2WW Support - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1303 Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anyone else in the 2WW and want some support? I could sure use some people convincing me not to test! 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#2 of 1303 Old 04-25-2011, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am not much good and convincing myself not to test, but I'd love support. I am 12DPO or less. I say or less because I only have OPKs to go by. I spotted brown Thursday through Sunday, but tiny amounts. Today UTI and some red blood - no idea if from UTI or AF coming. Sigh. I test every morning. BFN BFN BFN.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#3 of 1303 Old 04-25-2011, 05:36 PM

ME ME ME!!!! As an ex-pee-stick-waster I have sworn I am not going to test until AF is due. BUT IT'S SO HARD!!!! I was doing pretty good until I told DH "I think I'm prego" last night. Now he keeps telling me I should test! Now there are 2 POAS crazy ppl at our house! My LP has always been long so I have an extra long wait. Saturday morning can't get here soon enough! It's just like junk food, keep the tests out of the house to get rid of temptation. I have 2 $ tests hiding under the bathroom sink practically calling my name. One got lodged behind a drawer today so I couldn't shut the drawer and I swear it was a sign I should use it! Yeah...I have completely lost it...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#4 of 1303 Old 04-25-2011, 05:48 PM

YES!  I am 11 DPO.  I feel like this forum (the TTC area) was always a lot busier when I was TTC #1, and now I feel like I type something and get no responses because maybe there are a lot more lurkers?  I want some people to obsess with! 

Want to share charts & take bets?  lol.gif

No, seriously. bag.gif

-
#5 of 1303 Old 04-25-2011, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I'll join you all. I'm zero dpo, since I just o'd today! So I will keep you all company for the next 2 weeks. I only have a 12 day LP, so I should know pretty well either way by next Saturday. I made the mistake of testing & being so let down last month, so I really really need support to do better. I don't have any phantom symptoms yet (obviously). Good Luck to you all testing soon!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#6 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 05:07 AM

I had a +OPK yesterday.  Such a POAS addict I've become that I tested every 6 hours to make sure I didn't miss the LH surge.  I got internet cheapies and just tested that many times for 2 days and as I suspected, my detectible surge was less than 24 hours.  DH was on board with sperm-meets-egg plan but I was afraid we'd never know when I o'd because of wacky cycles lately.  Temp today wasn't elevated so who know when I'll actually o.  I could use company during the 2WW.  Thanks!

#7 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 AM

I think my TWW is over, but I still don't know for *sure sure*. Silly, I know. Good luck to you guys!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#8 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 07:03 AM

My wait is over. AF arrived today a few days early. I'm really sad mecry.gifI guess I am glad I didn't test though.

Congrats on O'ing lactatinggirl and cbaa and hopefully you O'd too jaronsmom! Best of luck waiting guys! Hope it ends in BFP's for you!!!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#9 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 07:26 AM

I'll join. I'm in the 2WW after a miscarriage last month- blighted ovum. It was my first pregnancy, and was rough. I use OPKs and this month, it gave me THREE days of positives- Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday. So I have no idea what's going on. The month I conceived I got one positive on day 12. My three this month were days 16, 17, and 18. Who knows what's going on, but we're certainly doing everything we can to make it happen! So I'm 3 DPO. Maybe?

angel1.gif 03/11 angel1.gif 07/11 angel1.gif 01/12 

If at first you don't succeed: babyboy.gif 07/26/13

#10 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Yay for all the people who need/give 2WW support! I was convinced no one would even respond to this thread. Thanks for proving me wrong ladies! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

I'll join you all. I'm zero dpo, since I just o'd today! So I will keep you all company for the next 2 weeks. I only have a 12 day LP, so I should know pretty well either way by next Saturday. I made the mistake of testing & being so let down last month, so I really really need support to do better. I don't have any phantom symptoms yet (obviously). Good Luck to you all testing soon!

Looks like we're on the same wait! Yay! You'll be able to test a few days before me though. 

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#11 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 PM

I ovulated last wednesday, so I have a week left until testing time. I had a m/c in February (my first one and I have 2 kids already!), so I am not sure if my cycle is back to normal yet. I did get my period on the 6th, so we should be good, but I will see. I am pretty fertile, so I am not too worried, but I REALLY love testing! Before my m/c we decided not to test that cycle, because I would get my period if I wasn't preggo, but it was SO tough to just wait and wait and get no pos. sign. I told him it is not worth the savings of money to not test this time. Testing is really a fun part about getting pregnant, almost proving it to yourself. Also a high point in the first tri. that is exciting!

Symptoms? I swear my nipples are tender and I have been feeling gassy, and super hungry for pasta! Maybe we are preggo? I am SO ready this time!

Good luck ladies I will keep you posted!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
blogging.jpg to help inspire people to achieve their dreams, check me out!
#12 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Resque- View Post

I'll join. I'm in the 2WW after a miscarriage last month- blighted ovum. It was my first pregnancy, and was rough. I use OPKs and this month, it gave me THREE days of positives- Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday. So I have no idea what's going on. The month I conceived I got one positive on day 12. My three this month were days 16, 17, and 18. Who knows what's going on, but we're certainly doing everything we can to make it happen! So I'm 3 DPO. Maybe?

