2WW Support - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2011, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So - how do I take a test on Saturday if I land on saturday morning? Take it saturday evening and not pee or drink water all day?  Or do I need to wait until Sunday morning??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 AM

Frannie,
I was 15 dpo yesterday and I didnt need my FMU to get a positive (very clear positive) yesterday. FMU is really no different than any other urine, its just more concentrated. Eat some salty food and try not to pee for at least 3 hours.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi everyone and congratulations to all the lucky mamas on the BFPs!

I have to be here because I am going crazy waiting!  I did post once in the nursing mamas TTC thread, but the 2WW support is in order right now!  I have PCOS and am still nursing my 13 month old dd.  Haven't seen AF in 2 years!! 

I am 10 DPO (I think--I never charted--just monitored CF and used OPKs).  I tested at 5 and 7 DPO (not so smart) with FRER and of course, BFNs.   I am trying to hold out a bit longer. 

So far my symptoms have been pretty basic...at 7,8 and a little of 9 DPO I had mild, intermittent cramping...it's been almost two years since AF so I don't even remember what PMS feels like---but I do think this happened to me before AF.  Breasts have felt fuller for the past couple of days, but not real sore.  I am also very bloated, to the point that I have brought out my old maternity tops.  I know people are looking at me funny at work, but I'm so confident that I *will* get my BFP soon that I don't even care!

Oh yeah---went to a psychic three days ago who told me that a baby is coming soon---and that I was very likely pregnant right now, with a boy!  So...we'll see!  She did predict the birth of my daughter...well before I was even thinking of babies and at a point in my life where dh and I didn't even think we wanted children....

Old 05-27-2011, 01:21 AM

Adaline'sMama thanks. I am 15dpo today. My breasts are huge with bigger nipples. My period was due two days ago.  I just have creamy CM, not a spot of blood in sight.  I am thisclose to declaring myself pregnant even without having taken a test.  24 hours more to go!  I am peeing on a stick the second I get off the damned airplane!  I'll eat some salted peanuts for breakfast and not pee from the last three hours.  

Old 05-27-2011, 01:23 AM

oh and today is our five year wedding anniversary :)  

Old 05-27-2011, 05:25 AM

Aww, that will be a wonderful gift.

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 05-27-2011, 07:50 AM

i was wondering something..i am late on my period as of today... i wasnt able to take my temperature today because im not home.. so im upset about that... but my friend who is older had her period the same time as me last month, lasted the same days n everything, she hasnt had hers yet either.. does that mean anything for me????? [shes not pregnant]

Mother to Nicholas 10-2-08  TTC#2 =]

Old 05-27-2011, 10:46 AM

I personally dont think her period as anything to do with yours. Do you know your cycle length? Does she know hers? There are times that my cycle falls in line with a few of my friends' cycles and then back out again because my cycle length is 29 days and theirs are 31. If you are late, you should be able to test and see if you are pg by now.

SIDS happens. 

Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM

i was just curious because last month was weird. both me and her started our AF's EXACTLy 7 days early, and we bled the same the enitre time, and we both lasted 7 days which was weird because we both normally only last like 3 or 4.. thats why i was curious about hers and mine because of what happened to us last month.. 

but i think i am out this time..i started spotting a little.. it was light pink and only when i whiped. now its a little bit brown.. but not like my normal Af's.. i normally get it full blown starting out, then the last day i spot.. but it wasnt even enough to get on the pad.. just a toilet paper.. so ill see later on if it spots or gets heavier=[ im sad 

so if i am out this time do you guys have any advice on male fertility??? im dealing with the male factor.. he has a low count and everything.. do you girls know anything about maybe food or vitamins or ANYTHING to help???

Mother to Nicholas 10-2-08  TTC#2 =]

Old 05-28-2011, 12:18 AM

Any update, FrannieM? I hope you were able to test!

So, I posted for the first time here several days ago and have been following along, even though I didn't have a chance to post again until now.

I'm now 12 dpo and was due to get my period today. My breasts have been super sore, which doesn't happen to this extent before/during AF. I have a shortish luteal phase, so I'm already "late" even though it's only been 12 days since I ovulated.  Starting yesterday (11 dpo) I began to get faint second lines on the internet cheapie tests I have from Amazon.com (same thing on three of those tests over the past 2 days). I've since taken 2 digital Clearblue Easy tests, one Answer test, and one EPT test; unfortunately, all of those have been BFNs  -- well, with the Answer test, I thought I saw a very, very faint second line, but I'm not sure. What's up with the internet cheapies being more sensitive than the more expensive tests? Do I trust them?

Am I not seeing more definitive BFPs because it's only been 12 dpo? Since my period is now late, I guess I figured I would be seeing a clear BFP today. Is this normal for people who ovulate later in their cycle and have a short-ish LP? I worry a little because some of the pregnancy tests claim that they are 99% accurate from the day of the missed period, and if that's the case, then maybe I don't have enough hCG to sustain a pregnancy? I hope hope hope that's not what's going on. 

