June 30-Somethings TTC #1 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 379 Old 06-10-2011, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Taxi - You make me biglaugh.gifwith all the Martha Stewart talk.  Let me know how snoop's brownie receipe turns out for you.  ;)  Good luck with the transfer this weekend!!  If there are a whole bunch that made it through, will you go for three instead of two??  After the transfer, when will test-date be?  I can't wait to celebrate your BFP very soon!!! 

As for the cell phone info - good stuff to know!  When we were TTC, I wouldn't let DH sit with the laptop in his lap, but the cell phone never crossed my mind.  After doing some recent reading and research, I've changed my cell phone habits too.  I was bad for driving with my cell phone in my lap (and I drive up two to four hours every day).  Now it stays in the passenger seat, and I try not to talk on it without the bluetooth.  And I won't sit with the laptop in my lap anymore, either - gotta protect my munchkin.  Might not be a bad idea for everyone - no need to be zapping those eggs! 

I hope all you teachers are enjoying a well deserved break - there's a bunch of you, I would list you all, but I'm sure I'd miss someone.  Take some time this summer to do something kind for yourself! 

Caly - SAFE TRAVELS!!!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 379 Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 PM

#123 of 379 Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 PM

Thanks ladies blowkiss.gif

I'm in a bit of shock... I had to rush home and look at my stick and my chart again to be sure that I hadn't imagined it. Marc is so cute and sweet about the news.... he's already talking to my belly. He is also doing a bunch of internet research and is looking for a good daddy forum. Let me know if you've heard of any.

Can't type long... friends are coming over for dinner. I just wanted to say hello... and thank you. You ladies have been so supportive for so long and I really appreciate this group. luxlove.gif

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#124 of 379 Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Oh, wow!  Tickletoes, Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you.  I'm hoping all the stickiness in the world for your little one.

joy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifthumbsup.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#125 of 379 Old 06-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:

Pitch, I'm really disappointed to hear that you do not have a vinegar closet.  Of course I have one, it's right next to the bbq sauce closet which is next to the the souffle pan cabinet and crafting aisle at Michaels.  Of course, the scrapbooking den is out in the barn with the Alpacas.  Now I must go do my yoga before I make blueberry strussel waffles for my DH but before I can do that I need to speak to snoop about those pot brownies.. I'll need to relax this weekend.  

This is the BEST EVER. :)

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#126 of 379 Old 06-11-2011, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

exciting times!  After seeing tickletoes overlay of charts from FF, I decided to play a bit with my own.  There was one data point I discarded on last month's chart that made my LP 12 days instead of 9 so now my predicted AF will start on Wednesday June 15, and not tomorrow.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  It is so exciting to see someone get a BFP!  Taxlady, I hope there are some eggies to transfer tomorrow and that they stick!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#127 of 379 Old 06-11-2011, 05:21 PM

joy.gif  Congratulations Tickletoes!!!!!  that's awesome news!!

I haven't been on here in a little bit, and it's always great to see someone get a BFP!

Taxi - I hope everything goes well tomorrow.  I have a good feeling about this cycle for you.

Cath and Rosie - If you have a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner near you, I would definitely get DH to visit.  My DH was given 2 different supplements to take (9405 and Prost-Orch) and his SA results improved dramatically.  His results are great now (but I'm still not pregnant, although it's only been 2 cycles since the results, so hopefully we'll get there soon!).

I am 10 DPO, and tested this morning, but it was negative.  Plus I feel totally normal, so don't imagine this month will be it.  I have an appointment on Wednesday to look into doing IUI.

Hi to everyone.  Caly, hope you have a great reunion.  Boots, great to hear you sounding so upbeat.

#128 of 379 Old 06-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxlady View Post

Pitch, I'm really disappointed to hear that you do not have a vinegar closet.  Of course I have one, it's right next to the bbq sauce closet which is next to the the souffle pan cabinet and crafting aisle at Michaels.  Of course, the scrapbooking den is out in the barn with the Alpacas.  Now I must go do my yoga before I make blueberry strussel waffles for my DH but before I can do that I need to speak to snoop about those pot brownies.. I'll need to relax this weekend.  

