Nursing Mamas TTC May - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

AKA Mommy, if I posted this here already, I'm sorry!  I know I posted it somewhere either on mothering.com or on another forum but I can't remember where!!  dizzy.gif  I haven't night-weaned yet, so I don't know how well this method works, but did like the sounds of it!  http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html  If you DO try this method, please share how it goes as I'm very curious to try this myself when the time comes!

Delurking to say I used this method with DS and loved it.  We started when he was 1 year, and instead of the timeframe suggested, we drew it out so each phase was like 10 days or so.  It was kind of tough, but I really did see progress.  DS is 17 mos and STTN in his own bed from 9-6, then we usually have a cosleeping snooze till wakeup time. 

My first cycle was when DS was 14 mos so we've been TTC since then.  I think I'm totally having fake pregnancy symptoms (maybe 10 dpo, but can't tell).  I'm just here for some hope that it'll happen someday!

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 10:57 PM

We are hoping to use a form of the dr. jay gordon method. DD is almost 17months old. I'm pretty sure it's going to be tough but I have to go back to work in July and she wakes every 1-2 hours and I just can't be that sleep deprived at work. We co-sleep and I have no desire to stop. However, we have an unused crib in our room so we might convert it to a toddler bed and see if she wants to sleep there for the first part of the night if night weaning is successful.

We were supposed to start a couple of weeks ago but I got really sick and then we had company staying with us.

Hoping to start soon....

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

We are hoping to use a form of the dr. jay gordon method. DD is almost 17months old. I'm pretty sure it's going to be tough but I have to go back to work in July and she wakes every 1-2 hours and I just can't be that sleep deprived at work. We co-sleep and I have no desire to stop. However, we have an unused crib in our room so we might convert it to a toddler bed and see if she wants to sleep there for the first part of the night if night weaning is successful.

We were supposed to start a couple of weeks ago but I got really sick and then we had company staying with us.

Hoping to start soon....

Carmen, we have just started putting DS down for the first part of the night in his crib and then moving him to our bed when he wakes up for the first time after we go to bed (nursing if he wakes up before we go to bed). This happened by chance.  One night he couldn't settle in bed and I tried everything.  I took him to his room (well, the room we store his clothes and previously un-used crib in) to rock him.  That didn't work either.  I put him in his crib, which he'd been napping in for a few weeks, and he fell asleep instantly!!  I was shocked!  I considered sleeping on the floor there or in the rocking chair, and realized that was silly and went to bed and lay awake feeling quite lonely!

He seems to sleep better in his crib (I used to roll my eyes when I read that, but it's true!) so while I have no plans to end co-sleeping, it's working for now.  Not sure how it will work with the Jay Gordon method...

I guess all I'm getting at is DD may be more open to the toddler bed or crib than you are! If you are finding that DD isn't ready for night weaning she may be open to sleeping in your room but in her own bed and sleep longer stretches.

I am still really missing my bed time cuddles with DS but he is at least undisturbed now when I go to bed.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here!

siffleuse319 - WELCOME!!

100%mom - I recently had a confusing 'cycle' like that as well.  I started temping/charting so I could see what was going on.  Maybe that would help you too?

amydiane - I would probably temp when DS woke me, and adjust it if neccessary.  Then consider changing your temp time next cycle.  I started setting my alarm for 6:30, which was about 30mins before DS normally comes in to our room (sometimes to join us, sometimes to wake me up for the day.  So, I temp at 6:30 then go back to sleep until DS wakes me.

agmi - I'm sorry your body is being so confusing.  I hope you find answers, and peace, soon.

ericaness - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  joy.gif

Harmony96 - It's okay, i'm a POAS addict too...lol

Cellist - I used to read tarot, I wish I still had my cards, I would definitely do a reading on myself.  I've never been to a professional; I've always wanted to, but know how to go about finding a good one.

marmo - WELCOME BACK!!  (MDC kept freaking out when I tried to add your chart...I'll do it in the next edit :)  )

bentlaj11 - The family is in my thoughts, I couldn't even imagine...

carmen - Ouch!  I hate the biting phases!  I hope you see some super fertile days soon!

Aka mommy - I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with night weaning.

Carson - WELCOME!!  JSYK, now that you've posted, you're forbidden from returning to the shadows! winky.gif  Good luck!

