Mothering Forum banner

Bitter Sushi Ladies, May 2011

12K views 257 replies 25 participants last post by  monkeyscience 
#1 ·
heartbeat.gif
Welcome to the May Thread
heartbeat.gif

This is a thread for those who have been TTC for a long time, whether 6 months, 12 months, or more. At this point many of us are at or past 1 or 2 years, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well, all things considered we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw like sushi. Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi & sake to console ourselves. This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many...but we just can't seem to get it right. So this is where we can be together, share and express anything.

Current Bitter Sushi Ladies

abstract

33, and DH (36), TTC (his #2, my #1) off-and-on since November 2006

AGreenMum10

Trying since Nov 2009 , 1 ectopic - down a tube (may 2010), 2 Losses (Aug 2010 & Jan 2011)

amo4piano

TTC #1 since Jan 2010, one m/c at 10.5 weeks

Attached2Elijah

Hoping for #3 for 4 years and 3 months with 6 months hard TTC (charting, etc) after previous unexplained secondary infertility.BFPChart2.gif

blueyezz4

TTC #1 (technically #4-long story) since 2006; Moving on to our first FET after 5 failed IUI's and 1 IVF

collieflower

TTC #2 for 2 years, with 4 m/c (and another before DC#1)

enigo

Has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

InWaiting

TTC #1 since 04/2009 with one ectopic (11/09), one missed miscarriage (11/10),

Hypothyroidism and compound heterozygous MTHFR mutation. Current regimen is 5 mg of Femara on CD 3-7.

indianagrl

36, TTC for a little over two years onto IUI and clomid

jenger

Mama to DD (4/07) TTC #2 since August 2009. BFPChart2.gif

jennabella

TTC #2 since July 2009, with a loss in February 2010 and a loss in July 2010

kinza

TTC #1 since November 2008, with PCOS and Male Factor BFPChart2.gif

kparker

TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, IUI #3 with donor sperm April 2011

Kyamo

TTC#1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

laggie

TTC #1 since Fall 2009 with male factor issues

lilmom

35, ttc #2 for a year and a half with pcos and rarely ovulating

littlest birds

TTC for 16+ months after VR BFPChart2.gif

luminesce

TTC #2 since 4/2010 after 3 years of unexplained infertility with #1

Milk8shake

Jayde (27) - TTC #1 since 4/09. Battling endo, uterine abnormality and recurrent pregnancy loss. Hoping for a take-home baby in 2012.

monkeyscience

27, TTC #1 with PCOS since 6/10. One failed Femara cycle... going natural until there's more cash

Objet_Trouve

TTC #1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

rcr

TTC #2 since 12/2007, one loss in September 2010, one failed IVF in February 2011 BFPChart2.gif

SimplyRochelle

TTC #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

Smilesarefree

36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

ZanneMom

TTC#2 for more than 12 months

hug2.gif
In our thoughts, on hold, and/or waiting
hug2.gif

silverbird

ttc #1 since June 2010, after a two year delay for illness. Husband passed away 5/25/11
candle.gif

mi_dawn

lost baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

dust.gif
BSL BFPs!!! Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick...

MommyMatsumoto - due 1/2012
stork-suprise.gif

sweetest77 - due 1/27/2012
stork-suprise.gif

Emaya - due 1/2012
stork-suprise.gif

Sweet.Bee - due 1/15/2012
stork-suprise.gif

lavatea - due 12/2011
stork-suprise.gif

miriam bat avraham - due 11/28/2011
stork-suprise.gif
stork-suprise.gif

Rachel88 - due 11/20/2011
stork-suprise.gif

MahnaMahna - due 11/2011
stork-suprise.gif

Jane - due 10/3/2011
stork-boy.gif

grahnola mum - due 10/3/2011
stork-suprise.gif

borobaby - due 9/12/2011
stork-girl.gif

justthinkn - due 9/2/2011
stork-suprise.gif

Tear78 - due 8/4/2011
stork-girl.gif

Maurine - due 8/2/2011
stork-boy.gif

CLH_X3 - due 7/13/11
stork-suprise.gif

slylives - due 6/2011
stork-suprise.gif

2whistle.gif
Waiting on an update...
2whistle.gif

babygrey - due 4/2011 with twins!
stork-girl.gif
stork-boy.gif

grapesbunch - due 1/13/11
stork-girl.gif

rachwms - Due 11/10
stork-suprise.gif

joy.gif
BSL BABIES
joy.gif

kalamos23 - baby boy 4/28/11

xtara2003x - Emerson Rae 4/27/11

jenniferadurham - Ryan born 3/28/11!

