Nursing Mamas TTC June - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2011, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a smiley face on my opk this morning and my ic opk is positive too... I just hope my lp improves over last time it was 3 days after o that af showed. I started taking b6 and a b complex so I really hope this works...

2011-06-30054052.jpg

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post

Your body could be in a hormonal shift right now. With my first 3 births i was like clockwork and once my PPAF returned it never fluctauted. But this time, it's crazy. So maybe you're body is just switching it up or you had a late implanter and could be pregnant? I'd think that maybe you didn't drop the egg

So that would mean an ectopic? I think I will call the Dr today b/c it is still not here and I am worried...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 06-30-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

So that would mean an ectopic? I think I will call the Dr today b/c it is still not here and I am worried...

I took what Aka Mommy said to mean you might not have Oed after all.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
Old 06-30-2011, 07:30 AM

Sorry, I haven't mastered sharing my chart!  Still fertil but FF isn't declaring ovulation yet.  For the first time aver my DD didn't ask to nurse last night, so this is the longest stretch we have gone without nursing...almost 48 hours.  It is such a strange feeling...freeing, yet sad that she is growing up so fast.

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just wanted to check in here since it's been a few days.  I am happy to read up on everyone's status--even though for alot of us there is alot of mystery and unknowns--for sure!

Finishing up my 2nd PPAF today on day 6.   Something that is different this time around is I've had two days during AF with EWCM.  Huh.  Also, yesterday, a deep O-like pain on my (r) side several times and today the same on my (l) side.  Guess I should be taking an OPK vs. preg. test!  I just can't imagine O'ing this early.  What do you all think?

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 06-30-2011, 02:56 PM

OK AF finally came (4 days late) but I am glad it came anyways. Now we will try for next month...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 06-30-2011, 05:21 PM
JMJ

sraplayas, I had EWCM in my early PPAF's as well.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:41 PM

Can I be moved to the 2ww please.....joy.gif

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 PM

Getting caught up on here and wishing you all well!

AF was due today and still no sign of it; feeling just like I did before my BFP with DD.  Planning on a birthday morning POAS tomorrow! thumbsup.gif

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

Old 06-30-2011, 10:18 PM

Bugglette: I hope that means you O soon! Good luck catching the egg!

Cellist: I did get pregnant twice without detecting my surge! Unfortunately bot m/c but my cm was always the best indicator of O. I hope the epts work well for you if you need them.

Ava's Mama: I bet you'll get your temp rise soon. I can imagine going that long without nursing would bring mixed feelings hug2.gif

littlestinkers: Happy 2WW!

mamathomas: I look forward to hearing about your BFP! You share a birthday with Canada :)

Afm: Low, low, low on the monitor and just the smallest amount of ewcm (too little to count I reckon). CD17. C'mon body, you're supposed to be O'ing earlier this cycle! Not later! I am getting some of the pre O cramping I get so hopefully it's right around the corner.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 07-01-2011, 05:56 AM

Carmen, yeah, I would guess reading your own "signs" would work pretty well...and you're a good example that it works!  I sort of "shot in the dark" when I got pregnant with my DS.  I had finally decided to start charting and....never got a chance to get a bunch of cycles charted to see what was going on with me!  This time, I'm just about to buy OPKs once I get AF...maybe my body will save me some $$?  LOL

sraplayas, could you possibly be having menstrual cramps?  I know it's pretty late to have them, but after you have a baby, they can feel a lot different and/or more intense.  Mine do feel kind of different. 

mamathomas...crossing fingers for you.  Will your birthday be a bummer if you don't get a BFP?  Maybe wait until the day after...??  In any case, we can't wait to hear what you find out!

I'm on 8 DPO.  At this point in my last cycle, I was about to have AF the next day.  I really really hope we can get at least a 10-11 day LP this time.  Looks like we will if my body will cooperate, because I O'd 2 days earlier than last cycle.

Did I tell you guys that my DH got the new job!!???  Less money for us, but mentally better for him.  He will hopefully feel less stressed, work WAY fewer hours, have weekends off, actually be appreciated for his work.  He will be working for the same place as me, but doing a much different function.  Can't WAIT for him to feel how much better the work environment is, even if we do make less and spend more on health insurance.  It will be worth it, because it is enough, even if it's not enough for a bunch of "extras". :)

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 AM

I GOT A BFP!!!!!!! joy.gif

My bladder was about to explode around 6AM so hubby and I snuck into the bathroom.  Yay!!! 

Obviously it's still so, so early but we are really excited!

******* sticky/healthy/happy vibes  goodvibes.gif *******

I'll be sticking around for a while to see how you are all doing.  Best of luck to each one of you ladies!

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 AM
JMJ

Congratulations, mamathomas!!!  And Happy Birthday!  That's the best birthday present of all!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

mamathomas, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!    joy.gif  With my DS, I had found out I was pregnant on my birthday, too (40th).  What a sweet birthday surprise!!!!!!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 07-01-2011, 01:21 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, mamathomas!!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Cellist: Congrats on your DH's new job...sounds like a great change for your family!
mamathomas: I KNEW you were pregnant lol joy.gif Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!!

Afm: CD18 with high on the monitor and some ewcm this morning! We will probably do 2 inseminations again this cycle, likely one tomorrow and then one Sunday or Monday. I still don't have a positive opk but I'm guessing it will be positive tomorrow.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Congrats mamathomas and happy birthday too! love.gif

AFM, CD11 and starting to have really slippery CM and a soft, open cervix also. Seems strange since I ovulated on CD21 the last 2 cycles but I'll take it! Sure makes the wait to POAS shorter. :)

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:50 PM

Congratulations, mamathomas! and happy birthday to you!

