June 30-Somethings TTC #1 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 379 Old 07-04-2011, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

RosieL, I could be the thread keeper for July - I don't know how to edit the first page list with all the people that are in the thread or graduates and stuff, but I know I will be around and able to do such things this month.  How is it done so the list of people in the thread is visible and can be edited?

Jessimaca, welcome to the thread.  There is a great group of women here all adventuring along the TTC path.  It has ups and downs but we are here for support.  I have been TTC since April.  Right now I am in the 2WW.  Wednesday, July 13 is test date/AF expected.  I guess I will just have to wait and see how my temp goes.  I find temping therapeutic.  I am a math teacher and seeing the numbers just makes my analytical mind happy, even when I don't get the news I was hoping for (like the last 2 months...)

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#362 of 379 Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Lilac, Rosie will send you the threadkeeper instructions, they should explain it all. :)

Welcome, Jess.

Missed you guys. Home again but now have developed an infamous summer/airplane cold. UGH. At least I got to enjoy most of the long weekend with huz.

On CD1, was a nice normal 30 day cycle, ovulation suspected around CD16. Hope this means that the metformin has things well sorted and this month we can make a really good go of it.

We are still waiting for results from huz' s first SA.

I am unsure how long my OBGYN will want us to try with the Met without any other interventions? Any experience with this, Krunchy or Bel?? Of course depends on the SA results.

Tickletoes, still thinking of you.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#363 of 379 Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Lilac-- I find the temping therapuetic as well!  I was actually surprised by how much I enjoy it.  But, I like to over-analyze everything shy.gif

Bootsvalentine-- Everyone here is so welcoming!  I really appreciate it!

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#364 of 379 Old 07-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Yeah, Jessimaca, this is my third cycle of birth control pills and each time my time from period to ovulation has gotten shorter and shorter and shorter.  I thought I had the temp dip down to catch O but this month, my temp didn't drop as much as the last two month's so I missed it until FF popped up with red lines.  DOH!  I will wait and see if I got pregnant this month, if not, onto next month in 9 theoretical days. 

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#365 of 379 Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 PM

Hi all  - Sorry I have been totally MIA lately, I've had a cold, been stressed and a bit down lately, and just didn't feel up to posting..  But I'm feeling a lot better now (emotionally and physically).  It's really crunch time for my thesis writing so I need to just pick myself up and get the job done!   Although the stress I've been experiencing makes me think that we won't have much luck making a baby until after I've got this thesis in at the end of next month. Currently on CD 9 and kind of too busy to be worried about ttc issues. Of course we'll BD on the right days but I'm not going to let myself obsess this month. I just don't have the time!

Rosie - I'm really glad to hear your HSG was good. This is the test that I am afraid to do because of what I might find out. But if we get to that point, I guess I'll just have to do it. I hope your DH's  SA has better results the second time.

Caly - Good luck with the editing!  I think this is a great idea for a business.  I've also done quite a bit of editing for grad students, supervisors, etc... Maybe I will try to do something similar when I've finished my PhD and don't get my scholarship anymore. There is a college campus here, perhaps I could just put up some flyers and see what happens.

Krunchy - Great to hear that you Od at last and that the Met is helping your cycles.

Lilac - I also really feel that temping is good for me regardless of the outcome each  month. It just helps me feel that little bit more in control and in tune with what is happening in my body.  Regarding natural birth/home birth options, I know that I want to have a homebirth and luckily there is a great online/IRL community here of like minded women. I don't plan to discuss my plans with anyone who might be opposed or even unsupportive, even though this probably includes my in-laws!

I'm a bit envious of everyone enjoying the nice hot summer over there!  We're in the middle of winter here and it's been rainy and cold for the past few days. The sun actually  just came out a few minutes ago and it looks like today will be a nice one after all. I might have to go for a walk to clear my head and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

#366 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 03:27 AM

Sometimes FF makes me shake my head.  It moved my O lines today.  Now it looks like we BDed on the day of O and now I am just 3 days past O.  I know I can't control my temp and temping helps me keep focused.

