13dpo temp drop... and no AF??? STILL nada, CD 67! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any thoughts?  13dpo, temp drop back to "normal" pre-O temps, but no sign of AF?  HPT BFN @ 13 dpo and 18 dpo.  

Thanks

Rainy

#2 of 25 Old 04-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Are you positive you ovulated? And sure of the day? Can you share your chart? I was going to say this can happen- it happened to me just recently with this pregnancy.  I kept expecting AF any day, but it never came and my temps fluctuated up and down from my "normal" LP temp to my "normal" pre-O temps.  Still no AF.  So finally I tested.  BFP.  I ended up redrawing the coverline when I got the BFP b/c the low temps were clearly still pregnant temps even though they were in the range that my pre-O temps usually are.  But, you've got a BFN on 18 DPO?  That would likely rule out pregnancy unless your O date is not correct or you have a history of not testing positive on HPT's right away.

Here's my odd chart if you want to take a look: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25f63a/

The coverline was originally up 97.65 or so, which meant CD 36's temp was well below the coverline.  I expected AF that day.  I also suspected my O day was off and it was actually on CD 27, but nope.  Just an odd chart.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 25 Old 04-30-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply!  I'm not sure if I O'd on that Saturday or Sunday, so I counted all dpo from Sunday; my temps are pretty consistent - between 97.66 and 97.77 pre-O and over 98.0 during LP, I'm also pretty consistent w/3 days of EWCM followed immediately with dry days @ O time too.  That said, I'm pretty sure I O'd - between the temp-shift, CM changes, and other symptoms (my GI tract is pretty hormone-sensitive...).   I'm retarded when it comes to charting online... I have an app on my phone, and I used to chart by hand... so no chart to share.  I've never been pg before, so idk if I'm just not testing + on hpts yet.  hmm... at this point, I'll take AF or a BFP, just so I can know either way (although, I'd MUCH rather have the BFP!)!  

Thanks again!

Rainy

#4 of 25 Old 05-01-2011, 05:30 AM

Hmmm... very curious!  I'd love to peek at your charts to see if I can spot anything,,, any thoughts of trying out fertility friend?  It has a mass data entry function so you can enter like 10 days worth of data on one page.  When you first sign up you usually get free VIP features which would tell you its best guess if you're pregnant or not, analyze your CF, tell you when to test, etc.  Might be worth it so you can share future charts on this forum to get more opinions (if you're not pregnant now!), especially since you're dealing with PCOS.

What HPT are you using?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 25 Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 AM

if you share your chart it'll be a lot easier to see. But a drop at 13dpo would generally mean you'll start your period today or tomorrow, I would say hug.gif:

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

#6 of 25 Old 05-01-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_McG View Post

if you share your chart it'll be a lot easier to see. But a drop at 13dpo would generally mean you'll start your period today or tomorrow, I would say hug.gif:

I dunno since it's been 6 days since her temp dropped and still no AF.  Has that happened to anyone else before?  I just keep thinking (without seeing the chart) that either she didn't O yet or she's pg with low urine hCG levels and strange temps.

#7 of 25 Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

I dunno since it's been 6 days since her temp dropped and still no AF.  Has that happened to anyone else before?  I just keep thinking (without seeing the chart) that either she didn't O yet or she's pg with low urine hCG levels and strange temps.

oh i didn't understand that. The ovulation date must be wrong then. Well, we need to see the chart!

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

#8 of 25 Old 05-01-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ok... here's a link to my *new* FF chart (holy cow, did I just join the world of online charting?!)  Once I got to the temp-drop, the crosshairs/coverline/O date disappeared. BAH!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3518bc     Ermm... that's not working... wait one...

Ok, so not sure how to link to my chart... that's the link that I sent myself when clicked on "email chart"

How 'bout a picture... 

Screen shot 2011-05-01 at 7.34.37 PM.png

A little more info:

My normal cycle is 26-29 days (for the last 4 cycles, not counting this one).  AF generally lasts 7-10 days, including spotting, and is generally heavy the first day or two, then much lighter and then tapering off.  I usually have 3 days of EWCM, followed by several dry days, that's generally when I get the temp shift (usually first dry day.. although this cycle, I slept through my alarm for temping), CP is usually HSO for the EWCM days, and then firms up and drops rather quickly.  My LP is usually 12-14 days, generally 12.  So, basically my cycle was normal for me until cd 29 - temp drop w/o AF and w/o BFP.  

Thanks!

Rainy

#9 of 25 Old 05-01-2011, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hmmmm... I'm baffled!  lol!  Did you take your temps at the exact same time every day? Any reason to believe any of them could be off? Are you getting any more CM?  I'm wondering if you geared up to ovulate but never fully did, but your temps do go up a lot, although there is a lot of fluctuation.  Is that normal for you - that much fluctuation after the thermal shift?  Your periods last a long time too - any idea why?  Just wondering if there are other things that may be "off" that might explain a weird looking chart! lol!  

