Nursing Mamas TTC May - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 219 Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well on day 20 of my first cycle and still showing low fertility on my clearblue fertility monitor. I wasn't thinking I was ovulating yet but kinda sad I am not..maybe I will before I cycle again though. My first pp cycles are usually pretty long..about 40 days or so..

Batia-mama to a quiverfull and lifetime companion to my bestfriend!
When life knocks you on your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 219 Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
14dpo here and still BFN but no sign of AF. I have been using dollar store tests and for the last 2 days I've gotten what looks like an evaporation line (thinner and gray) but within the time limit, never happened to me before. Also my cervix has stayed high and soft-ish and usually before AF it gets low and hard. That was my last $ store test and I am getting sick of BFNs so my game plan is to wait til 16dpo and get a FRER if still no AF.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#123 of 219 Old 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM

blissful_maia FX for you. It sounds kinda promising!

AFM I'm on CD14 with no signs of O yet. I usually have several days of somewhat fertile mucus before EWCM. Nothing yet...

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#124 of 219 Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

nstewart - I do that all the time with my thermometer, except I'll leave mine on the bathroom counter (where I clean it)!  I think I finally got the hang of the cervix position and texture (opening, however, is still a foreign language), I was just checking sporadically but it seemed to feel exactly the same every single time!  Then one night I said I'm going to do it every night until I O!  That night it felt the same as every other time I had felt, but then the next night it was very noticeably high and soft!  I O'd the next day, lol.

blissful_maia - I'm so excited; I hope this is it for you!!  ...so Thursday, then?  I am now officially your stalker, lol

lots of luck to everyone else!!

AFM...6DPO here, and not experiencing nearly as many symptoms as I was last cycle.  Slightly heightened sense of smell, I get a little queasy if I don't eat regularly.  Felt a little bit of pinching earlier, just for a moment and that was it.  Also, I was filling out a survey and one question was "Will anyone in your household be having a baby within the next 12 months?"  and I was thinking, well it's possible, but since I am not for sure PG right now I better click no...but somehow I clicked yes, haha.   I have had POAS fever the last few days, and to soothe the urge (instead of POAS) I bought more PG tests!  I had most of a 50pk of IC in the cabinet, but still felt the need to buy a FRER 2pk AND a CBE Digi 2 pk.  I figure I would want to confirm a pos from IC on FRER and I need the "Pregnant" test result for photos, duh!  Shut it, I don't have a problem!  ...okay, maybe I do...*sigh*

As of now, I am thinking I will test on the 28th (17DPO) if no AF; FF predicts AF on the 27th.   ...you know, if I can hold out that long LMAO

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

#125 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Well, AF crashed my party this morning at 15dpo! greensad.gif

I am happy about two things though... an excellent LP and also the fact that I've been able to exactly pinpoint my O three times in a row without temping! Woohoo. Not sure if I'll change my approach next month, I feel so emotionally drained!

Fingers crossed for you Bugglette!!!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#126 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 AM

texasfarmom - I love how you and DH are "chatting" about #2 and wanting a large family.  I think we're the same way!  Most days my hubby will tell you he wants a large family (which cracks me up because he is a major worrier about most things), but the older DD gets, the more I get just a little bit anxious about having more than one to watch.  LOL.  But we're really excited about the possibility, and hopefully #2 won't be as difficult to conceive as #1.

carmen358 - How old was your daughter when you start talking about putting the 'milkies' to bed?  I thought I had DD nightweaned around 10 months when she finally got her first teeth and started feeling better, but now we're back to waking up the last several nights and won't go back without nursing.  I usually go in and hug her and rub her back every few minutes until she goes back to sleep, but it's not working at the moment--we end up nursing if she won't settle back after about 20 minutes.  I think she might be teething again and maybe hungry, so I feel bad pushing it any more than that.

Still no real signs of fertility...sigh.  I think I've been on vitex about 5 months now and B6 for about 1 month.  I know they can take a long time to work, especially when I am breastfeeding and never ovulated on my own anyway.  Anyone have any success stories with this?

