Bitter Sushi Ladies, May 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

heartbeat.gif Welcome to the May Thread heartbeat.gif

This is a thread for those who have been TTC for a long time, whether 6 months, 12 months, or more. At this point many of us are at or past 1 or 2 years, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well, all things considered we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw like sushi. Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi & sake to console ourselves. This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many...but we just can't seem to get it right. So this is where we can be together, share and express anything.

Current Bitter Sushi Ladies

abstract

33, and DH (36), TTC (his #2, my #1) off-and-on since November 2006

AGreenMum10

Trying since Nov 2009 , 1 ectopic - down a tube (may 2010), 2 Losses (Aug 2010 & Jan 2011)

amo4piano

TTC #1 since Jan 2010, one m/c at 10.5 weeks

Attached2Elijah

Hoping for #3 for 4 years and 3 months with 6 months hard TTC (charting, etc) after previous unexplained secondary infertility.BFPChart2.gif

blueyezz4

TTC #1 (technically #4-long story) since 2006; Moving on to our first FET after 5 failed IUI's and 1 IVF

collieflower

TTC #2 for 2 years, with 4 m/c (and another before DC#1)

enigo

Has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

InWaiting

TTC #1 since 04/2009 with one ectopic (11/09), one missed miscarriage (11/10),

Hypothyroidism and compound heterozygous MTHFR mutation. Current regimen is 5 mg of Femara on CD 3-7.

indianagrl

36, TTC for a little over two years onto IUI and clomid

jenger

Mama to DD (4/07) TTC #2 since August 2009. BFPChart2.gif

jennabella

TTC #2 since July 2009, with a loss in February 2010 and a loss in July 2010

kinza

TTC #1 since November 2008, with PCOS and Male Factor BFPChart2.gif

kparker

TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, IUI #3 with donor sperm April 2011

Kyamo

TTC#1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

laggie

TTC #1 since Fall 2009 with male factor issues

lilmom

35, ttc #2 for a year and a half with pcos and rarely ovulating

littlest birds

TTC for 16+ months after VR BFPChart2.gif

luminesce

TTC #2 since 4/2010 after 3 years of unexplained infertility with #1

Milk8shake

Jayde (27) - TTC #1 since 4/09. Battling endo, uterine abnormality and recurrent pregnancy loss. Hoping for a take-home baby in 2012.

monkeyscience

27, TTC #1 with PCOS since 6/10. One failed Femara cycle... going natural until there's more cash

Objet_Trouve

TTC #1 since Jan 2010 with PCOS BFPChart2.gif

rcr

TTC #2 since 12/2007, one loss in September 2010, one failed IVF in February 2011 BFPChart2.gif

SimplyRochelle

TTC #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

Smilesarefree

36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

ZanneMom

TTC#2 for more than 12 months

hug2.gif In our thoughts, on hold, and/or waiting hug2.gif

silverbird

ttc #1 since June 2010, after a two year delay for illness.  Husband passed away 5/25/11 candle.gif

mi_dawn

lost baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

dust.gif BSL BFPs!!! Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick... 

MommyMatsumoto - due 1/2012 stork-suprise.gif

sweetest77 - due 1/27/2012 stork-suprise.gif

Emaya - due 1/2012 stork-suprise.gif

Sweet.Bee - due 1/15/2012 stork-suprise.gif

lavatea - due 12/2011 stork-suprise.gif

miriam bat avraham - due 11/28/2011 stork-suprise.gif stork-suprise.gif

Rachel88 - due 11/20/2011 stork-suprise.gif

MahnaMahna - due 11/2011 stork-suprise.gif

Jane - due 10/3/2011 stork-boy.gif

grahnola mum - due 10/3/2011 stork-suprise.gif

borobaby - due 9/12/2011 stork-girl.gif

justthinkn - due 9/2/2011 stork-suprise.gif

Tear78 - due 8/4/2011 stork-girl.gif

Maurine - due 8/2/2011 stork-boy.gif

CLH_X3 - due 7/13/11 stork-suprise.gif

slylives - due 6/2011 stork-suprise.gif

2whistle.gif Waiting on an update... 2whistle.gif

babygrey - due 4/2011 with twins! stork-girl.gifstork-boy.gif

grapesbunch - due 1/13/11 stork-girl.gif

rachwms - Due 11/10 stork-suprise.gif

joy.gif BSL BABIES joy.gif

kalamos23 - baby boy 4/28/11

xtara2003x - Emerson Rae 4/27/11

jenniferadurham - Ryan born 3/28/11!

