Longer to get BFP third time around? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

With my first two pregnancies I remember testing around 3-4 days before expected period.  With this (possible) pregnancy, I am 4 days away from AF and got a BFN.  I'm still only 10dpo, and I wasn't charting with my first two pregnancies, so perhaps I had a longer luteal phase...not sure.  Anyway, just wondering if with each of your pregnancies you received your BFP at different times?

#2 of 4 Old 05-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

You might get more answers in the "I'm Pregnant" forum.  I personally have always waited to test so I can't really give you a helpful answer based on my own experience.  BUT, I have been on these forums a lot and seen that women have tested positive at very similar times and at very different times pregnancy to pregnancy.  In fact, there is a poll going right now regarding when people got their BFP's (I think it's even in this forum).  When your hCG levels are high enough to test positive depends on implantation, which could be anywhere from 6-10 DPO so you could have a later implantation situation going on.  I generally don't test until at least 3 days after my longest LP so that I don't get ambiguous results.  Good luck!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 4 Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the response!  I actually saw the post/poll you were talking about not long after posting this one.  I felt kinda silly - guess I should've looked around a bit first.  Oh well...I plan to take another test the day of expected AF (assuming it doesn't arrive) - just a few more days.  Sigh....the wait is the worst.  greensad.gif  BTW - congrats on #3!

#4 of 4 Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

With my first 2, I got BFPs on 11dpo.  My next 2 pregnancies ended in miscarriage and had later BFPs - 15dpo and 18dpo.  I'm still trying for a successful third.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page