#127 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 AM

carolyn-- i am so sorry for your loss.  hug2.gif

i am nightweaning dd.  starting tonight.  i am exhausted and cannot take the every 45 minutes all-night-long boobiejuice fest.

does anyone know if an increase in nursing once your cycle becomes semi-regular can cause fertility to crash?  (if so, that's where i'll be...)

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#128 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 AM

Boo to AF, blissful_maia!! That sucks, it sounded so hopeful this month! But yay for the long luteal phase!

I would now like to be moved to 2WW please! And it may actually be closer to a 2WW this time as opposed to my usual 7 day luteal phase. Why you ask? PROGESTERONE SUPPOSITORIES!! Woop woop! So fingers crossed that the added help of the Prometrium is gonna keep a potential pregnancy in there this month! I'm so excited!! :) This is the first month that I really think I have a chance!

Me (30); DH (35) geek.gif, married since Oct. 2008. Blessed with DS (2) babyboy.gif . On Femara and Endometrin for short luteal phase. Expecting #2 Apr 1, 2012! stork-boy.gif

#129 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 12:03 PM

i've been trying to keep up with this thread, but it's hard! so many different stories.

i guess i am in the 2WW period now. i am about 6dpo, i think. i told myself that i wont POAS until AF is late.

Erica, mama to DSslingboy.gif (02/2010) and expecting baby #2 in January!

#130 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugglette View Post

As of now, I am thinking I will test on the 28th (17DPO) if no AF; FF predicts AF on the 27th.   ...you know, if I can hold out that long LMAO

Wow, that's a long wait! orngtongue.gif F/X for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

Well, AF crashed my party this morning at 15dpo! greensad.gif

I am happy about two things though... an excellent LP and also the fact that I've been able to exactly pinpoint my O three times in a row without temping! Woohoo. Not sure if I'll change my approach next month, I feel so emotionally drained!

Ugh. But yes, excellent LP and predictable O is definitely a good consolation prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl01 View Post

carmen358 - How old was your daughter when you start talking about putting the 'milkies' to bed?  I thought I had DD nightweaned around 10 months when she finally got her first teeth and started feeling better, but now we're back to waking up the last several nights and won't go back without nursing.  I usually go in and hug her and rub her back every few minutes until she goes back to sleep, but it's not working at the moment--we end up nursing if she won't settle back after about 20 minutes.  I think she might be teething again and maybe hungry, so I feel bad pushing it any more than that.

Still no real signs of fertility...sigh.  I think I've been on vitex about 5 months now and B6 for about 1 month.  I know they can take a long time to work, especially when I am breastfeeding and never ovulated on my own anyway.  Anyone have any success stories with this?

We just started doing it and she's 16 months. I've never tried nightweaning before so this is all new to me. I'm still quite sick with a cough so I'm not really doing it like I planned. Hoping to start "for real" this weekend. Funny thing is that she has started not wanting to nurse to go to sleep at night. She nurses then asks to lay down so I lay her down and she 'chats' to me for about 3 minutes and goes to sleep. SO adorable :) But she is still waking at least every 2 hours all night so we'll go ahead with the plan. We bed-share so at least I don't have to get out of bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsmom View Post

Boo to AF, blissful_maia!! That sucks, it sounded so hopeful this month! But yay for the long luteal phase!

I would now like to be moved to 2WW please! And it may actually be closer to a 2WW this time as opposed to my usual 7 day luteal phase. Why you ask? PROGESTERONE SUPPOSITORIES!! Woop woop! So fingers crossed that the added help of the Prometrium is gonna keep a potential pregnancy in there this month! I'm so excited!! :) This is the first month that I really think I have a chance!

Yay! F/X for you :)

Afm: Still sick. Yuck. Went for my biweekly acupuncture yesterday and my doc thinks I O'd earlier than I thought. She said temping while waking up so much is not the most reliable indicator. Who knows. We are aggressively trying for an earlier O this cycle!! I've upped my B6 to 125mg/day so hopefully that helps.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#131 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM

Hi mamas!

My DH and I have three boys,seven,three and almost five months..I am still waiting on PP AF,I am still night nursing so not sure when AF will start. I started AF at six months with my first,but nothing till the week I weaned my second when he was 18 months old..So it's up in the air as to when I will get it this time..I think I might have O'd about a week ago! Not to sure though,I had a day of weird pains as well as more fluid,kinda thick and eggish? Not sure if that means O or not..I would love to get preggers again soon :)

#132 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Hi mamas!