ROTFLMAO.gif :breathe: ROTFLMAO.gif :breathe: ROTFLMAO.gif :breathe: ROTFLMAO.gif

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#129 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 06:34 AM

Lilac - the chart overlays are fun and they helped me figure out my patterns. Sending baby dust your way... also to Boggles!

And Taxi! Good luck today!

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

#130 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 06:52 AM

Tickle: I told Dh that there aren't any good men's forums out there so he's been trying to prove me wrong for a week now, with no luck. Let me know if your Dh does find something. I think its such a shame that there aren't really a lot of good places for men to look up stuff. You know I pretty sure they have questions and worries and emotions toowinky.gif

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#131 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 AM

TT - Are you telling people early or waiting a while? So happy for you! Your chart overlays were really cool to look at. Eight or so charts with temps dropping at the last day and then this one was so clearly different…looked really obvious!

Hykue - How does your garden grow? I'd love a farm update. :)

Taxi - *Fingers crossed* :) PUPO time!

I'll third a request for a post about a good men's forum. DH is a forum-goer, but not for this so far. I have NO idea how he feels about the SA results. He just seems to have a non-reaction. I don't want to push him to give me a reaction, but I'm not sure whether it's just his normal stoicism or if he's suppressing thoughts. ???

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#132 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 11:16 AM

HURRAH TickleToes!!!!!!!!!!!!!  joy.gif

I'm also doing a fly-by post since today's my anniversary (hip hip!), and may I just say, I love everyone here.  I'm feeling so much more positive and upbeat ever since joining this forum because I see others walking through this TTC journey with so much grace and sass.  I love it. 

Taxi, you're right about the vinegar closet, I should be ashamed of myself!  (And I call myself a Martha Wannabe...disgraceful.)  Seriously though, I was wiping tears away because your post made me laugh so much.  I hope your kids inherit your sense of humor.  :)  Sending positive vibes and tons of Baby Dust your way today!!  How exciting!!!!

I'm 4 dpo and feeling okay. Summer's here!!  DH is taking me on a drive in the country to pick wildflowers.  smile.gif  Then we're coming back home to eat a piece of our de-frosted wedding cake.  Did anyone else save a bit of wedding cake and freeze it?  Anyone?  Anyone?  ....Bueller?  Bueller?  I'm a sentimental fool.  ;)

Me (32) and DH (30) welcomed our precious baby boy 1/2013... life is good.

#133 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Congrats Tickletoes!  I haven't been on in a few days because my mom has been here and I saw 40 new posts and knew something had to be good with someone!  I am so happy for you girl!  Have you picked out a midwife or Dr yet?  I love my midwives if you want me to pm you where I go. 

Things are doing good here feeling the baby move around more and more.  Every midwife appt I have they tell me it is very active.  Tomorrow finally is my 20 week u/s and I get to take a look at the babe.  Hopefully find out the sex.  Then I plan on doing some more knitting.  I have been getting back into it.  I made some booties the other day and they were so damn cute.  I have so much yarn to use up so I don't even have to spend any money.  I will probably get some rainbow yarn though to make something special because this is my rainbow baby.

Good luck to those in the TWW.  I know it can be hellish but stick in there.  Much love to all of you.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#134 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 12:27 PM

DH hasn't found a forum yet, but he's still looking. I'll let you know if he's successful. There just isn't much support out there for the men. I've had "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" for years (bought it for research in a child development class) and pulled it out the other night for us to read together (his idea!). The poor guy found all the dad tips to be so patronizing and not applicable to our relationship... one of the first tips was along the lines of "Vacuum the house and do the dishes more often." Of the two of us, he does the majority of the housekeeping... I do not make a good housewife! So I poked around Amazon today and ordered http://www.amazon.com/Expectant-Father-Advice-Dads-Be/dp/0789205386 to give him on Father's Day. From the previews on Amazon, it looks to be pretty decent... I hope it is.

We are only telling a small handful of people for now. I already told one co-worker. I figured someone at work needs to know/understand where I'm at right now... making sure I can get away to pee, handling insect repellent for me, etc. I asked her to keep it quiet for now. We're going to tell a couple we are close to who have been TTC for a while. They've been through a lot - got their BFP after close to two years of trying and then miscarried a few months ago. We'll be spending a week with them at their beach house soon (around the time when morning sickness will likely be a beast) and want to give them time to adjust to the news. We're going to see him tomorrow for dinner and tell him then (she's out of town). I think she's about two weeks behind me cycle wise, but I'm not sure. I don't want to break the news to her on a day that will hit her the hardest (if AF comes), so I was thinking of asking her husband to help us time our announcement sensitively.