Nanette56 - Tristan and Cael born 3/18/11!

finnegansmom - Henry born 2/11!

jessica_s - Asher Kingston 1/20/11 

QBear'sMama - Jack Everett 12/17/10!

BarefootGirl - DS 11/20/10!

kellyttc#1 - Hilary & Charlotte 11/11/10!

YummyYumYumMama - Kieran 10/27/10!

lyndzies - Cadence James 10/15/10!

Carlyle - Maggie 10/9/10!

aidanraynesmom - Sloan Phoenix 9/10!

MaerynPearl - Maeryn Jean 9/27/10!

colorbywords - Emery Oaklynn 8/03/10!

LZP - Anna Veronica 7/18/10!

Pinoikoi - Ursula Marisol 6/23/10!

Lisko15 - Caleb Benjamin 6/24/10!

LINK to our graduates thread - Spring 2011 Edition!

Please let the threadkeeper (monkeyscience) know if your info needs to be updated.

New ladies are always welcome, but please join with care.

Please put all notes for changes or additions to this post in bold! Thank you!!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#2 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Please let me know if you want any of your info updated. :)

Also, should I clean out anyone who hasn't posted here in awhile? If so, what should the definition of "awhile" be? I'm thinking six months, but please let me know what you think!

Clean-out of those who have not posted from November on is complete. If I deleted you mistakenly, or you want back on the list, please post or PM me and let me know! I'm happy to add you back!!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#3 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Also we had two BSLs, Kalamos23 and xtara2003x, give birth in the last few days... clearly we need some BFPs to keep our roster balanced!

#4 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread, monkeyscience.  I hope you get some threadkeepers luck.  I was planning on making a new thread, but it totally slipped my mind that today was the first of May.  

6 months is fine with me.   

Quote:
Also we had two BSLs, Kalamos23 and xtara2003x, give birth in the last few days... clearly we need some BFPs to keep our roster balanced!

Agree with you!

Also, babygrey had her twins in late March, I just hadn't moved her yet because as far as I could see, she hasn't posted the exact date anywhere.   '

AFM - As per US today, no cysts, so I'm good to go for the 2nd try on letrozole.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#5 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Kyamo - Okay, two votes for 6 months, then. Poking around, I could see babygrey had her twins sometime, but I couldn't find an update, either. Maybe I should PM her? The other two "lost sheep" look like the haven't posted at all on Mothering in quite awhile, so I'm not sure if PMing them would help.

Good luck with your second cycle... hopefully this is the magic one!

AFM, I think I'm going to go nuts in this TWW. It just seems like foreeeeeever until I'll know if anything happened. I wanted to know by Mothers' Day, but I think, at best, all I've got is a shot at a very ambiguous HPT by that point. I POAS yesterday morning, and got a strong positive, so I know the hCG is still in my system. I'm going to check again tomorrow. At least now I know what a +HPT looks like for real, not just from pictures. orngtongue.gif

#6 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 07:18 PM

#7 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
subbing. Had my iui this morning. BD tonight and tomorrow night. Anybody else have painful sex after iui/ injectibles? Ouch. It was barely tolerable.

Yes, I vote for six months. I was going to clean up the front page last time I was threadkeeper but I forgot.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#8 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy View Post

Oh Milk8shake.... I am so sorry to even think of that.... I so hope that you will be able to have a baby soon. Of course I hope for that for all of us... but still I just really hope for you.

:) Good luck!

I am once again starting to think that the only way we would be able to adopt would be by finding a birth mom with the help of friends or relatives. What are the chances of that? Small! And, yet, I am a big believer in miracles. How much easier waiting would be, though, if we had hope... I just don't know whether to hope against the odds or to try to let go of all hope. (Sad smile.)