#367 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 04:56 AM

Well, on to next month.  My temp dropped yesterday, stayed the same today and got my AF greensad.gif.  I'm going to start using FF so I can ask all you ladies for help when I can't figure out what the heck is going on shy.gif

Lilac--  We've also been TTC #1 since April!  We are on the journey together!  Can you explain more about the birth control cycles?  This is all very new to me...  Also, my cycles have been really weird since I came off my birth control-- weird for me anyway.  Shortest has been 25 days, longest 29.  When I've been off BC in the past it's been more like 32 to 38 days.  

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#368 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Hi friends, thank you for allowing me to be the WORST threadqueen on the planet... It took me a long time to heal after the IVF BFN.  But I really and truly appreciate all the well wishes you've sent to me.  love.gif  WELCOME new friends, I'm sure the July threadkeeper will add you to the list and welcome you more formally.  Today, DH and I have to go see our RE.  He said our prognosis is really good, but I'm having issues with the expense of it all.  However, we spent the 3 day weekend taking care of my 2 year old nephew and I realized we've got to keep trying.  

Thanks for being so kind.. Love to you all.. 

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#369 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Boots, welcome home!  Sorry about the cold.  Sounds like the metaformin is working its magic!  Sending lots of  dust.gif to you and Mr. Boots.

Jess, welcome!  Hope your stay is short and sweet!  Don't worry, you'll pick up the TTC lingo.  If anything is unclear, just ask.  I don't temp anymore, but I found it really useful in the beginning.  After six months of temping, it was obvious that I ovulate 1-2 days after getting a positive result on an OPK, so I started using those in lieu of charting.

Chap, I'd take cold and rainy over hot and humid any day!  What's the topic of your thesis?  Thank you for wishing me luck - I'm sure I'll need it!  orngtongue.gif

Rosie, I'd say a clear HSG is definitely a good thing!  I'm starting to get nervous about my appointment.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#370 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Taxi, hug2.gif!!!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#371 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 AM

Taxlady, welcome back.  joy.gifGlad your nephew was an inspiration.

Jessimaca, I am not sure what you mean by "birth control cycles" but my cycles the last 3 months have been after I quite the birth control.  I had been taking it for about 10 years to control terrible cramps during AF (long before I needed any "controlling" of fertility.  It just seems that my body is getting back to itself.  Last month's AF kicked butt, it hurt so much.  Worried my poor DH but I just told him this was what life was like before I took birth control pills.  You can take a look at how the charting goes. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/LilacVioletIris Definitely read through/take the charting course FF offers.  It was helpful.  I think that each month so far has been shorter and shorter cycle wise since my own hormones have taken over (which is a good thing).  Now to wait and see if I am pregnant, although no now my testing day is July 15 :(  But I guess that would show that my cycles are basically the same length with a start of May 14, June 15, and maybe, if I am not pregnant July 15. 

#372 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 10:17 AM

Just wanted to pop in to say HELLO!  I hope all is well with everyone. 

Caly - Good luck at your upcoming appointment!!  I don't remember exactly when it is, in a couple of weeks, right??  I was really nervous before I went in to talk about TTC stuff, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  Hope you have a good experience, too.

Rosie - Yay for the clear HSG!  And, they (whoever "they" may be) say an HSG in and of itself can up fertility for a few months... so fingers are crossed that will happen for you!

Taxi - HI!  Good to "see" you around! 

Boots - Welcome home! 

To the new folks - HI and welcome! 

To everyone I missed - Sending out lots of love and baby dust. 

Love you guys! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#373 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM

So, the SA results were good. I didn't get the numbers, but basically the nurse told me nothing to worry about, slightly low motility but probably from the time that elapsed before it was tested.

Maybe because I'm sick and feeling down, but I'm having to work this out in my head vs. my feelings of self-deprecation. I know that male factor issues are a serious deal, and I don't want to disrespect anyone else that is dealing with them by saying I wish it were him. I just almost have this feeling like "I knew it was me, I knew I was broken."