AFM:  I think I posted about my BFN at 9dpo and invalid at 10dpo.  My sister totally pressured me in to taking a test at 11dpo...but it was in the PM and not long after my last bathroom break...so even though it was a BFN, I wasn't too depressed by it.  Then, I broke down again today and used a digi at 6PM, 3 hrs after last pee...my urine was basically clear (don't know why I wasted a digi on nearly clear PM urine!!), and it said "Not Pregnant"   But I feel like even with clear PM urine, a test at 15dpo should be pos if I were actually PG  greensad.gif   AF is due tomorrow, but i'm wondering if it is really due on Sat...since I'm pretty sure I O'd in the EARLY morning the day of my temp spike, so the day AFTER FF marked O....I dunno.

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

aka mommy, what your DH does is the same as what mine does with our DS; thankfully it is working really well.  I should say, it works for the first part of the night anyway.  DS usually wakes up once after going down for the night in his crib in his own room, at which time he can be easily soothed back to sleep by my DH in the way that you described.  The second time he wakes, it is hit or miss if that will work.  If there is a third time, then forget it-- he comes into bed with us and that is where he stays until morning.  Then, he is wanting to nurse every 45 minutes or so, and it is rough... it became this way in the last month.  I think because he doesn't nurse as much during the day, and then he is making up for it at night.  What we have done is bring a twin bed into our room and added it to the queen we have; when DS comes in, then DH moves onto the twin.  That way, DS and I have a lot of room to stretch out.  We have taken some of the things described in the No-Cry Sleep Solution.  What we have found is that a routine definitely helps.  Everything in order, such as: me nursing, DH doing the diaper change and putting the sleeper on, reading the same stories, pulling down the window shades, singing the same lullabies.  That would be hard if DH had to travel, because I know that I can't do the same thing-- everything tanks because he just wants me to nurse him to sleep.  So I feel for you!

carmen, hopefully the crib in the room will help.  We didn't really have that as an option, since we wanted to keep the crib available in his room-- it converts to a toddler bed.  This weekend, actually, we are planning to do the conversion.  If it seems too high for our DS (he's 10 months), we will just do the mattress on the floor for a bit.  I may even nurse him on it, and if I fall asleep I can then stay the night there or leave him there and crawl back to my own bed.  One thing I have been surprised about is how fussy and mad (crying, flailing about) when I am beside him but won't let him comfort nurse, when we are laying next to each other.  It's not like I want to deprive him of anything, but seriously, I can't get any sleep if he is using me as a pacifier all the time!  Especially around O, because my nipples are so much more sensitive!  He never did have a bottle, and he only used a soother sparingly for about a month when he was really little-- he just never seemed to like it that much.

AFM, I finally detected a surge yesterday on CD19.  I guess I will O in the next day or two.  This is the same day I detected a surge last month.  If my LP is short again like last month (only 8 days), I am going to be very unhappy about that... I've been taking 100 mg of Vitamin B6 for a month, and going to acupuncture, so hopefully it helps...

Thinking of all ofyou here on this thread, sorry I haven't replied to everyone else!  Gotta run, DS is calling!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM

I have to admit, just being able to share our night nursing experience has made me feel less anxious about it. I have no friends that have nursed this long or that have babies that still wake up this long and were concerned about their cycles, so I usually get told to just put off getting pregnant or wean Ds and let him CIO. So you gals understanding and sharing brought me back to a very zen place last night. We all coslept, but I went to bed at 9 pm instead of 11 and Ds only woke up 3 times. And then this morning AF showed so I'm on CD 1!!! So relieved. So thanks ladies, your insight and sharing really brought me back to my center which I clearly needed!

I have some questions about Fertility Friend. If you have too long of a cycle or too many temp shifts does it not do a coverline? Or do I have my settings wrong? [=My Ovulation Chart][/]

Hit post too soon!

Laura- I usually don't get bfps till very late, usually not until the day my period is late so at least 15dpo. Even when I was a surrogate in 2009, my first bfp wasn't until the equivalent of 14.5dpo and that was with frozen embryos when we knew exact conception date. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get your bfp this weekend.

