Spring is here, now for some BFP's ~ ONE THREAD~ April 10-16th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sourire: Sorry you've been going through so much! I hope everything works out for you! hug2.gif

texanromaniac: Welcome! wave.gif

Shelley71: I usually O around CD 20-24 on a pretty regular 35 day cycle. Makes my LP a little short sometimes, but I read somewhere that it shouldn't be too much of a concern unless it is 10 days or less. eyesroll.gif

AFM: Still BDing, even though I thought I would O last weekend, I am just now getting some creamy CM and some EWCM. duh.gif

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#92 of 144 Old 04-13-2011, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Sourire hug.gif What a night! I'm glad you're back with us and hope things settle down for you now.

Welcome texanromaniac!

BubbleMa It's definitely too early to give up hope! Hang in there!

AFM, af.gif She came! So today is CD1 for me, can I be moved to waiting to O? Thanks! I'm actually ok with it (except for the PMS cramps and aches), because this cycle I am starting with a BUNCH of new tools. This will be my second cycle charting, my first cycle with an actual BBT thermometer, first time using OPKs and I started my Maca Root today! And if I go absolutely insane next 2WW I now have 25 strips to pee on haha.

Something I noticed because I am charting - I spotted pretty much from the day after O till CD1, so for about 11 days or so. It started out very light (enough that I noticed but didn't put it on my chart) and gradually got darker and darker. I think it always happens (wasn't just a fluke this cycle) I just never noticed it before because when you're not recording it time just flies by. Does anyone else experience this? Someone in another thread mentioned they had prolonged spotting and progesterone fixed it. My bloodwork last cycle at 1 week before AF had progesterone of 15.6, normal is >30 so it is lower than normal. Any thoughts / suggestions? 

My thoughts are with anyone else who AF has found...but here's to starting a new cycle and another opportunity for a BFP!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#93 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 AM

Ok so I am having a WTH is going on week here too. Today, I woke up and took an OPK with FMU. It turned positive in like 5 seconds. Also, my CM is extremely wet today. However, my temp rose back at CD17 and has stayed up so my temp doesn't match up with the other O signs. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33d0ce

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#94 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I have something to comment to everyone but I just can't from my phone so I'll catch you all when I'm home from work. This is for bela, if I were you I'd POAS, but you are talking to am honerary member of POASaholics here...

Sourire- glad to have you back & that everything is ok! So scary!

Texan- welcome! Ill add you as soon as I get home.

Tanty, shelley & wild doula, I'll catch you in a few hours!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#95 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 01:34 PM

I am at CD 22, 10 dpo and have been having mild pregnancy/or PMS symptoms (my cycles are usually 26 days)... then today when I woke up I have pink tinged mucus every time I use the bathroom. It's slight, just enough for me to notice, but I'm going crazy here!! I want to go buy a test, but I don't want to get my hopes up then take it and it be negative since I still have a few days til AF is due! Anyone else having this symptom??

#96 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Belacmsage...   Uhhhhh... I would take an HPT if I were you. You either didn't ovulate the first time, or you're pregnant. I cannot think of any other reasons for a positive OPK.

AAM...   I may be starting my BDing a little early this cycle, the donors have started calling! Yay! (Watch 'em all diasappear again when it counts!)

Everybody Think Fertile Thoughts!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#97 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

BubbleMa: The last few days of the 2ww are the worst, hang in there!

skyemama: I get tinged CM all through my 2ww, so I'm not a good judge, but if it is abnormal for your cycles than it could be a sign of implantation! Fingers crossed!

tantylynn: As I just started saying above, I spot all through my 2ww as well, some months worse than others, and AF always shows, so for me, spotting is a sign of, well, nothing. But I don't have any temp problems, so they don't suspect any problem with progesterone. Hopefully the new things this month will bring a new result, BFP!

Shelley: Enjoy the BDing! Hopefully after this you see your good temp rise! I've actually never had a problem with OPK's, but if mine were that finnicky I think I'd go crazy.

WildDoula: You enjoy the BDing too! I can't wait to have some more April BFPs!

AFM: CD 6, I had acupuncture yesterday and talked to him about all the spotting I had last month, turns out he thought I may be pregnant, even though I thought he didn't think so... Either way, I wasn't so.... let's try this again! Anyway he did say that all the formulas of TCM I am taking have blood thinning qualities, and I am borderline vonWillebrand's, so I would notice more spotting with anything that thins the blood. However, he also said my body should adjust after the first cycle, as it did with the last formula I tried. So, hopefully this 2ww brings no spotting, and a BFP. It is weird because we weren't going to start trying again until April, and I always though April would be our month, so hopefully it is. If not, May would be nice too.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#98 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for all the support ladies! I am feeling MUCH better today. I have an HCG test scheduled for Monday so I hope it doesn't go horribly wrong like the last test, lol!

