Nursing Mamas TTC June - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 340 Old 06-05-2011, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

itsybitsyspider, welcome back and good luck to you!!! :)

naturegirl, I am so sorry.  Perhaps it's not the end yet....?  Let us know how things turn out.

Bugglette, I think you asked me about playing cello.  I do!  I have played since I was 9 years old...so....eek, we're getting dangerously close to 25 years!  I don't play nearly as often now as I did in school, but can pull it out when I want to play with friends or for an orchestra pit for a musical.  DS is not wild about it (not sure what it is about the sound of it?), so I haven't played it much for him.

boomer78, if 78 is your birth year, you and I are the same age.  Good luck to you!  I have had two ppafs and we have been trying for both, so I hear you on being ready for another!!!  I don't know about you, but I do feel like an "old mom" a lot and don't want to be much older before our family feels complete.

jips, nice to see you here...good luck.  We are just starting to TTC #2 and I have always wondered if it would be harder this time...you have support here!!!

AAM: 9 DPO and no AF yet, so that is a good sign as far as LP goes. I don't "feel" pregnant this cycle, so I'm thinking I'm probably not, but YAY for a longer LP!!!!!  If we can go another day or two, it will be long enough, I think right?  I do kind of feel like AF is coming, but I know you can feel that way when you are PG, too....so....half crossing fingers... LOL

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#62 of 340 Old 06-05-2011, 03:38 PM

naturegirl---saying a little prayer for you right now. :)

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#63 of 340 Old 06-05-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cellist View Post

boomer78, if 78 is your birth year, you and I are the same age.  Good luck to you!  I have had two ppafs and we have been trying for both, so I hear you on being ready for another!!!  I don't know about you, but I do feel like an "old mom" a lot and don't want to be much older before our family feels complete.

Cellist, Hi!

Yes, it is my birth year. biggrinbounce.gif  And just like you, I don't want to wait for another baby too long.  I already feel like I should have started so much sooner.  I wish I at least had ONE ppaf.  I was soooo happy not to have had one for so long and now I want it baaaad!  sleepytime.gif   I don't think it's that easy to get pregnant on the first pp ovulation (without a period).  I reduced the number of nursing sessions (sadly I already see a very quick decrease in my supply - never had a problem up until now). 

So good luck to everyone on here!!! goodvibes.gif

Mom to dd born Dec 2009 hearts.gif, our little troublemaker hide.gif . cd.gif hang.gif fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif

#64 of 340 Old 06-05-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer78 View Post

Quote:

Cellist, Hi!

Yes, it is my birth year. biggrinbounce.gif  And just like you, I don't want to wait for another baby too long.  I already feel like I should have started so much sooner.  I wish I at least had ONE ppaf.  I was soooo happy not to have had one for so long and now I want it baaaad!  sleepytime.gif   I don't think it's that easy to get pregnant on the first pp ovulation (without a period).  I reduced the number of nursing sessions (sadly I already see a very quick decrease in my supply - never had a problem up until now). 

So good luck to everyone on here!!! goodvibes.gif

I too was born in 78... wink1.gif

naturegirl--- praying for you please update us when you can... Hugs

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#65 of 340 Old 06-05-2011, 10:27 PM

Still on the roller coaster ride...no bleeding today...I just wish I knew what was going on!

Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers! grouphug.gif

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#66 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 AM

Waiting to O, please.  Damn AF came yesterday.  But hey, at least she's getting more consistent, right?

boomer, littlestinkers, Hey, a bunch of us "old" people here!  Hooray!

naturegirl, still crossing my fingers for your LO...!!!!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#67 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 AM

you can add me to waiting to o. anyone get pos opk for 2 days? and can someone look at my chart, perhaps explain my temps..they are all over the place.smile.gif

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/cbdfb
#68 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 11:00 AM

It's so funny that being born in '78 makes us old.  I have several good friends my age who aren't even close to being ready for motherhood yet.  I think I often feel like I am one of the 'young' moms, but biologically speaking, not so much!

Mommy2LexiLivi--I am no chart expert, but your temp fluctuations don't seem unusual to me.  I occasionally get an outlying temp, but usually have my pre-O temps fall within 4 degrees like yours.  I wonder what your post-O highs will look like?

NatureGirl--Not knowing, I'm sure, is frightening.  I hope for the best for you.