Well, I haven't had a m/c but I did just have SUPER postive OPKS (confirmed with digital) on 16 17 & 18, I hope it brings us both BFPs. I've never had such a long surge, usually I get one, maybe 2 that are 12 hours apart. I got my first at 3pm Sunday, and then with FMU Mon & today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactatinggirl View Post

Yay for all the people who need/give 2WW support! I was convinced no one would even respond to this thread. Thanks for proving me wrong ladies! 

Looks like we're on the same wait! Yay! You'll be able to test a few days before me though. 

Maybe we will test at the same time after all, I got another positive opk today, so I'm not sure when O day will be!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#13 of 1303 Old 04-26-2011, 10:17 PM

hey girls i just got my bfp yesterday and i didnt believe it so i tested with a different brand today and i am def preggo it was so hard not to test that i did and i was only 9 dpo when i tested with a bfp yesterday so honestly if you can afford to test and you really think your preggo than test i used the early result pregnancy test and the first response early result both bfp!!!!! good luck girls and dont give up its a long brutal wait but its worth it :)

#14 of 1303 Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 AM

I got a negative OPK yesterday, so it looks like it was a 3 day surge. Right after my miscarriage I had a 3 day surge as well, so I'm not sure what's going on. My cycles are usually only 24-26 days, so I doubt my luteal phase is long enough right now to have a sticky baby. Suck.

angel1.gif 03/11 angel1.gif 07/11 angel1.gif 01/12 

If at first you don't succeed: babyboy.gif 07/26/13

#15 of 1303 Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud2bemommy View Post

hey girls i just got my bfp yesterday and i didnt believe it so i tested with a different brand today and i am def preggo it was so hard not to test that i did and i was only 9 dpo when i tested with a bfp yesterday so honestly if you can afford to test and you really think your preggo than test i used the early result pregnancy test and the first response early result both bfp!!!!! good luck girls and dont give up its a long brutal wait but its worth it :)

9 DPO? Wow, I can't believe you got a result that early, that is awesome! I would love to test right now, but my hubby would not be happy with wasting the extra $$ so early in the month...makes me REALLY want to go out and buy one...maybe sneak it? We have always tested together though, and as much as I would love to know first and surprise him, I know he wouldn't appreciated it as much as being with me when I find out. Anyone else do this with their DH?

I can't even believe how much I want to be preggo right now. Just to know would be great. I already have 2 kids, so it surprises me just how much I want a third!

Trying for #3  I am breaking out as a motivational speaker, dream coach and inspired blogger!
#16 of 1303 Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by proud2bemommy View Post

Oh I hate you! :-P Makes me want to test even more! 

AFM- I've been having crazy symptoms ever since ovulation. Literally could not eat breakfast this morning because I was so nauseous. That kind of stuff. Happened last cycle too (and I'm not sure about the cycle before because my LP was like 3 days). I've heard it's common for women right off of hormonal BC, but it sucks! I wish that it could be real pregnancy symptoms! 

#17 of 1303 Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 AM

Hubby still won't let me test...let alone buy one. I think I am going to sneak off to walmart today and buy a 2 pack...just in case! He has no idea how this wait is killing me...how did I do this last time?!?

#18 of 1303 Old 04-29-2011, 10:35 AM

You should go to the $ store and get the cheap tests. I've had many friends get early +s with those and then you won't have to feel guilty about testing. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprague View Post

Hubby still won't let me test...let alone buy one. I think I am going to sneak off to walmart today and buy a 2 pack...just in case! He has no idea how this wait is killing me...how did I do this last time?!?

May I join in on the "Help me not POAS too soon" thread? I o'd around CD 27 and am currently ~4DPO. We didn't do the TTC "game" with our first so the wait and what-if is new to me. I had a chemical pregnancy last month so I'm not sure that conception will be possible this month, but it's exciting to be officially TTC'ing again.

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#19 of 1303 Old 04-29-2011, 03:27 PM

HI ladies- thought I would join in! 

I am currently 12dpo.  We were NOT TTC and randomly at 9dpo I spotted and continued till last night.  Now nothing and AF is not due for another 5 days (as of today).  So I am pretty sure I am pregnant as I got implantation bleeding with my DS and my cycle is like clockwork- never spot, always 30-32 day cycle and I knew I was ovulating when we dtd (withdrawl method!).    Total shocker for us but we are excited!  I have all the uterine cramping and sensations like feeling as if there is a water balloon filling up down there :) .  Major light headedness and random breast aches.  I do a lot of yoga and certain poses are making me nauseous.  I MC last year twice and always felt anxious around this time of my cycle.  But this time I feel really calm and solid and not feeling a need to test till probably one week from today. But I still can't help coming on here and reading about everyone else's waits and symptoms!  Very exciting!  Good luck everyone!

oh another major sign was at about 5dpo i had MAJOR cramping and just thought it was something I ate and then seeing the spotting on 9dpo helped me to put two and two together!   