Shelley71 - Is this your first month using the CBFM? I have one too and it does say in the instructions to expect it to be a bit messed up in the first cycle. However if you temps are still low and you are still having EWCM, I would go ahead with the assumption that you have not yet O'd! I noticed your AF lasted longer this month than it did last month (if you count the spotting). I have super long AFs as well (7 - 11 days) and I have noticed a trend that I sometimes O later when my period lasts longer... that may be what is happening to you.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#99 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM

Okay so here is the update: My leg was killing this morning.. getting a numbing sensation etc, so I went to the ER (My mom said it somewhat sounded like a blood clot and that freaked me out!!) So, I figured better to be safe than sorry. Well, they took my vitals and I had a low-grade fever of 100.3, high heart rate and high blood pressure. (My blood pressure is normally a bit high.) But the temperature and high heart rate concerned the doc, since I had absolutely no signs of a bacterial or viral infection. No sore throat, coughing etc and my urine sample came back clean, so there was no infection there that could have caused it. I did have some ketones present, but nothing concerning. My urine was also considered "dry" and meant that I was dehydrated. So they hooked me up to an IV to give me fluids. (I didnt understand how I was dehydrated.. I drink WAY more water and fluids that anyone I know!!!!)

So then they drew blood. Everything came back normal... except I had a high white blood cell count. Another sign of some type of infection!!! The doc was pretty confused, and so was I, so he sent a sample of my blood off for a blood culture to see if there was a bacterial infection in my blood. I wont get those results for several days.

OK.. so about the leg thing..I was told I have Sciatica.. yet I havent had any type of trauma or injury to cause it!!! That greatly confused me, because the symptoms just came on in the last couple days and I have had absolutely no injury. But the doc was positive this is what it was. Soo.. I have Sciatica, ketones, low-grade fever, high heart rate, dehydration and high white blood cell count.(All are somewhat common in pregnancy) Some of them were convinced I was pregnant. So they check for pregnancy but only with a urine test. Negative. All the sudden, the doc COMPLETELY ruled that out. Esp because it was 2-3 days past when I should get my period and made it out like it was impossible for me to be pregnant at this stage with a negative urine pregnancy test. and I have heard many times from some nurse friends that I have.. that they basically use preg tests that are just as sensitive as the ones we use at home. I just thought it was odd he completely ruled out pregnancy when I have read SO many stories of women not getting a positive for several days to a week after their expected period. My cousin was one of them who told me her story directly. I dont think that I am def pregnant, but I am not ruling it out yet either. But all of the unexplained symptoms are concerning to me!

Still no AF, but had cramping and feeling of it all day long. I literally feel like I am just about to get.. or already have my period. But it is not here. I really dont know what to think anymore! At this point, I dont care if I get a positive HPT or AF...I just want to KNOW if I am or not!! Anyways, the doc said that my symptoms obv werent threatening to me so I am not worried. I am just confused :(

#100 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Well, today it seems to pretty much be my period...even though it's a freakin' week early (and I've been so regular too). Bright red, clumps, had to use a pad. I'm guessing it just didn't happen this month (definitely not holding my breath anymore). Now, should I get a couple weeks out and suddenly start feeling exhausted and nauseated...then I'll POAS. But for now I'm just telling myself AF came early...GRRR!!

Oh, and cbaa2010...just wanted to point out my nick is Texanromaniac, not Texanromantic...I know, it confuses people. Do you know if I can change my nick...cause I'm in the process of changing over to a different nick web-wide wherever I can (I've kinda outgrown my nick from 2002)!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#101 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 05:21 PM

Jayme: The LP is what I'm worried about. I had a 28 day cycle last month, so if that stays true and I start on time, and O in the next day or two, my LP would be super short.

Tanty: Stupid AF! Sorry she got you! irked.gif

cbaa: Good luck this month!! We need some April BFPs!

Sourire: I never thought of it that way, so maybe that's the problem. It is my first month with the CBFM and now that it's registering high, I have faith in it. What I don't have faith in is my body! I think it is confused! lol

Bfillingham: Wow, what a day you've had! That is so confusing. I'm crossing my fingers that it is all BFP related!

