Birds do it... Bees do it... even Ladies in their Forties do it.... 40+++ Spring TTC - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 500 Old 07-02-2011, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Gumblossom, so glad to hear the surgery went smoothly and especially that you're feeling okay emotionally! Thinking muchly of you... ((( hugs )))

Fuller2, I meant to thank you for your earlier post about your experience of your first pregnancy (when your marriage fell apart while you were pregnant)... I had a similar experience, and it's good to connect with other mamas who have been there. As for your ovarian/tubal pain, so sorry you're going through this! I've had lots of ovarian cysts, and it does sound remarkably like one of those. I've had them wake me up at night and land me in the emergency room... and even then, they have not required surgery. Thinking of you and hoping this all turns out just fine.

Kristin, I had the same question when doing cd3 testing a year ago. My RE told me that cd1 is the first day of full, bright red flow, regardless of what time of day it happens. I do seem to recall that I had one cycle which started very late at night, and the RE nurse told me to count the next day as cd1. Was your late-night bleeding more like spotting, brown or pink, or was it a full bright-red flow?

AFM, I'm glad my last post resonated with many of you! I love that we can share experiences and be here for each other like that. love.gif I feel like there are other posts out there I'm wanting to respond to, but I only have this minute right now. For those who were discussing menstrual clots earlier... I've been looking into them, because this cycle (which I believe is the release of another chemical pregnancy) is so full of them, and larger than I've ever seen. I learned that from a western perspective, clots are said to be caused when bleeding happens so fast and so heavily that the body doesn't have time to release anti-coagulant into the uterus. (Also from a western view) they can also be caused when there is stagnation because of a narrowed cervical passage, which happens when our estrogen is low. Very interesting that on at least one of these points ("stagnation"), there is eastern/western agreement. A rare and welcome moment of synchronicity! 

Wishing you all a wonderful long weekend! Love, LitMama

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#482 of 500 Old 07-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Happy Birthday, Stevi! If you're having trouble feeling celebratory, think of your wonderfully-growing/aging self through the eyes of a friend or family member who loves you (and sees you unfolding in a beautiful way). Here's a toast to you! 

champagne.gif

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
#483 of 500 Old 07-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ouch, fuller2! That sounds no fun. I hope it turns out fine. (Constipation is always a "good" pg symptom for me.) If it is a corpus luteum cyst, will the pain stop soon?

Gumblossom, I'm glad the surgery went well and that you were feeling good emotionally last night. ((hug)) to you anyway! I love the names in your signature that you gave the little ones who were with you briefly.

Litmama, that sure sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me.

AFM, I passed my fertile time. We didn't really try this month. I felt my body and my heart needed a break. I'm considering trying femara, but I have so much working well I hate to mess with my hormones. Logically it seems like the thing to do, but my gut says keep doing what we are doing. I probably need more information.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#484 of 500 Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 PM

LitMama...   Thank you. :)

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#485 of 500 Old 07-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Happy belated birthday, Stevi!

I was just wondering... should there be a new thread started-- 40+++ Summer TTC?    :) 

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#486 of 500 Old 07-02-2011, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

I contemplated starting a new thread but we have had such good vibes with this one I thought I would keep it as is for a while, unless someone has strong feelings about changing it now.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#487 of 500 Old 07-02-2011, 10:26 PM

For me there are both good vibes in this thread and sad memories. I like the idea of a fresh start. It could even be the same title, but with Summer instead of Spring, and starting at page 1. But I wouldn't say these are strong feelings, more of a preference.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#488 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 08:29 AM

I agree with starting the summer thread, and with keeping the same title! :)

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#489 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 09:27 AM

A new summer thread is fine by me.

(1st HCG test -- they said the level was "great." Haven't heard about the 2nd yet -- since it's the holiday it won't be until Tuesday.  Ovary still feeling weird and cysty but seems to be getting better.  I'm TIRED, but in decent spirits.  Though I would LOVE a latte.  sigh...)

#490 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 11:18 AM

Fuller2...   I think banks, labs, and everything important should be REQUIRED to stay open 24/7. This closing for weekends and holidays is ridiculous!

#491 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Belated happy birthday Stevi!