Thanks :) I know what you mean about the adoption stuff - needle in a haystack, right?  It's kind of like the chance of me finding a surrogate here.  (Only altruistic surrogacy is legal here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by objet_trouve View Post

AFM: I don't know what's going on with me. I've not been posting here because I've been sleeping, dizzy and nauseous. I had metal mouth, drooling, food cravings, abdominal cramps, gas, weird dreams, sore lower back, severe moodiness, bizarre food cravings, increased appetite and thirst, increased sense of smell... and all of those symptoms are pretty much gone now, except dizziness, fatigue, moodiness and gas. FF says I should test on the fifth, I tested early (yesterday and the day before) and they came up negative, tested twice yesterday because I thought I got evap lines on the first one. I'm still a little hopeful, but it seems up for debate as to whether I should be. greensad.gif

That's a great list of symptoms! Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Seriously? Kalamos...?  Seems like that went waaaayyyy quick.  Great news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Yes, I vote for six months. I was going to clean up the front page last time I was threadkeeper but I forgot.

I reckon six months is more than generous. 

AFM: I have these days where I feel so together, and then the days when I'm totally not. 

I know this is a really touchy topic - and I don't wanna start a big ruckus - but am I the only one that struggles with the termination issue? 

I was watching 16 and pregnant last night, and they had this episode about it, and it made me soooooo mad.  I know I probably shouldn't have watched it, but still.  I really struggle with the people in my life who have gone down that path.  Particularly those who have gone on to have living children.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  So, today I am staying home while DP heads to a family "friend's" place to do some wiring.  I've done everything in my power to avoid this girl for more than 12 months now.  Am I ever going to get past this?

ETA: Could you update my bio please MonkeyScience? I need to scrap the part about hoping for a 2011 baby.  Clearly it's not going to happen

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#9 of 258 Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the new thread Monkey! I hope you get great threadkeeper's luck!

Objet fingers crossed for you! Good luck filming the play for your sister as well. Did you say that was today? I hope it wasn't too emotionally triggering for you.

Milk8shake - You are not the only one who has a realllllly hard time with the termination issue. It makes me physically ill. I just can't handle it. I actually had a roommate once who did it, and I literally had to move out, and that was long before I was even married or trying for a baby. But now, I think I feel even stronger about it, if that's possible. There are so many people out there who want babies..***Deep Sigh***  Anyway, you're not alone. I probably would have stayed home too, rather than go to that friend's house. I don't know if I could ever get past it with that person. I know I never got past it with my old roommate. She made tacky jokes about it, and I just don't feel like that is ever a joking matter. Ever. Ugh.

#10 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 03:26 AM

monkey, how many DPO are you? I'm at 8DPO, and feeling pretty anxious.

Some of what's keeping my mind off the wait is the huge annoyance we're having with our new apartment. It was presented to us as a "garden apartment" where we would have an area outside just for us with a fence so our son can play there and we can have a little privacy, too. This is a new build, and they just put in the grass this weekend. Well, now the landlord is refusing to give us the area because then other people cannot use it, which is just ridiculous. The reason we picked the place was for the garden that we are now not getting. They are liars and it just makes me want to cry. So now we are paying a fortune (no one who is not a millionaire can afford a house here, and renting just an apartment is even expensive greensad.gif) for a garden apartment without garden where people will soon be running through. I want to scream!

Anyway. . . Good luck everyone in May! Let's all get pregnant.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#11 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom View Post

She made tacky jokes about it, and I just don't feel like that is ever a joking matter. Ever. Ugh.

Seriously?  Whatever someone's feelings on the topic, I can't believe anyone would ever feel that was an appropriate thing to joke about.  Then again, there are people making horrible jokes about rape and suicide, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I HATE how "I raped him" is a common and accepted phrase meaning "I defeated him by a large margin" in gaming.  I hear it all the time and it makes me really angry.    

SweetBee - I'm sorry about the garden.  Is the problem that you get to use the garden but you have to share it with your neighbours?  Or do you not get to use it at all?  I don't suppose you got the garden promise in writing?

rcr and monkey, fingers crossed for your TWW!

#12 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post   

SweetBee - I'm sorry about the garden.  Is the problem that you get to use the garden but you have to share it with your neighbours?  Or do you not get to use it at all?  I don't suppose you got the garden promise in writing?

We will have to share it with everyone. I understand that often is the case in apartment buildings, but here the apartment was presented to us as the garden apartment and we were promised a fence. And the price we're paying is not justified if we don't have a private garden. It is only a small part of the entire area that we were supposed to get, so there still would have been a lot of common outdoor space for other people. So, either they lied to us, or they changed their mind without telling us. Both not ok. The new thing is they will give us a 2 meter strip of garden, but that's worthless; it would only block us off from most of the garden so we couldn't even use that.

