we live our lives in 2 week intervals!

Hahaha! You aren't kidding!!

My Chart!
#74 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

cbba2010: That is so true! And sometimes miserable. nut.gif

, birth-working wife to  
 (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS and large uterine polyp, July 2014. Currently waiting on surgery.

, July 2012. Waiting for our 
 sometime very soon.
#75 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 PM

Oh boy, well I dont think my problem has anythin to do with pregnancy. I just realised the sensitivy/pain is only on one side (left buttocks, left thigh..only left side of vagina, but moreso towards my inner thigh) It's throbbing pain and so sensitive that even fabric slightly running across it KILLS. I was nearly in tears the pain was getting so horrible and really freaking me out. The pain is worse than a lot of pain I have felt before. I started to do a lot of research online.. and found that my symptoms are identical to that of Shingles (minus the breaking out part) and i also realized I have noticed the sensitivy/pain before when sitting on the toilet JUST on one side, and it was mainly the sensitivity to the cold seat. This has happened to me only a few times over the years, but I remember it. GREAT. Im not positive, but it literally is spot on with the shingles symptoms. I pray Im not pregnant now, because I am reading it can hurt your baby, esp if an outbreak occurs before 24 weeks. AHHHHH. The pain is so bad, and now I am more stressed :(

#76 of 144 Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Bfillingham: Stress causes shingles outbreaks, so if it IS shingles, I would definitely try to relax and just take it easy. I get them too, and it stinks. crap.gif But if you stress more about it, it only gets worse. Wash the area twice a day with an antibacterial soap like Dial or the like, to prevent infection. Also avoid people that have a comprised immune system, as with most illnesses. The first time I got shingles I had a MRSA staph infection underneath it because of scratching/not keeping it clean. Super scary, and definitely something I would avoid.

, birth-working wife to  
 (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS and large uterine polyp, July 2014. Currently waiting on surgery.

, July 2012. Waiting for our 
 sometime very soon.
#77 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 04:06 AM

Bfillingham - I've had shingles before, so I'll be praying for your sake that it's not shingles.  WildDoula is right, stress can cause an outbreak, or make it worse... so as hard as it is right now, try to stay calm.  If the pain doesn't subside, you may want to get to the doctor to get checked out - I was prescribed an anti-viral drug when I got it... at least I think it was anti-viral, it was something.  Best of luck to you! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#78 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 06:27 AM

Well, I've managed not to take a HPT in the past 48 hours.  Still no AF!  I have no idea whether a test would be + or - .... I still think I'm going to wait.

And I'm feeling twinges in my belly.  Pregnancy-like twinges. 

The hospital 35 miles from us (we're in rural Minnesota) has a laboratory open to the general public --- yesterday I looked at their website and they give a pregnancy blood test for $16.  I think I will go for that if I still haven't gotten AF by Friday.

How is everyone else doing today?

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#79 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

AF started.  Please move me to waiting to ovulate.

#80 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 AM

Hey everyone... is the 2WW over yet??? Aaaaaghghghhh!! Trying to decipher my symptoms is driving me insane. I'm like you, Amanda, I am having to wait til Sunday to test. I have somewhat sore breasts, but nothing like my last pregnancies, I'm sort of sick to my stomach, but not enough to actually throw up, I'm tired, but not that bone tired exhaustion where I'm falling asleep by 7 p.m. or anything. I know every pregnancy is different and this would be my 4th go around, but I generally have the same symptoms in the beginning? I'm just thankful my husband doesn't mind me overanalyzing everything all the time. I am super hungry too. I'm just glad I'm not the only one!! 

Bfillingham- I'd be at least calling and talking to the nurse at the doc's office if it were me. If it's serious enough to make you cry, I'd be concerned! And if you do end up getting checked out I'd make sure and have them run a blood test to confirm if you're pregnant or not. Praying for you!! 

#81 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hey ladies... I haven't been on here too much. I was just trying to get TTC out of my head for a bit until all my fertility testing was complete and I knew what was going on!

Yesterday I had an ultrasound to look at my ovarian reserve. The clinic told me to call on CD1 of my cycle and schedule an appointment. Well I THOUGHT last Friday was CD1 cause I had red bleeding (even though it was only 6DPO but nothing really surprises me about my cycles anymore). I called and took an appointment for the following Tuesday (yesterday). Then Saturday my bleeding stopped. Sunday morning I bled a lot of bright red blood in a short period of time but then it stopped. Then Tuesday I had some red bleeding again. So I didn't know wtf was going on with my cycle but I went for the appointment anyways.

