how high are "pregnant" BBT temps? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having a strange cycle and hoping it could mean I'm FINALLY pg...

do BBT soar much higher than usual if pregnancy occurs or can they just stay above cover line and not really get higher and higher? i'm having a very wacky cycle and trying to figure out what it all means. thanks! 

DW married to DH expecting first baby in April 2012!

#2 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Based on my first two pregnancies I would have answered that pg cycles usually get higher temps.  For example, I am usually in the low 98's during my LP, but with my first two pregnancies I bumped up into the mid-98's and a few even higher than that.

But, the third pregnancy did not follow that pattern at all.  I kept thinking AF was coming b/c I dipped below the coverline more than once and my temps were only in the high 97's with one or two in the low 98's.  I really had no idea what was going on and started to question my ovulation day.  But when AF still hadn't come after 20 days from when I (and FF) thought I ovulated I couldn't ignore it anymore and tested.  BFP.  Once I tested positive, FF redrew the coverline.  LOL.  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25f63a

How many DPO are you now?  12?  Some women get a BFP on day 12, but I personally like to wait until I'm several days past my longest LP so I don't get ambiguous results.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

thanks....you know what, i searched some charts after reading your post and i saw several that "flat-lined" like mine is doing and ended in BFP! So i now have new hope...

according to FF, i am 16 DPO, but it's really not possible because my longest LP ever was 14 days and it is usually more like 12. i'm now pretty certain that my actual O date was CD16 and not CD13 as it is currently showing. i am trying not to get too excited, but i do plan to test tomorrow morning if AF is still not here (fingers crossed) at which point i will be 14 DPO, according to my hunch that the O date was really CD16. Wish me luck and baby dust!!!! :)

Here is my chart just for fun:

DW married to DH expecting first baby in April 2012!

#4 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Good plan!  Can't wait to hear if you see something!  Did you get a pink dye test like FR?  Those have less evap line issues.  Also, be sure to take a picture of it before the ten minutes are up.  :)

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 PM

I have no answers but wanted to say good luck!
#6 of 6 Old 04-15-2011, 02:54 PM

Personally, I get positive pee-sticks before my charts do anything "pregnant-like".  I've linked my homepage - I've got a miscarriage and a pregnancy chart on there.  For me, they don't just soar up, they hover around a new normal-ish. 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Apricot

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page