I've been silently lurking and reading this thread since it started. I hesitated to join, as there's really no forum specifically for me and this is the closest place I fit. I have a 7 year old, 5 year and an 11 month old. I've had 3 PPAFs but currently on a 41 day cycle greensad.gif which per u/s is due to a cyst. I'm trying to research natural ways to get my cycles back on track and will be starting Vitex and Maca Root (though i'm going to be careful with the Vitex as i don't want it to make more cysts which i've read it does). OH and i'm not ttc for myself, I'm a traditional surrogate, hence the reason I wasn't sure if it was ok to post here.

DS is 11 months old and only nurses about 4 times during the day but is a pretty constant nurser at night. By this age with both my girls I had very regular cycles and they only nursed every 4 hours at night.Plus dd#2 was conceived while dd#1 was still nursing and was about 14 months old. So i'm just waiting on my AF to show as we are going to be doing IUI with my next O. I look forward to continueing to read and learn new info regarding ttc and nursing.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#133 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

blissful_maia, sorry you didn't get your bpf this month... and it sounded so hopeful.  It's hard when it can look promising and then af shows up after all. 

Thanks, everyone, for the info/links on night weaning... We'll see what happens.  I know my little guy is young yet- 10  months- but I just don't know why he used to go for 3 or 4 hour stretches and now it is like every 45 minutes when we are co-sleeping!  I'm really curious to know if anyone has the answer to hildare's question about whether or not a sudden increase in night nursing can crash one's fertility after things were getting semi-normal. 

AFM, I am only CD11.  The days are going by sooooooo slow... Started using my ic OPKs today, since last cycle was only 28 days.  I was in the drugstore today looking at pregnancy tests, wondering if I should buy one or two to have on hand-- but couldn't bring myself to do it, because I was worried I might jinx myself this cycle.  Then when I got home I began thinking that I should have bought at least one, because maybe that would bring me good luck.  Aggghhh!  When I got my BFP with my DS in December 2009, I waited until 18 dpo to test.  If I were late with AF this month, I can't even begin to think when I should test this time, since I wouldn't really know for sure when to start considering myself 'late' (so far my pp cycles aren't consistent--8 days difference from shortest to longest cycle).  I don't want to get my hopes up so high to find myself come crashing down with the arrival of AF.  Every month that goes by, I keep worrying about the condition of my eggs... Anybody else out there who is a nursing mama over the age of 40?

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#134 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 03:16 PM

Can I join you?  We just started TTC #3 this past month but my LP has been on the shorter side.  DD still nurses a lot, so I'm sure that's why.  I'm on CD2 today, waiting to O.

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#135 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

blissful_maia - I'm so sorry that AF crashed your party, but am very glad you had a good LP and know when you are O-ing!!

finsmom - Yay for progesterone!!  My fingers are crossed for you!

ericaness - Good luck!!  We'll probably be testing close together, I'm 7dpo!

carmen358 - GOOD LUCK!!

Aka mommy - Welcome out of the shadows!  I think it is awesome that you are a surrogate!  IMO: You're nursing + you're trying to get a bun in the oven = you belong with us!

sproutemama - WELCOME!!  Egg white CM, is a good sign of coming O!  Good luck!

amydiane - WELCOME!!

AFM:  Nothing new, but I have a sore throat/cough (DS was similarly sick last week (with a fever))....so now I'm wondering if my temp spike wa because I was getting, sick!  ugh!  I missed temping today and yesterday.  DS only had a fever for 2 days (his cough lasted a few days after his fever went down, so if my temp is still high tomorrow I can be reasonably sure that the jump was from O, not illness right?!!

#136 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl01 View Post

but the older DD gets, the more I get just a little bit anxious about having more than one to watch.  LOL. 

I feel kind of the same way, lol.  Those sweet little newborns... did you know they turn into toddlers and preschoolers?  Why didn't anyone tell me this?  lol. 

