*May* Your Bajingo Juice Be Plentiful and Flowing ~ TTC#1 in Our 30s - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 199 Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ram - I had one U/S at about 4w2d, and that was too early.  I had another one a week later at 5w2d, and it showed a gestational sac & yolk sack in the right place.  You can't tell much that early - i.e. couldn't see the little bean - , but you should be able to tell where the little one has implanted and plans to take up residence.  Do you have to have anymore hormone checks?  I kept getting mine checked until they reached a certain level, and that's when I went back in for the U/S.   

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 199 Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Thanks Val, that's almost exactly the same times as mine, nothing at todays 4 week. They've told me unless I feel that there's a problem that I don't need to get my hormones rechecked. But they went ahead and scheduled the 2nd u/s for next Thursday.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#183 of 199 Old 05-27-2011, 04:28 AM

Ram - I kind of freaked out when there was nothing on the ultrasound at 4w2d, even though they warned me.  So try not to be like me!  I'm confident that when you go back at 5 weeks, you'll see a nicely growing gestational sac that will be home for the next nine months to your new babe!  I can't say enough how excited I am for you!!!  Enjoy your camping trip.

And I hope everyone has a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!  blowkiss.gif to everyone!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#184 of 199 Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Hi all,

Boots, I am really proud of you for going to the doc and getting information!  You know, you can make small changes and be proud of yourself for them!

On that note, LISTEN GUYS,  my mother had a childhood phobia of doctors that continued on and off for her whole life.  She passed away at age 49 from breast cancer.  She hadn't gotten regular check ups.  I take that knowledge and make sure to GO TO THE DOCTOR.  She used a midwife probably because of that fear.  Now I have more information and would chose a midwife for a different set of reasons, but anyway, you get my point.

I hope everyone has a good, restful weekend.

SA for DP isn't back yet.  Today is CD10 so I almost just want to wait for the results until after days 13-14-15. 

One exciting note:  I am going for acupuncture at a highly rated fertility center (eastern medicine) on Monday!!!! I am TOO excited!

Ram, I am thinking of you and hoping little bean is in the right spot!

Ladies, sorry for the lack of personal responses but it's been a rough few weeks!

dust.gif

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#185 of 199 Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 AM

Catheleni I started acupuncture on Monday and loved it!  I go back today.  The diet she put me on is a bit of a challenge but not that bad, will probably help me lose a few pounds which needs to happen anyway.  It's a totally different experience than western medicine and I really liked it.  Looking forward to going this afternoon and hearing how you do on Monday!

A therapist (34) married an engineer (37) 10/10.  Expecting our first around the first of March 2012.   Mother to a 7yo dog2.gif, stepmomma to a 10yo awesome and hilarious girl.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**3rdtri.gif36***40**

#186 of 199 Old 05-27-2011, 08:50 AM

Thanks hokievol!  Hey, did I miss you joining?  You must have been posting elsewhere?  Welcome, if you're new!

I am excited because the paperwork the acupuncturist had me fill out is very extensive, and so much more so than any doctor has ever given.

This is a good thing, I think!

Changing diet would be great for me in a way that makes me accountable to someone! I hope she makes me!!  love.gif

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#187 of 199 Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 PM

Hello everyone!  Just checking in for a sec... I'm in the throes of AF and it's a doozy this month.  Ever since going off BC, it's constant cramps unless I am downing like 3 ibuprofin every few hours.  I even have to wake up during the night to take pills just to prevent the pain later in the morning.  Ugh.  I know early pregancy, morning sickness, etc. can be difficult but SWEET MERCY it would be a welcome break from AF madness.

I'll be back in a couple of days.  DH and myself are hitting the road for an overnight trip to Dallas.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of relaxation.  :) 

Me (32) and DH (30) welcomed our precious baby boy 1/2013... life is good.

#188 of 199 Old 05-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Pitch:  Try Aleve, it works for my nasty cramps when ibuprofen won't touch them.  It's the only thing I've found that really works.  I once had to make do with Tylenol and was miserable and useless for two days, but if I catch them early with Aleve I never have more than a bit of discomfort.  Ibuprofen works sometimes, but if I suspect they're going to be bad, I just go straight to Aleve (naproxen sodium is the generic name).