Tenzinsmom (did I get the spelling right? Can't see your u/n on my iPhone when editing posts), good luck with your surge. I hope you have a fun weekend!!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
Old 05-27-2011, 10:36 AM

aka mommy, I know what you mean about the advice you are getting-- I've gotten the same.  I actually went to a La Leche League meeting for the first time the other day, it was for those with toddlers, and they are a very supportive bunch when it comes to empathizing about sleep issues and nursing well into toddlerhood.  I didn't bring up my desire to gain my fertility back to its full potential while nursing, but, one thing the meeting made me realize is that it is a very attainable goal-- a few of the moms there had older toddlers plus infants, so they were tandem nursing.  And they had a family bed.  So, that gives me hope!  And, they just kind of accept things for what they are at the time, and the whole "it shall pass" was kind of prevalent... they did say that when they felt they neeed a change in what they were doing for sanity's sake, they did go ahead and make changes but they did it with a gentle approach-- one little change at a time.  The night weaning was a the forefront of this conversation... 

Old 05-27-2011, 11:27 AM

Congrats to the recent BFPs!

So. The progesterone supplements are not helping like I thought they would (and did last time when I was ttc #1). I am seeing my RE in tuesday to discuss Clomid. Prometrium is giving me horrible yeast infections (tmi, i know). And I need another game plan. My son is not attached to nursing at all anymore, and I was maintaining the morning feed more for my sake, then his. I've switched him to a bottle for the past 4 days and he couldn't care less. As long as he has his milk he's happy.

So with engorged, boulder breasts, I wish you ladies much luck on your nursing and ttc journeys. Mine has come to an end, because I am uncomfortable with the Clomid and nursing.

Good luck, ladies!! And thanks for all your support and help over the last few months! :smileyhappy:

Jackie

Me (30); DH (35) geek.gif, married since Oct. 2008. Blessed with DS (2) babyboy.gif . On Femara and Endometrin for short luteal phase. Expecting #2 Apr 1, 2012! stork-boy.gif

Old 05-27-2011, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

FF put your o on that date purely because of that pos OPK.  Your temps do not show O until CD 39-44.  Make sure you have your ovulation detection thingy is set to "advanced' and not "OPK/OvuWatch"  I'm positive that if you take that opk out FF would give you true crosshairs when your temp spiked. Next cycle (or I guess this cycle, since it looks like you're on a new one hug2.gif ), you should probably remove any pos OPKs that are not closely followed by a sustained temp spike.

Thank you for sharing that you only get late bfps....they are surprisingly hard to find online, lol.  Everyone seems to get BFPs at 9 and 10dpo!   No AF (yet) today, lots of creamy CM and I super high cervix (I can't even feel it)....I'm hoping I'm just a late BFPer too.  I tested pos with DS about 1wk post expected AF, but I had only just realized that I was late, so I hadn't tested earlier than that.

ETA:  I also seem have some PG brain..after I posted, I saw that you referred to me as Laura and not Bugglette....and I'm like "how does she know my name?!"  LMAO...DOH!   ...or, I'm just a ditz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post

I have to admit, just being able to share our night nursing experience has made me feel less anxious about it. I have no friends that have nursed this long or that have babies that still wake up this long and were concerned about their cycles, so I usually get told to just put off getting pregnant or wean Ds and let him CIO. So you gals understanding and sharing brought me back to a very zen place last night. We all coslept, but I went to bed at 9 pm instead of 11 and Ds only woke up 3 times. And then this morning AF showed so I'm on CD 1!!! So relieved. So thanks ladies, your insight and sharing really brought me back to my center which I clearly needed!

I have some questions about Fertility Friend. If you have too long of a cycle or too many temp shifts does it not do a coverline? Or do I have my settings wrong? [=My Ovulation Chart][/]

Hit post too soon!

Laura- I usually don't get bfps till very late, usually not until the day my period is late so at least 15dpo. Even when I was a surrogate in 2009, my first bfp wasn't until the equivalent of 14.5dpo and that was with frozen embryos when we knew exact conception date. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get your bfp this weekend.

Tenzinsmom (did I get the spelling right? Can't see your u/n on my iPhone when editing posts), good luck with your surge. I hope you have a fun weekend!!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestions to try the toddler bed....it's the encouragement I needed :) We're going to convert the crib this weekend and give it a try!

aka mommy: I would also guess that you O'd close to CD40 or 42. It looks like you have multiple patches of ewcm so maybe your body is gearing up to O but then it's delayed. Try removing the positive opk and see what FF does

tenzinsmama: I will be curious to see if the B6 helps your LP! I have also upped mine to 125 this cycle and am curious to see how it will work for me....

bugglette: hmmmm A late bfp may be a possibility!

nstewart: I would definitely miss cuddles at night!! But a good night's sleep for our family is really a priority these days...