Anyways first thing the Dr said when she started doing the ultrasound was whether I was sure today was CD5 because my uterine lining was very thick like at the end of a cycle. I told her I wasn't sure at all and explained the whole situation. Then she spent a super long time looking at everything, and left the room for a while. When she came back she was like "okay I don't want you to freak out..... you have something really unusual on your left ovary. it looks like it could be an ectopic pregnancy and you need to go to a hospital emergency room NOW". and she started making this huge deal about the fact that I had come to my appointment alone and didn't have anyone to take me to the hospital (even though I felt perfectly fine). So that was pretty scary.

Long story short I spent the entire evening in the emergency room (with my sister cause DH was at work & couldn't leave) and they did another ultrasound & saw the same thing but they also did a beta blood test to see if I was pregnant and it was negative so they said it was probably some kind of ovarian cyst.

I have also had a really bad cold all week and yesterday I thought it was finally getting a bit better yesterday but today it is worse than ever, probably from all the stress I had yesterday and lack of sleep cause I got home from the hospital so late. So today I am just falling apart...

Anyways that's the end of all my whining! Can you please move me to waiting to O?

I will probably start participating again more once I see all my test results and I actually start feeling hopeful about getting pregnant!

Me (32), married to DH (36)
3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013

Mom to Liliana born May 2014

#82 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Sourire - Wow, that was a lot to go through!  I hope your test results give you some answers, and you don't have any more major scares like that.  Good luck, and keep us posted when you can.  :)

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#83 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone! I am def going to make a Doc's Appt, and stop being a self-diagnosing hypchondriac at times! (Google can be my worst enemy!!) My leg is feeling better, but I am just having achy, muscle pains in random spots. Nothing horrible thank God.

Still no AF, but I am only on CD31. My cycle is usually right around 30 days so nothing weird yet, esp if I just O'ed late. We will see what the next couple days bring.

Sourire--So sorry you are going through all that. I have the feeling you are a very strong woman though. I wish you luck and hope things start looking up for you soon!! xo

#84 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Can I join in? I feel a little funny posting to a TTC thread since our first baby (born July 2009) was an oops a few months before we were gonna start trying...and then we were planning to start trying for a second baby in April, but had an oops in February. I had all the signs and symptoms starting exactly a week after ovulation and a BFP three days before I was due to start my period (and we only had one possible time we could have conceived, so I'm evidently fertile enough). But a day and a half later I started spotting and miscarried...only one day before I was due to start. My DH says if I hadn't jumped the gun and tested I would never have known I'd miscarried, but I know differently..I KNEW I was pregnant almost from conception. Still, last month I didn't even try to POAS because I just couldn't handle it.

So that brings us to April and when we were actually gonna start trying for baby #2. So yeah, I had the fertile dates notated on my Period Tracker app and we made sure to spend the first few fertile days "getting busy" and then back off, since we have our fingers crossed for a girl this time (so we can maybe be done--as I had a fairly difficult labor and had an eclamptic seizure six days after LO's birth). So now is the waiting time. Supposedly (unless I got out of whack from the miscarriage/chemical pregnancy in February which doesn't seem likely since it happened the week my period was due and last month's cycle seemed to be on time) last Wednesday was ovulation day and I'm due to start next Wednesday. But last Friday and then again yesterday I had a TEENSY bit of brown spotting so I got to thinking it was maybe implantation bleeding...then today I started having a little more spotting and it's red. Could that still be implantation bleeding since I'm still a week away from starting and my cycles are fairly regular...or could I be off kilter from the chemical pregnancy?

What kinda throws me off is how different my first pregnancy got started. My husband and I were both working second jobs at the time to pay off some debt before we bought our house...so I was gone from 5:30am-7pm every day and DH was gone from 7am-10pm every day and our time off rarely coincided....so we were NOT paying attention to my cycle and were like ships passing in the night as far as being intimate!! I do remember posting to a board something about thinking my period was starting and hating cramps which backtracking makes me think it was implantation bleeding...but until I took the pregnancy test (after my friend who was pregnant with her third insisted I needed to take...and then proceeded to tell her husband that I was pregnant before she'd even heard the results!!)...it really didn't register that that hadn't been just a lighter cycle. In fact, I was so mixed up on when my cycle was due that it wasn't till our first sono at eight weeks that we were able to actually pin down approximately a conception date. So I don't have a lot to go off of as far as signs from my successful pregnancy, since I didn't really have any until just a few days before and that was only exhaustion (which I contributed to my work schedule) and being overly emotional (which I chalked up to my cycle). There were WAY more signs for the one I lost...so it almost makes me want to not have many signs until I see a BFP on a test (which I am forcing myself to wait till next Wednesday to do)...just cause if no signs point to a successful pregnancy and lots of signs point to a loss for me I'd rather not sit here and stew another week with lots of signs.