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#189 of 199 Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykue View Post

Pitch:  Try Aleve, it works for my nasty cramps when ibuprofen won't touch them.  It's the only thing I've found that really works.  I once had to make do with Tylenol and was miserable and useless for two days, but if I catch them early with Aleve I never have more than a bit of discomfort.  Ibuprofen works sometimes, but if I suspect they're going to be bad, I just go straight to Aleve (naproxen sodium is the generic name).

yeahthat.gif

My periods were OK for the first six months I was off BC, but they've been horrible since my m/c one year ago - it must have kick-started something hormonally.  Hykue is right about the Aleve.  Hope you enjoy your trip!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#190 of 199 Old 05-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

How can I help my husband relax?  This month as I have been getting closer to O he seems to have steam and then peter out before the finish.  I told him I just want to have fun and if I get pregnant great!  If I don't get pregnant, that is okay, we have another month to try!  We aren't out of the BD race yet this month. My temp hasn't spiked yet.  I am just worried about him because I think he sees pregnancy as what I "REALLY WANT" right now and that is affecting his mojo.

Aleve is the best especially the 12 hour variety!  I hate having to take pills every four hours.

To the teachers that have a little bit of time left, YOU CAN DO IT!  This weekend is graduation for my high school seniors.  Bittersweet.  I always miss the kids when they are gone and wonder who will fill the places in my heart, but someone always comes along to fill in the gap - good and bad.  As for what I will do when vacation, I am going to sleep, sew, garden, cook, and repeat.

It has been nice to relax a little more this weekend.  Monday will be the best because  both my husband and I don't have to go anywhere.  yeah for sleeping in.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#191 of 199 Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 AM

Hey friends.. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Caly.. your DH must be coming home soon.  love.gif

I'm going to be the threadkeeper for June.. thanks to Rosie and Boots for sending directions.  If you have any suggestions for next months thread, please let me know.  I started stimulation on Friday.. egg retrieval is tentatively on the 7th and embryo transfer on the 12th.  That means my test date will be around father's day.  

Welcome new friends, if you have not been added to the front page, please let me know and I'll move you.

RAM!!  I haven't said CONGRATS!!  CONGRATS!!  and don't worry.. This one is going to work out just fine!!  Snuggle in baby Ram.. 

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#192 of 199 Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Lilac, were you in the path of that crazy storm yesterday?  We caught the edge of it here in Toledo.  This is my first summer in the (upper) Midwest, and the weather scares the bejeezus out of me - I'm not used to tornado sirens!  Hope all is well with you and that you got to sleep in this morning. smile.gif

Taxi, I'll be flying to your lovely state to meet DH in 11 days!  We're going to hang out with his family in the Bay Area for a few days and then road trip back to Ohio.  I'm so excited!  love.gif  A Father's Day BFP would be amazing.  I'm hoping so hard for you this month!  It's time for the Arc to work its magic for you! fingersx.gif

I hope you're all enjoying the holiday weekend!  My plan for the day is to stay indoors - it's supposed to be 92 degrees and humid.  I start to melt at any temperature above 80.  Yuck!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#193 of 199 Old 05-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Yes, Calycanth, I was in the middle of the crazy storm!  It knocked down trees and electrical lines.  Some trees were on fire because of the electrical lines in them.  It took my DH and I 45 minutes to make a 10 minute trip across town to get home from a graduation party.  We would go down a street and come to a downed tree or electrical lines across the street.  We had no electricity until about 4 a.m. this morning.  It made me really think about having an emergency plan.  We were thankful that no tree came down on our house.  Two doors down a tree came down in the back yard, but not on the house.  Tell your family you love them!  Check on them and make sure you know as much about where they might be when weather isn't good. 