Thanks for any info or reassurance!

Old 05-28-2011, 05:26 AM

BFP!  BFP!!  BFP!!!!!!!!  

I didn't pee the entire last 10 hours of my multiple airplane rides, haha, trying to make it concentrated urine.  My hubby picked me up at the airport as a surprise with a HUGE homemade card saying "happy five years" and a bunch of flowers.  We rushed home, I burst through the front door and flew to the bathroom I HAD TO PEE SO BAD.

Took an e.p.t. pregnany test... I think I had to wait all of 5 seconds for the plus sign to show up.

I AM PREGNANT!!  :)

Old 05-28-2011, 06:29 AM

humdinger did you test again today yet?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 AM

YAY FRANNIE!!!!! joy.gif
Im so happy for you! I havent been able to hold it for 10 hours since before I had DD....I thought I was gonna pop at FIVE HOURS!! Go you.

Join us in the Feb DDC (I assume that is where you'll be anyway).

SIDS happens. 

Old 05-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Thanks!  It is slowly sinking in.  I am so excited but also overwhelmed!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Hello all! This is my first 2WW so thought I'd drop in here too (I'm new!)

7 DPO for me today! Last 2 days I've had mild menstrual-like cramps and creamy CM. Gosh it's so hard not to get my hopes up, I'm getting excited because I've waited so long to be in a place where we are READY! I'm not sure if chances are good or bad... we DTD at 1am (EWCM earlier that day) and when I woke up that morning I had my temp shift... we DTD again later that night as well... either DTD right on the day of ovulation or we might have missed it!

I'm concerned that while my BBT is above the coverline it's still lower than normal (under 98) so I'm hoping that I'm producing enough progesterone to support conception. What a weird cycle, I'm on CD 46 - anovulatory cycle followed by spotting followed by O. My cycles have been great leading up to the month we decided to TTC lol

Normally I have 5 days of brown spotting before AF... I wonder if I'll still have spotting if I'm pregnant... (just thinking out loud)

I've decided that if AF doesn't arrive by then that we'll test on Saturday (14 dpo). We'll see if I can wait that long hehe

I have a weird sense of excitement and nervousness...

mdcblog5.gif  PrenatalCoach.com

…my journey to motherhood through nourishing foods & conscious conception/pregnancy/birth

Expecting Baby #1 June 2012

Old 05-28-2011, 11:21 AM

YAY FrannieM!!!

Mom/Wife/Minister. DS Anderson 12/06. Hoping and praying for baby #2!

Looking forward to all these things again ---> winner.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gif

If I hide myself wherever I go, am I ever really there? - Barenaked Ladies

Old 05-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Humdinger,

I got a faint faint line on an answer test way before it showed up on a frer. And it only showed up on ept at 16dpo, after the answer showed me a faint positive at 8 dpo. Was your faint line pink? I would go get an answer stick test from Walgreens (right now they are 3 test for 11.00 here. ) and pee on it after holding it for a few hours. A positive is a positive IMO.

SIDS happens. 

Old 05-28-2011, 12:03 PM

Congrats Frannie!

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 PM

YAY! That's so exciting... congratulations Frannie!

mdcblog5.gif  PrenatalCoach.com

…my journey to motherhood through nourishing foods & conscious conception/pregnancy/birth

Expecting Baby #1 June 2012

Old 05-28-2011, 01:32 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Quote:

Originally Posted by humdinger View Post

Starting yesterday (11 dpo) I began to get faint second lines on the internet cheapie tests I have from Amazon.com (same thing on three of those tests over the past 2 days). I've since taken 2 digital Clearblue Easy tests, one Answer test, and one EPT test; unfortunately, all of those have been BFNs  -- well, with the Answer test, I thought I saw a very, very faint second line, but I'm not sure. What's up with the internet cheapies being more sensitive than the more expensive tests? Do I trust them?

CBE digital and EPT need hCG levels of 50 or more.  Most of the internet tests, many of the generic store brands and dollar store tests only require 25.  A positive is a positive.  Pink dye tests do get evap lines more often, but just don't look at the test after the appropriate window (usually 10 minutes). 

Am I not seeing more definitive BFPs because it's only been 12 dpo? Since my period is now late, I guess I figured I would be seeing a clear BFP today. Is this normal for people who ovulate later in their cycle and have a short-ish LP? I worry a little because some of the pregnancy tests claim that they are 99% accurate from the day of the missed period, and if that's the case, then maybe I don't have enough hCG to sustain a pregnancy? I hope hope hope that's not what's going on. 