Nurse said doc said "get my sugars under control" (which is strange because I barely registered as pre-diabetic, and I'm sure they're fine now that I'm on the Met) and come back in two to three months. I'm thinking September, and then we'll try "medicine" which I assume is Clomid (I hate when they try to dumb things down).

I am grateful to be here because I think if I weren't I'd have given up long ago. I don't get why in my head I judge myself as "broken" when I would NEVER think that of the wonderful women here who have needed interventions and gotten their BFPs.

Anyway, overall good news, but no changes, just ol' fashioned trying for another few months.

I keep thinking that I told my coworkers that I would come back pregnant no matter what it took, and it's not going to happen. This process can be so slow, and our year of trying is nothing on some of the others who have been so patient and brave.

I'm getting a little nervous about this doctor, because she keeps talking to me as if I am diabetic (in fact she told me "Basically, this means you are diabetic") from one fasting glucose/insulin/A1C") My GP was adamant that I'm not diabetic.  I tell myself that it's okay because she did not discourage me from trying, her job is to get me pregnant and that's what going on the Met is supposed to help. Ugh, whatever. I won't even be seeing here again for months and who knows.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#374 of 379 Old 07-05-2011, 08:48 PM

I'll forward thread instructions ASAP sorry haven't been at a computer and phone won't let me.

OB called with second SA results literally while I was deboning a duck for the first time tonight. Same SA results, 3% this time on morphology. She said it's up to me how aggressive we want to be, offered clonus and IUI. I asked why that would make a difference, given morphology, and she said you never know. Then she said the other option is to go to the RE. Well, my RE appointment is Thursday! Meanwhile I have four guests in house for another five days and we just finished a six- course french dinner. Yum.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#375 of 379 Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 AM

Caly, I just have a feeling you are going to feel a lot better after your appointment. Despite my b*tchin in the post above, I am overall so much happier now that we have real answers and a real plan. I know nothing makes it easier to actually go through it, though! Remember, the only way I got through it was to pretend I was at home posting to you guys about what happened. :)

Lilac, let me know if you need any help with threadkeeper instructions, I rewrote them a few months ago.

Rosie, you are a busy girl! Good luck at your appointment. Hope you guys get some more answers/a plan from the RE. "You never know" is a little too vague for my taste, and I'm not even as exacting as you are.

I guess we had a huge dust storm aka "haboob." I had no idea, I was inside nursing my cold. Now I'm wondering if it's a cold at all and maybe just really crappy air quality. This video is amazing:

http://vimeo.com/26045314

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#376 of 379 Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 AM

lilac - Thanks again for offering to be threadkeeper! I sent the instructions and if you have any questions definitely feel free to ask via PM or in here. :) 

Boots! Hi! I'm glad you got an all-clear for the male factor. I'm so sorry you're feeling let down by your body. I'd be pretty annoyed at the "medicine" talk instead of telling you specifically what they are thinking about. Then again, my doc said stuff like "we could try clomid plus more intervention, like insemination." I responded to her using terms like IUI, and she started to use a few more technical terms. I guess she walks a balance. I have a question, do you know if your weight is going up, down, or staying steady? 

Hi chap! Focusing on thesis rather than TTCing sounds like a really good idea. And I'm sure we'll all be pining away for your summer when winter comes to hit us this year. Actually, I'm sure we won't, since we'll al be graduates by then! Ah well, maybe in the grad thread.

Jessiemaca Sorry AF arrived. :( 

Hi Taxi! Glad to see you checking in. I was worried you'd be gone for a long while. Does your RE have a shared risk program, or any REs around where you live? A clinic here clinic has a 6 IVF rounds for $22k or your money back. Do you have any explanations for the first two tries, or is it just that sometimes they don't work, and you have to keep trying? :hugs: I think it's horrible that we have to think about the expenses of *making* a child, but I suppose I would prefer that over no children at all. My OB basically told me to go get IVF yesterday in not so many words, so the expense is on the mind. Much love and hugs to you. 

Hi Caly! Any running lately? 

Val! How is that pregnancy going? What's your little boy going to be named???