I am 13 dpo and feeling hopeful.  I had some mid-cycle spotting (luteal phase day 3 and 4, and one lighter spot on day 8) which is unusual for me, but I am chalking it up to my first cycle taking Maca.  The thing that has me feeling the most hopeful is that my nipples are terribly sore.  When dd latches on, my toes curl!  I would love to take a test, but am trying to be patient.  After 9 cycles ttc, I know that getting a BFN followed by the arrival of AF is like getting slapped in the face twice.  I prefer just one day of depression, thank you very much!!

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start and thanks for making me feel so welcome!

#69 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeBaby View Post

Well I O'd 3 days ago, so you can add me to the 2ww.

I am pretty frustrated because our timing was bad, only 3 days before O and 1 day after. We had a lot of late bedtimes for dd and one night my dh was unavailable because of his game night. Grrrrr, I am determined that it go better next cycle. At least I O'd on cd 19, which is the earliest yet since dd. Things seem to be getting back on track and I have stopped all the supplements like the vitex, etc.

Congrats to Hildare!

You and I have similar stories this month. I believe I Oed 6 days ago and DH and I BDed 3 days before and the day after if I remember right. shy.gif I should know these things! I guess I'm not obsessing as much as I thought. I can't get to my chart right now b/c DD is nursing and napping in my arms. I am on cd34 today. I hope for the best for both of us, and for us all! DD was conceived by bding 5 days before O and not great mucus!!! :)

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#70 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM

All this talk about feeling like an "old" mom and my BY is '74---I never feel like an old mom :)

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#71 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LexiLivy View Post

you can add me to waiting to o. anyone get pos opk for 2 days? and can someone look at my chart, perhaps explain my temps..they are all over the place.smile.gif

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/cbdfb

Yes, I've gotten a positive OPK two days in a row.  For myself, it seems I ovulate the day following the first positive OPK, but that might not be true for you.  (I have been charting for a couple of years now.)  I utilize the other symptoms I have and charting to pin-point O.  I believe if you're going to O right now (sometimes our body gears to O and doesn't actually O), you will possibly O within 12-48 hours of the first OPK.  I hope this is okay to say (whistling.gif), but if I were you, I would BD or inseminate on the first day of a positive OPK and then the next two days.  I would also continue to chart to ensure I actually O'd based upon temperature and CM changes. 

As for your temperature changes, is this your first chart and/or is this normal for you?  If this is your first chart, it may be normal for you.  Are you waking often in the night?  Are you temping at the same time?  Those things can influence your temperature.  Also, they don't really seem that "off" to me and though mine are typically more "neat", it doesn't really mean a whole lot until you look at your cycle as a whole.  If your temperature increases above the coverline and remains high after O, the fluctuations right now probably mean nothing.  All of that to say, I would continue BDing when you normally would and wait until your cycle is over to analyze the fluctuations and see if there is something that needs to be addressed. 

#72 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Thinking of you, naturegirl! 

Thanks for your support, Bugglette!  It means a lot just to have someone peak at my chart and give me their opinion! 

Please move me to the 2ww! It looks like I o'ed after all!  Actually, I'm 7dpo, I think.  I missed temping this morning because dd was still sleeping and the window was open and the birds were chirping so loudly! :)  I got up and as I was closing the window, I thought 'oh no! I forgot to temp!'

I'm not so sure of our chances, partly because this is the 14th cycle now, and I am less optimistic each month, and partly because I never got a pos. opk and my cm was meh.  I got a dark opk line several days earlier, but they went back to neg.  Anyways, our timing did look good, so we'll see.  

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/202d6d">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#73 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 PM

Sorry about AF, Cellist. Consistency is good though, I would agree.

Mommy2Lexi: I usually get one positive opk then one REALLY positive opk the next day. Temps can be up and down a lot pre-O. And as someone else mentioned, if you are nursing/waking a lot then it can mess with temps a bit too. Hope you catch your O this time!

jips: wow, you are very patient, I totally would have caved in and tested by now ;)

marmo: hooray for O! I agree that it looks like you O'd according to your temps! What time of the day do you test for your opks? When TTC DD I couldn't catch my surge on an opk until I started testing twice a day in order to narrow down a good time to be able to see it. Good luck in your tww :)

Afm: My temps have stayed up and my cm dried up after O this cycle so far. I'm thrilled that I O'd earlier and all my signs lined up, no matter what happens. FF still thinks I'm 5DPO but I'm more inclined to think 4DPO.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#74 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I was born in '78, too, lol.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#75 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I've been following everybody the last few weeks, and read all the posts each day... however, I've got no time to post individual responses because I need to get myself and DS out for a walk before it starts raining... I do have to say, jips comment rings so true to what I feel like, that "getting a BFN followed by the arrival of AF is like getting slapped in the face twice.  I prefer just one day of depression, thank you very much!! """ rin

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#76 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Updated!

naturegirl - hug2.gif  I hope everything is okay and you get the answers you need very soon!

carmen -  I think your chart looks really good!  I agree it looks like you O'd on CD20, as apposed to CD19.  fingersx.gif

itsybitsyspider - WELCOME!!  I'm very sorry for you loss hug2.gif  Good luck with this cycle!

boomer - I hope you get your PPAF soon!