I went to my first nurse in today!  The bus company was really cool, and provided water, snacks, and an air-conditioned bus for everyone...  I'm the one all the way on the left in the first picture, holding an overwhelmed dd.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110701/NEWS03/110701023/Dozens-gather-nurse-promote-breast-feeding

I still don't know if I o'd, I think maybe my vitex caused my temp to be screwy?  This the second cycle on it...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/202d6d]My Ovulation Char

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Congrats, mamathomas!  :D :D :D

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Nice, marmo! Love the nurse-in, love the photo!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmo View Post

Congratulations, mamathomas! and happy birthday to you!

I went to my first nurse in today!  The bus company was really cool, and provided water, snacks, and an air-conditioned bus for everyone...  I'm the one all the way on the left in the first picture, holding an overwhelmed dd.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110701/NEWS03/110701023/Dozens-gather-nurse-promote-breast-feeding

I still don't know if I o'd, I think maybe my vitex caused my temp to be screwy?  This the second cycle on it...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/202d6d]My Ovulation Char

Fun! I've always wanted to go to one of those!

If your temp stays up I would say you O'd yesterday...but your cm doesn't seem to line up with that.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 AM

Marmo, cool article!  Sounds like something we would do here in Madison, WI. ;)

Carmen, thanks. :)  Good luck with this weekend.

I actually have made it to 9 dpo with no AF; a new PP record for me.  Just need to wait about, what 5 more days, before I should bother testing?  aaccchghhghhhh.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Way to goMarmo! Thanks for sharing!

Still waiting to O here. No sight of it in sight...

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
Old 07-03-2011, 07:11 AM

Well, one way or the other, this is going to go down as a pivotal month.  I have at least 10 day LPs back!!  YAY!

I took a HPT this morning and it was BFN, but I looked at other charts, and some people do get BFNs at 10 DPO and BFPs at 11 or 12.  My first pregnancy was SO screwed up in terms of timing and stuff that I really have nothing to compare it to.

What is everyone doing for their long weekend?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamathomas View Post

I GOT A BFP!!!!!!! joy.gif

My bladder was about to explode around 6AM so hubby and I snuck into the bathroom.  Yay!!! 

Obviously it's still so, so early but we are really excited!

******* sticky/healthy/happy vibes  goodvibes.gif *******

I'll be sticking around for a while to see how you are all doing.  Best of luck to each one of you ladies!

Congrats!!!!!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:46 PM

First positive on an opk this morning! (I always get 2 days of positive before O) Still on high on the monitor but thinking it will be peak tomorrow (unless my body is faking me out ;) ). Try #1 this afternoon and probably tomorrow or Tuesday as well :)

As an aside, just wanted to update on night weaning for those of you I was discussing it with....I started explaining to DD (she's 18 month as of last week) when she woke up that the 'milkies' were sleeping so they could make more milk in the morning, etc. etc. She totally got it and as I said before, no freaking out, some fussing and tossing and turning the first couple of nights. Except for one night where she woke up 3 times between 11pm and 5am (but still didn't nurse), she's been sleeping from 10-11pm to 4-5 consistently. Sometimes she wakes up once but just cuddles up (we are still bed sharing) and goes back to sleep. She goes to bed around 8ish and gets up around 8ish...I nurse her on demand before and after the 'sleeping milkie' time and during the day.

Her behaviour hasn't changed during the day so she seems fine with it. I'm SO relieved. I hope it sticks when I go back to work next week (after 18 months off....). I can't believe I made it through months and months of 30-90 minute wake ups.

ETA: congrats on the longer LP, cellist!!

Old 07-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just wanted to check in and say, "hi" in July. :)

Hanging out waiting to O.....

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 07-04-2011, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
marmo, love the pic! Too cool! smile.gif

Cellist, yay for a LP long enough for implantation!! My third pregnancy I tested negative at 9, 10 AND 11 dpo before finally getting a BFP at 12dpo!

AFM, wish me luck as I move to the 2ww!! I got a super positive OPK this morning and had awesomely stretchy EWCM all day and we dtd tonight! The one thing I'm concerned about is the fact that I o'ed at CD21 the last 2 cycles (my only 2 so far) and today I'm only CD14... even before and between babies I usually O around CD19 or 20 and have a 33 or 34 day cycle! Trying to think positive! Maybe it's because ds has been sleeping like a dream and the birth storms have passed. smile.gif

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:52 AM

Hi everyone, FF finally gave my cross hairs!  Here is my chart: [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32d812/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] 

So, according to this I am 5DPO and we DTD on the day of and two days prior to ovulation.  Now...since I don't know when my period should be (this is my first cycle post miscarriage), I don't know when the right time to take a HPT would be.  What should I do?

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 AM
JMJ

Ava's Mama, IMHO, how long your LP is has very little to do with when you can start testing, as much as FF will tell you otherwise.  Most people will get a BFP by about 14 DPO.  Some will get it earlier, some won't be able to get it later, but having a 10 day LP does not make it any more likely that you'll get a BFP at 10 DPO, and having a 16 day LP doesn't make it any more likely that you'll have to wait 16 days for your BFP.  It just makes it more likely that you are pregnant if AF doesn't show up when she normally does.

User Tag List