I'm a bit surprised I posted last night. I was not sober! It was a long meal and a marathon of cooking but so fun! I'm off to show my guests how to go crabbing and hopefully we'll catch lunch. More anon!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#377 of 379 Old 07-06-2011, 04:52 AM

Boots - Just wanted to send you some hugs.  hug2.gif  I totally get the "I knew it was me" feeling.  We never tested DH, mainly because we figured out it was my issue before I ever convinced him to get tested, and I remember that feeling.  It didn't help that I'm substantially younger than DH, so I had just always assumed the issue would be his, not mine (not nice or accurate, obviously, but it was in the back of my mind).  So anyway, I get what you're feeling.  But there's no shame in getting assistance!  If it gets you where you want to be, that's all that matters!  And having a plan does make it all seem a little easier.  Good luck with everything!  Hopefully the Met will do the trick before you need to go back to see the doc. 

Rosie - I'm impressed with all of your "martha stewart" entertaining skills!  And sending you lots of hugs too.  I hope the RE appointment goes well and you'll get a plan in place, too.  Thanks for asking about the pregnancy.  I just started my third trimester, and to be honest, it's been a rough week - due to some hip and back issues, I can barely walk.  This, too, shall pass.  Then I can go back to the easy pregnancy I'd been having up to this point (hopefully).   As for name, we don't know yet.  We've gotten the middle and last name, still working on the first.  My doctor told me we have until a week after he's born, so no rush!  ;)

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#378 of 379 Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 AM

Boots, that dust storm is craaaaazy.  I saw the story on CNN about it and it looks like something from the apocalypse.  The feelings you wrote about hit me close to home.  I feel the same kind of feeling even thought we haven't done fertility testing (yet).  I am the overly-stressed one and I worry too much.  DH could handle a problem much better than I could.  I love that you "pretend post" to the boards while you're at your appointments! 

Rosie, you are my inspiration!  I love that you are the hostess with the mostess.  We need pictures of your latest dinner party!!  I'm totally going to steal your ideas.  You said you had a French meal, and I'd love to know your menu.  :)  French cooking is not my strongest area... I can manage a decent quiche and a few pastries, but that's where it stops. 

Taxi, I'm happy to see you back.  :)  I hope you and your DH were able to re-charge a bit and heal from everything you've been through.  Didn't it take Celine Dion several tries with IVF to get her twins?  And she's in her forties.  I know you will get pregnant and be an incredible mother.  This experience (for all of us, actually) will make us better people, and better parents.  I have to believe that. 

Jessie, welcome!  Sorry AF visited you, but now you have these wonderful ladies here to help you through the next cycle!  :)

Lilac, I'm in the same boat with the terrible AF after stopping BC.  It's so much worse now that (a) I'm 30 and (b) I'm off the BC.  Part of my motivation for wanting to be pregnant is so I can miss AF for a few months--ha!

AFM, I O'd yesterday and my temp rose today, hooray!  We BD's yesterday and the day before, and might try to do it again today just to be sure.  This morning I was overcome with gratitude that I even get to travel this journey to motherhood, no matter how difficult it seems.  I have many friends who are searching for a husband or partner.  Other people in my life are fighting cancer and disease.  My sister wants another baby but has major thyroid issues that only appeared a few months ago---and now another pregnancy is out of her future (for the time being) while she experiences her gorgeous dark hair falling out in clumps and a complete loss of energy.  For one woman I know, she desperately wants a baby but her husband is out of work, and they have no insurance.  It's all so difficult.  It's almost too much. 

So I'm going to try and be positive and grateful for what I do have---a body that (mostly) works for me, and a husband that wants a baby too.  We have good insurance, and we have access to some of the best medical care in the world.  Patience is NOT my strong area, but I know that if we wait patiently, we will all hold a baby in our arms someday. 

Me (32) and DH (30) welcomed our precious baby boy 1/2013... life is good.

#379 of 379 Old 07-06-2011, 10:11 AM

I have the new July thread up and running.  Check it out.

July Bajingo Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page