I had fun planting peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, basil, leeks, and cucumbers this morning.  Planted pansies in my front yard.  Tomorrow is a faculty meeting than a couple school related meetings on Wednesday and Thursday, then next weekend is my little sister's wedding.  Still waiting to O.  Unsure when it might happen really.  It was CD28 last month, but I was just getting off birth control pills.  Still a low BBT.  Haven't had the big patch of EWCM yet. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#194 of 199 Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 AM

Hi guys,

Taxi, I'm excited you're going to be theadkeeper!  Fun!  And I am thinking about you with stimulation and Father's Day testing!

Lilac, thank for the encouragement about finishing school...this week is already shaping up to be super frustrating. 

The crazy storms also came through here.  Not as much damage as I've seen but plenty of excess water and tree branches everywhere.

Went to my first acupuncture yesterday and the practitioner is really great.  Very thorough.  I survived and it made me feel kinda different...and she put me on herbs.  I go back in one week.

Today I have dull cramping higher than usual...perhaps ovulation cramping, but GSB  was  negative today and yesterday....

I don't know.  DP and I fought yesterday so maybe this month will pass us by.  SA is late as hell getting back to us and he's anxious.

#195 of 199 Old 05-31-2011, 05:36 PM

Hi Cathelini!!  Thanks for the sweet things you said..

OK.. Ladies, I'm going to get working on the July thread.. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR CLEVER TITLES??

#196 of 199 Old 05-31-2011, 07:24 PM

Just lost my post.  RAAAARRRRGH!!!!!!!!

Ahem

Taxi, thanks for threadkeeping!  And yay for IVF moving along.  I sometimes think part of my type-A personality would love IVF and the schedule, and the technical side of it.  If I O according to schedule, I should be testing around Father's Day too.  Here's to our upcoming BFPs!!!

Hykue and Caly, thanks for the AF advice.  I kept the Motrin/Aleve going constantly and avoided the sickening cramps from last cycle.  I'm hoping this tapers off the further away I get from my BC days....  And Caly, that's very exciting about you and your DH and getting together at last!  What a fun trip you will have.  biggrinbounce.gif

Lilac, thanks for the support about finishing up school.  It sounds like you had a nice, relaxing holiday.  Those are the BEST.  smile.gif  Good luck waiting for O.  Do you do OPKs?

Cath, that's great about acupuncture!  I'm really interested in eastern medicine.  What kind of herbs are you on?  I hope things work out for you and your guy to try this month.  I know we have an outlet with these boards, but I sometimes feel sorry for the guys out there who don't have the same support we do.  Most of the time I just forget that DH has emotions about TTC because he's so normal and relaxed about it.  (par exemple---me: "OMG I'M OVULATING WAHALAHLAHA!!!  dh: "okay. cool. when's dinner?")  I guess a SA would be nerve-wracking on the guy's part and I need to be more mindful of my own DH's feelings.  Just curious, but where does one get a SA?  At the regular doctor's office or somewhere more specific?

AFM, just enjoying my last 6.5 days with my kiddos.  Trying to relax and make fun plans for summer, like reading, swimming, learning to sew, cooking delicious meals from my new Barefoot Contessa cookbook, yoga, growing my hair longer, a trip to Santa Fe with DH and his parents, photography, etc. etc.  And of course, making a baby.  wink1.gif

Me (32) and DH (30) welcomed our precious baby boy 1/2013... life is good.

#197 of 199 Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Taxilady, I was thinking "Don't "July", TTC is fun!"  translated to mean "Don't you lie, TTC is fun.

Just a thought.  Busy day today.  Meeting I expected to be an hour took 3.  Just a little more and I can take a break.

Going to be gardening tonight, planting watermelon, squash, and cucumbers.  Yeah!

#198 of 199 Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Lilac.. that is perfect!!  Except that it is June.. I laughed when I saw my final post asking for a catchy "July" title.  Looks like we have our threadkeeper for July.. (pointing at you).  thumb.gif  Of course, unless hopefully you're joining the DDC.  love.gif

#199 of 199 Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM

C'mon guys.. new thread is UP.. it's the one with the boring name "June 30 somethings.."

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1315519/june-30-somethings-ttc-1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page