Old 05-27-2011, 07:14 PM

aka mommy - I had nightweaned by 9 or 10 months, but didn't get AF back until almost 17 months PP.  We used a bottle at day care, but not at home unless I wasn't there for that feeding.  DS just started sleeping through the night pretty well (8 hrs at least) around then, so I don't have experience with a non-sick 11 month old getting up several times per night.  We started training him on a sippy cup with water in it starting at 6 months and he was great at it by about a year.  He just started using a straw at about 17 months.

The psychic said that we would be welcoming a new soul into our family in 2012!  I don't know WHEN, but she said it is going to be a joyous, prosperous year in 2012. :)  She also said "it hasn't been decided yet," but we might get TWINS.  I really hope not.  That scares the DICKENS out of me.  She saw that, and tried to reassure me that we would have plenty of helping hands and plenty of supplies if we had twins, but GULP. 

According to FF, I'm 3 or 4 DPO, having BD'd on the correct days, but we'll see.  I'm not feeling that optimistic, despite the psychic reading.  Technically we could be TTCing until March 2012 to have a baby in 2012!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Wow Cellist! What news! The possibility of twins!! I often think about what in the world I would do with TWO babies the same age. Hopefully they would be more easy going than my DD. What I think about the most when thinking about twins is would I be "allowed" to have a vag birth. Ok, not trying to scare you and just rambling...

AFM I just got some Wondfo OPKs and HPTs in the mail. I've never used OPKs but figured it couldn't hurt. :shrug I don't temp b/c DD is up every 30 min-2 hours all.night.long. and I don't want to risk waking her up early to temp. We always wake up at different times too. Plus, it is awfully hard to check mucus when you have two little hands on the edge of the toilet trying to reach in! ROTFLMAO.gifI'm sure it will be easier to pee in a cup and dip an LH strip twice a day. nut.gif

I get so excited about TTC, then I remember my milk supply could decrease or disappear. YIKES! I'm NOT ready to wean yet. DD still doesn't eat any solids, she's just not interested. What in the world would I do if I couldn't nurse her?! I'm still going to TTC knowing it could be months or even years before I do. Also, I'm hoping I'm someone that will not have my supply change b/c of pregnancy.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
Old 05-29-2011, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Please move me to Waiting to O.  AF hasn't officially started yet, but my temp dropped to the coverline yesterday and way below it today, so I'm sure she's on her way shortly.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:41 AM

texasfarmom...it doesn't scare me to think about the possibility of not having a vaginal birth.  I had a c-section the first time, which was a HUGE disappointment for me and has been a grieving process to integrate into my life, and I REALLY want a VBAC next time, but I know what it's like and that many practitioners wouldn't want you to have twins vaginally, so if I end up pregnant with twins, I'm already well adjusted to the idea I might have to have another c-section.  SIGH.

Harmony96, aw, bummer.

Please put me in Waiting to know, but I really, more and more, think this is not my month.  Ah, well. 

How are our BFP ladies doing????

Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 AM

Please move me to 2WW wait... agghh, I don't know how I'm going to get through it that easily, I'm already obsessing about it!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just checking in...I've been playing with the FF detector and set it to OPK just to see what it would look like.  If I did O six days ago then I guess I have about 4-10 days to test, depending on how patient I am! 

B/c I have not been temping regularly (just started up a few days ago after 2+months), I don't think FF will give me a coverline, however I do know that my temps are in the typical L phase for me

praying.gif

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 05-29-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

NOTE::  It won't let me edit the list,  I will keep trying and post when I've updated it!

finsmom - I'm sorry the progesterone isn't working greensad.gif  I hope the clomid works and you get your BFP soon!!  We will miss you here!

Cellist - Ooo, twins!  Well, I hope that no mater how many babes make a home in your belly, that you will be able to have the birth that YOU want.  I'll move you as soon as I can edit the post again)

Harmony96 -  hug2.gif  I'll move you as soon as I'm able to edit the post again

TenzinsMama -  GOOD LUCK!!  I'll move you as soon as I'm able to edit the post again.