Mommy2LexiLivy - You're temps look absolutely fine for pre-O, you want to look at the general trend of temps and not overanalyze individual temps.  I would say, if your body follows through with O, that you're very likely to see a temp spike tomorrow!  BD like crazy, lady!!

jips - Those all sound like VERY good signs!!  fingersx.gif

texasfarmmom - FYI, when you mention looking at your chart, I expect to also be able to see it, missy!  orngtongue.gif winky.gif But seriously, give me your chart link....I have an addiction.

marmo - Your timing looks VERY good!

AFM:  Today's temp dropped a little and FF MOVED MY O DATE...nearly TWENTY days! irked.gif   i guess it makes sense, if I had actually O'd on CD 33, I'd be 26DPO today, lol (my friend had a BFNs all the way to 32DPO, 15 dyas past expected AF, and she is due in Sept....so i'm still [stupidly] holding on to hope.  I'm not entirely positive that I O'd on this new date FF is giving me, but what do I know? (I was SO SURE that I had O'd on CD 33 because everything lined up).  I guess we'll see....

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

#77 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 06:48 PM

Wow! We just got back into town. Lots to catch up on. 

I was wondering if someone familiar with charting wouldn't mind peeking at my chart. This is my first time charting and temping. DS is a very frequent night-nurser, particularly from 3-4ish until he wakes, but we roll over and go right back to sleep. I've managed to temp within the same 45 minute time frame for the most part. I'm just curious as to the slow temp rise. Is that/can that be normal and still mean I can get preggo? I'm new to TTC since our DS was conceived just as I came off BCP. 

Thanks for the help, ladies! I hope we all have a very successful June. 

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#78 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinsMommy0409 View Post

Wow! We just got back into town. Lots to catch up on. 

I was wondering if someone familiar with charting wouldn't mind peeking at my chart. This is my first time charting and temping. DS is a very frequent night-nurser, particularly from 3-4ish until he wakes, but we roll over and go right back to sleep. I've managed to temp within the same 45 minute time frame for the most part. I'm just curious as to the slow temp rise. Is that/can that be normal and still mean I can get preggo? I'm new to TTC since our DS was conceived just as I came off BCP. 

Thanks for the help, ladies! I hope we all have a very successful June. 

Your chart looks GREAT! A slow rise is nothing to worry about.

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

#79 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM
JMJ

Bugglette, I'm confused.  Why did you take out all those temperatures on your chart?  In any case, I agree with fertility friend that you didn't ovulate before, and I disagree with it now.  I don't think you ovulated now either.  I know that in long cycles where your temp and CM bounce around a lot, there is a theoretical possibility that you could dry up and experience higher temperatures at the same time.  I've just never seen it actually happen that somebody seems so clearly to be post-O for so long and not have it be real.

OdinsMommy, I agree with fertility friend about your O date.  That looks really good for a first chart.

#80 of 340 Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM

I was born in 80, so I'm not that much younger. I really don't feel like an older mom, I feel very much so like an younger mom but probably because I am one of the youngest parents at my dd's school (she'll start 2nd grade next year).

I'm no help in reading charts ladies, sorry. This is my first time ever charting and it frustrates me a lot relying on a computer program as I have a much easier time reading my own body and not 2nd guessing it when FF says NO you didn't O. So I'm backing off of it, still doing it but not obsessing and relying on it as much. It's more so for the Intended parents to be able to see what's going on so they can prepare for when we have to travel for IUIs. I was telling DH how much easier it was for our own 3 when ttc and he agreed. I would say 'hey i'm ovulating (i get back pain from O and loads of EWCM) and we would dtd that night and then for the next 2 nights. I also feel loads of pressure on me as conceiving our own children was very easy and happend with the first cycle for each one. So i feel as if i have to really be on this and not screw up and conceive almost as quickly this time!