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#137 of 219 Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 PM

Wow, the thread sure was hopping today!  :D  Still no O here.  My cycle day is the same as the day of the month this time, lol, and I'm predicted to have an O on Saturday, but that prediction is averaging in an O that was on about CD 30 a couple cycles ago.  I had a tiny bit of EWCM on Sunday afternoon but nothing since then, so it's looking like Saturday will be the earliest it could happen.  I was hoping I'd O today so I could possibly test on my birthday, but looks like that won't happen.  Oh well.  :)  Just trying to hang in there and get some things done each day so I don't think about it too much, lol.

#138 of 219 Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 AM

Or maybe I did ovulate yesterday after all, lol.  Please put me in the 2WW although I don't think I'll have a BFP this cycle.

#139 of 219 Old 05-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Hm, I guess everyone used up their weekly post quota yesterday, LOL. 

#140 of 219 Old 05-19-2011, 05:18 PM

I'm here but I'm boring. I think we missed the window this month between colds and work stress. I'm ok with it though. I had a super strange long fertile mucus period and I'm confused. DS has been nursing up a storm too making things stranger.

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting to find out.

sleepytime.gif
#141 of 219 Old 05-20-2011, 07:21 AM

i used my one stick left in the fertility monitor, it was neg but a dark line, that plus the cm and the fact that i o'ed on day 21 last cycle means i think i'm set to o sometime this weekend...

i started night weaning last night.  not necessarily due to fertility concerns, but it was more than i could take lately.. i woh and she has kept me up all night long.  no plans to wean totally nor to stop cosleeping though.  i feel like the meanest mommy in the world, though.  she's not happy to not get to nurse when she asks, but she was just as chipper as could be this morning.  i still feel guilty.  :( 

marinak.. when i got pregs each time, i noticed WAY more mucous.  every time.  like right after conception, before bfps.  also, i noticed dd nursing more b/c my supply (even though other people have sworn that it can't happen this way) was falling.. she was trying to build it back up. 

i HOPE that is what's happening for you!

fingers crossed, harmony and everybody else in the 2ww!

#142 of 219 Old 05-20-2011, 01:29 PM

CD7 for me and nothing exciting happening. I decided to use the CBFM again this cycle. I'm hoping the extra acupuncture, extra supplements and extra herbs move my O up! I'd be happy with an O no later than CD20....

Anyone testing in the next few days? A few BFPs would be nice to see on this thread :)

#143 of 219 Old 05-20-2011, 01:52 PM

I met with the RE this week and learned a few things I didn't know about charting:  10% of charts that show thermal shift no egg was released and in 10% of no "shift" charts, ovulation occurred.  Go figure.  I'm having acupuncture and taking the herbs from the TCM doc.  So far, so good.  I have much more and much stretchier eggwhite this cycle than I've ever noticed.  Because of the tests this cycle, we're waiting to BD until next cycle.  No sense risking problems with all the semi-invasive testing.  I am so glad to have seen my ovaries on ultrasound, though.  They look hard at work maturing perfectly good eggs... and DH is recovering from all last months' BD.nod.gif

#144 of 219 Old 05-22-2011, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi everyone!  I haven't posted in the forums for awhile--I've had my hands full with DD (13 months) and going back to work full-time in January, so serious pangs of guilt kick in if I spend too much time online!  But I just wanted to be put in the 2WW...it's really exciting following everyone's stories.  And congratulations to all the pregnant BFing mamas!

So basically my story is this:  DD nightweaned at probably 6 or 7 months---we gave up on cosleeping at that point  :(  so she was off to her own room and crib.  Still no sign of AF, not that I was anxious about it or very eager to conceive again.  I pumped until she turned a year, and at that point I randomly bought some soy and began taking 100 mgs at night.  I did this for 3 nights in a row (there was no rhyme or reason to my method, just a desire to bring on AF some how, some way) but experienced terrible heart palpitations and figured if God wanted me to be pregnant He would make it happen on His time, not mine.  HOWEVER, several days later I began experiencing tons of EWCM that I hadn't seen since DD was conceived in April 2009!  I was so excited but OPK was negative for days.  I was getting lots of twinges around my ovaries and everything seemed to be pointing to impending O.  After several days of this--and one day having to go back home to change my pants because I had so much ewcm that it soaked through!--I went to the doctor because it was just too wierd.  I didn't know if I'd ovulated, hpt was negative, I just couldn't figure it out...he did another test that was - and told me to come back in 2 or 3 weeks if I still hadn't gotten AF.