I will tell my best friend... although I feel kind of weird about it. Somehow, this journey between marriage and conceiving seems to have built a gap in our friendship. I think I hesitate to tell her because it will just make us that much more different. But I can't not tell her right away, that is too weird.

I have a feeling we will tell his parents sooner than we'd like. They notice things.... and it will be really hard to hide it from them. They took us out to see a play for our anniversary last night and packed a picnic lunch. Just about everything there was to eat is food that I should/want to avoid now. Salads from Wendy's with blue cheese in them, processed meat, wine, tons of candy. We'll see how long we can hold off telling them!

Happy anniversary, Pitchournette! Enjoy your wildflower picking :)

#135 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 12:30 PM

Tank! I'm so glad you posted... I'm at a loss with the doctor/midwife choices at the moment! Sending you a PM in a few. blowkiss.gif

#136 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Pitchounette - Happy anniversary! I didn't save our cake…there weren't any pieces left by the time someone thought to grab one. It was *really* yummy cake. The wildflowers trip sounds lovely. :) Oh, and I have a vinegar and oil cabinet, does that count or must it be floor to ceiling?

tank - Are you gonna find out the gender and tell us about it? What's Taxi's prediction?

Tickle - Hopefully your best friend will come around. Sorry that it's a bit of a wedge. I was so upset when I heard that smoked meats are on the no-no list for pregnancy foods. I LOVE my charcuterie, not to mention brie, goat cheese, and any other number of soft cheese that make up a small but important part of my diet. I don't know how I'll cope. Of course, there are women who drink raw milk throughout their pregnancy, but I guess it all comes down to how well you can know or trust the source and handling of the food. In any case, it's a problem I hope I have soon! Do you have any cravings yet?

#137 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Pitchounette - I forgot to say that we didn't save our cake. I was too afraid that it would get freezer burn and would taste icky after a year. So we ate it right up after the wedding yummy.gif

Rosie - I think things will work out with my friend with a little time and effort. Part of the distancing is my fault. She doesn't particularly want kids, so can't really relate to my desires. It was hard to explain to her my choices to stop drinking and taking certain meds when I first started TTC (she thought I was going overboard)... I didn't share as much with her after that. Then, when I told her I thought I was miscarrying back in November, her response was that I was stressing myself out too much with trying to get pregnant. She wasn't able to be at all comforting or supportive. I don't think she really understood what I was going through until much later when I happened to bring up a doctor visit that confirmed the miscarriage, but by then it was a bit late and I had stopped talking to her about TTC altogether. And then we've both just been very busy on top of it and haven't spent as much time together as we used to. I think its fixable, we just need to work on it.

The soft cheeses are what I am missing the most. I LOVE them. So far I have been craving raw carrots. That's it really. Oh... and I've had one aversion and it made me very, very sad. I bought a big pumpkin chocolate chip muffin to eat as part of my breakfast on Friday, but took one bite and immediately put it down. It's my favorite muffin in the whole world and a rare treat that I indulge in. It didn't appeal at all, in fact, I thought it was gross. greensad.gif

#138 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

RosieL.. I think we'll give you a pass on only having a cabinet of vinegar... as long as you also have dedicated area for canning and pickling.  thumb.gif

My wedding cake is in my aunt's freezer.. it's now almost 3 years old. We had ice cream cake to serve and a cutting cake for show.  The top of the cutting cake is at her house and I can't eat cake - because I'm gluten and cow's milk free.

Happy Anniversary to Pitch and TT! 

So, I'm PUPO with quadruplets now.. ugh.. I'm stressed because we had lost a few a more and the doctor said the chance of all four implanting would be rare.  I just don't understand this process.