How high your hCG levels are at a given DPO depends on several things, namely when implantation occurred (which could be anywhere from 6-12 DPO) and the embryo itself (how much hCG it is producing and how quickly).  If the pregnancy is viable your levels will double every 24-48 hours.  So if your levels were at the bare minimum to test positive on the internet test (25- which would give you that extremely faint line) at 11 DPO then they should be at 50 or more by 13 DPO, but might not be yet by 12 DPO (hence the BFN's).  So no worries yet!  You should get a BFP (though it may be very faint) on your CBE or EPT tests tomorrow.  Or you could just go get one of the others I mentioned above and you should get a BFP on one of those today (with concentrated urine).

A short LP is only a problem if it prevents implantation.  Because you have detectable hCG in your system, the embryo has already implanted therefore your short LP is not an issue with this pregnancy.  Low progesterone is another issue, but unless you have had your levels tested and know that you have progesterone issues, I would not worry about this either.  I have an average 10 LP (ranging from 9-11 days usually) and have had no issues sustaining a pregnancy three times.  thumb.gif

Congratulations!!!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 05-28-2011, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Frannie, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!joy.gif

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 05-28-2011, 08:57 PM

Huge congrats, FrannieM! I'm so happy for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannieM View Post

BFP!  BFP!!  BFP!!!!!!!!  

I didn't pee the entire last 10 hours of my multiple airplane rides, haha, trying to make it concentrated urine.  My hubby picked me up at the airport as a surprise with a HUGE homemade card saying "happy five years" and a bunch of flowers.  We rushed home, I burst through the front door and flew to the bathroom I HAD TO PEE SO BAD.

Took an e.p.t. pregnany test... I think I had to wait all of 5 seconds for the plus sign to show up.

I AM PREGNANT!!  :)

Old 05-28-2011, 09:08 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts. Jaimee, thanks so much for your very helpful post! It was really reassuring to me today. I didn't realize that the various tests had different hCG thresholds - that was good to learn.

At any rate, I have good news!! I just got a *real* BFP on an EPT test and a "pregnant" on the Clearblue Easy digital test!!! I am soooo excited. This makes it feel more real, somehow.  I had gotten another faint positive this morning on an internet cheapie test, so I wasn't sure what to think, but I decided to test again tonight since it had been almost 48 hours since the first faint line. I guess this means my hCG is doubling appropriately - YAY!!!!!!  I am over the moon. :)

Thank you all for your support and the information you shared! I'll be sending BFP vibes to those who are still in the 2WW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Congratulations!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 12:34 AM

Woohoo Humdinger!!  

Ah, I am feelinng really positive for the others in 2ww right now!

Old 05-29-2011, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Congrats, Humdinger!  What a great feeling it is to be over the moon with a BFP!  I jumped over to this thread to get some inspiration...and I got it!  I am currently in the 2WW-- just 2 dpo though.

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 05-30-2011, 04:34 PM

Congratulations to humdinger!!

OK, I'm sitting here 10 DPO and I haven't tested yet. I have been planning to test on Thurs or Fri if no AF yet by then.

I've been having some symptoms that I hoped were pregnancy signs-- sore breasts, slightly nauseous, and I got winded quickly when exercising.

But then I just found a spot of blood in my undies and I feel kinda crampy. I usually lightly spot 2-3 days before AF clomes. So I'm probably out.... right?

I'm more upset than I thought I would be. This was our first cycle trying, but I've been charting my fertility signs for 2.5 years (for birth control). We did everything right. We BD'd every day for 9 days, making a point to do it right when I found obvious EWCM.

I'm especially upset because we wanted to try and time a baby's birth with an upcoming break in my life, in between me finishing grad school and getting a job. We only have another 2 cycles to try before we put plans on hold (because I don't want to finish my graduate program 4 months pregnant).

What are some things you guys are doing to boost your chances? DH has stopped biking to work, and I'm not taking ibuprofen. Any tips?! Or good threads on this topic anyone knows of?

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM

I’d love to join you all! I’m 11 DPO, BFN this morning, but I’m having what feels like round ligament pains.  So weird.  Also, my 13 month old ds, seems frustrated when he is nursing like there isn’t as much milk there.  He keep wanting to switch sides back and forth.  Ironically, I have my yearly annual with my OBGYN on Wednesday, so I’m wondering do I cancel in case AF shows, or if I get a BFP?  Either way it seems like I’m going to have to reschedule…  So who knows what is going on, but I’d love to obsess with all of you! biggrinbounce.gif

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

Old 05-31-2011, 02:32 PM

I just got my BFP!joy.gif

I am a whirlwind of emotions. I am so very excited but nervous at the same time since I had preeclampsia with my DS three years ago.  I'm nervous it will return but I am going to think positively that it won't.

Good luck to all and may you all get your BFPs.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

Old 05-31-2011, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats Silver Moon! When are you due?

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

Old 05-31-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Congrats Silver Moon! When are you due?

I haven't been to the doc yet, but FF says February 7 based on O date.  How bout you?

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

User Tag List