#10 of 25 Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Callieollie - Yes, I do take my temp at the same time every day - 6:23am, vaginally (you don't want to see the fluctuation if I take it orally!).  A lot of the fluctuation is if a limb is uncovered... most of the days w/o temps are because I knew it was off (e.g. waking up w/no covers - initially, temp might be as low as 97.0, but after 15 mins., it's back up within a tenth of the day before, but because it's not at the same time, I usually delete it).  No more EWCM... some non-dry days, but not anything remotely like gearing up to O.  As for length of periods - I'd estimate that 90-95% of blood loss is lost in the first 3-4 days.  I've always had really long periods... this is relatively short for me :)  That said, they've been 7-10 days long for the past 2-3 years... Just like you, I'm baffled - my cycle was normal-for-me until CD 29.  Hmmmmm.........  :/

Thanks!

Rainy

#11 of 25 Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 AM

Yay a chart!  :)  To share the link in the future, just scroll down to the bottom of your chart and click the share button, then copy and paste the url.

Well, I'm as confused as the pp's and yourself!  My first reaction was that you hadn't ovulated and were having just a highly erratic cycle.  But, without more patches of EW or C it doesn't look like you're gearing up to O again anytime soon.  Plus a coverline can be drawn that would put quite a few days above it nicely indicating a biphasic pattern until they drop on CD29.  It is super odd.  But if you did O on CD12 you should be testing positive by now, but you should also be bleeding by now if you're not pg.

I'm not sure how much longer you feel like waiting for one or the other to happen.  You could consider making an appointment or calling your GP and asking for a script for a blood test.  You could get the results today even.  There are very few women who fail blood tests (though there are some).  Once you rule out pregnancy you know you're waiting for your body to regulate.  I see in your signature that you're dealing with PCOS... what symptoms do you have?  My friends with PCOS have wildly erratic cycles with reoccurring patches of C and EW and no obvious O.  It sounds like your cycles have been pretty regular or at least it appears that way from what you describe.  Do you have past temping data you can enter into FF so that your charts can be compared?

#12 of 25 Old 05-02-2011, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

March's chart was not very typical (erratic temps, but consistent CP/CM/AF), but this is February's chart (quite typical).  AF was CD1-10, EWCM 14-16.  CD 26, I had a fever (thanks to an allergic reaction... but CD27 I didn't have a fever).  Before February, my charts are all paper... and tonight just isn't the night to add them to FF.  :)  

Screen shot 2011-05-02 at 8.28.20 PM.png

As for PCOS, I've been on metformin for about a year, and my cycles are now quite predictable for me; pre metformin, I had 1-6 cycles per year, AF visited for up to 98 days at a time, and I had HEAVY bleeding for the ENTIRE AF.  I've been having acupuncture for about 2 years, and about 2 weeks after starting that, AF started and my cycles started becoming predictable.  O'd once that year, apparently, I've O'd 6-8 times the year on met (I'd have to go count paper charts, and it's just a lazy night... sorry).  My insulin resistance was "borderline" and I had to talk my way onto met (because I had many other symptoms of PCOS).  My other symptoms were facial and chest hair, inability to loose weight, thinning hair on my head, and skin tags on my neck, oh, and the inability to get pregnant because I wasn't ovulating and didn't have a predictable cycle.  :/   [ETA: the only PCOS symptoms I have now, on met are difficulty, albeit less difficulty, loosing weight and the existing skin-tags,]

So... I'm debating on what to do at this point, I'm not fond of US (the gel, specifically.  Can you say rash?), and am hoping to only have one (if even that) during pregnancy.  I'm also not fond of paying $50 bucks to have my blood drawn... but I will if it comes down to it.  I'm thinking that today would be CD 10 or 11, and I should wait until CD 15-18 to see if I get a good CM pattern... um, in case I just didn't have AF and am going to O again (because that is SO logical....), before I call the doc... but I could be convinced otherwise.  I'm having acupuncture again on Friday, and I'll see what my acupuncturist thinks too.  

I love all the opinions... it makes me think I'm not just baby-crazy!!!

Thanks!

Rainy

ETA: BTW, I just happened to realize I didn't answer Jaimee's question: I've been using $tree HPTs.  :)
#13 of 25 Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM

So you do have the pattern of dipping below the coverline during your LP.  Hmmm....  Well if you can stand the wait, sounds like that's the best option for now to see what happens with your CF, CP, temps, and HPT's in the next couple weeks.  Why would a blood test be $50?  Do you have insurance?  If your doc orders it, it would be covered.

#14 of 25 Old 05-03-2011, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Good point about the temp dips... I looked in the notes for those days, and they both say "cold" with my follow-up temp (from about 15 mins later), both of which are well above coverline.  Have I mentioned I'm lazy with charting - with a pencil and paper it's easy to make sense and be lazy at the same time (I have my own symbols - an asterisk for cold temps, an open circle for follow up temps, and a filled in circle for "normal" temps... don't get me started with my short-hand for CP and CM LOL!!!)... but entering all this on my computer or phone... sheesh... that's just TOO much for me!  LOL winky.gif  (And, heaven forbid I actually give all the necessary info when asking for your opinion!!!)