Tankerino.. do you want my prediction?  (I never predict unless given permission).

xoxoxoxoxox

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#139 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 03:33 PM

Wow..."relax" is a common response to not getting pregnant right away, but kinda heartless in the face of a miscarriage! It sounds like your friend is so far removed from what you're doing in your life that she's lost the ability to empathize like a normal friend. That's hard, really hard, on a friendship. But it's not fatal. I hope she comes around, and realizes that this is just where your life is going to go. I was worried about TTC discussions with one friend who's probably not going to ever have kids of her own. Now, while I do tell her what's going on, I don't really talk about TTC with her and it's refreshing. I need to remind myself not to be consumed wholly by TTC!

#140 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Ah, the "who to tell" list.  DH and I have been talking a little about that.  I am not much good at keeping secrets and when I get pregnant I will be so excited I am not sure I will wait very long to tell the people I love the most - my mom, DH's parents, our siblings, my aunts and uncles, some cousins I am close to, and then some really good friends.  Telling coworkers, well, I am not sure I want to do that until it is getting close to being obvious but if morning sickness is an issue, well there might not be anyway around it.  Last year I already had a female coworker come up to me and say, "so and so student says your pregnant.  he says he just knows you are and that he has guessed the last 2 pregnancies of teachers before they announced it."  Well, at that point I was still on BCPs and certainly wasn't pregnant.  Funny thing is, this kid's mom is one of my best friends in the town I live in - she made my wedding dress for me - and he will probably know I am expecting before the other kids at school because I will tell his mom.

Cake, ah, yeah, I don't like cake.  We had cupcakes at my wedding because I didn't want anyone to be saddled with "cutting" for several hundred people (350 rsvped, 225 showed up).  Yikes lots of left over cupcakes.  They were creamsicle flavored - vanilla cake with orange flavoring and orange flavored icing.  They were yummy!  We had a 9 inch cake that we "cut" for photos and it was frozen while we went on our honeymoon.  We ate bits of it for a week or so when we got back since I didn't want freezer burned cake either.  I think I might order a dozen of the cupcakes she made us last year for our anniversary.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#141 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 07:02 PM

Taxlady you predicted girl a while back.  I will let you all know if she is right tomorrow after my appointment!   Everyone seems to think it is a girl but who knows.  Got a 50/50 chance.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#142 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Ugh, crampy in my back and somewhat feels like AF coming but no spotting.  I guess I will wait and see.  I had fun changing my signature.  I found a sewing and crocheting smiley and a geek smiley.  The sperm headed for the egg that makes a baby is a cute smiley too.

#143 of 379 Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 PM

I'm glad it is a new week, ladies.  Last week was rough.  I just finished a three week luteal phase.  So much for that two-week wait, I waited three.  It is tricky with PCOS.  Sometimes ovulation predictor tests don't work.  Sometimes early pregnancy tests don't work.  At the end of it all, I got my period and that is the ultimate indicator (that or a baby that pops out forty weeks later).  So, I'm glad that it is a new week and I can look forward.  I also plan on drinking a massive amount of coffee because I love it and I have weeks (or months) to wait until I ovulate again.  Coffee, ho!

Congrats to the expecting ladies!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#144 of 379 Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 AM

Hello everyone! 

I'd love to join this thread as I'm also 30-something (31) and ttc baby #1. DH (35) and I have been married almost 4 years and started ttc in January 2011. We've been ready for a few years but I'm still finishing my PhD so we've had to put it off for a while. I assumed when we started that it would happen in the first few months (I'm sure everyone does), so didn't really do anything major but making sure to BD around the right time. Now that it's been a while I've started charting (this is my first cycle) and I'm really curious to see what I find out. As of today I'm on CD 14 of a 27 day cycle, with no shift yet, so it looks like I might be ovulating later than I thought I was. I'm not on FF, so I can't link to my chart, but I'll have a look and maybe sign up to it.

I'm originally from California, but now live on the lovely island of Tasmania, in Australia after spending the last 10 years outside the US in various places. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and becoming part of a supportive online community for the ttc journey and beyond.

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

#145 of 379 Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Welcome, Chapluqa!

Krunch, you have a great attitude.caffix.gif I love coffee, too. However after an extended illness this winter (That this wonderful group let me while about a lot) I switched to green tea in the mornings teapot2.GIF and I haven't really gotten back into coffee. It still perks me right up to smell it, though!