I forgot to temp this morning. Well i didn't forget. I was too tired and rolled over to turn my alarm off as all three of my littles decided to sleep in until 8 (they normally wake around 7 which is when my alarm is set). But I did start to get CM today. Watery, so i am thinking i'm going to O earlier. I'm just praying that it either happens before friday or after saturday as my little man's 1st bday party is on saturday (he turns 1 tomorrow!!!).

Keeping all you ladies in the 2ww in my thoughts, sending catch that egg vibes to those waiting to O and hugs to everyone else!!!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#81 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 AM

Thanks, Buglette & JMJ. It's good to have someone agree with FF this first time charting.

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#82 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 AM

Okay, you guys, so the vivid dreams have already started, lol.  Last night, I dreamed that I was taking some HPTs (all in just one single day).  They were coming up negative.  I had a friend coming over and she knew I was taking some tests and was going to help me with them somehow, lol.  Then I noticed that some of the tests (cassette style, like Dollar Tree) already had two super-faint pink lines already on the test, even before I peed on it.  So I started checking out each test and tossing the ones that had those faint lines, thinking it was a manufacturing defect.  My friend saw me doing this, and she stopped me and wanted me to take one of those tests anyway.  So I did, and the two super-faint pink lines both turned very bold and bright.  I took a couple more tests (including some that were not pre-lined, lol) and they were positive too.  Then I remember looking around to find a hiding spot to hide the tests from DH until I could get a picture taken of them, lol.

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#83 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 06:22 AM

Hi There, I haven't posted in this thread for a couple months but I've been lurking...  Got my BFP last night at 11dpo.  Really excited!  For what it's worth, I had been having super short Luteal Phases (6-8 days) and started taking b6 (50 mg/day) two cycles ago, which definitely seemed ed to affect things even the first cycle.  I'm still nursing my 18mo quite a bit and I think that may have been the culprit of the short LPs.

#84 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Congrats, krjt!!!!! jumpers.gif

Were you having symptoms, and that made you decide to test at 11 dpo, or were you just picking that day because it was a few days past your usual LP?  About how many times a day/night were you nursing? 

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#85 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 AM
JMJ

Congratulations, krjt!!!!  That's wonderful.  Happy nine months to you!

#86 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 AM

Yay, krjt!  :D

#87 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 08:35 AM

Yay, krjt! I hope everything goes well for you!

Bugglette, I chart on paper so don't have a link! Sorry! I found an app for my phone and was trying to keep up with both...HA! And, for a while I thought I would do all 3, including FF, just because...not happening. I can barely keep up with one!

JMJ, I hope you don't mind me asking...but do you use the CCL's method for charting? I think someone else on MDC told me you did?

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#88 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 08:49 AM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfarmom View Post

JMJ, I hope you don't mind me asking...but do you use the CCL's method for charting? I think someone else on MDC told me you did?

My training was with TAONFP 4th Edition when the Kippleys were still with CCL.  My method now more closely resembles the Kippleys' new manual with NFPI, but we're still CCL members and have kept up to date with what CCL is doing.

#89 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 AM

Congratulations,  krjt    !!!!!!

#90 of 340 Old 06-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

Okay, you guys, so the vivid dreams have already started, lol.  Last night, I dreamed that I was taking some HPTs (all in just one single day).  They were coming up negative.  I had a friend coming over and she knew I was taking some tests and was going to help me with them somehow, lol.  Then I noticed that some of the tests (cassette style, like Dollar Tree) already had two super-faint pink lines already on the test, even before I peed on it.  So I started checking out each test and tossing the ones that had those faint lines, thinking it was a manufacturing defect.  My friend saw me doing this, and she stopped me and wanted me to take one of those tests anyway.  So I did, and the two super-faint pink lines both turned very bold and bright.  I took a couple more tests (including some that were not pre-lined, lol) and they were positive too.  Then I remember looking around to find a hiding spot to hide the tests from DH until I could get a picture taken of them, lol.

Those are some very vivid dreams!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjt View Post

Hi There, I haven't posted in this thread for a couple months but I've been lurking...  Got my BFP last night at 11dpo.  Really excited!  For what it's worth, I had been having super short Luteal Phases (6-8 days) and started taking b6 (50 mg/day) two cycles ago, which definitely seemed ed to affect things even the first cycle.  I'm still nursing my 18mo quite a bit and I think that may have been the culprit of the short LPs.

Congrats!!!!

Would you gals mind looking at my OPK? Yesterday they were much lighter, so I'm clearly getting closer to that LH surge. But the digital says negative. Would you all think that in the next 24 hours i'll see a big change?? I'm in the midst of food poisoning, so this is not what i needed for this to come early lol

823b74e2.jpg

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page