#20 of 1303 Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 PM

I am in the 2WW now and anxious to know too!  I am new to TTC as #1 was a surprise.  Not using OPKs or charting, just started paying attention to CM.  I am SO ready for another child!!  DH & I have only BD once during my estimated fertile window.  I'm guessing I'm 2 dpo.  Going to buy dollar store cheapies when I got to town in 6 days, then my will power will really be needed! 

Best wishes to all of us ~ dust.gif

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13
#21 of 1303 Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by joy2grow View Post

I am in the 2WW now and anxious to know too!  I am new to TTC as #1 was a surprise.  

Same here! This whole actually trying thing is crazy different to me. 

AFM- I think I'm having implantation bleeding? I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't come up with any other reason that I would spot 6 DPO. It started right after DTD, so I guess I could have been injured? Seems weird for it to be such a small amount and still be going on 24 hours later though. Also LOTS of creamy CM. It's been creamy ever since O, but there's more now. Thoughts?

#22 of 1303 Old 05-01-2011, 01:24 PM

So I "sneaked" a test in and got BFN, but it was only 9 DPO, so I will try again in a week... I am still hopeful. With my first I didn't see a line until a week after my missed period, so NBD. I am super excited to "lurk" on the Jan2012 board, when it comes out...

Anyone else test early and get a BFN?

#23 of 1303 Old 05-01-2011, 02:37 PM

lactatinggirl- sounds promising! I'm a day behind you, also having lots of creamy CM- I wish my EWCM had been this noticeable this cycle! I had a teeny spotting at 3dpo, none since then which is great for me (I have been getting a lot of spotting the last few cycles, which unless it is implantation, is bad news!) I hope this brings you your BFP, especially if you don't normally get any spotting.

asprague- you still have plenty of time, are you feeling any symptoms? I haven't tested as I'm only at 5dpo, but I'm a known POASaholic, so I support your early testing, you just never know when that BFP could pop up 2whistle.gif

Nothing exciting here, I had pretty acute 'take your breath away' kind of pinching in my uterus last night which lasted about 20 seconds and then came back on and off all evening and a few times today along with the urge to pee more often. Which would make me ecstatic, except I had this at 7dpo until 9dpo last cycle, and no pos.gif, so I'm trying to ignore it. That and just lots of creamy CM, I am hoping that I won't get any spotting, seems to always start early though eyesroll.gif.

#24 of 1303 Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I'm having a VERY weak moment. Tell me not to test in the morning! It'll only lead to heartache!

#25 of 1303 Old 05-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Dont Do it! It can take up to 3 days to build enough hcg to notice on a hpt! It will just make you feel like if it isn't positive it didn't happen, but at 6dpo, you still have more than a week left! Crossing my fingers for you.

#26 of 1303 Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I'm just starting my 2ww. I'm 4dpo now.  I'm trying to be more laid back this cycle. I was SO hopeful last cycle and really, really thought we'd conceive so I was very disappointed when we didn't and had a rough time with that. I'm trying to view this as a process rather than a month to month thing so I'm thinking of it as if I don't conceive by August, I can start to get annoyed. I have my follow-up with my OB in August so I figure if nothing is going on by then, I'll demand more tests.  But until then I'm just trying to patient. But gosh, am I bad at that!  

#27 of 1303 Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 AM

It's so great to read this thread and to hear your stories!  And, I'm happy to join in.  I think I am 4 dpo (not sure how to interpret the fertility monitor info...).  And, I'm cautiously optimistic.  We likely missed dtd on the two best days but definitely dtd 2 and 3 days before ovulating and on the second positive O day on the monitor.  So, fingers crossed! 

I'm going to try and hold out until at least Sunday 5/8 to test.  With my first I wasn't counting days or anything so I have no idea how many days PO it took before we got a BFP.  I do know that I had a trail of negative tests and then kept buying and using them until I had 5 positives.  I'm a scientist, I needed proof :)  

My problem right now is that a) I want to be pregnant so badly and b) I have 4 pregnancy tests in the bathroom.  It's going to be really hard to wait until Sunday!  And even then it may very well be too early to test.  I now understand the idea of the 2WW!

So, I'm dying to hear some of your updates... Lactatinggirl, did you test?  Any news?   Callieollie, seems like we'll be testing around the same time!  Asprague, you have plenty of time.  Any new symptoms?

#28 of 1303 Old 05-02-2011, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't tested, but it's so hard! I had a temp dip today (7 DPO) and I'm really hoping it's an implantation dip! How long do I have to wait to test?!?

#29 of 1303 Old 05-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Hey ladies!  So nice to see a thread like this one.  I am just starting the 2ww today as I believe I ovulated yesterday (bad cramping yesterday and today, cd14 &15).  The hubby and I BD every single day last week up until yesterday, ha!  Our first baby was born in October of last year and she was a complete surprise.  We're definitely ready to give her a sibling!  I am a POAS addict and will definitely need support :)  Does anyone else get really bad cramps when they're ovulating? 

#30 of 1303 Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 PM

Yep. I almost always know when I'm ovulating due to cramping. My cramping is pretty mild though. Welcome to the 2WW! Hope you catch your first TTC egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoRazo View Post
Does anyone else get really bad cramps when they're ovulating? 

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page