I'm so upset, but my husband doesn't think we can do anything because that's how people are here. Last time he contacted the organization that's supposedly for tenants' rights, they essentially told him "the landlord is always right". I just want to leave. After a few years here, I've come to think we're not compatible with Switzerland, esp. the attitude toward foreigners, which we are here. But a transfer would have to open up at my husband's company before we could move. It could be awhile. greensad.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#13 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry Sweetbee I know how it feels to live in a place that you don't feel compatible with.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#14 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM

lilmom- Yeah, their new church isn't as extreme as the one we used to be with, but it all still bothered me. I'm glad they're not in something super extreme now. The play brought up annoying memories, but my husband held my hand and I got through it without screaming or anything. I was actually fairly polite all things considered. It bothered me a lot when one of my mom's friends told us "don't be a stranger...I mean it, don't be a stranger", I actually almost lost it at her, as I have no intention of being anything but a stranger to that church, and was only there because I love my siblings and wanted to hear them sing and do sign language and whatnot. I'm sure she meant no harm, but I don't like being pushed to attend a church regularly like that, any church, especially when I'm perfectly happy in my own. I guess I just really wasn't in any kind of mood to deal with people, I was horribly sunburned, nauseous, irritable and fatigued, and on high alert because I felt like I was in hostile territory.

I think what really did me in though was fear of what the kids are going to think of me now. They were a little too excited about my husband and I coming to their church, and it made me fear that they're going to get it into their heads that we're going to convert. One of them came up to us and started questioning us "Don't you think that was so sad??", "Don't you think that was so moving?" So now I'm worried that she's associating the atheist in the play (drug addicted, neglects her kid, "smokes, drinks, and curses" around her kid, only needs a pastor to hand her child a burrito and talk to her for five minutes to convince her to convert) with my husband and myself, the only non-christians she knows. And I can't really talk to them about it, because they aren't supposed to trust me anyway because I'm not of their religion, and my parents don't seem to want me talking about it with them. And they've sure done a bang up job talking to them about it themselves (I actually had one sibling accuse me a while back of being pro-bestiality...in response to me saying President Obama is not that bad a guy). It doesn't feel very good to know someone has such a very low opinion of you and you can't do anything about it. I got through the rest of the day, had lunch with them, ignored my father talking very loudly right next to me about some neighbor of his having a bumper sticker for a local liberal politician (that I voted for and actually kind of like) as if it was so disgusting and mind-numbingly stupid, then I went home, smoked a whole pack of cigarettes and cried for a while.

I can't begin to say how glad I am that it's over. Now I can put my nicotine patch back on and lock myself in my closet with my altar for some badly needed meditation. I'm tough, I've learned how to bounce back, and I should be fine after a couple days of resting from it.

ANYWAY...I took a test this morning, and I swear I see a line, and my husband sees it too, but only when you look at it in just the right angle. I took a picture, but again, I only see it in a certain angle. I'm not trusting it yet. It could be a fluke or my imagination. but it's definitely got me feeling anxious. Now would be a pretty cool time for a positive.

TTC #1 My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/329153

#15 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 PM

Hi, everyone.

Fingers crossed for you, O_T!

A and M, June 2012
#16 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks Kinza!

I'm confused. I took a second test, and there was a real clear line after about five or six minutes (the website on the wrapper said read after five minutes). http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z203/lofnmusic/DSC00870.jpg

But then after I took that picture, about 30 seconds to a minute later, the line was completely gone (except I still think I see something real faint, but I'm really really unsure).
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z203/lofnmusic/DSC00872.jpg

I'm pissed and have no clue what to think about this. I can't say I'd ever really heard of a line disappearing after a minute. I was all excited, now I'm completely bewildered. Don't think I'll be using these strips again.

#17 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Milk8shake - You are not the only one who has a realllllly hard time with the termination issue. ... I know I never got past it with my old roommate. She made tacky jokes about it, and I just don't feel like that is ever a joking matter. Ever. Ugh.

Yeah, you're definitely not alone with that. While there are situations where I can understand it, it still gets to me. I don't get joking about it at all, ever. Honestly, I have a really hard time with people who go through fertility treatments and then terminate because it's multiples, or because the baby is Downs or something. I really struggle with the "I want a baby, but not this baby." I think it's different if it's a lethal condition, but... well, I guess I shouldn't get any further into this here. Just put me in the "really hard time" camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

monkey, how many DPO are you? I'm at 8DPO, and feeling pretty anxious.