AFM - 18dpo, AF was due 16dpo.  No BFP, no AF.  I had a HUGE temp drop yesterday, my temp is up a little today but still under the coverline.  I'm starting to wonder if I even O'd.  I had some false temps in there, so it would be easier for me to see my shift, but I discarded them so others can see which ones are real.  There were a lot of days where I did not temp, so who knows.  FF doesn't remove, or move O when I discard the false temps.  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/340d7a

Symptom wise: I've been really tired and I get REALLY hungry very suddenly and often.  Slight nausea all day, that increases if i don't eat regularly.  Just these past couple days I've been getting slowly more bloated and gassy.  Random cramping (the pinching type), no "burning" cramps, which I usually get before and during AF.  lots of creamy CM, I keep checking for AF.  I have felt PG since about 10dpo, but this is the first time I've admitted it to anyone....I don't see how I could be PG and still be getting BFNs.  I think if AF doesn't come in the next few days, I'll assume I didn't O and go from there.

ETA:  I had all the signs that mean O is coming, and I'm pretty sure I felt it.  When I saw that temp spike I though "I KNEW it!"  Also, the temp one the coverline at 10dpo, I had so me very localized pinchj cramping that day.  Only in one spot, just above my pubic bone, and slightly to the left...I though it was implantation.  I've had random pinch cramping since then, usually (but not always) in that same spot.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:08 PM

Hmm Bugglette....it really does look like you O'd with that big temp shift and if all the other signs lined up I'd say there is still a good chance that you did indeed O. Are all the temps that are discarded not accurate temps? How long is your LP usually? Maybe start temping again for the next few days and see where it's at?

Afm: I'm still getting low on the cbfm on CD16. My temps are pretty stable....high for me during the follicular phase but I'm wondering if B6 has made it go up?? Not sure. No huge signs of impending O. Still not giving up hope that O will happen in the next week though!

Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 PM

Sounds promising Bugglette!

Question:  what program do you all use for charting?  I have the TCOYF program but I'm not loving it.  Maybe it's an old version or something but I find it cumbersome.  I FINALLY decided to start entering indicators instead of just noting them today and got a chuckle to see that I am on CD 595! Haha!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:26 PM

nstewart....fertilityfriend.com is a great free site for charting! They also have a paid membership with more spiffy options.

Afm: ewcm tonight! This is the earliest I've had it since my cycles came back! It's still not the ideal cm I get right before O but it always starts like this so hopefully we're on our way!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 AM

Yay, carmen!!!  I haven't really had good ewcm since return of AF yet...hoping this means you will soon be able to try for #2!!!

nstewart, I agree that FertilityFriend.com is a good place to chart.  I think it's pretty easy and user-friendly, too.  And I was kind of laughing about how you used to roll your eyes about a baby sleeping better in his/her crib in the past...I always thought we would co-sleep, but our baby actually did sleep better on his own, too.  LOL  Oh well.  You never know for sure until you actually HAVE the baby, right?  Maybe #2 will be different for all of us!!!

FF changed my O date.  We are still past O now, but fewer days than before.  Bah.  I dunno.  I think my cycles are still getting back on track.  This is only cycle #2 PP, so have to be pretty patient still, I think. :)

Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 AM

Hi girls!!

I was on this thread late last year and got my BFP around Christmas. I lost the baby at 6 weeks and continued to nurse through everything. My 19mo old is still nursing (3-4 times a day and 2-3 at night for 3-5min each time). I just got my BFP yesterday at 12dpo. I'm a little worried again because my tests aren't progressing as dark as I'd like. I posted a pic here (http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=12564) as I'm not sure how to post here. You can even do greyscale or invert there. What do you guys think?

Has anyone here suffered a loss while BFing then go on to have a healthy PG while still BFing? I keep getting told BFing was not the cause but I just want a healthy pregnancy and a healthy toddler!!

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

nstewart - I use fertilityfriend.com too.

carmen - Yay!  I hope your EWCM keeps getting better and better and you have a good strong O soon!

NolliesMama - I'm sorry, i don't have any experience with this...but I know that there are a few ladies on here who have had multiple children while BFing an older one.  So hopefully you get the info you need to put your worries to rest, and I've got my FX for a H&H 9m!!  Also, keep in mind that HPTs are not made to show how much hcg is in your system.  Some women may be able to see the lines darken as a pg progresses, but not having the lines darken in no way means that something is wrong!