As for the blood test being $50, I do have insurance, but haven't met my deductible yet... so they pay some pre-identified amount and I pay the rest - for my TSH it was 48.62, for my lipid profile for my annual exam, 51.83, and for a progesterone last year, 49.01 (N.B.  my MIL could tell you exactly how much these all cost - I just know that when I have a tube of blood drawn, I generally pay about $50 bucks... winky.gif).

Apparently, I like to poas more than I thought, I'm out of hpts, and our $store closes early... I'll see what Thursday's urine brings... ::::::::grabs car keys and runs to $store to see if they're still open to get hpts for tomorrow anyway:::::::

Thanks again!

Rainy 

#15 of 25 Old 05-04-2011, 05:34 AM

That sucks about the deductible!  Planned Parenthood would likely be much cheaper!  :)  It's also interesting that your body is so sensitive to external temp changes.  My temps may be a bit erratic, but I have clear pre-O and LP temps that are mostly unaffected by other factors.  Everyone is so different!

#16 of 25 Old 05-05-2011, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

... And a very frustrated someone didn't make it to $store today either...  I never imagined that seeking out something to pee on would be a mission of mine in life... :-P

Rainy

#17 of 25 Old 05-06-2011, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Another BFN, and my acupuncturist said my pulses feel like AF should be coming soon... we'll see... :/

--Rainy

#18 of 25 Old 05-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Temps still low?  Or did you get another spike somewhere?  Anymore EW CF?  I'm just not seeing how you could have ovulated way back in April and not gotten AF or a BFP two weeks ago.  Even if you do bleed soon, I wouldn't be convinced that it was a true period.    You must be going crazy waiting.  I'm so sorry!

#19 of 25 Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

I've been sleeping in this weekend (not necessarily what I was planning on...), so my next temp I'll take will be in the morning.  No EWCM, AF, or BFP yet.  Hmph.  I usually respond pretty quickly to acupuncture that's aimed at bringing AF 'round, so having no AF Sunday night when acupuncture was Friday is unusual.... Again, Hmph!  If I don't see AF by Tuesday or Wednesday, I might have to POAS again.  :::::::sigh:::::::::

Rainy

#20 of 25 Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Friday again, time for acupuncture (again!), and still no AF or BFP... I'm going to assume that I really didn't ovulate, and just assume that this is a wicked anovulatory cycle :(  The only odd thing, if I'm thinking that way, is the crazy amount of... um... I don't know what to call it... it's not CM - 'cause when I check, it's only tacky, but I constantly have the feeling that AF has started, only to find out that the fluid feeling is clear.  

Rainy

#21 of 25 Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Yeah, it sounds to me like you didn't ovulate way back when... it just doesn't make sense with no AF, no BFP, low temps, and no other symptoms.   Anovulatory cycles can go on a long time with lots of wild ups and downs in temp.  I'm sure another patch of EW is headed your way soon.  Perhaps your acupuncturist can change up the needles today to focus on O instead of AF (if there is a difference).   Sorry this has been so frustrating!

#22 of 25 Old 06-03-2011, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Humph!

CD 67, no good CM patches, no pre-o CP changes, no AF, and another BFN.  UGH!  Just saw the acupuncturist today, and she said that my pulses didn't feel like they should if I were this late for AF, and that I should test.  I got all excited, got some more $store tests, and one lousy pink line.  BAH!  I've taken emmenagogues until I want to puke (parsley tea, ginger, EPO, etc.) for the last week - to which, I'm usually really sensitive - no AF!  

This cycle isn't anything like my "standard" PCOS cycles (aka pre-metformin and pre-acupuncture) - I'd have varying CM patterns all the time, and my "pre-O" temps were about a degree lower (I never really did O until my temps went up over 97.5).  

I'm really frustrated, and I really don't want to go to the doc - what am I going to say, "Hi, I have no hard evidence that I'm pregnant, but I'm just not getting my period.  Oh, and by the way, I have no desire to take progesterone to induce a period."  They'll call me crazy and I'll never be taken seriously! UGH!

Maybe I just need to vent... :::::sigh:::::::

Thanks...

Rainy

#23 of 25 Old 06-04-2011, 01:42 PM

Sorry it's going on so long!!  hug2.gif  Got a link to your updated chart?  I understand your reluctance to go in for a blood test, but you could just go to Planned Parenthood or another pregnancy clinic.  Then at least you would know for certain.  Otherwise, more waiting for O...

#24 of 25 Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

PRAISE GOD!!! Cd 71 was the end of that crazy cycle!!! Hello CD1, AF, long time, no see. Next time you're gone that long (or next time you come back...), please make sure there's a little one in our family first :-P

--Rainy
#25 of 25 Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 AM

Any sign that you O'd?  Or just some hormonal bleeding to end the cycle?  Thank goodness that's over and you can start a new cycle!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page