Well, that depends a lot on how you count DPO. It's dumb I've never thought about this, but when people count DPO, are they counting the first day of raised temperature as day 1, or is it the day after that? And since I did the hCG trigger, someone on another thread (I think... maybe it was one of you) said I should count O day as 36 hours post-trigger. So depending on all of that... I'm somewhere between 4 and 6 DPO. Still testing positive due to the hCG, and going absolutely nuts trying to wait until it would actually be humanly possible to know if I'm pregnant. Like, ya know, the embryo's actually had time to implant. :P Luckily, I haven't really had anything I'd consider "symptoms" to make me even crazier.

Quote:

I HATE how "I raped him" is a common and accepted phrase meaning "I defeated him by a large margin" in gaming.  I hear it all the time and it makes me really angry.   

Yeah, I feel the same way. Or people talking about how an final exam "raped" them. Knowing people who have been severely traumatized by rape, I really, REALLY hate hearing that word thrown around like it means nothing.

Objet - I totally see the line in the first one... that is not your imagination! I'm sorry it disappeared. :( How many DPO are you now? Also, I dug my HPTs out of the trash today, just to see if they still registered, and they both look the same to me. (One's from Saturday morning, one from this morning.) I got them from Amazon (they're here), so you might consider those if you want a new brand. They're only about a dollar a test, which is cheap for ones you can directly pee on (a big plus in my book!). Hopefully you won't need any more HPTs for the next 9 months, though!

Milk8shake - I changed your blurb to say hoping for a take home baby in 2012. If you'd prefer I just delete that part, let me know!

Also, thanks to everyone wishing me luck. smile.gif

#18 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Monkey - thanks for the new thread, I agree 6 months sounds good.  And fingers crossed for you!

Sweetbee - That really sucks about the garden, I'd be pissed and disappointed.

OT - You going to test again soon or wait a few days?

I am now on cd 100+, I gave up counting.  I got my letter in the mail today with my blood work apt and it's not until the middle of June, I was like whaaaat?  Are you kidding me?!!! 

Question, I've started having a small pain in one of my ovaries, it's different than o pain, I'm wondering if I might have a cyst that is stopping my period?  I feel like I read once that that can happen, anyone had experience with something like that before?

#19 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Smiles - Thanks. :) As far as cysts... I know TCOYF talks about Luteinizing Unruptured Follicle syndrome, where you have a follicle that never releases an egg, but I think with that you get the temp shift, which you're obviously missing. Sorry I don't have any more helpful thoughts. :(

#20 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 PM

I can't decide when to test again yet. I'm 16DPO right now, fertilityfriend wants me to wait till 18 DPO, but I'm so anxious and impatient about this, I really want to test tomorrow morning during the first urine. What I might do is use up the last two of these weird strips I was given with my new ferning microscope (which with any luck will be a complete waste of my mother's money lol) tomorrow, and then wait until 18dpo to take a better HPT. Or if I get really solid positives tomorrow, perhaps I can see about getting a blood test done at the doctor's office at 18dpo. Here's hoping!

#21 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks Kinza!

I'm confused. I took a second test, and there was a real clear line after about five or six minutes (the website on the wrapper said read after five minutes). http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z203/lofnmusic/DSC00870.jpg

But then after I took that picture, about 30 seconds to a minute later, the line was completely gone (except I still think I see something real faint, but I'm really really unsure).
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z203/lofnmusic/DSC00872.jpg

I'm pissed and have no clue what to think about this. I can't say I'd ever really heard of a line disappearing after a minute. I was all excited, now I'm completely bewildered. Don't think I'll be using these strips again.

OK so I would have totally said that was a positive in the first one. Why the hell would it disappear!? No wonder you're stressed! I'm stressed for you!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#22 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 07:06 PM

I was actually just saying either I'm pregnant with the reincarnation of Harry Houdini, or I've done something to anger the HPT fairy. smile.gif I'm starting to calm down a little bit though, I got a book in the mail today that's helping me take my mind off of it (everyone was very right in telling me to get Taking Charge of your Fertility. It's pretty awesome so far).