AFM:   19dpo, BFN this morning.  I woke up with no blankets; the room was FREEZING, and so was I.  My temp was 97.5, which I think is inaccurate just because of how cold i was.  When I put the temp in FF, it took away my CH and said I never O-ed, but when i adjusted it just a couple tenths of a degree higher, it gave the CH back...so i just discarded today's temp.   Is it even possible to have a couple low temps and be PG?  If tomorrow is high, then it's probably just a late temp dip, right?  I feel dumb for still keeping my hopes up...but I did find TWO charts in the FF gallery, where they had a dip below coverline near the end of normal LP and then a BFP at 22dpo on one and 24dpo on the other.  wild.gif nut.gif  <<< Those are me 24hrs a day now, lol 

ETA:  "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"   I love that movie, and I feel that way now LOL

Old 05-30-2011, 12:13 PM

NolliesMama--Congratulations! :)  I can definitely see the lines on your HPTs. 

I don't have experience either with loss while BFing, but I did nurse my 3-yr old through most of my last pregnancy without a problem.  My milk seemed to go halfway through my 3rd trimester.

AFM...temps are holding steady--up a bit from yesterday and still above what I consider my coverline temp.  Possibly at 7dpo IF I O'd at all. :)

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 PM

BFP for me. I have sort of been lurking but we have been ttc for almost a year now. I am a little pessimistic because I had a "period" and am now having spotting. The last time I had a pregnancy with all this going on it was ectopic. I will likely be having an US in a week or so to see what the "status" is of this pregnancy. Prayers, good thoughts and well wishes are appreciated.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM

naturegirl--I am so happy for you---wishing you the best. dust.gif

Old 05-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post
I always thought we would co-sleep, but our baby actually did sleep better on his own, too.  LOL  Oh well.  You never know for sure until you actually HAVE the baby, right?  Maybe #2 will be different for all of us!!!

I wanted to cosleep with DD, but she was super-wiggly and always kept trying to get up under my pillow or move around and just really made me nervous, even as a newborn, so I stuck her in the crib and we all slept better.  And DS spent a lot of time in the crib, too, and slept fine there, but I COULD cosleep with him because the kid did. not. move. once we fell asleep, lol.  So he was super-easy to cosleep with.  :)

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post

Yay, carmen!!!  I haven't really had good ewcm since return of AF yet...hoping this means you will soon be able to try for #2!!!

FF changed my O date.  We are still past O now, but fewer days than before.  Bah.  I dunno.  I think my cycles are still getting back on track.  This is only cycle #2 PP, so have to be pretty patient still, I think. :)

Thanks! Good ewcm is the one thing that I have been able to count on since my cycles came back!

Do you have a date picked out for testing? :)

Congrats, NolliesMama! I can definitely see your positives...are you getting beta tests? I had 2 m/c before getting pregnant with DD but I was not nursing at the time.

Bugglette: It's definitely possible....I would keep temping and see what happens....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

AFM...temps are holding steady--up a bit from yesterday and still above what I consider my coverline temp.  Possibly at 7dpo IF I O'd at all. :)

Yay for steady temps :) Is this your first pp O (sorry if I should know this....so many people on the thread!)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post

BFP for me. I have sort of been lurking but we have been ttc for almost a year now. I am a little pessimistic because I had a "period" and am now having spotting. The last time I had a pregnancy with all this going on it was ectopic. I will likely be having an US in a week or so to see what the "status" is of this pregnancy. Prayers, good thoughts and well wishes are appreciated.

Congrats to you too :) I hope your u/s brings you good news!

Afm: CBFM jumped to High this morning and I had much better ewcm today. When ttc DD I woud have insem'd today but with my cycles so whacky I don't want to jump the gun. So, will try and be patient and wait for a Peak on the monitor or a positive opk....I hope we don't miss it!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:48 PM

I am so behind I went mia cause ppaf was taking her sweet time.. Will I did another round of provera and the witch showed up on may 16th and I am now on cd 15 the time I took provera to get ppaf and it worked and I got pg with my last baby I o'ed on cd 29 so I have a wait. If I do the same I will o around our 7 year wedding anniversary and be due right after my oldest sons bday cause we got pg on our wedding night... So I am joy.gif but I am crampy today but it is more like in the center of my lower tummy not off to one side like o or af cramps. But I am happy and plan to start posting all the time cause I need you all...

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:06 PM

About the m/c while bfing and then going on to have a healthy pg I have not but I have 2 online friends that have.. One could even get pg before with out fertility meds but did 2 times and is now 8 weeks pg... Congrats on your bfp....

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!

User Tag List