Whew...sorry so verbose!! But yeah, as of this month we ARE actually TTC...and for the first time I'm actually fairly nervous, since it's really hit me how fragile pregnancies can be.

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#85 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post

Sorry, it's not quite positive.

Thanks for the reply. The next one was a hair darker, but the following ones are getting lighter. Hmmm.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#86 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Bfillingham, I hope you solve the mystery soon!  I never really knew anything about shingles, but I just read up on it and I had no idea it was scary.  I hope you feel better soon!

Sourire, A Dr. saying "Don't freak out but..." is the worst possible thing to say.  That should be part of the curriculum in Med. School.  NEVER say, "Don't freak out but..."  Anyway, I hope you get your answers soon.  Knowing is half the battle.

texanromaniac, Welcome!  You'll find tons of support here! :)

AFM, I tested this morning and got a BIG FAT NEGATIVE.  It couldn't have been more negative.  No shadow, no faint line, no evaporation line...nada!  :(  I know it's still pretty early though, my period isn't even due for another 6 days.  Now that I don't have any more tests in the house, I won't be so tempted to test again.  Unless my period is late of course.  I'm still hopeful!  :) 

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

#87 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Sourire: I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. Get some rest. hug2.gif

Bfillingham: Hope you get into the doctor soon!!

Texan: Welcome to the board!!

BubblMa: Ugh! Sorry, that has to be so frustrating!

AFM: You guys are NOT going to believe this: After my +OPK on Monday and all of the negatives since then -- I got a HIGH on the CBFM this morning. WTF?? My temp is still low. I give up. I have no idea what my body is doing, and I am exhausted trying to figure it out. I'm still going to continue with the CBFM and temping, but I'm done trying to figure everything else out. All I really want to know right now is if I'm actually Oing. Is that too much to ask?! I'm even past hoping that I get a BFP this month - all I want to know is what is happening with my cycle. It's CD20, and I should know something by now. Ugh.

My Chart!
#88 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 PM

I would disregard the OPK and trust the monitor on this one.  Just try to keep your BDing going until your temp rises.  Good luck!!  (By the way, I normally O on CD 20 or later so you're definitely not alone.)  hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley71 View Post

AFM: You guys are NOT going to believe this: After my +OPK on Monday and all of the negatives since then -- I got a HIGH on the CBFM this morning. WTF?? My temp is still low. I give up. I have no idea what my body is doing, and I am exhausted trying to figure it out. I'm still going to continue with the CBFM and temping, but I'm done trying to figure everything else out. All I really want to know right now is if I'm actually Oing. Is that too much to ask?! I'm even past hoping that I get a BFP this month - all I want to know is what is happening with my cycle. It's CD20, and I should know something by now. Ugh.

#89 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Shelley71...   I agree with MommyMatsumoto, keep BDing!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#90 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post

I would disregard the OPK and trust the monitor on this one.  Just try to keep your BDing going until your temp rises.  Good luck!!  (By the way, I normally O on CD 20 or later so you're definitely not alone.)  hug2.gif

That's what I was planning; nothing else has worked so far. LOL We BD'd yesterday and we will tomorrow too, so I think we'll do the every other day thing until I get some kind of answer. That makes me feel better, hearing about your O date. Thanks!

Here's my other issue (I'm just full of problems this week nut.gif):

I always wake up once a night, usually between 3 and 4am, sometimes even 5ish. I just wake up and go back to sleep, but then sometimes I have to use the bathroom. What I started doing was taking my temp right then when I woke up. Then, if I had to pee, I went after the temp.

I am starting to wonder though, if it would just be best to go back to sleep (after peeing, if necessary) and temping only at my morning alarm. I'm just worried about that "3 hour block" of sleep thing. It wouldn't be 3 hours if I did that. Sometimes, it would be less than two.

My temps are never at the same time the way I do it now, and I'm starting to think I'm shooting myself in the foot, temp wise, but I thought the block of sleep thing was more important. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm also thinking about temping vaginally next month, but I'll still have the wake time problems, regardless.

How do you guys handle broken sleep?

My Chart!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page