Nanette56 - Tristan and Cael born 3/18/11!

finnegansmom - Henry born 2/11!

jessica_s - Asher Kingston 1/20/11

QBear'sMama - Jack Everett 12/17/10!

BarefootGirl - DS 11/20/10!

kellyttc#1 - Hilary & Charlotte 11/11/10!

YummyYumYumMama - Kieran 10/27/10!

lyndzies - Cadence James 10/15/10!

Carlyle - Maggie 10/9/10!

aidanraynesmom - Sloan Phoenix 9/10!

MaerynPearl - Maeryn Jean 9/27/10!

colorbywords - Emery Oaklynn 8/03/10!

LZP - Anna Veronica 7/18/10!

Pinoikoi - Ursula Marisol 6/23/10!

Lisko15 - Caleb Benjamin 6/24/10!

LINK to our graduates thread - Spring 2011 Edition!

Please let the threadkeeper (monkeyscience) know if your info needs to be updated.

New ladies are always welcome, but please join with care.

Please put all notes for changes or additions to this post in bold! Thank you!!

See less See more
#252 ·
I am jealous too but it's not personal. The majority of the BSLs who were here a year ago are either PG, have already had a baby, or have left. Not all, but most. But I know they weren't trying to leave me behind. I had many sweet invitations to go ahead and get a BFP and it's not their fault I didn't take them up on it.

I am 9dpo and planning to wait for AF and then buy a nice adult hula hoop and try hooping/hoop dance. That's my feel-better this month, once I know it is guaranteed to be that much longer before a belly could possibly be getting in my way.

#253 ·
I just wanted to pop in to say "hi" and that I am reading - not every single post, but at least weekly.
I don't know if it's hormones or hope or some combo of both, but I feel so disconnected. I don't think I fit here anymore. It feels strange to me to come and not feel like I'm with my sisters, when this used to be my home. So I don't post. But I love you all.

#254 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

I just wanted to pop in to say "hi" and that I am reading - not every single post, but at least weekly.
I don't know if it's hormones or hope or some combo of both, but I feel so disconnected. I don't think I fit here anymore. It feels strange to me to come and not feel like I'm with my sisters, when this used to be my home. So I don't post. But I love you all.
Jane, you are so sweet! And we still love you. I can't believe you are already 22 wks!!??! That's so fantastic! Hope you and the bean are feeling great.

#255 ·
Congrats, Monkey! it must be a relief that he got the job. So happy for you.

I finally noticed that it seems I can get a positive OPK. I had never seen one before as the lines have always been faint, but the last one, out of many now, was almost positive. I think I have just missed the surge before, testing twice a day or so, as someone here had suggested. So now I am down to my lack of mucus being my only issue that I can think of. I have not had the TWW cramping for months, etc. I know these things can be very fragile and all that, but I am once again thinking that they will never find what the problem is, unless it is with dh. But maybe I am just being negative. It feels strange that this is our last attempt without doctor's involved. Our first fertility appointment will take place right after my next af. It is so strange to have waited this long to go get things checked out. It is just that it always seemed obvious that my thyroid was the problem. It is interesting, actually, as lots of people get pregnant even with bad thyroid labs, and most, it seems, go on to get pregnant after medication. Here I am, having that issue, and then being one of the few that don't get pregnant even with the right amount of medicine. My thyroid doctor was quite puzzled that it had not happened, yet, last time I saw her. I think she was just so used to seeing pregnancies after medication. Oh well...

Hoping for some more positives here, soon.

#256 ·
Hi Jane and MBA! Congrats Monkey!

I don't get jealous when BSLs get pregnant. I do miss them when they move on, like MBA, because she posted so much and now she is gone... but I am happy she got pregnant (and with twins!). It sucks being here through a lot of turn-over in the thread, because I feel a little left behind, as I am sure others who have been around for a long time feel. Watching people come and go while I am still here just sucks. It makes me happy, really happy, though, when somebody gets a BFP, because it kinda gives me hope that maybe I will be lucky to move on too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.