AFM: CBFM was still high today, and OPK was darker than yesterday, but not positive. Temp was still low this morning. I had a lot of CM today, but it was tinged pink (light pink). I'm not sure what that was about, but I don't think it should be considered spotting. Do you? I have a lot of twinging, cramping feelings today. Surely, I'm not getting AF a week early? That would just be dandy mixed in with everything else. I'm not worrying about any of this anymore this month. Whatever happens, happens. I'm just ready to move on to a new cycle and try to get things in better order next time.

Shelley (40) and SO (34) - TTC #1

My Chart!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340ddf
#102 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Bfillingham...   I have read accounts online of women who never got positive urine pregnancy tests, but were pregnant. It is iritating the way doctors treat every patient as the "average patient". A blood test would have been so much more conclusive. I hope you get answers to all of it soon, and hugs for not going koo-koo already!

texanromaniac...   I think sperm screws us up inside. Seriously, my cycles were regular as clock-work, no spotting, no wierd cramping, nothing until I started adding sperm! Now I never know what to expect! Maybe you had a chemical poregnancy, that is what I usually assume when AF arrives as early for me as yours has.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#103 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

texanromaniac- so sorry! I totally just glanced at it before adding you, all fixed! I don't think there is a way to change it, I wish there was, I made my name thinking it was just for login not my username, and I hate it! Hopefully the spotting goes away, I agree with Stevi- everything in my past cycles was normal until we started TTC, now it is crazy!

Bfillingham- I hope it all turns out to be crazy pregnancy symptoms and nothing else, sounds like after all you've been through you deserve a BFP!

Shelley- I forgot to add earlier, my temps are totally different between if I wake at 3 am and have to pee, to 2 hours later when I normally wake up, like sometimes the first temp will be 97.8 and the next will be 98.4, so this month I stopped temping. I think you should probably give it a little longer since you aren't sure of when you O or other real fertility signs for your own body yet, but I've found that now that I'm familiar with my own pattern, I just can't deal with the stress of not having a perfect chart. I'm glad the CBFM finally seems like it is getting in tune with you though. That should make it a lot easier going forward. Also, my acupuncturist reminds me every week (or did when I was temping) that I should not put such a big emphasis on the exact rise and fall of every temp, as long as there is that shift, that is the only important part.

Sourire- Did they tell you yet what CD you are actually on? Just reading what you said before, that your AF seems longer in months you O later, do you think that could be because your AF didn't actually 'start' on CD1 and maybe that was just 'spotting' when it seemed like red flow, b/c didn't your doctor say for CD5 your lining was still very thick. I also get a lot of spotting, and it seems like I go back and forth at the end of my cycle changing things from CD1 back to spotting when AF doesn't really seem like it 'started' yet. My CD1 I get terrible cramps, thats how I know that that red bleeding is AF and not just my crummy LP. Could explain also why they say your Progesterone is OK but your LP still looks so short. I hope that your tests come back with some answers & the next step is your BFP!

AFM- I'm having a little pink in my CM again today... it just wont stop!

#104 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Hi, ladies.

Man there are a lot of newbies around here! Welcome everyone and MUCH luck on your TTC journey!!!

I was just popping in to let you ladies know that I haven't forgotten about you and I still lurk CONSTANTLY, hoping you guys will make it over to the Graduates thread!!!

dust.gif

dust.gif

dust.gif

dust.gif

dust.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#105 of 144 Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

Shelley- I forgot to add earlier, my temps are totally different between if I wake at 3 am and have to pee, to 2 hours later when I normally wake up, like sometimes the first temp will be 97.8 and the next will be 98.4, so this month I stopped temping. I think you should probably give it a little longer since you aren't sure of when you O or other real fertility signs for your own body yet, but I've found that now that I'm familiar with my own pattern, I just can't deal with the stress of not having a perfect chart. I'm glad the CBFM finally seems like it is getting in tune with you though. That should make it a lot easier going forward. Also, my acupuncturist reminds me every week (or did when I was temping) that I should not put such a big emphasis on the exact rise and fall of every temp, as long as there is that shift, that is the only important part.

AFM- I'm having a little pink in my CM again today... it just wont stop!

Yeah, I'm really only interested in seeing that one shift; that's what I've been impatiently waiting for. I'm going to keep doing everything I'm doing, and try not to get so bent out of shape about it all each day. I was really freaked out when I figured out things weren't exactly right this weekend, but after all these ups and downs, I don't think anything could surprise me at this point. Well, a BFP would REALLY surprise me. Hahaha!  Buuut, I don't see that happening this time around.