Hey grads: val, birdie, and hykue et. al, glad to see you here to support dear Jessy and her awesome news! We stillheart.gif you all and are glad you're hanging out together in the grads thread!

Tickletoes, love.gif We're all still dancing for you, lady! Hope you're feeling great! That quadruple baby shower must've had something in the punch ;)

Caly, I hope you are enjoying your reunion, IF you now what I mean. winky.gif haha, No srsly. ;)

Lilac, still hope for you! dust.gif

Rosie, I just wanted to take this oppurtunity to tell you that you're awesome. Thanks for all the help you give everyone on this thread (especially moi) We are lucky to have you! kid.gif

Taxi, Imma email you. (Haha, as an English teacher, the subject-verb hybrid "imma" cracks me up) moon.gif

RE: Telling. I am not usually a very private person, but I think I learned early-on that telling people about TTC is not the best idea for me. My two team teachers at school know, and they bring it up fairly often and I think you all know there are some days you'd rather not have it mentioned. I also have told another friend because she tried for 2 years, so I figure she's a good resource. My family doesn't really know, although I hinted to my grandma. My grandma is 93 and one of the very most important people in my life. I really want to have a baby while she is still with us. :( The upside is that grandma is doing well, still living independently. I am off to spend 10 days with her on 6/19. Huz is really not open with his family or friends about these things, and I think the one friend he would tell is going through a rough time financially right now, and we know they want to have kids. So we don't think it's prudent to mention it just now.

I know telling when you get a BFP is a whole other ballgame!

I am still struggling to stay positive. I have no real idea what is going on with how my body is reacting to the metformin. As a refresher, I just had a 19-day cycle after a 42-day cycle. Crazytown. Also, I am leaving so soon I think we are out for this month until the meds REALLY shorten my cycle. 6/19 is CD 15 for me. I usually O around CD 19. But I will pee on some OPKs later this week, here's hoping.

Hopefully we will have SA test done and results by the time I return on July 1.

Oh hey, I won a big prize at the National Board conference last Thursday! A three-day retreat in Tubac in January. (had to look that one up, I'm such a Phoenican). It's actually great peace of mind. For those of you who don't know, the National Board Certification process for teachers is pretty intense, 4 "portfolio entries" that require tons of writing, student work, video tape, etc. Plus a big test at the end. I can always remind myself that I will have this free working weekend to work with experts to help with my stuff. Cool!

Do you have time to waste? You probably don't, unless you're a teacher on vacation ;)  But one of my huge guilty pleasures while TTC has been baby names (I think we've had this conversation before). I have a list at babynames.com but what I do that drives huz TOTALLY nuts is watch their youtube channel, featuring a very syrupy sweet Canadian girl who loves to talk about names. It's really fun, actually. :) I love to play pretend.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnastasiaRuby

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#146 of 379 Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 AM

Hi everyone!!!  A little bit, and I mean little bit, of progress here....I'm 8dpo (which by itself is lovely) and my temp is still up.  This time last month I'd already dropped, and the month before I had already started.  Progress is progress, and I'll take it.  I don't feel different, but I don't feel like AF is coming, either, so I'll take that, too.  smile.gif

Busy weekend here.....we're renovating our house so that's always on the agenda and this weekend my stepdaughter had a dance recital.  Anyone been to one of those lately?  Can anyone tell me why 10 yeah old little girls need to wear fishnet stockings and shake things they don't have yet????  Ugh.  At one of her competitions I saw a bunch of (found out later were) 5 year olds wearing aforementioned fishnets paired with black and lime green spandex, bare midriff, lots of bootie and nonexistent boob shaking.  jaw2.gif  Seriously people?

A therapist (34) married an engineer (37) 10/10.  Expecting our first around the first of March 2012.   Mother to a 7yo dog2.gif, stepmomma to a 10yo awesome and hilarious girl.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**3rdtri.gif36***40**

#147 of 379 Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 AM

Welcome chapluqa! Your story sounds pretty familiar. DH and I got married 3.5 years ago, started TTC Jan 2011, I've been ready for a few years but we were waiting for his comfort and to get into this house. I'm two semesters into my PhD at a business school. Today I'm CD 22 of a 33ish day cycle, no shift yet. Uncanny! I don't, however, live in Tasmania. What has brought you all over the world? Do we have military bases in Taz?