I googled disappearing positives (with like a million different wordings), and I'm only finding people who say theirs disappeared after several hours, and one girl freaking out about it disappearing after two weeks. Still can't find anyone with this particular issue.

#23 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 PM

That "line" on the first one is just the dye moving across the test... which explains why it disappears.

I had a ton of those in the 2 years I waited for my daughter to join us.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#24 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 PM

@Pearl: that was my thought, but I saw the dye moving through while I was waiting for the five minutes to be up, the line was like that for almost a minute after the test was supposed to be finished working, and then went away. You're most likely still right, which is why I don't think I want to use this brand anymore. And at any rate, my charting sites say it's still probably just a bit too early to know for sure, and I still think I see a line in the pics of the first test, so we'll see how it goes. My fingers are still going to be crossed though!

#25 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, the great BSL list clean-up is complete! I deleted anyone that hasn't posted from November on. Also, I found 3 BFPs! So I added those ladies to the BFP list. Yes, I am a talented little stalker. wink1.gif

If I deleted anyone who shouldn't have been deleted, or who wants to stay on the list but mostly just lurks, please let me know! I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings!!

Also, for future threadkeeper reference, I do have a list of those whose last post was in November so we can take their names off if they don't post this month. Again, definitely not trying to kick people out, just trying to keep the list manageable!

#26 of 258 Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM

Kyamo- I agree! I hate when I hear people say the word raped like that so lightly! Or even killed, as in "he killed it when he played his guitar" or whatever..I just think there should be a level of respect for humanity that doesn't seem to be present in alot of people!  I would tell you what she said, but honestly, it was so bad, I just think it would be really insensitive to repeat in this venue, where we all are really hoping for sweet babies asap!

Smiles- You could have a cyst! Was this a sharp,stabbing pain? I had a very large, very serious ovarian cyst removed when I was 15. I hadn't had a period for a couple of months before, but since I had never had regular cycles, I didn't think that was a big deal at the time. Then I started having pain, which progressed to the point that I had to go to the ER and they did an emergency surgery. If you keep having pain, please get it checked out. A sonogram will do it. Very easy. But surgery is not so easy!!! Especially the kind where you are rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night like I was!! Not to scare you, but that definitely is a possiblity. I can't believe they want you to wait until June anyway. Very frustrating!

SweetBee- That is so disappointing about your garden!!!! I am soooo sorry! I think you still should at least try to fight it. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so incompatible with your location too. I really, really feel your pain on that. I absolutely hate the town we are in right now. I pretty much hate everything about it. And it's so hard not knowing when DH will ever find a good job anywhere else. The economy just stinks right now. Blah! If we were closer, we could have some tea together and some yummy cookies or something, and commiserate.

O_T- I think this might be your time!!!!!!!!  Just the fact that you are so many DPO is an excellent sign to me. Your test was definitely confusing. Maybe wait another day or two. Hoping for you though. Also, glad to hear your experience at the play wasn't quite as harrowing as it could have been. Really, I would try not to be superstressed over the kids, or the lady asking you to not be a stranger. Like you said, I'm sure she meant no harm. And kids will form their own opinions of people, in my experience, if they are bright kids, despite what their parents may be saying. Kids can be wonderful judges of character. So, if they love you, they just love you. Back to your test though..I have never had a HPT do that. Maybe the ferning microscope will help??? Good luck!

LTB- meant to say to you before that I am sorry you are still having such a hard time. Praying for you, and hoping that something great will happen. I felt so sad when I read that you are crying in church every Sunday! I probably would be too though. I have a hard time at church or anywhere there are lots of little babies. I get exactly what you mean about wishing sometimes that you didn't just love them so much. I have thought that same thing...and I have also asked myself the question, Why, if I am only meant to have one child, did God make me so that I absolutely adore little ones and desire a whole houseful of children? Especially if I can't afford to adopt more?  The only thing I've known I always wanted to do for sure was be a mom. I remember the teachers pressing me at school when they would say, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and my answer was always "mommy" or "mama" or "mother" depending how old I was..and people would say "You have to do more than just that" and I would say "Why? It's what I want to do."  I still feel the same way. It's my calling. And I believe that is true, even if DS is my only child. But I still love those babies!!!!

Sorry if I forgot anyone..hugging everybody right now. Come on rcr and OT!!!