Fuller2, sending positive vibes to you, that this is just a harmless cyst and not an ectopic, and that your hcg levels do what they should. Are you at particular risk for an ectopic?

Thanks for the article Purplefish. Congratulations on being ‘almost’ 12 weeks.

Litmama, sorry this wasn’t the cycle for you. I had labor like cramps once in my 2ww. Ill never know why. Im sorry you had to go through that. And thankyou for those truly beautiful words. (ah, the ocean. What a lesson, Most of this planet is water)

Saoirse, thankyou for the picture!

Gumblossom, Im so sorry you had to go through this. Sending you energy of healing and peace.

#492 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 PM

Hi all,

I got my BFP!  It's been a while since I've posted but thought I should update my status from hopeful.  I feel good and I'm super excited!!  I'm due first week in March.  I'll be 44.   I'm sure this one will stick- been 3 m/c's in a row for the last 2 1/2 years, but I'm feeling like I'm ready with my body, mind and soul.

I have been getting some tightening, usually if I'm lying down or nursing my 3 year old.  Sounds like Palmer's sign.  Anyone heard of it? 

Amy,  organically growing 5 homeschooled sweetieshomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpg5 lossesbrokenheart.gifbelly.gif due this summer!
#493 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

homebirthy, that is wonderful news!  Did you have to go through many cycles?  It gives me such hope that perhaps I indeed will become pregnant even though I'm halfway through to 42!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#494 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Congrats homebirthy! I'm also 44 (soon to be 45) and just days away from birthing my baby.

Gumblossom- I hope you are feeling better and I pray for a sticky one for you next time  (((hugs))).

#495 of 500 Old 07-03-2011, 10:35 PM

Great news, homebirthy! Thanks for stopping by and sharing it.

#496 of 500 Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 AM

I also would like to say hello! I haven't posted in a while. I have been so sick for the past 2 months with hyperemesis.

I just turned 41 and will be 15 weeks tomorrow.

So excited and so eager for this nausea to subside.

#497 of 500 Old 07-04-2011, 10:24 AM

Congrats, Homebirthy and Lotus1! Sending blessings to both you and your babes. Lotus1, I had hyperemesis with my daughter, I know how tough that is. ((( hugs ))) to you and hoping the nausea will subside soon. Would either of you be willing to share with the rest of us whatever you felt contributed to your success (diet, supplements, mind/body rituals, anything else)?

Greenmama, how exciting that you are days away! I can't wait to hear your happy news soon. Please keep us posted. Sending you beautiful birth vibes! goodvibes.gif

Fuller2, congrats on your excellent first betas! May the next ones look even better...

I think I was meaning to reply to Stealthee a while back... I loved the description of your fun weekend with friends. I'm sorry that your ovaries had to endure tobacco smoke but I doubt that an evening's exposure would ruin your chances! How cool that you used to play in bands... I never did that myself but have friends in the music scene. DH spent years playing in bands and our livingroom is still filled with guitars, drums, etc. 

AFM, still bleeding on cd7, can't wait for it to stop so I can feel done. I'm taking a mental break from TTC obsession at the moment and trying to focus on other things that bring me joy... right now it's the garden and the planning stages for a mural in our backyard. I agree a summer thread would be great -- we can keep the joyful momentum of BFPs going while also providing a fresh start for lots of us.

#498 of 500 Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 AM

hCG levels: Thursday 622, Saturday 2300.  The nurse said "the numbers look great!"

This explains why I feel a little sick, I guess....smile.gif  still not ready to head over to the I'm Pregnant boards, though.

#499 of 500 Old 07-05-2011, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations fuller those numbers look great!

Here is the link to the new thread ladies.

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1320390/birds-do-it-bees-do-it-even-ladies-in-their-40-s-do-it-summer-40-ttc-thread#post_16538314

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#500 of 500 Old 07-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller2 View Post

hCG levels: Thursday 622, Saturday 2300.  The nurse said "the numbers look great!"

This explains why I feel a little sick, I guess....smile.gif  still not ready to head over to the I'm Pregnant boards, though.

joy.gif

I get you...when I got pg with dd I stayed on this board for a few months b4 I felt comfortable going to a ddc ;)

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page