Welcome again. As we like to say, I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

Boots - luxlove.gif Thanks. I feel pretty lucky to have you guys and this thread. Congrats on the retreat!!! That's a pretty cool prize. I'm going to have to put off opening that babyname youtube link…DH will think I'm nuts.

Hokievol - woohoo for the progress, and YES I think it's ridiculous 10 year olds and shaking their prepubescent selves everywhere. Who is choreographing this stuff?!? Reminds me of Little Miss Sunshine. If you haven't seen it, that's definitely worth a Netflix rental.

AFM - Where is O? I'm not too too concerned, since I got a slight darkening from my OPK yesterday, but that was the last one! I keep forgetting to check CM, so I'm just going to BD e/o day until temp rise. I asked DH to schedule his second SA for this week and he said "Have you O'd?"...no..."Well then no way! I have to abstain for three days. You have to O first." Yay! He's paying attention. 

#148 of 379 Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 AM

Welcome chapluqa!  This is a great group and I hope you enjoy your time here.  As others have said, we all hope your stay is short.  Congrats on your charting.  It has helped me to see the trends if nothing else and hopefully my O date is being correctly predicted. I am now 11 DPO and my temp is still up.  No spotting this morning and the crampy feeling is gone.  I had to laugh at my DH this morning - "Well maybe you just had the tweezles last night."  The "tweezles" are any illness/pain that isn't explained.  Yep, maybe I had the tweezles, lol.

#149 of 379 Old 06-13-2011, 07:49 AM

Boots, This is good to hear! I just finished the longest cycle, ever.  I really hope that the metformin will shorten my cycle AND increase my cervical mucous.  That would be really exciting!  I can relate, though.  The unpredictability of the cycle makes it super hard to do the thing (that being sex) at the right time.  I'm just going to put it out there - having sex every other day for two months straight is exhausting.

Quote:

I am still struggling to stay positive. I have no real idea what is going on with how my body is reacting to the metformin. As a refresher, I just had a 19-day cycle after a 42-day cycle. Crazytown. Also, I am leaving so soon I think we are out for this month until the meds REALLY shorten my cycle. 6/19 is CD 15 for me. I usually O around CD 19. But I will pee on some OPKs later this week, here's hoping.

Welcome Chapluqa! I also am trying to finish my dissertation.  We were also ready to have a baby a while ago, but I thought it best not to stew our baby in a pool of stress hormones.  Especially when a mainstream magazine published a piece about stress and babies.  Egad!  Here's the link to the book that was the basis for the article:

http://www.amazon.com/Origins-Months-Before-Birth-Shape/dp/0743296621/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285546656&sr=8-1

Happy Monday, ladies!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#150 of 379 Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 AM

Tickle: let me know if your Dh enjoys the book. We've read some from the library, but thought they were outdated for modern couples. Its funny you mentioned vacuuming and dishes because those have always been Dhs domain, no way am I lugging our vacuum up and down stairs. The only thing I'm really avoiding is seafood which is my love in life. I don't eat much meat besides fish so its been tough, I've been living on granola bars and soup.

Taxi: fingersx.gif for your eggies. Try to stay positive, all you need is a little fighter egg!

Lilac: Hopefully it is just the tweezles! In our house unexplained illness is "sicky tummy", It's something I always said to the dog when she puked so now I can tell her I have sicky tummy and she won't bounce all over me.

Kruchy: Aww that's rough. I only have one tube so I never knew when I was going to O either and know that's a pain, but yay for coffee!

Chapluqa: Welcome! Oh I'm so very jealous of you being in Tasmania. We spent a month down in OZ and loved it. My dh has been trying to figure out how to move there, but the jobs in his field are mostly in Alice Springs which just doesn't sound that fun to live in.

Boots: Yay for your National Board conference award!

Hokie: Slow and steady wins the race! and OMG I totally hear you about the kids. I have some books written from a humorous southern perspective and the title of one is "Stop dressing your 6 year old like a skank"

As for when to tell people....Well since I had to spend a couple of days in the hospital after the ectopic everyone pretty much knows we're trying so this time I just went ahead and told everyone. It's kind of liberating. 

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page