#27 of 258 Old 05-03-2011, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post
 The reason we picked the place was for the garden that we are now not getting. They are liars and it just makes me want to cry. So now we are paying a fortune (no one who is not a millionaire can afford a house here, and renting just an apartment is even expensive greensad.gif) for a garden apartment without garden where people will soon be running through. I want to scream!

Can I just say that I totally feel your pain.  We moved into a brand new house (never been lived in), and the roof had a massive leak and destroyed our mattress.  I've been waiting and waiting for something to be done about it, and nothing is happened.  Yesterday DP and I issued them with a letter of demand, threatening legal action if they don't pay up.  Now they are pissed!  I'm sure they will make things even more difficult - but what can you do?

Quote:

Seriously?  Whatever someone's feelings on the topic, I can't believe anyone would ever feel that was an appropriate thing to joke about.  Then again, there are people making horrible jokes about rape and suicide, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I HATE how "I raped him" is a common and accepted phrase meaning "I defeated him by a large margin" in gaming.  I hear it all the time and it makes me really angry.   

There are some pretty sick people out there.

Quote:

Yeah, you're definitely not alone with that. While there are situations where I can understand it, it still gets to me. I don't get joking about it at all, ever. Honestly, I have a really hard time with people who go through fertility treatments and then terminate because it's multiples, or because the baby is Downs or something. I really struggle with the "I want a baby, but not this baby." I think it's different if it's a lethal condition, but... well, I guess I shouldn't get any further into this here. Just put me in the "really hard time" camp.

I really agree with the bold part. It's a really tricky subject, and there are lots of factors, of course.  My main issue is with people who basically use it as a form of birth control.  In my opinion, if you do the deed, then you accept the potential consequences of it.  One thing that definitely scares me, is the thought of conceiving multiples.  Twins are in my family, and I always used to hope that I would have twins.  I know now that my uterus would make having any multiples incredibly risky for me and the babies.  Another lady I "know" online who has the same condition, went through selective reduction.  To me, that is a horrific choice to have to make.

Quote:

I can't decide when to test again yet. I'm 16DPO right now, fertilityfriend wants me to wait till 18 DPO, but I'm so anxious and impatient about this, I really want to test tomorrow morning during the first urine. What I might do is use up the last two of these weird strips I was given with my new ferning microscope (which with any luck will be a complete waste of my mother's money lol) tomorrow, and then wait until 18dpo to take a better HPT. Or if I get really solid positives tomorrow, perhaps I can see about getting a blood test done at the doctor's office at 18dpo. Here's hoping!

Oh man... I really hope that this is it for you.  I don't think I'd be getting my hopes up though.  I think the tests might be a little unreliable.

Quote:

Okay, the great BSL list clean-up is complete! I deleted anyone that hasn't posted from November on. Also, I found 3 BFPs! So I added those ladies to the BFP list. Yes, I am a talented little stalker. wink1.gif

Great job... looks great.  Thanks for updating my blurb, it's okay for now.  It's a bit depressing to change it to 2012 though, after being 2010 and 2011.

Quote:

Kyamo- I agree! I hate when I hear people say the word raped like that so lightly! Or even killed, as in "he killed it when he played his guitar" or whatever..I just think there should be a level of respect for humanity that doesn't seem to be present in alot of people!  I would tell you what she said, but honestly, it was so bad, I just think it would be really insensitive to repeat in this venue, where we all are really hoping for sweet babies asap!

I feel a bit guilty now, because I say "killed" it all the time :(

AFM: 3dpo: nauseated and headachy.  Way to early for symptoms, so I hope it's not the flu!

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#28 of 258 Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 AM

Objet - That must be hard having such an ambiguous test.  I hope you see a real positive in a few days.  

monkey - Thanks for cleaning up the list, I know that takes a lot of work.   One little thing though, I think granolamum is on there twice now, in the BFP and the regular list.  

#29 of 258 Old 05-03-2011, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Just a quick post before work to say you were right, Kyamo. It's fixed now!

#30 of 258 Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 AM

Thanks, everyone, for your sympathy. And sorry for all of you dealing with similar craziness.

objet, you are 16DPO? Wow. That alone is a good sign. As for FF's recommendation to wait until 18DPO, I think they say that until they have enough of your cycles recorded to give you a test date based on your average LP length.

Hugs and good luck to everyone!

Me: 9DPO today.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page