A couple days later I randomly did the OPK and it was very, very positive!  The next morning the results were the same, we BD'd and now I'm waiting to see what will turn up.  That was about five days ago.  I did HPT on Friday (bc I'm CRAZY) and of course it was negative.  I don't feel any different except very bloated, but that's been going on for weeks.  Boobs felt very full and nipples were tingly and extremely sore for two days around O but that's it.  Don't know if that's a bad sign...

So I don't know if the soy brought all this on, or the fact that I stopped pumping at the end of April.  I still BF in the morning and whenever she wants when I am home, including all day on the weekends.  When I'm off this summer, I will BF all day...

Keeping my fingers crossed!! 

#145 of 219 Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

Harmony - I'm with you, just waiting for AF...I don't think there's much of a chance for a BFP either.

marinak - same here!

hildare -  I hope you're busy making babies and not checking the board (if you do O this weekend like you predicted)  smile.gif   (I love how it's not inappropriate to talk about strangers' sex life on TTC boards, lol)

carmen - I hope everything that you are doing makes this your cycle!

jaronsmom - I didn't know about the 10% margin of error thing, although it makes sense that temping wouldn't be a perfect science.  Yay for hard working ovaries!  lol  I hope next cycle is all it takes to get a new bundle of joy!

AFM:  I'm 11dpo and totally broke down at 9pdo AND 10 dpo and POAS blush.gif  the 9dpo test was definitely BFN, and the 10dpo test was invalid.  It took all my willpower to NOT test this morning.  It's weird, because I was pretty sure I was PG last cycle, and was afraid to test.  This cycle, I'm pretty sure that I'm NOT PG, but cannot stay away from those tests!  LOL.  I really want to take one of my FRERs or CBE digis, just to ACTUALLY POAS, instead of the PIAC I do with my ICs....but I can't waste a test on a known neg.   Anyway, much luck to everyone!

#146 of 219 Old 05-23-2011, 07:04 AM

laneybug--  hoping those are all very positive signs for you!!! 

bugglette-- i do the same thing.  i can really burn through some 3 packs of pg tests.  why why why do we do that?  and.. it's pretty much ok to discuss my sex life any place any time.  i'm not the most reserved of mamas ;)

well, can you move me to 2ww?  i'm not as hopeful as i could be, we were just plain exhausted to bd as much as i would have liked.  however, we're on day 3 of nightweaning!!!  and it went so much better last night.  we all actually got sleep!  only one very brief but intense period of crying.  i don't feel like that is such a big deal as it's not cio- we still cosleep. it doesn't seem to affect her daytime behavior, so i know this is the right move. even if we don't make it happen till next cycle, we're moving forward. 

#147 of 219 Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Wow!  Sooo many posts for the month of May to catch up on. :)

Congratulations to all of the BFPs this month so far!!!  What a great month to have a BFP. :)

This month has been very stressfull and sad b/c my Dad died.  We had the last service and I yesterday I decided to take (another) OPK and it was +!!  This is really a big deal b/c I have low LH and have been taking sups for it, and still waiting for that PPAF (dd2.5yrs old).  So...I am really hoping this will be the month.  I have never had a + OPK before, just faint lines, but this one popped up right away. 

So, lots going on but who knows? :)

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#148 of 219 Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM

I'm sorry for your loss sraplayas hug2.gif

#149 of 219 Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

I'm sorry for your loss sraplayas hug2.gif

Thank you, carmen :)

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#150 of 219 Old 05-23-2011, 06:30 PM

sraplays, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. 

The bright positive sign for ovulation is nice to hear about though! I, too, never have luck with those ovulation detectors. They never work for me until like 30 minutes before I ovulate. So, not so handy... :)

Me (30); DH (35) geek.gif, married since Oct. 2008. Blessed with DS (2) babyboy.gif . On Femara and Endometrin for short luteal phase. Expecting #2 Apr 1, 2012! stork-boy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page