I'm also seeing pinkish CM today out of the blue. No idea on that. eyesroll.gif

My Chart!
#106 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Just popping in this morning to throw some good luck you way.  Have a good weekend ladies!

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#107 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 06:08 AM

Good morning ladies! It's been a couple of days since i've posted anything and i'm about to head back to page 2 (which was my last post) and catch up with everyone!!  Just thought i'd go ahead and say that I had my appointment with the plastic surgeon this Wednesday and he is confident that I will get approved by my insurance company to have the reduction covered.  He also said that he's had very good results with keeping things intac to where women were able to breast feed with future pregnancies so that made me feel better.  He also told me that as long as I keep the weight gain with my next pregnancy around the same amount as my last pregnancy was then i should be just fine to get pregnant after having the reduction done.  Mainly because my breasts are mainly breast tissue and not a lot of fatty tissue.  I feel much better now that i've talked to him.  It will be about 4 to 5 weeks before i hear from the insurance company but that's fine because we are still working on getting our new house finished so that we can move in!! YAY!! They put the walls and brick up this week.  So now we're just waiting on everyone to get everything put in on the inside lol.  (Which my dad told me could take a little longer than the rest of it has taken because once they do one thing it will have to be inspected then the next people will come in then we'll have to wait on that to be inspected and so on)  I'm really ready to be able to post pictures for you ladies!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#108 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 AM

Just coming by to say hello real quick.  I'm 13dpo and expecting AF today or tomorrow.  I managed not to test today, but got a BFN yesterday.  

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#109 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 08:29 AM

Seriously, stop using the OPKs unless they're digital.  In my opinion, ICs are worthless and vary in accuracy by batch and brand.  The first month I used CBE digital OPKs, I got a smiley and my IC wasn't even close to positive.  In fact, the IC didn't turn positive until the day I was ovulating... which may be too late.

And don't worry about your LP!  There is no reason to think that your LP is going to be shorter because you're ovulating later.  It's completely normal (frustrating, yes, but normal) to ovulate later than 14 and even 20 days into your cycle.  Just *try* to relax and let things happen because stressing out can really mess with things.  And I speak from experience because I am the queen of stress. LOL  Besides, it looks like you're going to be ovulating soon based on your CM and monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley71 View Post

Yeah, I'm really only interested in seeing that one shift; that's what I've been impatiently waiting for. I'm going to keep doing everything I'm doing, and try not to get so bent out of shape about it all each day. I was really freaked out when I figured out things weren't exactly right this weekend, but after all these ups and downs, I don't think anything could surprise me at this point. Well, a BFP would REALLY surprise me. Hahaha!  Buuut, I don't see that happening this time around.

I'm also seeing pinkish CM today out of the blue. No idea on that. eyesroll.gif

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#110 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 AM

MommyMatsumoto...   There is one problem with using only digital OPKs. The price!! I don't use the ICs, but I do use the pee strip type. I actually prefer Answer because I'm used to them, and I stretch the pack of 30 over 3 cycles. Although, for someone who has no reason to think pregnancy will take forever to achieve, I could see splurging on the digitals. LOL

#111 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley71 View Post

AFM: CBFM was still high today, and OPK was darker than yesterday, but not positive. Temp was still low this morning. I had a lot of CM today, but it was tinged pink (light pink). I'm not sure what that was about, but I don't think it should be considered spotting. Do you? I have a lot of twinging, cramping feelings today. Surely, I'm not getting AF a week early? That would just be dandy mixed in with everything else. I'm not worrying about any of this anymore this month. Whatever happens, happens. I'm just ready to move on to a new cycle and try to get things in better order next time.

I think spotting right around the time of ovulation is pretty common. It has happened to me a few times. I would look at the pink CM as a sign you are going to O soon! And some people feel when they ovulate, so maybe that is what your twinges are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

Sourire- Did they tell you yet what CD you are actually on? Just reading what you said before, that your AF seems longer in months you O later, do you think that could be because your AF didn't actually 'start' on CD1 and maybe that was just 'spotting' when it seemed like red flow, b/c didn't your doctor say for CD5 your lining was still very thick. I also get a lot of spotting, and it seems like I go back and forth at the end of my cycle changing things from CD1 back to spotting when AF doesn't really seem like it 'started' yet. My CD1 I get terrible cramps, thats how I know that that red bleeding is AF and not just my crummy LP. Could explain also why they say your Progesterone is OK but your LP still looks so short. I hope that your tests come back with some answers & the next step is your BFP!

The doctors didn't make any guesses about what CD I was on, but I have my own system: I know that CD3 is always the heaviest day of my period, so when that day comes I can figure out everything that came before. Yesterday was that day for me so now I know that the day I had my ultrasound was actually CD 1! I hope that doesn't invalidate the test because they said it had to be done between CD 3 and CD 5.

Once I am done all the tests I will sit down with a doctor and figure out what the heck is going on, I am really excited to figure everything out and move forward!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#112 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 03:52 PM

Gahhhh!  WTH is going on with my temps? dizzy.gif Granted, I am nursing and cosleeping, and I don't go to bed at the same time every night, but seriously!  My temps were higher in the beginning of my cycle than they are now.  I got a positive OPK a few days ago, and my temps are STILL really low.  HELP! 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c9ff1

-
#113 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 03:53 PM

*make sure you scroll down & ignore the first chart - that is a reaaaaallly OLD one from 2007.

-
#114 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 05:14 PM

I think I should be moved to Waiting for AF. Due to my chemical pregnancy last month and the subsequent pH imbalance that occurred, TTC this month was a no-go. greensad.gif  So, hopefully May will be our 3rd times a charm. 

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#115 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 05:40 PM

Well, I had another positive OPK with FMU today. I am still confused at the combination of fertile signs with my temps still raised. My DH is pushing for me to take a pregnancy test tomorrow but I think I will try to hold out til Sunday. With everything being so messed up this cycle, I think it will be too soon to get a BFP even then. We shall see...

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#116 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 PM

Nothing new to report, everything is still the same. I just wanted to check in and say hello and see how everyone was doing!  thumb.gif

My Chart!
#117 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 PM

True!  They are quite pricey. greensad.gif  I usually don't start using them until I get EWCM and usually use about 4 or 5 per cycle.  Although, if someone has several days of fertile CM or no fertile CM at all that would be a problem too.  After I use the rest of my digitals, I think I'm just going to stop using OPKs altogether.  Apparently they're not helping me out anyway.  nut.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

MommyMatsumoto...   There is one problem with using only digital OPKs. The price!! I don't use the ICs, but I do use the pee strip type. I actually prefer Answer because I'm used to them, and I stretch the pack of 30 over 3 cycles. Although, for someone who has no reason to think pregnancy will take forever to achieve, I could see splurging on the digitals. LOL

#118 of 144 Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Can I be moved to Waiting to Know please? I think it's safe to say I have O'd at this point. Now to endure the 2WW! Anyone have some patience they don't need? :P

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#119 of 144 Old 04-16-2011, 01:56 AM

bela Given all the excitement we had last month with the +OPK before +HPT, this sounds hopeful!! Fingers crossed for you!

Not much happening here. Sitting at CD3, *yawn*. I do have a question though, I posted in another thread as well. Anyone know what CD a baseline ultrasound is supposed to be done? 

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#120 of 144 Old 04-16-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post

Seriously, stop using the OPKs unless they're digital.  In my opinion, ICs are worthless and vary in accuracy by batch and brand.  The first month I used CBE digital OPKs, I got a smiley and my IC wasn't even close to positive.  In fact, the IC didn't turn positive until the day I was ovulating... which may be too late.

And don't worry about your LP!  There is no reason to think that your LP is going to be shorter because you're ovulating later.  It's completely normal (frustrating, yes, but normal) to ovulate later than 14 and even 20 days into your cycle.  Just *try* to relax and let things happen because stressing out can really mess with things.  And I speak from experience because I am the queen of stress. LOL  Besides, it looks like you're going to be ovulating soon based on your CM and monitor.

I'm definitely going to switch to the digital OPKs next month. I'm only using the OPKs as a comparison with the monitor at this point. I don't worry too much about what I see on those. The LP is still a thought in the back of my mind, but until I see a definite pattern, there's not much I can do so there is no use spending too much time worrying about it. I think that because I was still not completely prepared for my first month of real charting (like I thought I was), that my freak out last weekend (when things didn't happen exactly like I thought they should) probably affected everything.

I'm not stressed anymore. I'm just waiting to see what happens, and I'm ready to get going on a new cycle if that's what is in the cards. I'm not counting myself out, though. If I really haven't ovulated yet, then, by all means, bring on the BFP! LOL  But, if I don't see a BFP, then that's ok. This is a HUGE learning process, and I think I let my age get the best of me this time since nothing happened in the so called "normal O time frame".

My Chart!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page